Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 916 Words
  • 1,693 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Grandfather II - 1. Chapter 1

“Hey Chaz, who are you waiting for?”

“Billy” running to grip him a hug, “Where’s your boat?”

“It’s moored at the pier on the East side of your island.”

“How long are you going to be here?”

“Not sure, I ordered some provisions at the Big Island, so I have to wait till they arrive. How’s your dad?”

“He’s fine, grouchy as usual, but the staff love hm. Are you going to stay here or on your boat?”

“I was planning on staying on the boat, but if we’re going to party late, then I should stay here. How’s your occupancy?”

“We have been running seventy percent in the off season and ninety-five percent in the season. In fact, we’re expecting some guest later this evening that’ll put us at a hundred percent.”

“Well, in that case I’ll stay on my boat even if we party late.”

“How about some lunch?”

“Great, Chaz, who’s that kid with that woman? I thought your pool boys all had uniforms.”

“They do, that’s Akela, he lives somewhere on the island. He’s harmless but the pool boys don’t like him because the guests like him.”

“Hey Chaz”

“I guess you’re about to meet him. Akela, are you bothering our guests again?”

“No, I was on my way to see you. I have some fruit to sell, she saw me and waved me over.”

“Where’s the fruit?”

“Wait”

I watched as he disappeared into the foliage. “Is he gone?”

“No, if he said he has fruit for us, he does. He can be a pest but he has never lied to us. There, he has a basket of fruit. Thanks Akela, take them to the kitchen. Tell the cook to give you a voucher for the fruit.”

“Are you going to ask him to have lunch with us?”

“Would you like that?

“Yes, he’s an interesting kid.”

“Maybe after lunch he can give you a tour.”

“Are you trying to get rid of me or him? Although, the idea sounds interesting”

“Billy, are you married or seeing anyone?”

“No, it’s just me and my boat. I never had time, Dad was always on my case. If I brought home a 'B' I’d get a lecture. How about yourself?”

“I’m not married but I’m dating.”

“An island girl?”

“That’s a yes and no answer. Her father ran away from corporate America and came here. He has a house on the island. His daughter went to Yale, when her father got ill, she came home. She heads up our accounting department.”

“Then you and her must come to dinner aboard the boat, if my supplies come.”

Lunch was a refreshing salad with fruit. I laughed at Akela’s lunch. It was the largest hamburger I ever saw with french fries. Chaz saw me looking and laughed. “Akela, how would like to give Billy a tour of the Island?”

“In your jeep?”

“Yes, in my Jeep” Akela had a big smile, I got the impression he didn’t get to use the jeep that often.

Lunch over, Chaz excused himself to go and arrange for the jeep. Akela left at the same time but went in the opposite direction. When Chaz returned, “Where’s Akela?”

“He went in that direction. Here he comes, it looks like he has bottles of water.”

“Why don’t you join us for dinner tonight? You’ll have a chance to meet Amanda.”

“You’re on, looks like my tour guide is ready to go. I’ll see you when I get back.”

With Akela as the driver, it was obvious he knew his way around the Island, he had a thousand questions about me and how I knew Chaz. He was a very inquisitive young man.

We drove about a mile from the Resort when I began to noticed the lush growth along the drive. It was very impressive. We had gone about one and a half miles when Akela stopped, “I’ll be right back.”

He disappears into the lush foliage. I waited about twenty minutes when I saw him coming out of the growth with six large fruits in his t-shirt. He washed the fruit with our drinking water, “Eat this. There are seeds but they are very small.” I took a bite, the fruit was sweet and very delicious.

“Akela, if you can get more of these I’ll pay you.” The fruit was delicious. Akela smiled as I ate my second fruit.

At the two mile mark, I saw a house nestled in a hollow between two hills. At the entrance to the driveway was a post with a plate of food on the top of the post. Akela was laughing. “That’s where Mr. Thorne lives. He puts food here to feed the animals and birds. There he is with a gun on his porch.”

“Hey, you guys get away from that food.”

“We don’t want your food Mr. Thorne.”

“You get away before I shoot you.”

“Dad, what’s going on?”

“Those two are getting at my food.”

“Akela, who is the girl?”

“That’s his daughter, Amanda, Chaz’s girl friend.”

“Maybe we better leave. I don’t want him shooting at us.”

Akela smiled as we drove away. “This is as far as we can go, the road ends here.”

“Okay, let’s go back. What time does the plane arrive from the Big Island?”

“About four”

“It’s close to that now, let’s head back. I want to be there when the plane lands.”

   

 

    

 

     

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
  • Love 3
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Interesting island . A local kid a fixture at the hotel.Another guy guarding his house with an visible weapon.what a start of a story.BTW I didn't get a notification about the story maybe there's a SNAFU with GA

Edited by weinerdog
  • Like 1
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Interesting start to the story.

I hope you like it as well as Peter Charles 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Gomez Stanley C said:

Looking forward to reading more of this story. Thanks.

Your welcome. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Interesting island . A local kid a fixture at the hotel.Another guy guarding his house with an visible weapon.what a start of a story.BTW I didn't get a notification about the story maybe there's a SNAFU with GA

I'll look into it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Okaaay:

Thinking about investing in a "Way Back Machine".

First, although Chapter 57 of Peter-Charles says "The End", the story is listed as 'In Process' and not 'Complete' (says he with baited breath). Still a good chapter, wrapping things up, and bringing us forward to?

New book titled Grandfather II,  which had me look for a book called Grandfather I, until I realized it's the boats name.  Boat's in the (south) Pacific where Scuffy & Peter-Charles hailed from. 

Boat owner/capt in Chaz (shirt for Charles. Hmmm? Plot thickens?

Please Sir, can I have some more? 

;-)

 

Edited by Anton_Cloche
  • Like 2
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Okaaay:

Thinking about investing in a "Way Back Machine".

First, although Chapter 57 of Peter-Charles says "The End", the story is listed as 'In Process' and not 'Complete' (says he with baited breath). Still a good chapter, wrapping things up, and bringing us forward to?

New book titled Grandfather II,  which had me look for a book called Grandfather I, until I realized it's the boats name.  Boat's in the (south) Pacific where Scuffy & Peter-Charles hailed from. 

Boat owner/capt in Chaz (shirt for Charles. Hmmm? Plot thickens?

Please Sir, can I have some more? 

😉

 

Tres bien.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..