Jump to content
    comicfan
  • Author
  • 585 Words
  • 1,005 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompt me not, for these are my prompts - 5. Alicia's Halloween Party - Prompt 271

span style="font-size:1em;line-height:1.3em;">This story is done in response to prompt 271 - Use the following words in a story – pumpkin, black cat, creaking step, a skeleton, and a wand.

Tim was just about finished carving the last of the pumpkins for the party that evening. He wanted to do something different than just the regular old jack-a-lanterns. He had taken the time to draw ten very different pictures and then carved the pumpkins nearly paper thin to make them really stand out. There were nine pumpkins in a row just waiting for him to finish his version of Snoopy on the doghouse with Woodstock dressed as Frankenstein.

 

“Daddy, where are you?”

Tim turned to see Alicia clutching her stuffed black cat and waving her wand around. She was running around in a purple shirt and neon green pants. Tim had remembered how she had crossed her arms and refused to wear anything else this morning. Tim watched as she looked over at the line of pumpkins he had lined up on the counter.

“I’m still at the table, sweetheart.”

Alicia giggled and rushed over to the completed pumpkins and began to walk down the line looking at each one.

“You got SpongeBob, but where’s Patrick?” Alicia turned and stomped her little foot.

“Honey, he is on the other side with Mr. Krabbs.”

Alicia narrowed her eyes and then turned back to the pumpkin.

“Oh, there he is.” She moved on down the line and stopped a few pumpkins down. “Who’s that?”

Tim stopped what he was doing to look at what his daughter was pointing at.

He got up and looked at the pumpkin. “Don’t you recognize him?”

Alicia shook her head.

“That’s Scooby Doo.”

“Him,” she said with a pout pointing at the figure of a running Scooby, “I know, but who is that?”

Tim tried very hard not to laugh and looked at the figure of a skeleton that was chasing Scooby Doo. “That is the bad guy.”

“Are you trying to scare our daughter?”

“Poppy!” Alicia ran and jumped into Sam’s arms.

Tim stood up and leaned in to kiss his husband. “Glad you made it home before dark, babe.”

“Me too. I didn’t want to miss Alicia’s party.”

Sam took a look at the mess on the table and the last pumpkin that wasn’t completely finished. He cocked his eyebrow and looked at Tim.

“I know what you are thinking. The food is all done and in the fridge or in the stove. I have one last pumpkin to finish and we can then put them all around the rooms. I have no flame candles for inside them so no one can be hurt.” Tim leaned in and kissed Sam again, and Alicia as she leaned in for one too. “Trust me, everything is taken care of. The kids and their parents will have a great time.”

“Good, do I have time for a shower?”

“Yup, and your costume is laid out on the bed already. Then you can help Alicia into her costume while I get a shower and into mine.”

“Bath first!” Alicia looked at her daddies.

“Yes, Ally, bath first.” Sam hugged his daughter and started down the hall.

Tim smiled to himself. This is life was supposed to be, his husband and daughter getting ready for a party, while he finished up the last few things for the party. He listened as Sam climbed the stairs and the one stair squeaked as he carried their daughter up for her bath. Tim hugged himself and headed back to the table. Halloween was going to be a hell of a lot of fun this year.

So that was my take on the prompt. I hope you enjoyed it. Comments as always are welcomed.
Copyright © 2013 comicfan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 10/27/2013 10:09 AM, Ron said:
Nice and homey, makes me all warm inside. Very nice!
Thank you Ron. Every now and then I get the chance to do my own prompts. Always like a happy ending.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/27/2013 10:13 AM, Kitt said:
That's the way a Halloween should be!
Yup, just the happy parents getting everything ready for their daughter's Halloween party. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

You know, I hate Spongebob, but you hit it on the nose with Scoobster. Nice name for your little girl. ;) Definitely caught my attention, lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/27/2013 05:49 PM, Cia said:
You know, I hate Spongebob, but you hit it on the nose with Scoobster. Nice name for your little girl. ;) Definitely caught my attention, lol.
SpongeBob isn't my favorite either but my godson loves him. I am more old school, Scooby or Looney Tunes. Thanks for the comment and glad you like the little girl. :lol:
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I like Rons comment cause it's true, this story really makes me warm inside too.. A very warm and wonderful story :)

 

:hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/28/2013 08:26 AM, Slytherin said:
I like Rons comment cause it's true, this story really makes me warm inside too.. A very warm and wonderful story :)

 

:hug:

I like to be all about the family now and then. .I like happily ever after even if I rarely get to be part of one.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..