Jump to content
    comicfan
  • Author
  • 1,014 Words
  • 1,208 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Inspired by - 13. The End of the Engagement

This is one of the prompts where you were asked to imagine a situation where everything goes wrong and you take the blame for destroying. Well welcome to the engagement party.

He had to keep pushing me and then wondered why it all went wrong. So he was getting married for the second time, big deal. Did he have to keep ragging on me.

"Don't worry, Rip, everyone will eventually find someone. Now just help me finish up so we can get to the party. I'm so going to be god damn late as it is."

Sure, he will be late. Me, I get to take the blame and keep another of his god damn secrets. Does he care how I feel? No, of course he doesn't. I am just the secret keeper for him. The stupid ass! There goes Cassie out the door, and he is just going to put on a clean shirt. What a bastard he is.

"Rip can you make sure she doesn't notice right away when I walk in, please."

How many times does this make now? I mean I can't seem to make plans without him expecting me to break them because he needs something. Hell, he has even shown up when I had a date and screwed everything up on me. Why am I friends with him? Why does he keep expecting me to hide all his mistakes?

"God, if only I had more time. Damn, but no one will notice. Come on Rip, put a smile on your face."

If Marcus had only left me alone I might not have done it, but that wasn't his style. Stopping by every five minutes to ask why I didn't dance with that girl, or talk with that person, or act the part of the happy best man, Marcus showed what an ungrateful bastard he was. Maybe what he should have done was keep me from trying to get drunk especially with as angry as I was at him. With each remark during his party I found myself going to get more and more drinks while my blood boiled,

"Marcus, do me a favor for a change? Shut up and leave me alone," I finally told him after his seven time telling me I should smile more, flirt with the girls more, and tell everyone how I was late to pick him up.

"Don't say that man. You know you really should listen to me more. I mean you barely date."

I'd like to blame it on the alcohol but the truth was I was just pissed off at being Marcus' whipping boy. Tired of listening to his crap, keeping his secrets, and having him act like he was GOD! I will take the blame for what happened, because I was pissed off at him and tired of keeping silent to make him happy.

"Rip, you really shouldn't drink any more either. You know how it makes you."

"Marcus, you aren't my fucking father. Shut the hell up."

"Is something wrong, Rip?" questioned Susan, the bride to be and ignorant beauty.

"Yes, there is something wrong. Right, Marcus!"

Okay, if you are going to end a relationship that has lasted since you were seven there are better ways and reasons to do it. But at that moment I was so tired of Marcus acting like he knew everything and I wasn't simply going to listen to him anymore. I didn't care anymore, and I was willing to take whatever punishment came later.

"Rip," began Marcus looking scared for the first time that I could remember. "Please, Rip, don't."

"What could be wrong, Susan? Just me and Rip talking it out as always."

"That is right, Rip. Marcus told me how much you depend on him for everything. He said you can't really do anything without him. I don't think I've ever heard of such a close relationship. Trust me, if I didn't know better I'd swear he was sleeping with you." Susan began to giggle at her little joke.

The whole thing just pissed me off completely. I couldn't do anything without Marcus? I needed him? They were assholes and deserved each other.

"Sorry, Susan, you got it wrong. He doesn't sleep with me. I keep the fact that he is screwing his ex girlfriend and give him the cover from you. In fact we were so late getting to your engagement party because she was blowing Marcus and he hasn't even had the time to wash her lipstick off his dick. Sorry to upset you both," I said snidely and grabbed my drink to walk off.

I didn't stand close enough to hear the confrontation but you could see them arguing from anywhere in the party. The room grew hushed as she got up close still yelling at him asking him if what I said was true. Granted I was an ass but this is what happens when you keep picking on the man you force to keep your secrets. Eventually he lets them out, however not as badly as Susan found out Marcus' secret. She got in close and tugged his pants down and out flopped his johnson. Marcus never did like to wear underwear and Susan got to see the deep red lipstick that wasn't her shade on a place no other woman's lips should have been.

I take the full blame for the cancellation of the wedding and Marcus's inability to find a woman to date for a year. Every woman he went near seemed to find out about his past from one of the many people who witnessed his outing as a cheater at the party. Susan threatened to shove the ring where the sun would never shine but decided to keep it as the cost of her embarrassment for dating such a loser. Funny thing is neither Marcus or Susan really wanted to ever talk to me again. However, I must say, I felt a hundred times better no longer having to listen to Marcus tell me all the things I do wrong while having to keep his dirty little secrets.

Well do you think it was destructive enough? Did the narrator take credit for all he did wrong? What do you think? Comments are welcomed.
Copyright © 2011 comicfan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

LOL. I think the narrator should have gloated a little bit more about being responsible really. I mean... he did that payback, that glorious payback, to 2 horrible people! They deserved that and more.

Link to comment
On 08/18/2011 02:57 AM, Cia said:
LOL. I think the narrator should have gloated a little bit more about being responsible really. I mean... he did that payback, that glorious payback, to 2 horrible people! They deserved that and more.
LOL. Well I figured this was one story to fit the bill of taking the blame. Hate to admit it has a foothold in reality. I shouldn't be allowed to drink if I know your secrets and you are pissing me off.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..