Jump to content
    BarricadeBoy
  • Author
  • 3,455 Words
  • 1,423 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Hot Wheels - 15. Curse Of The Twink

A budding friendship for one, but a budding romance for another.

Dreams are a blessing, but most of the time, they are a curse. They show you your deepest desires, but when they reach the best part, they're snatched away from you by a cold blowing wind in the middle of the night, or the first ray of sunshine at dawn. I had a dream last night: Everett was running on the beach towards me, I was sitting on a rock. He looked so happy and when he finally reached me, he held out his hand, suggesting a dance there on the white sand beach against a backdrop of blue, cloudless skies, and an orange sun that was about to set. Everything then went dark; Everett disappeared, and so did the entire setting.

I found myself in my dark room, woken up by a beautiful dream that quickly turned into a nightmare. It was a bit early, but the four walls felt too confining. I pulled on a night shirt that my dad gave me and went down stairs, boiling the kettle for an early cup of coffee.

“I wish the clock would speed up so I can call Everett,” I said as a marched around the kitchen, forgetting that it wasn't my house.

I popped my head out of the window, it was just after six but the streets were still dark, only illuminated by cars pulling out for work. Right across the street I saw a young man walking as he pulled some gloves onto his hands. It was Hunter.

I ran out into the street and shouted as loud as I could – he instantly turned around, waving back at me with a huge smile.

“Where in the world are you heading off to at this time of the morning?”

Hunter put one of his hands in his sling bag, looking around for a moment and then he pulled out an advertisement. ”They are looking for a barista downtown, they start at 8, so I thought I should leave early. I worked there for a summer, so I’m hoping they will recognize me,” he said as fog emitted from his mouth; it was freezing outside.

“Well I hope you get the job, that’ll be really nice.”

“Yeah, but I have to get going,” he said, turning away from me.

“We’ll celebrate at the bowling alley tonight, OK?”

He turned around again, he wanted to say something but he just nodded and smiled.

I rushed back into the house, my dad was at the foot of the stairs, looking like he had a bad night’s rest.

“I really don’t feel like going to work today.”

I showed him into the kitchen, where I made him some coffee too.

“Why were you out so early?” my dad asked suspiciously.

“I saw Hunter, he is going for a job interview.”

“Oh, well hopefully he gets it,” my dad said, paging through yesterday’s newspaper.

“Dad, are you still OK with Everett coming over?””

“Of course,” he answered, still reading the newspaper.

“I really miss him,” I said aloud, as it escaped my thoughts.

“Just hang in there, but I need to finish up for work.” Dad finished off his coffee and went back upstairs. I sat in front of the TV waiting for him to leave, my fingers were tingling with anticipation; I couldn’t help myself, and I had to speak to Everett.

I knew he was probably sleeping at this hour, but hopefully I would ring him awake. I waited for almost twenty seconds and finally sighed when my sleepy boyfriend answered.

“Who died?” he asked.

“No it’s me, Andrew, calling from Dad’s phone,”

“Andy? You need to come home!” he whined.

I got emotional, he was feeling the drought just as much as I was.

“I miss you, you need to come get me or something,” he answered.

“I will talk to my dad. Did everything go OK with Daniel?”

“Yeah. He is mad at me, but I did what I thought was best for him, but yeah, he seems fine.”

“All right, well get back to bed sweetie, talk to you soon,” I said, sending him off to sleep again.

I continued the day by trying to order my dad’s papers and files. Nothing was in order in his study, but he somehow found things when he needed them, I guess I didn’t get my neat freak abilities from my father.

Around three in the afternoon, my dad called telling me he would once again be late, however, he seemed all too happy about the fact, even if he was trying to hide his joy. All though he warned me that I shouldn’t wonder, I decided to step outside because I haven’t really been out here. I went out back into the yard and there was nothing but a fence, keeping my dad’s piece of land separated from the neighbor on the other side.

I saw a burnt patch of grass but also a damaged grill, he must have had some sort of accident here. If this were my house, I would have them put in a small pool where Everett and I could spend the long dog days of summer and be away from everything.

“Hiding out in the back yard now?”

Hunter startled me as he came from the side of the house, the same way I did. He was still the like he left me this morning, same clothes and everything; he must have wanted to tell me the good news first.

“So? How did it go?”

I wish I hadn’t asked. Hunter flashed me the “maybe next time” smile, and his face spelled out hopelessness.

“Oh man… I am sorry.”

He nodded as he walked closer to me and hugged me. I stood there frozen, not knowing what to do, but then I realized this was a friend who needs comforting and I wrapped my arms around him, telling him that he shouldn’t give up.

We sat down on the grass and Hunter took a parcel out of his bag, and unwrapped the foil to reveal a sandwich.

“I packed it for the road, but lost my appetite after things went sour with the interview,” Hunter said, handing me a slice.

“Mmmm, grilled cheese. I loved these, mom used to put them in for lunch,” I said, reminiscing about my school days.

“So, have you spoken to Everett? How is he?”

I almost choked when Hunter brought up Everett, but at least he was acknowledging that I had a boyfriend, which was good.

“Yeah, I spoke to him this morning. I miss him so much.”

“You’re so lucky, to have someone to talk to about stuff,” Hunter said as he looked down, picking at the grass and playing with the dirt.

“It hasn't been easy, Everett was in a wheelchair when we met, he still is, and I had this roommate who was gay, but hiding it, and he made so many moves on me… You kind of remind me of him,” I said, teasing Hunter.

“I wouldn’t have done that did!”

"But you did! You tired to kiss me, remember?"

"Oh. Yeah. I guess I did."

I laughed with him until we both became silent, and awkward when we ran out of anything else to talk about – until I remembered something.

“We are still going bowling tonight right?”

A smile broke across Hunter’s face, and this time he looked genuinely happy.

“I thought you’d never ask!”

“So, come pick me up at seven tonight. OK? My dad won’t be home by then, but I will leave him a note.”

“Oops! My grandparents must be starving by now!” he yelled as he jumped up.

“I’m joking, they can feed themselves, but I have to get going. See you tonight,” he said as he walked off.

“It’s a date!” I yelled out, and he stopped, turning around as if he didn’t hear me properly, I don’t even know if I heard myself properly!

“No, not like a date date, you know what I mean?” I quickly tried to cover up my revealing mistake.

He winked at me and finally left. I got up and debated with myself whether or not this was a bad idea, finally deciding that it wasn’t bad at all. Last time I checked, I didn’t feel attracted to Hunter and he seemed to respect my relationship with Everett.

I was hoping that my dad would call before I had to leave with Hunter, but he didn’t. The sun was already setting just before seven and I got ready to leave. I could see him getting into his grandfather’s car and he slowly drove into my dad’s driveway.

“Hey, why didn’t you take the car this morning?” I asked curiously as I walked up to the passenger side.

Hunter struggled to open the door from the inside, but with some tugging he managed to get it open. “Hmmm, there wasn’t any gas in the tank, but I made sure to refill for tonight.”

I slid into my seat and I felt a huge pile of shyness settle on my stomach, I couldn’t help, it but the more I tried to ignore it, the stronger it became; it felt like I was going on a date.

Hunter was wearing a pair of washed–out jeans, with a matching denim jacket complete with faux fur cuffs and collar. He started the car and we drove right back past his house, I tried to peek inside, but all the lights were off and I guessed his grandparents must have been sleeping already.

“So, what kind of dog is Ben?”

“Dachshund,” he said as he looked out onto the dark road.

“Nice. The weather is pretty cold this side, hey?” I tried making conversation.

“Cut it out Andrew, get to the point.”

Hunter’s words confused me and I had to collect myself to make sure I understood what he meant.

“Urgh… Is this a date or not?” He demanded an answer.

He was still looking out onto the dark road as he awaited my response. I knew that I had to choose my words carefully; I did not want to lose Hunter no matter how new he was to me.

“I think you know. I think you know that we are just friends, and if you can’t accept that, then best you turn this car around, Hunter,” I uttered, making sure I didn’t back down; I need him to get the message.

Hunter nodded and continued driving. Soon we stopped in a poorly lit area that had only a few bars and hang out spots, and oddly a graveyard that the youngsters had turned into a party ground for weekends; Hunter pointed that out to me. We entered the door of the Good Times bar and I heard Hunter being greeted as he came in. I stepped out from behind him and people looked shocked and confused, I must be pretty small.

“Beer for me, Joe,” Hunter said as he got us seats at the bar.

“Beer for me too, Joe,” I said, surprisingly.

I realized that we weren’t even asked for our ID’s, but I did not mention it, hoping I wouldn’t jinx our luck. I might be 18, but the curse of the twink is unforgivable.

“Hold on. I made a mental note not to force you in any way to have alcohol tonight, and here you order beer right of the bat? Joe, bring him a coke!”

“No you idiot, it’s my first time in a bar, I want a beer.”

I felt instantly pissed off when I saw Hunter looking at me with a concerned expression. What is it with these boys? They’re all about “Living a little,” but when I do, they try and treat me with kid gloves.

“Two Beers for the gentleman, on the house and off the books for the new guy. I overheard you're still an alcohol virgin and I’d like to help you settle some of your nerves buddy, your legal right? Hunter wouldn’t bring any one in here that could get us in trouble right?” Joe said as he handed me the tall glass with a wink.

Hunter assured the bartender, “of course,” and I played along.

I watched as Hunter took the first sip, looking at the glass as if it were his date, and then he gulped the rest of it down- I did the same.

Hunter burst out with laughter. Apparently my face looked as if I drank a tall glass of urine.

“What’s it taste like?” he asked amongst his laughter.

“Piss, it tastes like piss,” I said, trying to keep my composure.

“All right. One glass of beer is all we are having, off to play!”

We walked away from the bar and over to the mini bowling alley. It was quite empty, so Hunter and I could pick and choose as we wished. Hunter explained the rules to me and how to use my fingers, and it must have been the beer, because I started to think about fingers and holes of a different kind.

“You’re not concentrating…” he said, finally noticing that I wasn’t even looking at him.

“That guy is so hot,” I said, pointing directly at a guy sitting across from us.

“Don’t do that!” hunter reprimanded me as he slapped my hand down.

“Get me another beer while I try and get the hang of this.”

“No.”

“If you get me a beer, I will kiss you,” I said laughing. Hunter looked at me confused, but knew I was only trying to manipulate him. He walked off to the bar and I walked over to the guy sitting at the table.

“Excuse me, can you show me how?” I said, holding out the ball to him.

He sighed and then told me to fuck off, so I backed away.

“What were you doing over there?” Hunter asked.

“Nothing,” I answered, taking a smaller glass from him this time. I finished it in one gulp and then I challenged Hunter to the greatest game of bowling. I was drunk, so I thought I was some sort of grand master. I knew what was happening to me, but I didn’t want Hunter to cut our night short just yet.

“OK, that’s enough,” Hunter said as he went to sit down. The bar began to fill up as it had gotten later.

“You only had two glasses and you’re out of it? I feel kind of bad Andrew,” Hunter said, suddenly all miserable.

“I know. I feel bad too, I can’t help it, but please don’t feel bad that you got me drunk on two beers.” I said, trying to comfort Hunter.

“It’s not just that… It’s the thought that maybe Everett was looking forward to getting you drunk for the first time.”

Hunter had hit home.

He was right, but for some reason admitting it was harder than anything else, so I played along.

“That’s silly. It’s just a beer, besides we do all the other important stuff, the kissing, the sex, do you know what it’s like to suck a—“

“That’s enough!” Hunter cut me off. “I think we should leave, the bar is getting too full and I got you drunk on two beers.”

Hunter helped me out from my seat and aided me out the door as I wobbly walked to the car.

“This wasn’t so bad, maybe next time you stick to coke, OK?” Hunter joked, as he started to speed off.

I dozed off and woke up several times, but we still weren’t home, which is funny because I'm pretty sure the drive over here wasn’t this long. I was sunken in my seat and I felt Hunter throwing a jacket on me. I curiously peeked out of the window and saw that we weren’t driving back the same way we had come.

“Where are you taking me?” I asked, fear rising inside of me.

“I decided to take the long way home, you were sleeping and I thought if we drove longer, you might sleep off your drunkenness, so you don’t get in trouble with your dad.”

I admit, that was really sweet of him and I felt that I needed to show him gratitude.

“You are a really great guy Hunter, any guy or girl would be lucky to have you.”

Hunter smiled, but I could see it was not the kind of smile you give when you want to show someone you are happy, but when you try to please someone at your own expense.

We quietly drove up to the house and I saw that my dad had already gotten home.

Hunter and I entered the house, but it was dark; I could only see the kitchen light was on as we stood in the hallway. I heard a rustling noise, and for some reason I grabbed Hunter’s hand and ran to the lounge, hiding behind a couch.

“What are you doing?” Hunter asked, and I could tell only by the sound of his voice that he was nervous but I felt completely silly.

“I didn’t tell my dad,” I said, my words immediately followed by a bunch of naughty giggles.

We went silent when we heard my dad slapping along the wall, trying to find a light switch to the lounge. After a few seconds, the light went on right above our heads.

“Andrew, I can see you.”

This wasn’t my dad’s voice. It was Everett.

I tried to slowly rise to my feet, but Hunter pulled me up hastily.

Everett was sitting in his wheelchair, that’s why he was struggling to find the switch, and that was him waiting for me in the kitchen.

“Ev? What are you doing here?”

“That’s a warm welcome,“ he replied coldly.

“I’m sorry… I… I’m shocked, that’s all Everett,” I said, fearing the fight that was about to follow.

“Me too.”

Hunter stepped out from behind me, holding out his hand for Everett to shake. Luckily Everett responded by accepting.

“Look, this all looks suspicious, but I didn’t do anything. We just went out for bowling… I gotta go Andy.” Hunter scurried out the door, making him seem guilty of something he wasn’t.

“You’re overreacting,” I said, feeling angry for some reason, knowing that it wasn’t even my place to feel so.

“I’m not. You go out without telling your dad, who might I add is pretty upset after he went all that way to surprise you, and you show up drunk with some guy you don’t even know for more than a week. If that isn’t reason to be a bit angry, then please do tell me.”

“Let me explain, he is a friend I made, you can’t be mad at me for that.”

“He seems like a nice guy, but that doesn’t excuse your actions. When you left to come here, you were decent, now you’re hanging out at bars? Drinking?”

Everett pushed his wheelchair past me, and maneuvered himself onto the couch. I didn’t even notice the pillows and blankets there. He couldn’t go upstairs, so I guess he was going to sleep here.

“Can I sleep down here with you at least?”

Everett nodded. I ran upstairs and got me a blanket and pillows and laid it out on the ground next to the couch. There wasn't enough space for the both of us on the couch, so I decided to take the floor.

“You’re going to get cold, maybe you should go upstairs,” he suggested, but I pretended not to hear him as I made my bed.

“I’m still mad at you,” he said with a tiny hint of teasing. “He is hot though, I understand if you want to jump ship,” Everett said, revealing his insecurity.

“Nonsense!” I said, and I kissed the boy, trying my best to comfort him, and assure him that I was not going anywhere.

Everett’s cold fingers gripped onto my sides as he ran his hands under my shirt.

“God I missed you,” he exclaimed as our overdue kiss finally broke open.

Out of breath, I started caressing him, feeling his body, and the soft parts with the ever growing hard ones.

“I want you so bad, but we can’t Andy.”

As hard as it was, I managed to pull myself off of Everett, but I held my body close to his, my head on his chest.

“You’re going to fall off,” he said as he held me closely.

“I can’t make love to you, but I can tell you, I love you Everett.”

Everett sighed and finally, I knew everything would be all right.

“I love you too, Andy.”

I enjoy writing this story, and the slow out roll of chapters does not mean that i will not continue. i just prefer taking my time, knowing that i will put out a good chapter- however, i will put out chapters more often ofter 17 JUNE WHEN I AM DONE WITH FINAL EXAMS YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. shout out to editor Benny, i live for your "LOL's"
BarricadeBoy
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

You really packed a lot of surprises in a small space. What Andrew's dad did for he and Everett was just amazing, but of course – like it usually does – keeping a secret causes grief for someone.

 

Hunter remains intriguing, and now we know our shy English lad turns bold and horny with a couple of beers in him (I'm referring to the hot guy in the bar who he wanted to show him how to bowl). The behind-the-couch moment was both funny and terrifying, but you showed us that Everett is pretty levelheaded. And the sleeping arrangements proved that

 

Well done!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..