Jump to content
    comicfan
  • Author
  • 247 Words
  • 650 Views
  • 12 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Murmers at the Dusk of Day - 2. Life's Path

The second poem takes you from birth to death as you walk the path of your life, listening to the world around you.

Life’s Path

Darkness first and then the light

A warm spring breeze whispers hello

The green young grass beneath my feet

With daffodils, snow drops, and crocus all around

Through a world new and exciting I totter all about

The birds build nests, while everything seems so bright

Oh so very bright

 

The blistering summer sun shines bright over head

And the air is thick and hot

The dirt fields of a baseball game calls to me

While the roses, thick, sweet, and open draw all my senses

I choose my path now, aware of what I might be missing

The animals suffer, while the heat continues to rise

A sweltering heat

 

The heat gives way to Autumnal beauty

With leaves or red, gold, brown, and orange.

I find myself remembering those gone now and those far away

The mums poke their bright purple, yellow, and red heads up for one last burst

The path is worn and leaves crunch under foot

Squirrels are busy gathering nuts, while a chill fills the air

A cold bitter chill

 

The chill turns frosty as winter wanders in

Frozen flakes of crystalline perfection fall in snowy piles

My time is lost as the snow covers all that once was under a glistening blanket

The world reduced to black and white, with shades of gray

I walk carefully now over the midnight of frozen ground

The animals are hidden, my time grows short

A whispered goodbye

So from the darkness of the womb to the gentle passing from this world, so is the life you lead. Comments are always welcomed. If you enjoyed the poem please feel free to click that like button.
Copyright © 2013 comicfan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This so easily could have been a year too, loved all the flower references, mums are my birthday flower :) Lovely poem Unc :hug:

Link to comment
On 04/20/2013 01:12 AM, Mark92 said:
This so easily could have been a year too, loved all the flower references, mums are my birthday flower :) Lovely poem Unc :hug:
Well I played a bit with the idea life and the seasons. I tried to pick the first or the most abundant flower of that time of the year. Winter really doesn't have a flower, and my birth flower is listed as holly. I'm glad it made sense.
Link to comment

Made me malancholy for some reason. Means your poetry reaches out and touches the reader Wayne. Thank you!!!

Link to comment
On 04/20/2013 04:28 AM, carringtonrj said:
lots of great details. I think the whole poem is all about the last line, a beautiful ending. lovely work.
I took the long view when I worked this one. It was an interesting topic so I didn't mind seeing all the ways I could twist it and use the idea.
Link to comment
On 04/20/2013 03:20 AM, joann414 said:
Made me malancholy for some reason. Means your poetry reaches out and touches the reader Wayne. Thank you!!!
Thanks Jo Ann. Yeah for some reason most of my poetry is usually pretty solemn. Glad it got a response.
Link to comment

Sic Transit Gloria-

 

Life is fleeting, but the beauty of its journey lives on.

Link to comment

You really wove life and the seasons together, a passage of time, long and short, can been seen in the words that you chose. Thank you for sharing this, it was quite lovely.

Link to comment
On 04/20/2013 07:25 AM, W_L said:
Sic Transit Gloria-

 

Life is fleeting, but the beauty of its journey lives on.

I've always loved those who captured life simply and put it out for all to consider. This was my poor attempt at it.
Link to comment
On 04/20/2013 08:04 AM, layla said:
You really wove life and the seasons together, a passage of time, long and short, can been seen in the words that you chose. Thank you for sharing this, it was quite lovely.
Thank you again. Life is what you make it and sometimes you have realize it is a journey and not a destination.
Link to comment
On 04/21/2013 03:19 AM, K.C. said:
Wow, sad yet very eligant. The passing of life through the seasons. Lovely! :)
This one I really worked at to find the right words, flowers, and images. I'm proud of how it turned out and how it was received.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..