Jump to content
    BarricadeBoy
  • Author
  • 1,672 Words
  • 3,238 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Hot Wheels - 1. Cupid's... Basketball?

Andrew sees his first weekend in college as mundane until a modern day Cupid aims for his butt... or so he thought.

So here I was standing, on a chilly Saturday morning on a college sports field very far from home. I have been here a week and I made it by the skin if my teeth. I have seen guys naked in the shower yes. I have a smoking hot roommate and yes I'm a virgin but that doesn't phase me. That's how I got through school focusing and that's how I'll get through collage. Back home I have my eye set on a boy. He said he'd never date me. By me he ment middleclass, skinny and uncool. After college that will change.

That morning I stood there watching six very tall boys play basketball and I noticed a seventh one sitting on the sideline. He was the odd one out like me and I felt sorry for him. Little did I know that he wasn't the one I should be feeling sorry for. As I watched him I heard a familiar sound. Tapping. A basketball came and softly bumped right against my butt and I turned to pick it up. When I looked up I saw a figure but my sight was blinded by the sun that suddenly sat radiantly in the sky. I stood up clutching the ball against my chest and there in front of me was an older looking boy. He was in a wheelchair and an inappropriate joke about a transformer entered my mind.

"Hello" he said and I said hello too.

"Your English?" he asked and I nodded my head. I saw that his shoe laces were undone and for some reason I asked if he had trouble tying them. Obviously not because there's nothing wrong with his hands.

"What?" he asked and I spoke again. This time I noticed I spoke unusually loud. His wheelchair was very distracting. But I noticed his face and it had a look of disappointment on it.

"Let me guess...you're the reason that boy is sitting on the sideline?" I asked trying to speak to him as if he wasn't disabled.

"He is hardly a boy...but yeah... they said they wanted to play three on three...." .

"Jerks" I said. I felt sorry for him but i knew all too well that isn't what he wanted. He wanted to be accepted. "I can't play basketball but if you tell me what to do then this Saturday morning won't be so dreadful" .

He showed me the ropes and being the genius that I am (his words) I picked it up quickly. This led to us playing into the afternoon. No seriously I played and talked with a complete stranger for six hours. He left when he got a call saying that he missed one of his appointments with a doctor that afternoon so he had to rush off.

He left his basketball with me saying that we have unfinished business.

I spent a couple of hours reliving the day. Could this be? Did Andrew make his very first friend in college? Sundown eventually fell down on me and so did the rain and I made it to my dorm and fell on my bed in exhaustion. I sighed at the fact that my roommate was going to stumble in and wake me like he always did on weekends. To my surprise I heard knocking on the door.

"Jesus is he so drunk he doesn't know how to open up the door" I said softly as I picked my sweaty self up to open. I walked right back to bed but I heard something unusually familiar again. I heard wheels rolling and I jumped up and looked around

"I didn't see you at dinner in the caf.. thought i should bring you something?"

He threw all sorts of treats on my bed and my eyes marveled at the candy. He laughed at the childlike nature that I displayed.

"This...is just nice. Thank you so much...uhm..." I said trying to remember his name but I remembered he never introduced himself.

"Everett" he said. I sighed aloud at the beauty of his name but he just sat there looking uncomfortable.

"I'm Andrew" I said and he smiled.

"I figured that yeah. I believe your roommate told me your name. I asked him if he knew a first year that's from England and described you blah blah blah"

Till now I hadn't acknowledged how handsome he was and trust me this guy was hot. He had a perfect tan. Bluish green eyes and messy blond hair. I imagine he is quite tall too. "I'm sorry Andrew but...could you help me out of this thing? I sit in it all day and people don't realise how uncomfortable it gets. Also I don't like to ask for help" he said to me very humbly.

"And yet here you are asking a complete stranger" I said playfully and he copied me, mocking my accent.

I was nervous picking up this boy who was almost twice my size. He lifted himself with his strong arms and my arm slid under him briefly touching his bum. I like to believe the earth stood still in that moment because God he has a great bum. I placed my arms under his legs and lifted him. Halfway trough the lift Everett flashed his pearly whites at me and I stumbled falling over on my bed and the he crushed me.

I felt really embarrassed. "Oh my God did I hurt you? I'm so sorry" I said as I tried to fix his position. Everett burst out in laughter.

"Dude what are you doing? My legs are fine!" he laughed as he joked at me trying to see if his legs are alright.

"I'm not really strong..." I said blushing and not making eye contact.

"Here...have a bar" he said and I stuffed it in my mouth. "Besides you're going to do that a lot so maybe working out won't hurt"

He flashed his teeth in a childish grin again, his eyes glistening with the moonlight illuminating my tiny dormroom. A moment of silence came upon us and all you could hear was the sound of us rumbling through our candy.

"Thank you Andrew. It's not very often I come across someone who isn't thrown off by my wheelchair. When it happened all my friends swore they'd help me get around and they did but they got tired... they saw me as a burden...I was draining out all of the fun" Everett's words didn't surprise me much. His face alone makes him the life if the party but his wheelchair was just a reminder of his inability to others.

"I completely know what you mean" I said. The words escaped my mouth and I wasn't sure I wanted to say those exact words.

"You know what it's like to be in a wheelchair?" Everett asked surprised. "No...no that's not what I mean..." I said blushing again.

"Hot wheels" Everett said which confused me.

"What?" I asked in a serious tone as If the answer was important like something I wanted to know for an important exam.

"I am Hot wheels Andrew... you can't deny"

"Yes... indeed you are" I thought to myself.

But If I told him that he was hot, he'd know I'm...weird. If I said no I'm afraid he'd think I consider him unattractive so I took the foolish option, I politely laughed. In his eyes I could see he would have preferred a compliment. Shit! Maybe he hasn't gotten any compliments since he has been bound to this chair. Maybe he was so desperate for a compliment he would even take one from a guy. My heart sank right there.

"It's getting late" he said.

"Yeah" I said. God Andrew why are you being so awkward?!

"Do you want to take me to my room?" Everett asked and I agreed.

I pushed him down the halls and out the building to where his dormroom was. In that short while I learned that he was twenty three years old. He is studying history and he has a photographic memory. He seemed so happy for my company that I started to feel obliged to be his friend.

"This is me" he said and I stopped a little too quick.

"Oooookay buddy. First time driving huh?" he joked.

"Do you need me to... err...?" I asked nervously.

"What? tuck me into bed? you don't have to... but you can" Everett said and I was almost sure he was flirting with me.

He pushed open the door and it shut behind him. "Goodnight Andrew" I heard him shouting from inside. When I returned to my room, Marco, my roommate was passed out on they floor.

"Get up" I said gently kicking him. He reeked of alcohol. He stumbled up and I helped him inside. I laid him down and went back to lock up. When I returned, Marco was laying on my bed this time.

"No no your bed! I said and I picked him up and threw him on his bed.

"Andrew" he whispered cupping his hands over his face.

"What?" I asked

"Take off my pants please"

"What?" This time I asked in disbelief

"Shut up and take it off . I'm to tired and it's gona bug me all night"

I jumped up and unbuttoned his jeans. I slid them off tugging as his masculine legs filled them up. Upon pulling them off I couldn't help notice what looked like a semi-erection in his boxers. I stared for a quick second and went back to bed.

"What you think I wanted to act gay with you?" he said annoyed from across the room

Obviously I didn't answer. I tucked my head under my blanket and for some reason I smiled. The reason wasn't Marco's package but Everett. And then I had an epiphany

"Shit...that basketball didn't hit my bum by accident... he made it hit my ass on purpose!"

First chapter. It is essential that you give me some feedback so I know if I should continue my work. :) Thank u to all the faithful readers!- Curt CM
BarricadeBoy
  • Like 14
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

It's a very effective opening, and I liked the roomies, and the tension that you portray. I well remember that vibe always being there there the first day of living in the dorm with him, whoever 'he' turned out to be.

The pants-tug leading to the epiphany is very nicely done, and is a natural pull on the reader to want to get their hands on chapter 2.

Keep up the good work!

Link to comment

Wow! So you launched into the story form. Well done! And a great start, but you do need an editor to pick up on some errors and polish it a little for you. I'm available if you want. Send me a personal message. Lol!

Link to comment
On 07/14/2015 10:59 PM, Jaro_423 said:

Wow! So you launched into the story form. Well done! And a great start, but you do need an editor to pick up on some errors and polish it a little for you. I'm available if you want. Send me a personal message. Lol!

Hey Jaro! Thanks for reading. I actually got an editor after a few chapters. They'll get better lol. Enjoy , and thanks for the offer!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..