Jump to content
    BDANR
  • Author
  • 2,136 Words
  • 1,070 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

There is No Forever - 14. Chapter 13

Today was the day. Chandra’s bag and suitcase were all ready to go, placed next to the door. Stefan returned to the room, coming from outside. Chandra was in the mirror putting on eyeliner and Chris sat on the couch watching TV.

“The car is all set,” Stefan said. “I can grab your suitcase for you. Do you have everything?”

Chandra put her makeup away. “I do. Let me just put away my things.” Chandra grabbed her peach colored bag from the bar and stuffed it in her luggage.

“Are you sure you don’t want any Dramamine for the plane? It’ll put you to sleep.”

Chandra nodded. “It’s okay. I’m going to buy a movie to distract myself!” The two of them laughed. “Let’s get going.” Chandra grabbed her bag and Stefan pulled out the suitcase’s handle. Chris got himself up from the couch and walked towards them. “Thanks for letting me crash here with you both, Chris. It was...interesting after not seeing you for awhile.”

Chris smirked. “You’re welcome. It was just like old times.” Chandra smiled like it hurt. Stefan knew Chandra would’ve rather not seen Chris at all and knew it must’ve taken a lot for her to stay with them. He was thankful Chris’ behavior had toned down since Chandra had been around. “Can I get a hug?” Chris opened his arms. Chandra studied Chris as she leaned against the door. Stefan wondered what was on her mind.

She put her bag down. “How about a shake?” She stuck out her hand. Chris’ arms fell to the side. He still had that smirk on his face as he walked towards the two. They shook hands slowly, looking at each other’s eyes as they did so. Stefan sensed they were sizing each other up. When they let each other go, Chandra picked up her bag and Stefan and herself walked out the door.

“See you when I get back, Chris,” Stefan said. But as Stefan was getting ready to close the door, Chandra turned to look at Chris once more.

“Chris.” Chris was scratching his head, then stopped when he noticed Chandra’s eyes on him. “Treat Stefan good. If you don’t, I’ll know.” Chandra walked away without waiting for a response. Stefan saw Chris who had a strange look on his face. It was as though he was puzzled but furious at the same time.

 

Stefan and Chandra made it to the airport. Chandra had all her luggage and the two stood outside the car in the passenger drop-off. Planes were roaring, getting ready to take off. Cars honked. A blend of tears and joy surrounded them as relatives and friends said their goodbyes.

“Well, this is it,” Stefan said. “Thank you so much for coming, Chandra. I promise I’ll come home soon.” The two hugged.

“I’m so glad I came,” she said. “I missed you and I’m so happy for you.” When they separated, both could see tears in their eyes. They laughed at each other.

“I love you, sis,” Stefan said as he waved goodbye.

“I love you too, brother.” And Chandra walked herself through the airport’s doors, back to the place they both once called home.

 

Stefan returned to the apartment. He didn’t see Chris in the living room anymore and the TV had been turned off. The space seemed so different without Chandra’s presence. He missed her already. The quietness was a conflicting mix of tranquil and unsettling.

“Come in the bedroom, Stefan,” said Chris. He took off his shoes and approached the bedroom’s entrance. Chris appeared in the doorway. He held out his hand and Stefan grabbed for it. Chris pulled Stefan inside, then closed the door.

“Chris, what are you-” Before Stefan could answer, Chris stuck his tongue in Stefan’s mouth, kissing him roughly while his hands held Stefan’s waist.

“Man, I’ve been waiting a week for homegirl to leave. I’ve been wanting to fuck you so bad.” Stefan’s face showed his hesitance. Something in him told him that he didn’t want Chris’ kiss or touch or affection. Chandra and Jesse’s voices were in his head.

“Babe-” Chris wouldn’t let Stefan speak as he kept sucking and biting Stefan’s lips. He moved Stefan toward the bed and pushed him on it. “Wait, Chris, I don’t-”

“Shh shh shh.” Chris pressed his finger onto Stefan’s lips. “Just let me do this.” Chris took off his shirt and jumped on the bed. He sat on top of Stefan’s legs and his hands grabbed Stefan’s wrists. He pinned them to the side of Stefan’s head and began kissing him again. Despite having Chris all over him, feeling him, desiring him, Stefan wasn’t interested in having sex and he was upset at Chris’ persistence, shutting off his ears to his pleas.

“Chris, stop-”

“Can’t control it, huh? I know you want this as much as I do-”

“No-”

“I bet you were thinking about it while you were on your way out the door-”

“Chris I told you to stop-”

“Damn, I love seeing you put up a fight-”

“STOP!” Chris' lips lingered on Stefan’s neck. He pulled away, a stunned expression on his face as he stared down at Stefan.

“What?”

Stefan could hear the anger in Chris’ voice. “I-I don’t want to do this.”

“Don’t want to...what? Have sex?” Stefan nodded slowly. Stefan hardly said no to Chris’ advances, stemming from an obligation to please him along with the fear of retribution. This was no ordinary moment, but an act of resistance.

Chris became agitated. “Come on, I’ve been wanting this so bad. You’ve been losing weight, you look sexy as hell. I just wanna fuck.” Stefan was tired of Chris mentioning his weight. He wasn’t just wary of Chris’ behavior, he was disgusted. Stefan decided enough was enough.

“I don’t want to have sex with you.” Stefan saw Chris’ eyes dilate like something in him had snapped. Stefan stopped breathing.

“I let your bitch stay in my apartment for a fucking week and you can’t even let me fuck you? You owe me, Stefan.” Stefan was frozen. Stefan could recall so many times where he’s been fearful of Chris, but this time, he was terrified. He felt Chris’ hands press his wrists deeper into the bed. The door was closed and his legs were trapped under Chris’ weight.

“S-s-stop talking a-a-bout my friends like that-”

“Fuck them! I said I want to fuck Stefan, I’m not playing with you!”

Stefan pushed back against his fear and yelled back. “I told you NO! Please get off, you're hurting me, Chris!” Chris’ hands held Stefan’s wrists tighter. Stefan could hardly move his hands and felt them losing circulation. Chris looked horrifying. His hot breath and sweat fell onto Stefan’s face. Stefan was worried for his well-being but didn’t have the courage to scream for help.

Chris looked at Stefan more. He released his hands, the fury on his face remained. He pulled himself off the bed and grabbed his shirt on the floor. Stefan tried catching his breath. He rubbed his sore, raw wrists and watched Chris closely. Without a word, Chris put on his shirt and headed out the bedroom. He put on some tennis shoes, grabbed a coat, and slammed the front door closed.

Stefan was shaking, his heart was beating through his chest. He hyperventilated while he laid there on the bed. He touched all over himself, thankful to have control over his body again. What am I going to do, he thought. How am I going to get out of this?

 

Devan paced around his living room wearing a presentable, buttoned up sky blue collared shirt and jeans. He bit his nails, played with his hair, tried removing the wrinkles off his shirt. He waited with angst for the door to his apartment to ring. He spent the entire weekend having made the place spotless. He felt like a parent trying to convince an adoption agency that he would be an adequate parent. It was then the doorbell rang.

Devan took a long breath and walked to the door slowly, his footsteps steadier than they had been these last couple of days. When he opened the door, he saw Auntie Katherine with a red blouse and tan slacks, her arm around Jade whose clothes were identical to the ones she wore the night Leroy died.

“Hello Devan,” Aunt Katherine greeted him.

“Hey Aunt Katherine,” Devan said. “Nice to see you, Jade.”

“Nice to see you too,” Jade said. Devan looked further out and saw the car Aunt Katherine had driven the night Leroy passed. Uncle George was sitting on the passenger seat looking at the three of them from afar, his face in a permanent frown.

“Well,” Aunt Katherine said, “aren’t you going to invite us in?”

“Of course. You both are welcome inside.” Devan held the door open for the two as they brought themselves in. Devan looked out again at Uncle George, whose eyes bore into Devan even from the distance. Devan closed the door as Uncle George remained in the vehicle.

Aunt Katherine looked around as if she were in a museum, checking every nook and cranny. Jade stood stiffly in the living room.

“You two need anything to drink?” Devan asked.

“Some water for the both of us would be nice, dear.” Devan didn’t trust the way Aunt Katherine said “dear” like it was something she didn’t mean.

“Sounds good. You both can look around if you’d like.” Aunt Katherine nodded. She began taking the liberty of exploring the apartment. Jade went to the window near Devan’s TV, looking down at the street below.

Devan watched her as he started pouring water into two glasses on the countertop. “I was thinking about you. What have you been up to at Aunt Katherine’s and Uncle George’s?”

Jade turned to Devan. “Not much. Great aunt Katherine has been taking me to a church group that meets every Wednesday.” Just like Aunt Katherine, Devan thought. Religious minded and expects everyone else to be the same.

“Do you enjoy it?” Jade didn’t say anything. “You can be honest. I won’t tell.” Jade nodded and Devan started laughing. “I didn’t really like church group either. My parents used to make me do the same.” Jade smiled. It was the first time he had ever seen her smile since her father's passing.

“Have you got to see anyone else in the family?”

“Cousin Pete’s been coming over to see me few times. Great Auntie Gladys and great Uncle Charles came over last week too.” Devan’s eyes were wide. He was astounded by the support Jade was getting. He was happy for her, but sad for himself, wishing he was given even half of what Jade received.

“That’s really good to hear. Man, I haven’t seen Pete in so long. How are Auntie Gladys and Uncle Charles?”

“They’re alright. They told me to tell you they love you.” Devan appreciated he was thought about. He walked over and handed a glass to Jade. She stared at the glass and took it timidly. At the same time, Aunt Katherine came in. Devan handed her a glass as well.

“Thank you,” Aunt Katherine said. She remained standing. “Looks alright in here. You must’ve spent a lot of time on it.”

“I did. Been living here for five years.” Coincidentally, that was also the time Devan had lost his parents. For Aunt Katherine, her sister.

She didn’t flinch. “How did you manage all this at a young age?”

“I grew up quick.” Jade’s eyes kept shifting from Devan to Aunt Katherine. “Is there a reason Uncle Charles is staying outside? He can come in if he likes.”

Aunt Katherine clicked her tongue. “He didn’t feel like coming in. Not much else to it.” There was tension in the room. Eyeing Jade, Devan realized conversations with his aunt needed to be without Jade’s presence. At least for now.

“Jade.” Jade’s attention was on Devan. “Did you want me to come up to visit sometime? Maybe I can pick you up and we can head to the movies or something.” Aunt Katherine eyed Devan with suspicion in her eyes.

Jade nodded. “Sure.”

“You’ll be calling us ahead of time before showing up at our door, won’t you?” Aunt Katherine asked. Devan became annoyed. He felt like he was fighting against the world, from Leroy to Aunt Katherine and Uncle George just to be with Jade. He wished he could hear Leroy’s voice again, telling him that what he was doing was okay. But Devan remained strong, and his courage overrode his doubts.

“You know I will, Aunt Katherine. I’ll call every time.” Aunt Katherine’s face didn’t change. The two stared each other down like combatants in a ring.

Thanks for reading.
Copyright © 2017 BDANR; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I want to like this, but also to cry. Stefan is in the middle of getting raped by a man he no longer wants to love. Devan is fighting a hard, long slog of a battle with his relatives just to become a human being in their eyes. I cannot tell if there is any hope for either of them, let alone the other characters of our acquaintance. The trouble is, I can't just put this away, as it is convincingly written and utterly engaging. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

It's going to take some time before Devon's family comes to the real problem. That elephant in the room is huge LMAO. 

 

As for Stephan finally standing up to Chris. Good job on his part. I'm just glad he stopped after being told twice. I don't know Stephan would have reacted otherwise.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Parker Owens said:

I want to like this, but also to cry. Stefan is in the middle of getting raped by a man he no longer wants to love. Devan is fighting a hard, long slog of a battle with his relatives just to become a human being in their eyes. I cannot tell if there is any hope for either of them, let alone the other characters of our acquaintance. The trouble is, I can't just put this away, as it is convincingly written and utterly engaging. 

Thanks for commenting Parker. Sorry, it's been a difficult read :(. This is definitely one of the more scarier chapters (in terms of Stefan's story), but maybe I can give my perspective on this chapter to see if it changes anything for you?

 

As awful as Stefan's attack was, I think we're coming to a point where Stefan is now envisioning a future outside of Chris. Before, he was in denial of the abuse and truly loved him. But in this chapter, I wanted to suggest that something is clicking in him. He's realizing that what he's going through isn't okay and that leaving is an option for him, especially in the last few sentences of his story.

 

For Devan, he's definitely coming across a real challenge here, "a hard, slog of a battle" as you mentioned. In this chapter, I wanted to hone in on Devan's resilience in the face of all this. He knows it would be hard, and he believes this battle to be worth it. He went through the hurdle of grieving his brother's death, and now I see him using that strength to connect with Jade, even though his family will be an obstacle.

 

I hope you can pull through. I appreciate your comments :).

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Remijay said:

It's going to take some time before Devon's family comes to the real problem. That elephant in the room is huge LMAO. 

 

As for Stephan finally standing up to Chris. Good job on his part. I'm just glad he stopped after being told twice. I don't know Stephan would have reacted otherwise.

Yes! Stefan fighting back is exciting to write about. Awareness is the beginning of the battle...

 

Thanks for commenting :).

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Lets start with Devan. I'm glad he is standing strong and speaking up. The best way to get at his aunt... Kill her with sugary kindness.

As for Stefan... Well he just experienced an attack. Make no mistake, that's what happened. Pack your shit and high tail it out of there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 9/10/2017 at 9:04 PM, BlindAmbition said:

Lets start with Devan. I'm glad he is standing strong and speaking up. The best way to get at his aunt... Kill her with sugary kindness.

As for Stefan... Well he just experienced an attack. Make no mistake, that's what happened. Pack your shit and high tail it out of there.

2

Devan is handling that situation very well! Showing a lot of strength as you mentioned.

Stefan is definitely in a bad situation. Hopefully, this episode will convince him that it's time to leave.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..