Jump to content
    craftingmom
  • Author
  • 1,452 Words
  • 8,570 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tears Of The Neko - 13. Chapter 13

(correlates roughly to old ch. 10)

Kayden was glaring.

Damien was trying not to laugh.

The cobbler had left an hour ago, and Damien had barely stopped laughing before the tailor arrived. The shoemaker had brought a trunk-full of the smaller shoes that he had in his store ready-made. The older man and his apprentice had quickly become frustrated with the neko stomping around in the various shoes he'd tried on. While Kayden never said anything, his displeasure at having to put shoes on at all was clearly noted in the frown etched on his face.

The slip-on loafer were obviously less heinous than the boots the apprentice nearly got kicked with while lacing them on Kayden. The neko had stomped around the room dramatically in them like they were lead weights on his feet, emphasizing his dislike of them.

Damien had tried to hide his laughter behind his hand while the cobbler took note of measurements to make other shoes. In the end, the man had left a pair of loafer and the pair of boots that Damien insisted that Kayden needed if they ever went outside for any length of time. He had ordered two more pair of shoes for the cobbler to make in different leathers.

Now, the tailor had arrived and was measuring Kayden to make new clothes. The man had brought several of his smaller size clothes and had asked Kayden to try them on. Kayden didn't like the way the man stalked around him, and he had to stay still. He couldn't see the man when he walked behind him, and then his cold hand would touch him and tug on the shirt or pants.

"It's been a while since I've made clothes for one so small," the tailor mumbled. Being a higher end tailor, he usually dealt with grown men, but when the duke demanded his presence in fitting his new slave, the man had no qualms making do.

"I'm sure we'll be having you make more later," Damien said from where he was lounging in his wing-backed chair, propped up on one elbow.

"Of course, sir," the man said. "Whatever his Grace needs, I'm at your service."

"I want a full set of clothes--warm, cold, several casual, a more formal set, and of course lounge clothes."

"Not a problem, sir. I can leave these two smaller pants with him, they nearly fit, so he has some pants that fit him better than what he had."

"Good," Damien said, rising from his chair as the tailor finished, and Kayden darted to his room.

"Is there anything else, sir?" the tailor asked as he gathered the last of his things. "Anything for you, perhaps?"

Damien shook his head then dropped several gold coins in the man's hand. "Not today, thank you."

The man's eyes gleamed with gratitude. "Thank you very much, your Grace."

After the man was gone, Damien stepped into Kayden's little room, which had not been used lately, except to store his clothes, and found the boy sitting sullenly on the cot.

"What's wrong?"

Kayden peeked up at him over his folded arms. "His hands were cold."

Damien chuckled. "Is that all?"

"And he kept touching me," Kayden said softly.

Damien sobered at those words, not having realized how much the boy was bothered by the tailor. He knelt down in front of the little neko. He placed his hand gently on the boy's knee.

"I touch you," Damien reminded gently. "You don't mind when I hold you or touch you, or do you?"

"It's ... it's different," Kayden said. He had gotten so used to no one but his master touching him in the last few days that he had recoiled at the touch of the stranger. He had always hated being touched before, but he'd endured it. Before touches were painful, cruel, startling. He never knew what was going to happen when someone touched him.

"How so?"

Kayden's teary eyes looked up at him, and Damien swept the pad of his thumb across the wet cheek. "I know you won't hurt me," he whispered, and Damien felt his heart clench. "I-I don't k-know what others will do."

Damien was nodding, feeling tears prickle at the corners of his eyes at the fear and torment the boy had been through in his young life. "I see," he croaked out, barely able to get his emotions back under control. He wanted more than anything to make this boy feel safe, loved. "No one's going to hurt you while you're with me now, kitten. I promise."

Kayden nodded, biting on the edge of his lip. He believed his master would protect him if he could. But what would happen if his master wasn't around?

 

--Neko--

 

A couple days later, Geoff Brenner was heading to the Duke's study when he heard giggling from inside the study. He paused to listen in confusion, but when he heard a startled cry, he burst open the door in worry that someone was attacking the duke.

He froze at the sight that greeted him.

Kayden had leapt at Damien, latching himself to the taller man, wrapping his slender legs around his master's lean waist. Damien had cried out in shock at the playful attack that caused him to stagger, the back of his legs bumping against the couch as he fell onto it. Kayden was perched on the duke's chest, tail flicking excitedly.

Both of them looked back at the door as it burst open. Damien fell back laughing, as Kayden tried to jump away, but Damien held him in place.

"Yes, Captain Brenner? Something I can do for you?" Damien asked casually, as Kayden tucked his face away from the guard, hiding the blush that crept over his cheeks.

"Uh," Geoff stammered, unsure of what to say, and suddenly forgetting why he'd needed to see his master anyway. "Sorry?"

And Damien laughed even more. Geoff finally smiled at the relaxed sound of his master's laughter. "I thought you were being attacked or something."

Damien grinned mischievously, petting Kayden's silky locks. "I was."

"What's going on?" Roman suddenly appeared next to the captain, eyes narrowing at the sight of the neko wrapped around his brother.

Kayden abruptly squirmed his way between Damien and the back of the couch, and Geoff noted that it seemed more fearful than playful now. Of course the little thing was afraid of everyone but Damien it seemed.

"Ouch," Damien swatted gently at the figure burrowing behind him, still laughing. "I think we need to get those nails clipped soon."

"Nothing's wrong," Damien told his captain, sitting on the couch casually as if he hadn't just gotten caught practically making out with the young neko by the captain of the guard.

"Fuck," Roman cursed as he turned away from his brother's study.

Geoff Brenner frowned at the marquis's attitude before turning back to the duke. "I see things are better," he surmised, crossing his arms with a smirk.

Damien grinned at his captain. "Much. You might have gotten an eyeful if you had burst in here like that a little later."

Geoff rolled his eyes, groaning, noticing that the poor little neko seemed to shrink in more behind his master. "Next time, lock the door."

Geoff Brenner turned and ran into Roman as he went back out of the doorway. "Looks like you are going to owe him a thousand pounds," the captain joked, nudging the young marquis congenially.

"The damn thing doesn't even talk," Roman ranted, frustrated, "It's so ....How can Damien stand to even be around it? "

"Just because he doesn't like you," Geoff said, "doesn't mean he's not likable."

 

--Neko--

 

Damien watched as the door closed, then stood and turned to Kayden. As soon as his brother and guard were gone, the little neko uncurled itself. Damien couldn't believe how important this little creature had become to him in such a short time. He never thought he'd want anyone, much less feel this strongly for someone.

He reached down and easily picked up the boy, gathering him in an embrace. Kayden's thin limbs wrapped around him, arms around his neck and sleek thighs squeezing his waist. Kayden nuzzled against his neck, and Damien tucked his head against Kayden's, the boy's ears tickling his cheek.

"I love you, kitten," Damien breathed against the fine ebony hair.

Damien felt Kayden's claws dig briefly into his back as the boy buried his face against his chest. He could feel the boy's breathing hitch under his hands, and for a second he thought Kayden was crying.

Then he felt the breath against the skin at his throat, barely a whisper. "I love you too, sir."

Hope you enjoyed!
Copyright © 2014 craftingmom; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 48
  • Love 21
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I am so glad Kayden told him about the threat. I still wanted him to find out about the rape. He deserves to be skinned alive for that. I don't know much about the hierarchy of the time, but why can't a Marquis be punished by a duke? Obviously, he's more powerful. I felt like this chapter was a tad rushed. i'd have liked Damien to ask him about the bruises on his neck. I'd have liked him to hear about everything. I guess he would have wanted to calm Kayden, but his emotions are strong where he is involved. Especially, if he reacts so much less violently when hearing his brother is trying to coordinate his death. I'd expect him to call Harrison at least. I am wondering how much time had passed. I assume more than one day, at least that it wasn't the same night b/c he was able to move about. I love this and don't want it to speed up or end too soon! It's such a great story.

Link to comment
On 08/19/2014 03:04 PM, Cannd said:
I am so glad Kayden told him about the threat. I still wanted him to find out about the rape. He deserves to be skinned alive for that. I don't know much about the hierarchy of the time, but why can't a Marquis be punished by a duke? Obviously, he's more powerful. I felt like this chapter was a tad rushed. i'd have liked Damien to ask him about the bruises on his neck. I'd have liked him to hear about everything. I guess he would have wanted to calm Kayden, but his emotions are strong where he is involved. Especially, if he reacts so much less violently when hearing his brother is trying to coordinate his death. I'd expect him to call Harrison at least. I am wondering how much time had passed. I assume more than one day, at least that it wasn't the same night b/c he was able to move about. I love this and don't want it to speed up or end too soon! It's such a great story.
Wow, such detailed reviews and comments! Where to start? First, Kayden's not going to tell about the rape (but that doesn't mean Damien doesn't find out). And it's not that a Marquis can't be punished by a duke, but because of Roman being such a high ranking noble, it would have to be more than just the word of a slave--basically a lot more evidence. And, I think I need to be more clear about the bruise on his neck when I edit: Remember Kayden is very small and tends to keep his head down, so between his hair and collar, his neck is pretty hidden from Damien who is much taller. Ysmenia noticed because she is more Kayden's height. And it has been a couple days while Kayden was recovering. Thanks so much for taking the time to write such detailed reviews!
Link to comment
On 08/19/2014 04:23 PM, quokka said:
I miss enjoying this story sooooo much

Thankyou for writing it

Thank you! I almost didn't post it, because I was messing up the posting process! But thankfully admin Cia worked with me and straightened me out.
Link to comment
On 08/23/2014 01:51 PM, Headstall said:
Finally, most of the truth is out...there is just one more thing...
Wow, thanks for commenting as you read. It's nice to hear other peoples impressions of the chapters!
Link to comment

Ysmenia and Garin are minor characters, but I love the way they have taken Kayden under their wings from the very beginning.

Roman might be in the east wing, but that is much too close to Damien and Kayden, he is dangerous and will surely cause more trouble.

Link to comment

Aww, Kay's so adorable when he's playful! :D Damien's loosened up so much, it's awesome :). Everyone seems to be happy, although someone needs to pull the stick out of Roman's ass (and hopefully replace it with a sword 0:)). Something tells me Roman's gonna screw it all up, though, and I doubt I hate him half as much now as I will when it's over :gikkle:

Love the story, I can't wait to read more! :D

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..