Jump to content
    craftingmom
  • Author
  • 5,020 Words
  • 9,534 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tears Of The Neko - 12. Chapter 12

(new chapter--does not correlate to an older one)

Damien and Kayden fell into a routine over the next few days. At night, they would sit on the couch and Damien would read his book while Kayden curled up next to him, watching the fire. Then Damien had offered the boy to share his bed, for warmth of course. But they both knew they desired the other's body pressed up against them. Damien had taken to wearing lounge pants to bed, so he didn't scare the poor boy off. When Damien would feel the boy snuggle up next to him in his sleep, Damien felt his whole body surrender to the peaceful feeling of someone wanting him, needing him.

He loved the boy's slow tentative explorations with his hands when he thought Damien was still sleeping. It took all he had to keep his breathing slow and even. When he finally 'woke up', he would roll over and smooth his hand down the young neko's body, caressing the boy tenderly. He had kissed the boy breathless that morning, nuzzling into his neck before trailing kisses down the thin ribs. He was careful to watch for any signs of anxiety, but the boy seemed to melt in his arms.

That was the best part of the day--waking up with his boy in his arms. It put a smile on his face, and he didn't feel the tension in his shoulders that he usually did when he woke up, already worrying about what problems the day would bring.

After breakfast with his brothers, they would spend most of the day in his study, where Kayden would start off leaning on his leg, but eventually he would drift over to the window and lay down in the sun. The boy seemed to have chosen that spot as his. Damien had tried to get the boy to sleep on the couch or his chair instead, but for whatever reason, Kayden still chose the floor behind him. Maybe the boy felt safer there, or he just really liked the sun.

Because of Kayden's skittishness around everyone else but himself, Damien had basically been keeping the boy to just the three familiar rooms--the dining room, the study, and their rooms. But maybe Kayden was getting tired of being in the same rooms all the time. Jacob Arnett had said that nekos usually preferred the outdoors. Why should Kayden be any different?

The boy had to be bored just sitting in his office watching him work all day. Damien frowned as he came to the sudden realization that all Kayden ever did was eat in the room or dining room, watch him work in the study, then take a bath and go to bed. Even though Kayden had taken to following simple orders the last few days, like fetching drinks and such, Damien really hadn't let Kayden do much else. Damien hadn't even taken him on his walks outside after dinner, even after their recent closeness.

He suddenly pushed his chair back, causing the boy to fall back a little, startled. "Come here, kitten," Damien beckoned the neko to rise.

Kayden rose smoothly and looked up at Damien with wide questioning eyes, but no fear was betrayed there. A hint of longing maybe...

Damien paused in his mission to get them outside and leaned in, sweeping his hand to the back of Kayden's neck. He caught Kayden's soft lips in a gentle, chaste kiss--testing, questioning. When Kayden pressed back, parting his lips slightly, Damien smiled against the boy's mouth before delving further into the warmth, relishing the taste of the boy. His thumb swept up the boy's throat as Kayden whimpered softly. As Damien started to pull back, he was pleased to see that Kayden tried to chase his lips, rising on his toes briefly before blushing at his forwardness.

Damien chuckled and leaned back down for another kiss, feeling Kayden's tiny hands press on his chest, fingers curling into his shirt.

"I take it you are okay with me kissing you now," Damien smiled, wrapping his other arm around the boy's thin shoulder.

When Kayden tried to just nodded, Damien lifted his chin, giving him a slightly raised eyebrow.

Kayden blushed again, a rosy glow rising over his cheeks as he lowered his eyes. "Yes," he croaked out. "I--like it."

"Good," Damien grinned, "because I like it too."

The bright green eyes flashed up at his chiding tone, and Damien wrapped his arm tighter around the boy, pulling him into a warm embrace. Damien rested his cheek on the boy's head, feeling the warmth of the boy's breath on his chest.

Damien laughed as a soft pointed ear tickled his chin when Kayden twitched in his arms. "Come on, let's take a walk outside for a change."

Kayden followed closely behind him, nearly silent. And Damien noticed as soon as they exited the study that Kayden shrank in on himself again, slinking even closer to him.

Damien pondered briefly why the boy was still so nervous out in the open in the house, but then the incident with the king's guard had probably put him on edge. He couldn't blame the poor little neko. He'd been ready to kill the guard himself for reacting so violently to the accident, but he also knew that the guard was just doing his job. You never knew just where a threat was coming from--the least likely person could be the greatest threat.

At the door, Damien glanced over the boy's clothes. He had on the same long pants that dragged the floor as the drawstring hung them on his hips and a light white linen shirt. Damien paused and picked up a light cloak. It wasn't cold outside, but it had been cool and he thought because Kayden was so thin that he might be chilled. He held up the dark green cloak.

"Would you like this?" he asked the boy gently. "There's a bit of chill still in the air, especially with the rain coming later."

A slight smile appeared on the thin lips and the little neko nodded gratefully. Damien swung the cloak around the thin shoulders. As he clasped it in the front, he leaned in and kissed the boy's forehead, then swept the ebony locks from under the edge of the cloak.

He turned and opened the front door. A neko guard nodded reverently at him as he exited, raising a brow at the little figure that followed him. Kayden pulled the cloak around him as he slipped past the guard, and he could feel the eyes of the other neko on him as they descended the steps and turned to make their way around the side of the house.

As Kayden stepped on the stones with his bare feet, he winced slightly at the sudden cold. But it wasn't anything he wasn't used to before, just unexpected. The thicker, calloused soles of his neko feet were more protected than a normal human's foot would be. The hem of the long pants dragged over his toes, protecting his small feet from the cool breeze.

A wide semi-circular cobblestone path arched in front of the broad veranda that lined the front of the house. Kayden recognized the mass of bushes that grew outside of the study window as they reached the edge of the house.

Damien paused and turned to Kayden, waving at the expanse of land in front of the house. "Do you like it?"

Kayden nodded as he gazed at the open land. It was a little too open for him, not enough trees to hide amongst, but it was still nice.

"Hmm," his master hummed, "I've got to stop asking you yes or no questions. You really don't like talking much, do you?"

Kayden started to shake his head, but then his eyes darted around them. No one was around. No one would punish him for talking or making noises. "No, sir. I- I w-wasn't allowed to by the h-hunters."

"You know, it's okay to talk here, right?"

Kayden hesitated before his bright green eyes rose to meet his master's. "I know it's okay to talk to you."

The duke blinked, his jaw dropped slightly at what the boy was really saying. A slow curve appeared to the corners of his mouth. He leaned in, wrapping his hand in the soft waves and pulling the boy into his chest. He placed a kiss between the two soft furry ears.

"I suppose that's alright then," Damien murmured into the silky tresses.

"Come on. Let me show you the garden," he said. Then he pulled away, turning to lead them around the side of the house.

"I like the garden," Kayden said softly, surprising Damien by speaking without being prompted by a question. "I-it's the one from your window, right?"

Damien smiled broadly. "Yeah, it is."

As they came around the side of the house, Kayden recognized the slave den several yards to the left. He could see several slaves sitting at the outdoor table, eating their afternoon meal.

"That's the slave den," Damien waved toward the long building. "Most of the slaves sleep there, and most will eat there as well, unless they are working in the house."

Damien heard a soft huff from the little neko and looked down at him, frowning. "What?"

"I-I've already been there," Kayden said.

Damien looked startled for a moment, but then realized he shouldn't be. He hadn't known what had happened with Kayden when he'd arrived. He realized now that he had probably been taken to Jacob Arnett to be collared.

"Oh, yes, well, I guess Arnett would probably have collared you," Damien coughed, he looked around at the slave yard again.

"Yes, sir," Kayden suddenly glanced at the ground looking guilty.

Damien's eye caught sight of the tall shady tree, and a smile curled on his lips. "Hmm, Harrison said you ran up a tree on Arnett. Was it that one?"

The boy's cheeks were flushed in chagrin. "Yes, sir, I'm sorry, sir, but--" he rushed out in a soft whisper.

Damien chuckled. "I would have liked to have seen that."

The green eyes shot up in surprise. "You--... you would?"

"Oh, definitely," the duke laughed.

"Your Grace!" a voice called across the yard, and Damien watched as Kayden shrank back into himself, nearly ducking his chin to his chest as the slave master waved across the yard. Jacob Arnett frowned at the duke. He would have sworn he just heard the man laughing. But that couldn't be right, could it? The oldest Whitmore heir hadn't really laughed in years. He pursed his lips as he studied the man with the young boy inching in next to him.

"Arnett, how are things going?" Damien called, knowing the boy felt safer in his shell around other people. Someday, he'd get the boy to come out.

"Fine, my lord," Jacob Arnett grinned at the lord's good humor. The slaves behind him suddenly tried to scramble to their feet to show reverence.

"No, no, don't get up," Damien waved them back down. "Finish your meal."

Hesitantly, the slaves, a mixture of both humans and nekos, returned to their meal as Damien engaged the slave master.

"I see, you have the boy with you this time, sir," Arnett eyed the young neko, wondering if the little kit was the cause of the changes he was seeing in the duke.

"Yes, it's Kayden's first time outside since he's gotten here," Damien said, as the boy seemed to shrink even more into the cloak.

"Ah, good, he needs fresh air," Arnett smiled, and his eyes twinkled. "Just keep him away from my tree."

They both heard the soft whine, as Kayden buried his head in Damien's back. Jacob was suddenly sorry for his little joking comment, not having meant to upset the boy.

"I'm sure he's sorry," Damien said, trying to soothe the boy.

"Of course he is, sir," Arnett said. "It wasn't his fault. It was yours."

Damien froze, and the slave master suddenly laughed, knowing the duke would not take offense like the marquis would.

"If you had not been shooting skeet, sir, he wouldn't have been scared up the tree," Arnett continued.

Damien laughed as he pulled the boy around under his arm. "Yes, I suppose it was my fault then."

The neko glanced briefly up at both men, realizing that they were not upset by his previous transgression.

"I'll be getting this group back out to the fields, sir," the slave master said, stepping away, not wanting to frighten the boy.

"Thank you, Arnett," Damien said as he turned Kayden toward the stables. With his hand on the back of the boy's neck, he guided him down the small hill.

"Have you ever ridden a horse before?" Damien asked.

Kayden shook his head instinctively. Then glanced around briefly before adding softly before they ran into anybody, "No, sir. I find them s-scary."

Damien chuckled again, realizing he was finding it easier and easier to let go, to laugh and enjoy the moment, instead of worrying about the future every second.

"I suppose they would seem scary at first," he said. He'd grown up around horses, had ridden his first horse on his own by the time he was eight. It was a much smaller horse then, of course. "But most of our horses are very well trained. They won't hurt you."

As they came around the corner, Kayden suddenly stiffened. Tobacco. He could smell tobacco amid the overwhelming odor of the horses. He froze, not wanting to continue closer, but also not wanting to be too far from his master.

"My lord!" a young groom abruptly straightened, dropping his handrolled cigarette to the ground and stomping on it. "Did you want to ride too?"

A small smirk appeared on Damien's face at the flustered look of the groom. "I would prefer you take your breaks farther away from my horses, if you are going to engage in such habits," Damien stated.

"Uh, y-yes, s-sir," he stammered, looking appropriately chastised. "I'm very sorry, sir."

Another groom appeared, leading a saddled horse out of the stables, and Kayden jumped back behind his master at the sight of the huge animal.

"Did you use the right saddle pad this time?" snapped a horribly familiar voice from inside the stable.

"Yes, sir," the groom pulling the horse forward stated.

Kayden froze as the sandy-haired master appeared, following well behind the horse, pulling on his riding gloves. Kayden clutched the insides of the cloak and nearly dove into Damien's back.

"Roman, are you going--" Damien grunted as Kayden suddenly buried into his spine. He cleared his throat. "Are you going for a ride?"

"Heading into town for a bit, meeting some ... friends," he said, as he looked up. His eyes narrowed on the little neko hiding behind his brother.

"I see you have the little tiger out and about, now," he stated, his voice smooth.

"Don't call him that," Damien said. "He doesn't like it."

The marquis glanced away, hiding his smirk as he turned to mount his large mare. "I wonder why?" Roman said, sounding genuinely concerned.

"I'm sure it's because a previous master who hurt him called him that," Damien stated, glaring at his brother. "So please refrain calling him tiger."

Roman just laughed, waving away his brother's concerns for the boy. He deftly mounted his mare, quickly kicking the horse's flanks to get her moving.

"Have a good ride," Damien called, waiting for his brother to be off before moving.

After Roman had trotted the horse towards the estate exit, Damien peeled Kayden off his back. He stroked his hand over the boy's head, trying to calm the shaking body.

"It's okay. The horse is gone now," he said softly.

Kayden only nodded, since the grooms were still hovering, watching their master curiously. He glanced in the direction the marquis had ridden off in and slowly released a calming breath.

"I wanted to show you my horse," Damien said. "But maybe you aren't ready to meet Jester."

Kayden looked up quickly. He didn't want to disappoint his master. He smiled slightly and turned toward the barn with a tip of his head.

"Are you sure?"

Kayden nodded, biting the edge of his lip.

"Okay, then." Damien led the way into the barn over to a very large black horse who poked his head out over the stall door at the voice of his master.

Kayden stared wide-eyed at the monstrous beast. He hadn't seemed that big when Kayden had seen his master riding him that first day when he'd arrived at the manor. He was massive, taller than Damien. Damien reached forward and stroked the soft grey nose of the horse.

"Hey there, Jester," he greeted the horse casually. "I want you to meet Kayden."

Kayden started to step closer, seeing the ease with which Damien handled the horse, but then the horse snorted loudly, and Kayden jumped backwards.

The duke chuckled. "They do that sometimes," he said. Then the large nose flicked toward the little neko and the huge stallion ducked his head slightly. "See, he's inviting you to pet him, now."

Kayden tilted his head and quirked an eyebrow, stubbornly staying where he was.

"Here, give me your hand," Damien said, holding out his for the boy to take.

Kayden eyed the massive beast warily before taking a step closer and putting his hand in his master's. Damien slowly raised the resisting, small hand to press against the horse's nose. After a few seconds, when he was sure the horse wasn't going to snap off his hand, Kayden relaxed his hand and allowed himself to pet the horse. His master stroked under the horse's neck as Jester nuzzled against Kayden's palm.

"See?" Damien smiled.

Kayden released the breath he didn't realized he'd been holding and smiled at his master. Abruptly, Jester shook his massive head at the fly that was crawling on his ear, and Kayden jumped back again.

There were snickers from the barn door, and they both noticed the two grooms watching Kayden's unease. Damien shot the two young men a glare, silencing them instantly. The men darted off with a quick bow.

"Well, we can work on getting you two more acquainted," Damien said easily, patting Jester's hard neck.

After a quick glance to see that they were truly alone, he moved closer to Kayden, wrapping his hand around the boy's neck and drawing him closer. Kayden rose on his bare toes to meet the warm kiss. It was quick, but it sent tingles down his spine.

The two of them made their way out of the barn, crossing to the garden. The bushes and flowers were green with the spring bloom, and Kayden loved the soft crush of the grass under his feet. He inhaled the various fragrances of the blooming flowers.

They were about to make their way to one of the benches when they heard a shriek of pain. Kayden tensed in fear as Damien frowned, then started in the direction of the sound.

Damien's pace was faster and Kayden had to nearly run to keep up. He tugged up the pants to keep from tripping on them. As much as he didn't want to be anywhere near whatever had caused the cry of pain, he didn't want to be away from his master either.

Damien rounded a long building, halting at the edge of what looked like a combat ring.

"Everything okay?" Damien asked quickly.

"Yes, sir," one of the men called back. "Mathias just fell wrong, think he twisted his ankle. Brenner took him inside. Nash went for the doc."

Kayden's quick eyes took in the various weapons, both real and wooden, that were lined up against the edge of the building as well as the dozen or so men standing around the ring. His breath caught in his throat as fear paralyzed him, and he almost took off running in the other direction, wanting a place to hide.

Damien's hand caught his arm hidden in the cloak, and Kayden whined when he looked up at his master; Kayden's eyes were unfocused and wide with fear, his breathing hitching in his throat.

Damien had turned to see the little neko looking ready to dart, his face white, panic-stricken. "Kayden. Kitten. Look at me," his deep voice commanded.

Damien smoothed his hand over the boy's head, feeling the boy shudder then slowly relax in his hand.

"No one is going to hurt you here," he said softly.

But the green eyes flicked anxiously to the side at the gathered men who were now turning in curiosity towards their lord.

With a firm grip on the boy's neck, Damien gave a little shake. "Look at me," he ordered again, and finally he saw the green eyes focus on his face. "Breathe, kitten."

Damien could practically feel the intense fear seeping out of the boy's body as he calmed his breathing at the sound of Damien's voice and the firmness of his touch.

"Good," Damien praised and almost kissed the boy right there, but thought better of it in front of all the guards standing around behind him. "Better now?"

A little nod told him that at least the boy wasn't going to dart away. Damien shifted slightly and swept his arm to indicate the well-trampled area.

"This is the training area for our guards," Damien explained. "All these men are here to protect me, us, the whole estate. You don't need to be afraid of them."

Kayden nodded again, but didn't truly look like he believed him, even though a few of them waved and smiled.

"And that is why I tell you to always find your stance!" Captain Brenner's voice shouted as he slammed back out of the guard barracks.

Kayden immediately ducked in behind his taller master at the angry voice.

There were several murmured 'yes, sirs' and 'yes, captains' from the gathered guards. Damien smiled as he made sure that Kayden wasn't going to run.

"Maybe you should show them how it's done," Damien cajoled.

The captain's eyes widened as he sought out the perpetrator of the taunt. Then he smiled as he saw his master. "My lord!" he called, addressing the duke formally in front of his men as he stalked over. "Maybe you'd like to help me show them?"

"Not today. We're just out for a walk," Damien laughed, startling the captain. Geoff was shocked to see Damien standing so at ease and a true laugh rumbling from the man.

"No shooting or running off on your horse today?" the guard looked stunned that his lord would be going outside just for the plain joy of it. Usually, Damien came outside to burn off excess energy because he'd finally reached a stressful breaking point.

"Nope, just thought I'd walk the gardens for a bit, enjoy the sun," Damien smirked. "Showing Kayden around outside for a change."

"I see," Geoff eyed him incredulously, not really believing him. He caught sight of the little neko nearly hidden behind his master.

"Kayden, you remember Captain Brenner, right?" Damien said while trying to extricate the little neko from ducking into his back. Finally, he had the boy next to him, and the boy nodded silently.

"It's good to see you again, little kit," Geoff smiled.

"We've been by the slave den, the barn and the gardens," Damien said, "And now the guard barracks." Then he pointed over to a massive structure on the eastern edge of the property. "And that over there, Kayden, is the East Wing. It's being renovated for guests right now, and when Roman or Harrison get married they may choose to move out of the main house."

Kayden just nodded, taking in the stone structure across the field absently before casting his eyes back on the dozen men loitering in front of him. They were more of a threat than some building in the distance, and he wasn't about to let his guard down that easily. While he trusted Damien, he didn't trust any of these men.

"I'm glad to see you feeling more at ease," the captain said, his gaze traveling up and down the boy.

Kayden only nodded again, allowing his long, ebony locks to hide his face, ears half-flattened on his head.

The captain abruptly shifted closer, leaning in toward his master, and Kayden stiffened warily.

"Damien," Geoff said softly, "were you in such a hurry to go for a walk that you couldn't let the kit put on some shoes?"

"What?" Damien jerked suddenly, glancing down at Kayden. Kayden had one foot perched nervously on top of the other, his bare toes peeking out from the hem of his pants.

Geoff looked amused as Damien stared in shock, gaping at the young neko. It had not even occurred to him that the boy might still be barefoot. His oversized pants had always hidden his feet, and Damien assumed he at least had some leather slip-ons like many of the house servants wore.

"Kayden! Fuck! Why didn't you tell me you didn't have shoes on?"

Kayden ducked his head in worry that he had angered his master, drawing the cloak around him tighter.

Brenner chuckled. "You expected him to actually tell you that?"

And Damien shot his guard a glare.

"What?" Geoff shot back. "He hasn't said a word since he's gotten here. Why would he tell you he needs shoes?"

"Because he does speak," Damien growled back. "To me."

Geoff's brows shot up into his hairline. "Really?"

"Yes," he grumbled, turning his attention back to the cowering boy. He hadn't meant to snap at him like that, but he was so irritated with both himself for not realizing it, as well as Kayden for not saying anything. His feet had to be freezing and walking over the rough stones....

"Come on, Kayden," he said, pulling the boy by the arm to get them away from the others. "Let's get you back inside."

They walked quickly away from the guard quarters, feeling the eyes of all the men on them as they headed back toward the house.

"Kitten," he started, much softer this time, "why didn't you tell me you didn't have shoes on?"

With a quick glance around, Kayden ducked his head before whispering, "I- I didn't know it mattered."

"Why wouldn't it matter? Did you think I'd want you to freeze your toes off?" the duke snapped back a little more roughly than he'd wanted.

"N-no, sir. But I-I've never had shoes before, so--"

"Never?"

Kayden shook his head.

"But--" Damien stopped himself, remembering Kayden telling him about his time with the hunters and then the slave market. While the hunters probably had not cared, the market owner should have provided appropriate clothing. "But Master Farth is required to provide suitable shoes to all slaves that he owns."

Kayden looked up. "Even if I stayed in my cage?"

"Fuck," Damien grumbled under his breath, knowing the boy had a point, even if it wasn't right. He hated thinking about Kayden like that. The image of his little neko curled up and scared in a cage nearly tore his heart in two.

"Well," Damien huffed out a breath, "Do you want me to carry you inside?"

The boy tilted his raven haired head to the side curiously. "W-why would you do that?"

"Because your feet are cold? Because they are sore from all the rocks we've walked over?" Damien snapped sarcastically.

He was surprised when a slight smirk appeared on the boy's face. "They aren't that cold, sir. And my feet are pretty tough."

"Really?" Damien asked in genuine surprise.

Kayden nodded.

"Oh, so nekos have ..." he trailed off, realizing that was another difference about the other species that he hadn't really known about. Of course, he'd always just looked at them as humans with different ears and a tail. He'd never really seen them as a truly different species. "I guess you have like calluses or thicker soles on your feet or something."

Kayden nodded, smiling at the confusion in his master. "Yes, sir, I'm just fine."

"The hell you are," Damien growled back. "Your feet can still freeze."

Kayden shrugged. "It's warm enough."

"So not the point," Damien scoffed. "What did you do in the winter? In the snow?"

"W-with my parents," he swallowed sadly, "we wrapped in furs of the animals we hunted. Master E-Ehern gave me scraps of fabric to tie around my feet."

Damien just shook his head, afraid he'd lash out in anger again at the thought of the hunters' abuse on his poor little neko. Damien suddenly swept the boy up in his arms.

Kayden squeaked in surprise as he was cuddled into the man's strong arms. He squirmed trying to get free for a second before the arms tightened around him, burying him against the warm chest. Kayden relaxed and buried his head against his master's shoulder.

"Well, you are getting shoes. And new clothes that fit, immediately," Damien stated, as he stalked to the kitchen door.

Everyone froze as their master strode in, shocked by the bundle in his arms. "Find Drystan. Tell him I want the tailor and the cobbler here tomorrow."

When he was greeted with just stunned silence, he looked around the kitchen.

"Well?" he snapped.

"Oh! Uh, yes, sir!" several servants suddenly startled into action.

"Good," their lord grunted. "I'll be up in my room."

Kayden lifted his head slightly, peering past his master's arm as he was carried through the kitchen. He caught the amused looks of the chef and Ysmenia before he tucked back into his master's arms. He felt his face flush with embarrassment at being carried through the kitchen.

"Shall I send up a tray, my lord?" Garin called when they were almost out of the room. Kayden could have sworn there was a hint of laughter behind the words.

"That would actually be nice," Damien said over his shoulder. "The kit and I are a little hungry after our walk."

thanks for reading!
Copyright © 2014 craftingmom; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 51
  • Love 6
  • Haha 7
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Oh my goodness..... another stunning chapter. I can just imagine what must've gone through Damiens mind...... seeing his kitten strung up and whipped to a bloody pulp. Hopefully he will keep Kayden close and protected until Roman makes a fatal last mistake

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

Great chapter! Very riveting. My heart broke for poor Kayden again, but at least now Damien is starting to realize what a jerk Roman is. I wonder what else Roman has in store for Damien, because I'm sure he's not going to give up that easily! I can't wait for the next chapter! :)

Link to comment

great chapter. poor little Kayden. I was a bit frustrated that Damien didn't go after Kayden and see what happened. He loves him and yet he let a scratch keep him inside brooding? Why not go ask him. That said, I can only hope he is now going to protect him better. I have to ask, has Roman showed no aspirations to be more than his status? And how many things have to go wrong b4 they question his integrity? I hope Kayden will now tell the truth. I hope they will take his word now if he admits to the rape. The story has been great. The bond between Kayden and Damien is tangible. I would like to see them talk and get to know each other better though. I loved moments like when they came in on them playing. :glomp: That was great to see Kayden carefree and it sounds like it was good for Damien to be like that too. We know Kayden's background, but we don't know anything about Damien. I also have to wonder, what relationship can they have when he can't even have Kayden sit at the table as a slave? If a year goes by, is a freed slave able to be a partner to a duke? I thought it sweet/brave that Damien is open with others about how he feels about Kayden. :heart:

Keep up the awesome work!!! And I am hoping to find 13 soon. We're spoiled by you!!! thanks! :2thumbs::D:thankyou:

Link to comment
On 08/19/2014 02:43 PM, Cannd said:
great chapter. poor little Kayden. I was a bit frustrated that Damien didn't go after Kayden and see what happened. He loves him and yet he let a scratch keep him inside brooding? Why not go ask him. That said, I can only hope he is now going to protect him better. I have to ask, has Roman showed no aspirations to be more than his status? And how many things have to go wrong b4 they question his integrity? I hope Kayden will now tell the truth. I hope they will take his word now if he admits to the rape. The story has been great. The bond between Kayden and Damien is tangible. I would like to see them talk and get to know each other better though. I loved moments like when they came in on them playing. :glomp: That was great to see Kayden carefree and it sounds like it was good for Damien to be like that too. We know Kayden's background, but we don't know anything about Damien. I also have to wonder, what relationship can they have when he can't even have Kayden sit at the table as a slave? If a year goes by, is a freed slave able to be a partner to a duke? I thought it sweet/brave that Damien is open with others about how he feels about Kayden. :heart:

Keep up the awesome work!!! And I am hoping to find 13 soon. We're spoiled by you!!! thanks! :2thumbs::D:thankyou:

Well, I think it was more that Damien was too stunned to go right after Kayden. He would have gone eventually, but was just in shock. And you have a very good point about Damien's background and the 'what happens years from now'--I really need to think about how to incorporate that in a rewrite. That's why I love this site so much, you guys are really making me think about all the stuff I could add to the story!
Link to comment
On 08/19/2014 10:39 AM, Valkyrie said:
Great chapter! Very riveting. My heart broke for poor Kayden again, but at least now Damien is starting to realize what a jerk Roman is. I wonder what else Roman has in store for Damien, because I'm sure he's not going to give up that easily! I can't wait for the next chapter! :)
Thank you! You enjoy ch. 13 & 14!
Link to comment
On 08/19/2014 09:14 AM, pasdaddy said:
Wow I have really got into this story. keep up the good work.
Thank you! I'm glad you are enjoying it!
Link to comment
On 08/19/2014 07:59 AM, WriterJT said:
WOW.... Amazing chapter, I can not wait for the next one. This story is truly gripping!!!
Thank you!
Link to comment

What a lovely chapter. You make the surroundings very vivid, and I walked with them. Yet even in the middle of such sweetness there are thorns. You weave them in so well.

Link to comment

That was quite a walk, a very enlightening one for many. Kayden and Damien are beginning to remind me of the strong man and his 'damsel in distress'. LOL. I love these two characters and how you work your plot around the surroundings and people in passing. Just enough dialogue without expecting the reader to remember that particular character.

Link to comment

I hope that horse tramples Roman :whistle: I'll be much happier when that bastard's out of the picture, although I doubt he's gonna go soon :lol:. Anyway, I keep falling more and more in love with this story :D it's so good! I noticed there's shorts for this too, so it'll be nice to get to those when I finish with this :D again, thanks for writing!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..