Jump to content
    Cailen
  • Author
  • 2,314 Words
  • 2,098 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>

The Elven Chronicles of Draco Malfoy - 12. Chapter 2: Acceleration

Chapter 2: Acceleration

 

8/29

10:00am Chamber below Adendele

 

“Again…”

“Again…”

“Again…”

Harry had been in the chamber for almost five hours. Nicholas had taught him how to control elements within a room and use them as weapons. It might not be as flashy as conjuring items but it was sure less strenuous. Right now he was practicing how to make torches on the walls become like flame throwers.

“Again…”

Harry focused on the torch on the wall. The flame erupted into a giant ball and streaked across the room like an angry serpent leaving a trail of fire in its wake.

“Excellent Harry… now I think it is time to try something new”

“What would that be?” Harry asked

With a snap pf his fingers both Harry and Nicholas appeared to be standing along on a mountaintop. It became suddenly chilly. Harry in rapid succession snapped his fingers several times giving himself warming spells and warmer clothes.

“Good work” Nicholas noting the rapid use of wandless magic “but today we will begin dueling”

A smile lit across Harry’s face this is what he had been waiting for

“I shall not try to instruct you… begin!” Nicholas immediately encased Harry in a boulder. Harry countered by shattering the boulder into a thousand pieces and while the pieces were in midair he transfigured them into flaming arrows and shot them back at Nicholas.

Nicholas lazily transfigured them into butterflies and the round was over.

“Excellent Harry… good use of creativity, spontaneous and a good mix”

“Thank you” Harry said pleased with himself

“Again, this time I will try something different”

“Ok”

“Again…”

With a snap of his fingers Harry summoned a tornado right over Nicholas’s head distracting him, Flamel countered by banishing it and counted with a lightning bolt. While Harry cast a wandless “Protego” Flamel pulled a wand from his pocket and cast a stunner at Harry. Distracted the stunner missed him by centimeters.

“Careful Harry”

Harry cast off several spells in rapid succession at Flamel who was blocking with and without his wand. Flamel was too fast for him and soon caught him with a tickling charm and the round was over.

“finite incatatum” Flamel dropped the curse “good job, but you will find that using a combination of wand and wandless magic is preferable, not only will it allow you to cast faster, but you will also use less energy since your wand uses a focus.”

Harry nodded in understanding

“Again…”

 

8/29

11:00am Hogwarts/ Headmaster’s Office

“Lord Voldemort has assembled an army and tomorrow it will reach Hogsmeade. I have summoned you here to gather all survivors from across the land and bring them here. The castle will protect us; we need to get everyone that we can.”

“How can you be so certain, and how can you remain so calm”

“I’m a portrait McGonagall” Albus Dumbledore smiled “some things will never be the same”

“I see”

“If Hogwarts should fall” Dumbledore continued “get everyone you can to Bauxbatons or Durmstrang, I am confident Hogwarts will not allow Voldemort to use her for his desired purposes and may try to destroy herself and or him. If the walls breech you must flee”

“I understand”

“Now go”

McGonagall turned on her heel and left the office

 

8/29

11:30am Draco Phoenix’s Chambers

 

“Lunch is served Master Phoenix”

“Thank you, I’ll be right down… is Harry back yet?”

“Yes, Master Harry is in the dining room waiting for sir, Master Phoenix”

“Thank you, that is all”

The servant bowed respectfully and shut the door behind them Draco gracefully swept himself to his closet and picked out some of his finest elven robes and put them on. With a slight flick of his wrist and with his wand made his hair perfect and wavy. He walked over to the mirror and with a quick vain glance made sure he was perfect in every way and then walked out the door towards the dining room.

Entering the dining room he was stunned to see a small table set for two. And standing over his chair was Harry dressed in a smart elven tunic and was wearing a small circlet in his still messy black hair.

“Evening Draco, I thought I’d surprise you with a dinner for two” Harry said

Draco was indeed surprised; he didn’t expect this level of adoration

“Yes Harry, this looks wonderful”

“Thank you” Draco strode over to Harry and took his seat and then took his own instantly servants came out and began serving bread and salad.

“I need to talk to you Draco” Harry said nervously

Draco instantly looked away from his food “and what do you need to talk to me about”

“All this” Harry said “this all happened so fast and I’m really scared, but it feels so right, but it’s too fast”

“I know how you feel” Draco “but it feels right to me too, I guess it’s hard because we never talked, I always thought of you as some spoiled golden-boy but as part of our bonding I learned you were not, we never talked about it, we both know our childhoods were hard, it is easier for me if I don’t talk about it but I suppose I should with you so you can hear it from my mouth and not see it as if from a pensive.”

Harry just nodded

Draco sighed “I’ve been lonely for a long time, my friends were under orders to spy on me from my father and I bet they were paid well, everything I did was watched and my father was ruthless, then I went to Hogwarts and it all changed”

“I felt the same way”

“Hogwarts does that to you, but I still had to act like the proper pure-blood otherwise I would have been found out, I was forced to do terrible things”

“I know”

“I didn’t want Dumbledore to die”

“I know”

“I keep playing that night over in my mind thinking there might have been something I could have done differently that would have changed that night.”

Harry spoke up “I’ve done the same thing, I guess sometimes things are just supposed to happen that way for a reason”

“I guess”

“Sirs?” a new voice entered as a servant rushed into the room

“Yes?” Draco asked slightly annoyed that their dinner was being interrupted

“Your father has requested both of sirs’ presence in his study immediately”

“Lead the way then”

They left dinner side by side

 

8/29

12:00pm Adendele Castle/ Lord Zasuan Phoenix’s chambers

 

Draco and Harry entered the chambers and they were surprised to find several people waiting for them. One was Severus Snape and several elves neither of them had met before.

“Draco, Harry, these are my military generals, and I think you already know Mr. Snape” Lord Zasuan addressed

“Father, what is Professor Snape doing here?”

“He’s here on personal business” Draco looked at Professor Snape and for a brief second Snape’s eyes traveled to the female elf beside him and then back into a cold hard mask.

“I see, why are Harry and I here with your military generals?”

“Acarna if you please?” Lord Zasuan said

A female elf dressed in full military regalia stepped forward with a basin and spoke “our spies have detected a military force moving inside the human realm that seems to be approaching Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry we had learned that the Ministry for Magic in England has been destroyed and there is some force delaying the arrival of outside help” she pulled out a very small stick and tapped the basin

The basin started swirling with smoke but suddenly a hazy form of Hogwarts appeared inside.

“This is the school” she tapped the basin and the castle shrank and gave the appearance of zooming out “this is the army, we assume is is under Voldemort’s control but it hasn’t been confirmed” and sure enough a large force was approaching Hogsmeade

“We suspect” she continued “that they will attack tomorrow at dawn, because of this we are sending a combined force of Slythersend and Adendele armies to counter this attack, we hope to at least spare the castle of most major damage we will approach from the Forrest and will hopefully arrive in time to enter the castle before Voldemort’s forces break their defenses”

“Thank you Acarna, Ru do you wish to something to add?”

“Yes milord, I think that one force shall remain behind to protect Adendele”

“Of course”

“That is all, Ru respectfully bowed”

“Draco, Harry I want you to lead the Army, I want you to get them to Hogwarts and I want you to hold that castle, if you can last till midnight of the second day I will come with reinforcements”

“If you’re sure father, Harry and I have never leaded an army we wouldn’t know the first thing about it.” Draco said

“You will have my military generals at your side as well as…”

“Hi Harry” a voice said from behind Lord Zasuan and a head of Red hair appeared

“Mr. Weasley has also volunteered his help”

Harry’s face lit up

“I also hear that you Harry have become quite the Wizard?”

Harry blushed “Nicholas Flamel has taught me so much”

“I hope you can put those skills to good use, you will need them, you leave tonight and will make camp deep within the forest. Then under the cover of darkness you will travel to Hogwarts and arrive by first light, any questions?”

“No sir” Harry said

“Good, then you will both need to follow Ru here and he will get your things together and get your Pegasus ready”

“Thank you”

 

8/29

3:00pm Hogwarts

 

At first they came by two’s

Then they came by three’s

Now witches and wizards came in droves to Hogwarts to be protected by her walls.

“send them to the 5th floor, the house elves just finished setting up cots… no Gryffindor common room is full… dinner is at 6” McGonagall was running around the entryway greeting everyone who came in. the front gates were under heavy guard and each person was being screened for dark magic, the process had created a line out the gate and over the covered bridge.

Ginny Weasley was sitting alone in the astronomy tower gazing towards the horizon. Her hair blew in her face expressionless as if caught in a dream. Her piercing blue eyes traveled the clouds looking for something, she didn’t even know what.

“Ginny?” a voice said from behind her “what re you doing out here all alone?”

It was Neville Longbottom

“I don’t know” she answered to him “I just wanted to look at the sky”

“Well come inside, it’s chilly out here” he said

“Just a minute then”

He waited silently behind her then suddenly she felt warmth on her shoulders and was surprised to see Neville’s jacket resting on them. She wrapped the jacket around herself and leaned into his comforting shoulder.

“He’s out there somewhere” she said hazily

“Yeah, I think he is too”

“Are we going to make it?”

“I don’t know Gin, I hope so”

“I hope so too”

“I guess I’ll just…”

“Hold me?” Ginny asked

“Ok”

They watched the skies together

 

8/29

5:00pm Adendele Castle Entrance

 

“M’lord Phoenix” Ru addressed “Your Pegasus is harnessed and ready, so is Lord Potters… you will be leading the mage division that will be taking the front, behind you will the rest of the army amounting to six legions or roughly two hundred thousand troops. Rider divisions have been ordered to the front, Mr. Weasley requested one of the aerial units be placed as your guard.”

“Where is Ron?” Harry asked

“He is will the other generals preparing to leave.”

“When do we depart?”

“Almost immediately”

“Ok, how are we getting there?” Draco asked

“Lord Zasuan has order that the southern gate be opened, all you must do is cross it and you will be in the dark woods outside Hogwarts School.” Ru said

Just then a large crowd of people entered the entrance hall, the survivors from the ministry along with Ron and Hermione and the generals, Orion, Twfen, and Solstice also entered followed by Lord Zasuan and Lady Talenna.

“Are you prepared Draco?” Lord Zasuan asked

“Yes father” Draco replied

“Good, then go and may the light of the great tree bless your safe return, await for my coming on midnight tomorrow night.

Two stablemen approached with their Pegasus’s fully equipped in Adendele’s finest battle armor

“Wow” Harry gaped

They both mounted and with one last glance to the crowd behind them, most of whom were on horses they trotted off through the entryway they were passing through a long passageway when both Pegasus’s jumped to a gallop and then burst through the doors. Harry was blinded by a great light for a moment and then realized it was the setting sun and he was high above the city, below them were thousands of elves, around them bout thirty dragon riders followed and they flew southward into the unknown.

           

© 1997-2022 J.K. Rowling, Bloomsbury Publishing, Scholastic Press; All Rights Reserved; cailenauthor 2011
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..