Jump to content
    Cailen
  • Author
  • 2,152 Words
  • 2,266 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>

The Elven Chronicles of Draco Malfoy - 5. Chapter 5: Wake

Draco opened his eyes to find himself back in his chambers. His whole body ached but he was able to sit up and look around.

“I’m glad you’re finally awake”

Orion, Solstice, and Twfen were all sitting on either side of him. Orion was gently holding his arm. Solstice was sleeping of Twfen’s shoulder, Twfen was reading a book and set it down gently and smiled at Draco

“We were beginning to get as little worried.” Twfen said nudging Solstice a little so he would wake.

“You have become quite the talk of the town, everyone has been dying to get a glimpse of their new Prince.” Orion said fondly “the rumors sadly don’t even compare to the actuality of everything that you have done.”

“Orion I…” Draco began, but was silenced by Orion with a hand over his mouth.

“Oliver is my mate” Orion explained “not many people know this, but in saving him, you have saved my own life as well, you saved my happiness, it was a great thing you have done. You will one day be a great king, your people already adore you, for such the wonderful person that you are, I am honored to serve you.”

“I don’t know what to say” Draco said tiredly “had you known me before I came here; you would not be saying the same things.”

“Tell me Draco, is what you did so wrong that you cannot forgive yourself?”

“Orion believe me when I tell you, there is only one person that can forgive me now.”

The sat in silence for a moment, then Draco made to get out of the bed

“My Lord you need rest” Solstice jumped up to stop him

“I have rested enough, how long have I been asleep?” Draco asked putting his feet onto the floor

“A half a day, my lord” Twfen said yawning

“Any news from my father?”

“Still locked in his study” Orion said “hasn’t been seen since the explosion”

“Take me to him.”

With a little help getting dressed and a short walk to a mirror they arrived outside his father’s study. The guards were surprised to see Draco but let him through; Draco swung open the doors and marched into the study.

The office was regal in every sense and in front of him was a mammoth desk that looked like a tree trunk. As he approached the desk he noticed several similarly marked envelopes and a separate scroll. He watched the chair turn around to see a very tired and sad looking king. Lord Zasuan looked up from his papers with a tear in his eyes.

“You were right son. They did attack and a lot sooner then I anticipated.”

“Father you must do something, the dark lord thrives on fear, we have to act before the people panic”

“These letters…” Lord Zasuan pointed to the letters in front of him “are directed to the Lord of each of the Seven Cities that make up this realm. The scroll is a declaration of War against Slythersend.”

“I don’t think you should declare war on Slythersend until their guilt is established, yes I saw Dark elves there, but just because a couple dark elves were there doesn’t mean the whole race is behind it… does it?”

“Perhaps, but these other letters will be sent to the lords for an emergency council, they will be sent”

“Very well, but what about the people?”

“They will be told the truth, I was planning a special party for you as a ‘coming out’ meet and greet the people party so the people could get to know you, sadly I will have to arrange it to tell them then.”

“When is the party to be?”

“Tonight”

Draco nodded and took his leave, exiting the chambers and taking the mirror back to his rooms.

Draco sent Twfen and Solstice home and talked to Orion for most of the afternoon. The two of them were becoming close friends. Draco discovered that Orion was over a thousand years old and was mated to another male. He told Draco that male/ male elven pairings were extremely rare, and that it was supposedly possible for one to get pregnant but he had been trying for many years and had not once conceived a child.

As it was nearing suppertime there was a knock on his chamber doors.

“I’ll go see who it is.” Orion said

Orion walked to the doors and bowed as Queen Talenna entered

“Mother, is there anything wrong?” concern striking across his face.

“No, I just wanted to see you, and to thank you.”

“That me for what?” Draco said “have I done something?”

“Berry Wood was my art teacher when I was a small girl; he had not yet become so renowned. He became one of my best friends and advisors and is one of our most trusted friends. He was also one of our most decorated war generals and won every single battle he ever fought, he’s a legend in his own right, and you saved his whole family, you’re a hero.”

“I wish people would stop making it such a big deal.” Draco said “I didn’t really do anything, Merlin I’m becoming such a Gryffindor.”

“That’s not such a bad thing is it… being brave and true?” she asked “Well besides that I came here to give you this.” Talenna handed Draco a box. Draco opened it to reveal a beautiful Blue robe. “That is for the party tonight. I had a talk with your father and we decided to throw the party anyways to boost moral.”

“That’s a good idea” Draco said handing to box to Orion who put it on his bed

“Don’t you think Oliver might get jealous if he sees you here with Draco every waking hour?” Talenna asked

“It’s my job, Lord Draco is… he is a good friend” Orion finished causing Draco to beam at him

“Good, well I must be going” Lady Talenna excused herself from the room

             

OoOoO

 

All of Adendele had gathered around the center fountain to meet their new king, thousands of elves filled the streets just to see the procession that would surely come from the castle. Excited whispers could be heard about their amazing new prince who had thwarted their best fencing master, and saved the lives of the entire Wood family; this caused the wood family a bit of publicity as many people greeted them outside their home that overlooked the town square.

“Is it true the prince really saved all your lives?” one elf asked amongst the throngs of people in the street.

“Yes it is” Mr. Wood said proudly

“Did he save your young apprentice there too?”

“Yes he did.” Draco said with a smile.

Draco had glamored his royal dressing gown to look like his apprentice robe and retook his place at Mr. Wood’s side for his own procession. Draco had convinced his father that this would make a good safety precaution, but Draco really just wanted to stay out of the light as long as possible. Draco laughed to himself.

“What’s so amusing James?” Berry asked

“I was just thinking” Draco said “my whole life I spent trying to get into the spotlight, now I am doing anything to avoid it. Why do you suppose that is?”

“Perhaps you were pretending to be something that you could never be?”

Draco inwardly smiled, he could never be more right.

Suddenly the sound of trumpets filled the air with an ethereal fanfare as the horses of the king and queen and imperial guard could be seen. They made their way to a podium that had been erected over the fountain and dismounted as they got there.

“Here goes nothing” Draco whispered into Berry’s ear

“How do those humans say...? Knock them dead?” Berry said

“I wouldn’t know” Draco replied

Silence broke over the crowd

“Greetings Adendelians, tonight we have gathered for the formal introduction of my son into the royal family. Many years ago he was taken from us but a week ago he came into his magical inheritance and we were able to find him. Life has been restored to this land and we have begun to flourish once more.” The king paused and took a more somber tone “Sadly in this time of rejoicing we have recently lost a number of our brethren in a recent surprise attack. This attack will not go un-avenged. We are still investigating what exactly happened and who exactly the culprits are before we go making any rash actions.” The king paused and looked towards his wife

The queen started “My son has gown into an inspiring young man who cares about his people and has tried to see you as his family and not his servants. He has tried to live as you, as one of you so he can know you, for this past week he has been incognito working alongside you. He is honorable and it fills me with joy as we honor him tonight for saving the lives of many people at the risk of his own and to present him with his crown which we have added the silver cross to signify bravery. Son, could you come up here please.”

The crowd looked around frantically for a moment searching for their prince.

“Here goes nothing” Draco said to Berry

“Good luck” he replied

Draco took a few steps towards the podium having to tap a few people on the shoulders to get them to step out of the way. But it didn’t take long as the rest of the crowd got the hint and parted for him. A path opened up in the throngs of people and with a slight pulse of magic Draco removed his glamours.

He was wearing the most elegant of blue robes. It exposed most of his chest and a lot of his lower abdomen but had elegant swirls of material laced in gold and it seemed to radiate with magic as he stepped onto the podium and took his place alongside his parents.

“We love you Draco” Talenna whispered into his ear as his father put an elegant crown on his head.

“I love you too” he whispered back

Draco then turned to face the throngs of people before him and as if the engine of an airplane was revving the volume hit him, as everyone in Adendele was cheering. Draco waved to them which made them cheer louder. He smiled to them and waved as music started and the throngs of people began to dance.

‘I’m home’ he thought

 

OoOoO

 

“Father I really must protest, you need to send a messenger to Slythersend before you declare war on them, we need to establish if it were really them, it has been a week and they have not amassed any forces, they may not even know that we were attacked at all.” Draco said

“What else would you have me do; the Lords from the other cities will be arriving in four days. They will surely vote to go to war, and without evidence there is nothing I can do.”

“Send me”

“What?”

“Send me to Slythersend, I will speak to them”

“I cannot allow that.”

“Why not?” Draco asked

“Because my son, we have up until a few weeks before you arrived been at war with them for almost a thousand years, it is like the Christians and Muslims, like dark and light magic… this battle has been nearly eternal. I can’t risk losing you”

“Well you either allow me to go with my guard, or I will most likely sneak out and attempt it without one.”

“You’re going to leave me no other choice?” Lord Zasuan asked

“No”

“If you have your foolish heart set on going I will at least send you properly armed, I will send you and your guard on my finest pegasus. If there is any danger the Pegasus can out fly anything in the air?”

“Thank you” Draco said

“You know just by going there you might establish their guilt?” Zasuan asked

“I know how the Dark Lord works… I have a feeling”

“Well let’s hope your feeling is correct eh?” Lord Zasuan “we elves have an expression “‘las le dah’… it means ‘time will tell’” said dismissing him out of his study.

© 1997-2022 J.K. Rowling, Bloomsbury Publishing, Scholastic Press; All Rights Reserved; cailenauthor 2011
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

It didn't take long for Voldemort to strike the elves.  I hope that Draco finds something to prove the innocence of Slythersend.  The celebration and recognition of Prince Draco went well.  I did have to laugh about the comment I made before about Oliver and Draco.  I didn't imagine that Oliver was already taken by Orion.  

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..