Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 994 Words
  • 1,529 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Grandfather II - 7. Chapter 7

“Akela, we have thirty minutes before the passport office opens. Can you take Malo to the boat so he can shower?”

“No need for that Billy. I can show you a place where he can bathe.” I guess on the island not every one has hot water.

“Kana you and Liko go and wait for us at the passport office. We’ll join you as soon as Malo is bathed.”

“Akela, take Malo to the bath be sure to wash his hair.” I went back to the clothing store, I bought clothes for Malo, guessing at his size.

About fifteen minutes later, I saw Malo walking toward me, he had a big smile on his face. “Sit here for a minute,” I took out the comb and began to straightened out the knots putting his hair in the same style as the rest of the boys. Akela took him to a store window where he could see himself. He smiled and then hugged me. “Ok, let’s go and get those passports.” We needed another photo.

We sat down in the office waiting to be called. A woman walked by, she looked at us and smiled. I hadn’t noticed but Akela did. “Did you wave at her?”

“Yes, she gave me food several times.”

The woman heard and stopped, she looked backed at us. Then a smile, “Malo, is that you?”

“Yes, my lady, this is my father. We’re here for passports so we can go with him.” That was all said in the island language.

She came over and took our papers. The boys started to talk among each other. It was in their language. I’m either going to continue to ask for a translation or learn the language.

One hour later we had our passports. “Let’s go home.”

That sounded strange, but for me Grandfather II was my home. As we started to walk to the boat, I saw a police car pull up and stop. We stopped and watch. “Akela, go and get some ice cream.” Kana decided to go with him. Moe saw me at the end of the pier. I watched as he talked to the police and then walked toward me.

“What’s happening?”

“Those two guys from last night boarded the boat. Captain stopped them at the salon, asked them what they wanted. They said there was a run away on board and they were going to find him. Captain gave me a nod and I called the police. They are interviewing the two guys.”

“It’s a good thing we’re flying the American flag. We can bluff them about boarding a foreign vessel.”

“I don’t think you’ll have to do that. The police are grilling them. I didn’t know but there is an auction where you can buy a boy or girl. The police are trying to shut them down.”

The boys came back with ice cream. I gave one to Moe. “Kana, do you know where the slave auctions are?”

“I know the one where I was kept and sold.”

Now I was mad. “You three come with me. Moe you stay with Kana and don’t let anyone touch him.”

The three of us walked to my boat. Just as we were ready to go up the gangway, a police officer stopped us. Akela to the rescue, he explained who I was and who the boys were including himself.

“You are the owner of this boat?”

“Yes, I’m William Thornton, my friends call me Billy.”

“We were called because two men boarded your ship against the Captain’s approval. They said they were looking for a boy who stole money from them.”

“I think if you question them again, you’ll find that the boy was bought and worked their farm as a slave. They are part of the slave market.”

The look on the officers face changed to an evil smile. He went on board, we followed. “Captain, where are the two men?

“They are below with a policeman.”

“Shall we go officer?” His smile was my answer. We found them in my office going through my desk. As I walked in, one of them shoved something in his pocket.

“Officer this is a violation of international laws. I demand you search these men.”

The men’s face showed fear but only for a minute. “You can’t search us, we’re not in international waters.”

“You’re wrong, this boat has been moving and we’re about fifteen nautical miles from shore. Here are your options, you submit to a search or my men will throw you overboard.”

“You can’t do that.”

“I’m afraid we can, there is no jurisdiction in international waters.” Now their faces showed fear. They began to empty their pockets. “You’ll now disrobe.” Now their faces really showed fear. “Akela, you will thoroughly search their clothes as they disrobe.”

When they got to their underwear they stopped. “Gentlemen, when I say disrobe, that means everything.” When they did this, the police officer couldn’t believe what they had in their underwear. Money from my petty cash box, my passport, papers that Akela had and a few papers dealing with my investments.

The police officer looked at it all, of course some of it was theirs. Just then the other police officer came down, they conferred. The two were put under arrest for stealing. When Moe saw the police leaving, he and Kana walked back to the boat. Akela and Liko straighten up the office.

“Captain are we ready to sail?”

“When you like Billy”

“Let’s go” The boys and I went on deck to watch the islands disappear as we sailed away. The boys had tears in their eyes, leaving the only place they knew as home. But I knew the adventures that where ahead would more than displace the feeling they now have. “Boys, we aren’t gone from here forever, we’ll be back. Remember Chaz has a wedding coming up.” I got hugs but there were still tears.

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 20
  • Love 9
  • Angry 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great chapter. The boys got there passports with no problems. The problems occurred back at the boat when the two guys boarded the boat and tried to rob them, fortunately the police were there.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
2 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. The boys got there passports with no problems. The problems occurred back at the boat when the two guys boarded the boat and tried to rob them, fortunately the police were there.

And they now have information on the slave trade

  • Like 3
Link to comment
34 minutes ago, CLJobe said:

And they now have information on the slave trade

Ah yes, but what has proven to be the unfortunate case in virtually all of these situations, there are people 'higher up' involved in slave trade and other crimes, who will do anything to protect their 'property'.

Billy and his 'sons' haven't seen the end of this, nor the worst.

Very good development chapter.

Tony

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Interesting chapter, more information and more pawns that can fall and bring down the criminals

  • Like 2
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Ah yes, but what has proven to be the unfortunate case in virtually all of these situations, there are people 'higher up' involved in slave trade and other crimes, who will do anything to protect their 'property'.

Billy and his 'sons' haven't seen the end of this, nor the worst.

Very good development chapter.

Tony

It's a good thing they are leaving. It'll be a while before they are back.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, mikedup said:

Interesting chapter, more information and more pawns that can fall and bring down the criminals

Let's hope so, but usually when you take down one, two pop up.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
27 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

Human trafficking was one of the things I though about.What's wrong with people?

Good question. Greed and the idea of control has been for ages a cause. It will always be there in one form or another.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
8 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. The boys got there passports with no problems. The problems occurred back at the boat when the two guys boarded the boat and tried to rob them, fortunately the police were there.

They were but one must wonder why it took the second police officer to back up Billy.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I am enjoying this new story about Billy, his boat, and the boys he is taking under his wing. I look forward to the adventures they will have as they leave the island! Thanks. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, JeffreyL said:

I am enjoying this new story about Billy, his boat, and the boys he is taking under his wing. I look forward to the adventures they will have as they leave the island! Thanks. 

thanks for reading my story. I'm glad you are enjoying it. The boys are adjusting to being away from the Island.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..