Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,556 Words
  • 1,874 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Grandfather II - 2. Chapter 2

We were about a half mile out from the Resort when Akela pointed to the sky, “There’s the plane.”

We arrived at the dock as the plane was taxing to the dock. Chaz was there with several golf carts manned by the pool boys.

I watched as the planed docked. The pilot opened the passenger door, the guests started to deplane. Chaz was there to welcome them to the Resort. The golf carts took the guests to the Resort, luggage followed in a cart built specifically for luggage.

I waited until all of the passengers had deplaned with their luggage. “I think you have some cargo for me?”

“Are you William Smithton?”

“Yes, I believe you have two cases of wine for me.”

“Yes, this must be a very special wine. The guy at the wine shop said if I broke any I’d have to pay for it.”

“I’m glad you didn’t break any, you would have had to pay seven hundred and fifty dollars per bottle, wholesale.”

“You’re kidding, I’ve never tasted a wine that costs that much”

“Here have a bottle, but if I was you, I’d save it for a very special occasion.”

“Thank you Mr. Smithton.”

“ Billy, do you want help getting these cases of wine to your boat?”

“No, but I could use the jeep.” I no sooner said that when Akela took the cases to the jeep.

“Be careful with those or I’ll sell you to a sheik as a sex slave.”

“Chaz, you shouldn’t have said that, he may just break a bottle.” We laughed, “I’ll see you at seven”

Akela drove the jeep toward the East end of the island. As we rounded the point, the Grandfather II came into view. Akela stopped the jeep. “What’s the matter?”

“Is that your boat?”

“Yes, do you like it?” He just sat there, “Are you okay?”

“That’s your boat?”

“Yes, and unless we’re going to sit here till seven, we should get going so I can unload the wine.”

He looked at me and smiled, then drove to the boat. As we approached the boat, Moe was looking over the railing watching us. He came down the gangway and took the full case of wine. I went to get the partial case but Akela already had it. I smiled to myself as I followed him up the gangway. Moe had taken the full case to my cabin. “Moe, please put this partial case in the wine cooler.”

I watched Akela, his eyes were all over. “Would you like a tour?” Need I wait for an answer? No, he started to walk around the deck. “That up there is the bridge, the boat is steered from there. Behind the bridge there are two cabins, one for the captain and one for Moe, my first mate. This is the salon where we eat and relax. Below are the cabins, my office, the galley and storage. Come and I’ll show you.”

He followed me down the stairs. “Ahead is my quarters, along the left side are the guest quarters” Opening the door to Cabin 1, I let him look into it, I watched as he opened each door, the closet and the bathroom. Smiling he sat on the bed,

“Comfortable?”

“Yes”

“There are 5 cabins like this along this side. This is my office, along the right side is the galley, dry and cold storage areas and the laundry.

He looked at his sarong, “Can I wash this?”

“Sure, but you might want to take a shower first.”

He removed his sarong, he was butt naked. I started the wash machine for him. He went to Cabin 1. I heard the shower. About thirty minutes later he came out smiling.

“Why don’t you sit here, I’ll fix your hair.”

He had long black hair, it reached the top of his butt. I went and got my scissors, a comb and a rubber band. I trimmed his hair, I wove it into a pig tail. By now his sarong was dry, he put it on. I couldn’t help noticing his strong body. He wasn’t like a person who worked out to build muscles but he was defined as you would expect a nature boy to be. “How old are you?”

“I’m twenty-two.” He looked like he was sixteen.

“I need to prepare dinner for the Captain and Moe.” He followed me to the galley. I began to prepare a roast for the oven. “Would you like something to drink?” He nodded yes, I filled a glass with orange juice and handed it to him. He sipped it slowly and smiled. I placed the roast in the oven and set the timer. “While that’s cooking, I’m going to take a shower and get dressed. You can go up on deck and wait for me.”

Did he do that? No, he followed me to my cabin, with his glass of orange juice. I wasn’t sure what to do, I needed a shower. Oh hell, I thought as I stripped and headed to my shower. I didn’t have to look and see if his eyes were following me .

When I finished showering. Akela was laying on the bed watching me. I put my shorts on under the towel, then threw the towel at him. He laughed, I finished dressing.

Dressed we went up on the deck. “Moe, there’s a roast in the oven, it should be done at 6:30. If I am still here, I’ll get the roast out for you, if I am gone, you can get it.” As it turned out by time I finished the laundry it was six-fifteen. We waited an extra fifteen minutes, I took the roast out, put it in the dumbwaiter and sent it to the salon. Moe had the table set, I guess he was hungry. I took four bottles of wine, Akela and I set off for the Resort.

Arriving we were met by Chaz and Amanda, “These are for you”

“Thanks Billy, I’ll give these to Alberto to serve us tonight.” Amanda led us to our table.

As we sat down, I heard “Sir, do you know that this is a very rare wine. The person who gave you this wine must be a very close friend.”

Chaz came to the table with the sommelier, “Billy, I promised Alberto I’d introduce the man who brought me the wine to him.”

“Sir, this is a rare wine. There is only one place you can buy it.”

“Yes, at Rafael Bastiano’s winery”

“You know Signore Bastiano?”

“Yes, I met him several years ago. I now buy his total production every year.”

“Sir, you’ll truly enjoy this wine.”

“Alberto, as sommelier, you must taste it before serving it.”

The smile on Alberto’s face and the face he made after tasting the wine had Amanda laughing. Alberto poured wine for all of us. “Akela, sip the wine slowly.”

“Billy, Dad is going to join us for dinner.”

“Fine, I would love to see your dad, it has been a long time.”

“Here he comes, Alberto, bring a glass for Dad.”

“Billy, nice to see you again. Is that your date?”

“Charles, you’re always kidding. You should thank me, I’m going to take this young lady with me when I leave.”

“Billy, I’m not a woman.”

“I'm teasing you. Actually you're a very handsome young man.”

Amanda looked at Akela and mentioned the lei he was wearing. “I saw the lei’s when we arrived at the door. I bought one for him, I think it looks nice.”

The woman at the next table must have over heard us, “Akela, you are a beautiful young man.” Akela took off the lei and placed it around her neck. She gave him a kiss on his cheek.

“Alberto, where did this wine come from? Is it in our cellars?”

“No sir, Mr. Billy brought the wine.”

“How many bottles do you have unopened?”

“Two, sir”

“Good take one to my office and put it in my wine cabinet.”

“Dad, they are my gifts!”

“Surely you can share with your dad.” I smiled as Charles took his glass and took a healthy drink. I knew Chaz wouldn’t have any wine left.

“Akela, would you rather have a glass of juice?”

“Yes, Billy, but what do I do with the wine?”

The lady who was wearing Akela’s lei, “Akela, may I have a taste of the wine?”

He passed her the glass, she took a sip, “You all have to taste this.” She passed the glass around her table.“Excuse me, where can we buy this wine?”

“Billy’s Cellars in New York carry this wine.”

“Billy, is that your business?”

“Yes, I carry wines from all over the world. In fact one of the reasons I’m here is to head to Chile, it is rumored that they have an excellent red.”

“What do you charge for a bottle of this wine?”

“A bottle of this at my Cellar will cost you fifteen hundred dollars.”

“How many bottles do you sell at that price?”

“I purchase the complete production of this wine from the vineyard. It’ll vary from four hundred to six hundred cases per bottling. I have open orders for three hundred cases and the rest I sell at fifteen hundred dollars per bottle.”

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
  • Love 6
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

9 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Great start to the story. Is Akela joining Billy on his travels.

It seems so, at least in Akela's mind.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Expensive taste in wine. My palate is not so refined so I never pay more than forty bucks for a bottle.

Edited by Daddydavek
  • Like 4
Link to comment

The way you described Akela I had a certain person in mind.There was an young actor from the 40's and 50's named Sabu and any movie that had a jungle or an island as a backdrop good chance he was in it .If I'm not mistaken he was the first Mowgli from the movie The Jungle Book.Am I close?Is that who you had in mind for that character?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Great start to the story. Is Akela joining Billy on his travels.

According Akela he is. Not sure if Billy is aware of that 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
35 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

The way you described Akela I had a certain person in mind.There was an young actor from the 40's and 50's named Sabu and any movie that had a jungle or an island as a backdrop good chance he was in it .If I'm not mistaken he was the first Mowgli from the movie The Jungle Book.Am I close?Is that who you had in mind for that character?

I also remember that young man. I enjoyed those movies , maybe subconsciously 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Gomez Stanley C said:

Another great story. Thanks.

 

Your welcome I appreciate your support 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Daddydavek said:

Expensive taste in wine. My palate is not so refined so I never pay more than forty bucks for bottle.

I once sold a bottle of champagne for 1000 dollars. I thought I'd never sell it, but I guess there is a buyer for everything 

 

  • Wow 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..