Jump to content
    BDANR
  • Author
  • 1,689 Words
  • 1,938 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

There is No Forever - 1. Chapter 1

This is one of the few novels I've started as an adult that I would LOVE to finish. Your support, whether that comes from feedback, points of improvement, affirmations etc. would be truly appreciated :).

Note: I have no editor, so if there are issues with grammar and other technical mistakes, please let me know!

“OMG! And he had the biggest...mmm! Uhh, being on the receiving end of that was like reaching Nirvana.”

“Nirvana? Isn’t that being liberated from suffering and rebirths?”

“Umm I don’t knoooow? And quit interrupting my story!”

Jesse and Devan walked through townhouses and apartments with Norway apple and oak trees along James Street, the gay capital of the city. It just reached noon, the trees casting shadows on the lawns and sidewalks as the sun’s rays covered Jesse and Devan’s backsides. Jesse dawned a sky blue tank top with blue jean shorts that barely reached his knees, showing off his thin legs and overall small framed stature.

“So anyway,” Jesse began, wiping away the sweat on his clean shaven face, his tone like the mahogany colored tree bark that surrounded them, “...oooowoooo! Look at those two!” Devan looked in Jesse’s direction to find two other black men hauling boxes and furniture within a large sized van. “And Devan, it looks like they’re moving in. Let’s go say hi!”

“Queen,” Devan said, “you don’t wanna scare em’ off before they move-in.”

“Boy please!”

Parked in front of a five story apartment complex built with bricks of purples and reds, Stefan and Chris were a half and hour into moving into their new home, feeling the heat and getting exhausting from move-in day. Stefan lifted, with his sepia toned arms, a large box that he attempted to take out of the moving van.

“Careful with that one, it’s got a-” And just as the words were coming out of Chris's mouth, the box’s bottom end gave out, pouring out pots, pans, and other dishware. “Fuck man, I tried to tell you.”

In a low voice, Stefan said, “Sorry Chris,” as he got on his hands and knees to pick up the dishware. The two dressed appropriately for the occasion. They had on gray basketball shorts with different colored boots, Stefan’s being tan and Chris’ being brown. The two of them also wore matching tank tops, Chris’ being black and Stefan’s being white.

“Would you gentlemen care for some assistance from us,” Jesse inquired as Devan and him approached the moving van. Devan turned to Jesse then, wondering how he had been volunteered to help when Jesse hadn’t even bothered to consult him ahead of time. Devan’s copper-red chestnut skin was a shade redder from the humid heat, with drops of sweat getting tangled in his scruffy beard. Fortunately for Jesse who had short cropped hair, Devan thought, his fro only added to his discomfort. Wearing a red V neck and white shorts, however, he was at least glad that he dressed appropriately for the job.

Stefan, not really sure what to make of the situation, turned to Chris who simply shrugged. “Oh, you don’t have to trouble yourselves-”

“No trouble at all! We like to help our fellow neighbors. Let me help you with this kitchen stuff down here.” Jesse invited himself into the moving van. Stefan noted that Jesse and himself were nearly identical in height, about five foot and eight inches. Jesse crouched down in front of Stefan and gave him a smile. He looked at Stefan’s features, his goatee, bushy eyebrows, and short, lined up hair that wasn’t as curly as Devan’s or his, and had the impression that, while he was black, Stefan had southeast Asian heritage. His belly stretched his tank top, his build being similar to Devan’s, though Devan was a few inches taller. “Devan, why don’t you put those muscles to good use and help the man trying to wrestle with that table over there - Ooh, where are my manners, I forgot to ask your names!”

Jesse’s high energy, rapid fire talk made Stefan slightly unsteady, unsure of what to make of him. “I’m Stefan.”

“My name is Chris,” Chris greeted them with a nod, removing himself from the table. “Pleasure meeting you both.”

“My my, you have a deep voice there,” Jesse said, fanning himself. Stefan couldn’t help but giggle. Jesse took a good look at Chris, noting his honey colored skin and chinstrap beard with acne on his cheeks. He must’ve been biracial himself, Jesse thought, probably having one white parent. He had curly black hair that had been gelled, height that was a towering six foot and four inches, with a thin, slightly muscular frame. “Well my name is Jesse and the man behind me would be Devan.” Jesse turned around to find Devan waiting outside the moving van with his hands in his pockets. “Well don’t just stand there Devan, go grab the table!”

Devan shook his head and adjusted his pear wood glasses, looking to Chris. “Need help with that, man?”

Chris waved his hand directing him in the moving van. “Would be appreciated, bro.” Devan climbed into the moving van and the four men worked together to help Stefan and Chris settle into their new home.

 

“Job well done,” Jesse exclaimed, placing the last large box in the middle of the living room, where a snow white ceiling fan was on full blast. The apartment was a large size one bedroom on the 4th floor of the apartment complex, giving the two roommates a nice view of James Street and the town around them. From their window, they could see the mountains to the East and their neighbors who strolled along the street.

“We really appreciate you two taking the time to help us out,” Stefan said. “I hope we didn’t disrupt any plans you all had.”

“Nonsense, we’re glad to help!” Jesse smiled emphatically, though Devan thought in the back of his mind that they had somewhere else to be.

Pulling the keys from his pocket, Chris said, “Alright Stefan, bout to go return the moving van. It was nice meeting you both.” He gave a strong handshake to Devan and Jesse came flying over, pushing his hand toward Chris’ way.

“It was nice to meet you too, Christopher.”

Chris laughed and shook Jesse’s hand. “Just call me Chris. I’ll catch you two later.” Chris jogged out the door and Jesse had a mischievous smile on his face.

“Mmm, that is a fine looking man! Gurl, what’s the ‘T’ on him?”

“The T,” Stefan said in a questioning tone, not too acquainted with the lingo. “Oh, Chris is cool. We’ve been friends since high school. You both can have a seat on the couch if you’d like. Would you like something to drink?”

Stefan walked himself into the kitchen, separated by a bar area where they had black stools for seats. The countertops were made of a white quartz that were complimented by the steel appliances, along with another window for even greater natural light that spread across the apartment.

“Water will be fine, Stefan,” Devan said.

“How bout a mimosa - ouch! Ugh I’ll get a water too.” Jesse massaged his side after getting an elbow from Devan. “But back to the man in black. High school huh? He must’ve had all the ladies on him back then.”

Stefan laughed from the kitchen. “He probably did, but Chris is a monogamous guy.”

“Monogamous? Mmm, the ladies in his life are really lucky to have him all to themselves.”

Stefan laughed again, using the refrigerator to fill three glass cups. “Yeah, they think he’s a real keeper.” Devan’s eyebrow rose as he noticed Stefan being more timid than usual as he spoke about Chris.

Stefan brought two glasses to the table. “Here you are.”

“Thank you kindly,” said Jesse.

“Yes, thank you Stefan.” Devan said. “I should’ve asked, what brought you two to James Street of all places?”

Stefan answered with his back turned as he returned to the kitchen. “Chris got himself a job here as a truck driver. I found the place off of a website that had apartment listings. Just when we found the place and gave them our security deposit, I found out it was in the gay district. We both had a laugh about that.”

“You both seemed very comfortable with us, especially Jesse’s over-the-top self.” Jesse gave a cheeky wink.

“Oh, you two are fine,” Stefan said as he sat himself on the lounge chair. “Chris and I aren’t homophobic.”

“That’s guuuud,” Jesse said, taking a gulp of his water. “In that case, you both won’t mind tagging along with Devan and I when we hit the clubs.”

“Jesus, Jesse.” Devan sighed.

“You both go out around here?” Stefan asked.

“Yes honey! We both have a FAB time. But, before we bring ya’ll to the club,” Jesse said as he side-eyed Devan, “we can invite you to dinner. You can meet my husband, Nikolai.”

“His “boyfriend” of one year,” Devan corrected, putting his arm around Jesse.

“Quit hating! Whaddya say, darling?”

Stefan rubbed his arms unconsciously. “Sure, I think that’d be nice, but Chris and I should treat you both! To thank you for helping out.”

“Gurl, no need to empty your pockets for us after spending all this money moving. BUT,” - Jesse crossed his legs and folded his hands together, blinking slowly for emphasis - “you can definitely pay for my drink at the club.”

“Yeah, if you don’t mind, Stefan,” Devan said, “a drink would be cool. We’re glad to help you both out.” Devan stood up from the couch, yawning and stretching his arms. “We should probably get going though. Someone missed their mani-pedi appointment.”

Stefan stood up abruptly, “Wait, did you really? I’m sorry, I really didn’t mean to take up your time-”

“You’re too sweet,” Jesse got up and patted Stefan on the shoulders. “Don’t you worry yourself. I’ll make sure I’m seen.”

Stefan shook both of their hands. “It was very nice meeting you both.”

“You too, Stefan,” Devan said. “we’ll see you around.”

“Take care sweetheart,” Jesse waved as Devan and him opened the door. “I’ll text you more deets about dinner.”

“Sounds good,” Stefan waved back. And as the door shut, Stefan looked around at the room, admiring the space, his space. He felt comfortable in his new home, and was overjoyed having made new friends.

Thank you all for reading!
Copyright © 2017 BDANR; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Stefan must have been glad of the help and intrigued by his new neighbors. He seems rather reserved, shy even. Will that be a problem for the outgoing Jesse?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..