Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompt Rides - 10. Family Curse

p style="text-align:center;">Prompt 402

Word List
a four leaf clover, a gold coin, a broken arm, a red headed woman, and an order of fish sticks.

“Ma, there’s no such thing as a curse on our family. It was an accident.”

“An accident, Hitch? Last month your brother goes out for Chinese food, gets hit by a bus, and ends up in the hospital. He still has casts on both legs. Today―”

“You’re right, that wasn’t an accident. It was stupidity. Only Mitch would chase after a slip of paper, through moving traffic[1]. How’s he doing?”

“Better. Happy he can use his hands again. Keeps going on about how he can now use his iPad to read ‘Summer[2] without help. A story you have him addicted to?”

“Yeah! A great serial novel on the Gay Authors website. It’s about a kid from Miami, who moves to Washington, and ends up living with his two dads. I’m glad I can use at least one of my hands, the author posted two chapters this weekend and I’ve not read them yet.”

“That’s nice, sweetie. Getting back to our conversation, would you be a dear and explain to me how today was an accident and not due to a family curse? You supposedly went out to buy an order of fish sticks, and ended in the hospital with a broken arm?”

“It’s really kinda silly. On my way to get food, I stopped at a pawn shop down the street from the restaurant. I was looking for a 2015 American Eagle gold coin, as a present for my new nephew, but they didn’t have any. As I’m leaving, this beautiful red headed woman was walking in. I stopped to stare at her chest―no, Ma, not at her boobs. She was wearing a beautiful pendent and that’s what I was staring at. A four leaf clover, of gold and emeralds.”

“Is this story going anywhere, Hitch?

“Maaah… Anyway, I’m staring at her pendant, not watching where I’m going, and I missed the step-down to the sidewalk. I fell, and broke my arm, using it to cushion the fall.”

“What was it you were saying about stupidity?”



[1] Story may be found here Fortune Cookie

[2] Story may be found here Summer

span style="font-size:1em;line-height:1.3em;">The  :devil:  made me do it!
© Copyright 2015 Carlos Hazday; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to the discussion thread for CJ’s series. All things CJ are fair game, I simply ask you be respectful of others. I will actively participate in the discussion. Ask questions, speculate about what’s coming, or bitch about what happened. We’re now open for business!    
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 03/23/2015 10:45 PM, Kitt said:
LMAO Is that whole family populated by nutty klutzes?
When I saw broken arm on the word list I knew what I wanted and just needed to fit the other words in. And since Mann accused me of shameless self promotion with Fortune Cookie, I thought it appropriate to keep it all in the family :D

 

I think that's it for Mitch and Hitch for now. Ten short, irreverent prompt responses is good but I'm ready to try something different next time :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/25/2015 08:00 AM, Robert Rex said:
Funny, funny! The Summer promo was priceless, too!

Good job!

LOL

 

Hope you got a chuckle out of that one. Mitch and Hitch seem to be accident prone. I'm sure I'll bring them back one of these days.

 

Thanks for the review, bud!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..