Jump to content
    craftingmom
  • Author
  • 1,842 Words
  • 5,524 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

What No One Sees - 12. Chapter 12

I think you know the drill... Warning: physical and sexual abuse/rape.

Chapter 12

 

The next five days, Avery spent in a haze of pain, both inside and out. Avery would swear the man was insatiable. Sometimes the man would bind him to that fucking cross or the bench, other times he just chained him to the bed. Each time, Barry would come and help him to the bathroom to clean up and slip on a pair of the silky pjs. Fortunately, the salve seemed to keep his back from aching and tightening too badly.

Each night he would curl up on the bed, and drop to sleep in near exhaustion. He almost wished that Mr. Degasio would lose control, and he would never have to wake up to this nightmare again. But if anything, Mr. Degasio was in total control. He knew exactly how far he could push Avery's body and exactly how much he could mark his body and where. The only thing Avery kept clinging to was the thought that this was only a week, less than a week really, til Monday, right?. His father had only sold him for the week, right? That meant his father planned to come get him again, and maybe this nightmare would be over. Even his father's abuse was nothing compared to this.

Avery settled on the bed the last night of this nightmare, unable to get to sleep. Barry had brought his duffle bag back and sat it next to the bed so he'd have it for getting dressed tomorrow, assuming he was actually leaving.

He pulled his duffle bag up onto the bed next to him and began pulling out a set of clothes as wishful thinking for his trip home. As he reached for one of his shirts in his bag, he frowned as he felt something hard along the side of the duffle.

He almost broke down completely. His phone. He'd forgotten about it when he'd been dragged down here. Tears streamed down his eyes as he quickly glanced at the locked door. It was late, and Mr. Degasio had only left him a couple hours ago, so he didn't expect him to come back so soon.

As he thumbed at the phone, he didn't really expect it to turn on since it had been sitting for several days without being charged, but it came to life showing only about a 5% charge left and flashing a message reminding him to connect to his charger.

He noticed several text messages waiting, some from Erin, but most were from Matt.

How is ur vacay going? Erin texted. Mom and Matt took me skiing yesterday. TTYL

Did last minute xmas shopping today. Are u home yet?

Merry xmas! Enjoy the snow!

Snow? Avery thought. Christmas? He felt his eyes tear up again as he realized he'd had no idea of the passing of the holiday--not that the holiday meant anything to him anyway. Just another fucked up Christmas in his life.

R U Ok? I haven't heard from you in several days.

No, he wasn't ok, he thought, but he couldn't tell her that, couldn't let her know why. He quickly typed a response. I'm fine, busy, tired. Think I'm getting a cold.

There that should satisfy her.

He quickly flicked through the texts from Matt.

Hey, Avery, just thinking about you. Had fun yesterday with u. It was sent Thursday, obviously after his bag had been taken, and Avery couldn't help the tear that slipped down his cheek at the memory of their first kiss--his first real kiss. It seemed like forever since then. A fat, wet drop landed on the face on the phone. He swiped it away as he quickly read through the other texts. Matt had sent at least one text every day, sometimes more.

Hey, what's up? Hope u r having fun out with your dad.

Hope you aren't gone too long. I miss u.

Avery felt himself clutch at the phone, his tears blurring his eyes. Nobody ever missed him.

Merry Christmas. Hope u have a great day. Wish I could spend it with u.

Is everything okay? Haven't heard from u...

Hey, just saw your dad at the store. R U back?

Oh, fuck, Avery thought. His dad probably hadn't thought about someone actually noticing Avery was gone. How would his father explain his absence? His dad probably didn't think it would be necessary.

What's up? R U mad with me? I'm sorry if I'm bugging u.

Jesus, Avery felt his heart breaking. God, if Matt only knew what he'd been doing, he'd be so disgusted with him. He quickly wiped at his tears so he could focus on the keys to text back.

Matt, I'm good. Of course, I'm not mad. I've just been busy here, feeling a cold coming on, and forgot to charge the phone.

Avery sighed, hoping that Matt would be appeased by that response. He laid back on the bed, still clutching his lifeline to his friend. When it vibrated, he jumped.

Ahh, ok. Good. I was worried about u.

A second message came in a second later. R U home? Do u need me to bring u anything? Soup? Tea?

Oh, crap. He couldn't let Matt visit his house.

No, I'm good, using the meds u brought me b4. Just sleeping alot. He lied, well technically, he was sleeping a lot since he didn't have anything else to do.

Ok. Get some rest. Sleep well. Luv U.

Avery froze. Luv U? Had Matt meant to type that? It had to be just a friendly farewell greeting, right?

You too, was all Avery could think to respond.

He quickly turned off the phone and buried it back in his bag, silently thankful that Barry nor Mr. Degasio had searched his bag.

Then he paused. He had a phone, he suddenly realized, he could call for help. He glanced around furtively, listening carefully for movement outside the door. Making a rash decision, he dialed 911.

"Trenton Emergency Services," the voice answered. "What's your emergency?"

"Uh..." Avery froze, not sure what to tell them. "I..."

"Sir, are you hurt?"

"I'm...yes..."

"Sir, do you have a location?" the woman's voice asked, beginning to think the caller was in shock and couldn't respond.

"No.... I don't...." Avery stammered.

"What's your name, sir?"

"Uh... A-Avery..."

"Hang on, sir," she responded. He could vaguely hear her voice turn away from the phone. "Captain, I have a man in shock on the line. I need a trace for a location immediately."

Then he heard her turn back towards the phone. "Avery, can you tell me what's wrong, where are you hurt?"

Now that he'd made the phone call, he had no idea what to say. He couldn't think straight. What would they think of him? How could he face the disgusted faces of the cops who would find him? Of, Sheriff Nelson, who would undoubtedly find out. They'd know he'd been repeatedly raped, and he knew he couldn't take the revulsion in their eyes at what he'd allowed to be done to him. And then Matt would know too. And that would be the worst of all.

He looked down at the phone numbly, unsure of what do to. Suddenly the words "powering off" appeared, and he knew it was too late anyway. The phone was dead.

He suddenly heard the jangle of keys outside the door.

"Oh, shit," he mumbled, nearly dropping the phone. He shoved it in the bottom of his duffle bag as the door swung open.

 

@@@@

 

"We only have tonight left," William cooed, stroking his hand down Avery's thin belly, ghosting over his jutting hips. The man hooked the padded cuffs to a hook in the headboard, like he'd done several times before.

Thank God, Avery thought. He could make it one more night, right?

He felt William shift down slightly and start stroking his cock. Just one more night. Just one more night. Just get it the fuck over with. He let his mind float away, numbing himself to the man's touches. He barely felt anything as the man rolled him to his stomach and used his body to himself.

As William neared his orgasm, he pulled out abruptly and flipped Avery back over. He grabbed Avery's balls and squeezed, eliciting a cry from the boy.

"That's it, scream for me," Mr. Degasio's eyes glittered. The man's hand snaked up to Avery's neck, and Avery could feel the fingers squeezing at his windpipe. Avery's eyes widened as he felt his breath being cut off. He felt panic rise through his chest.

"Yesss," William hissed, "give me your fear!"

Avery felt a warmth splatter across his chest as he gasped a last breath, yanking uselessly at the chains on his hands. His vision blackened. Oh, God, this is how it's going to end?

 

@@@@

 

"What the fuck did you do?"

Avery vaguely heard voices floating around him.

"He's fine," Mr. Degasio's voice stated. "See, he's waking up now."

"What about the fucking fingerprint bruises on his neck?!"

Was that his father's voice, Avery wondered as he slowly swallowed. His hand fluttered up to the tenderness at his neck. Oh, God, the man had choked him. Then he suddenly realized his hands were free.

"A little breath play," William shrugged. "The kid's fine."

"Fine?!" his father snapped. "How am I going to explain those bruises on his neck?! He has school in a few days?!"

William was obviously becoming irritated by his father's whining over his condition. The man had left marks that would be impossible for his father to explain.

"Here," William threw a couple hundred dollars at his father. "Buy a bunch of turtlenecks. The bruises will be gone in a week or so."

"Thank god it's winter," his father was grumbling as he stuffed the money away. "You'll have to be more careful in the future."

Wait? In the--? No, no, no.... Avery curled over into a ball, burying his face in his hands.

"Get up, boy," his father snapped. "We got to get home. And apparently stop by the store for shirts."

Avery rolled out of the bed obediently because he definitely didn't want to be left here. He slid a pair of khakis on and pulled a sweater over his head. He could feel his father sneering at the bruises on his throat, mumbling under his breath.

His father wrapped a scarf around his neck before leading him out of the house of horrors. Avery had never felt so relieved to be with his father as he was at that moment. He slumped down in the car, tucking his duffle bag at his feet as they made the drive back to Euphoria.

His father had stopped by the mall and had Avery wait in the car while he ran in to grab the turtleneck shirts. By the time they arrived home, all Avery wanted to do was crawl in his own bed and forget this week had ever happened.

Copyright © 2015 craftingmom; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 27
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

That chapter left me feeling emotionally wrung out and sad. I could not imagine being Avery. How strong is he for still being alive after all that he has been through? I was so hopeful with that call, and so disappointed when his phone died. It makes my heart ache that Avery feels so dirty and disgusting. I hope Matt is strong enough to deal with the emotional fall out when everything comes to light. That will be soon right? Avery is going to need a lot of emotional help.

 

Also, about Averys mom...did she really leave Avery? In the flashbacks she seemed to love Avery. How could she leave and never try to contact him? I think crazy dad did something to her and that's when he cracked and started hurting Avery....just a thought.

Link to comment

Wait a second....if an police operator got a phone call from someone obviously in shock, wouldn't they send someone there?

Link to comment
On 01/16/2015 12:50 AM, Chezakeeba said:
Wait a second....if an police operator got a phone call from someone obviously in shock, wouldn't they send someone there?
Yes, they were attempting to, but the phone died before they could determine where (at least that's what I imagined happened). In real life, they may have been able to trace the phone's signal faster and get a better position. Basically, I figure that EMS searched the general area for him. Actually, in retrospect now, EMS would probably show up at William's door checking for Avery, but of course William's going to deny he's there. They would probably have continued to comb the woods and stuff. Of course, I'd need to add in William realizing that Avery had a phone, and that wouldn't be good for Avery either. You've given me something to think about, that I probably need to clarify/explain better. Thanks so much for reviewing and commenting--it helps me to see things I missed or could make better!!
Link to comment
On 01/16/2015 12:49 AM, LitLover said:
That chapter left me feeling emotionally wrung out and sad. I could not imagine being Avery. How strong is he for still being alive after all that he has been through? I was so hopeful with that call, and so disappointed when his phone died. It makes my heart ache that Avery feels so dirty and disgusting. I hope Matt is strong enough to deal with the emotional fall out when everything comes to light. That will be soon right? Avery is going to need a lot of emotional help.

 

Also, about Averys mom...did she really leave Avery? In the flashbacks she seemed to love Avery. How could she leave and never try to contact him? I think crazy dad did something to her and that's when he cracked and started hurting Avery....just a thought.

The light is coming soon. A little bit lighter chapter is coming up next. Time-wise there is less than a week to go. Avery has a few days left of the holiday to recover before going to school.

 

And yes, his mom did leave, but was unable to take Avery at the time because Carl wouldn't let her. She did try to come back...but didn't make it.

Link to comment

Saw the chapter added this morning as I was pouring my 2nd cup of coffee. Immediately switched to a screwdriver--knew I'd need it to get through this chapter.

Avery continues to amaze with his strength and endurance. Emotionally, all he can do is block it out/shut down the input. And yet, for just a kid, he's handing this insanity far better than many adults. (I'm thinking especially of prisoners of war and their environ.) But the damage he's incurring emotional is staggering.

There's a special spot in hell for William and Avery's dad.....

Promise me there's better days ahead. Promise me I'm not gonna hafta enroll in a 12-step program to make it through the end of the story.

Engrossing, solid writing!

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

What a powerful chapter. I find it unlikely that 911 would have had time to find out more than a general cell tower location for the phone. I doubt that they would contact William. Having worked in law enforcement in the past, you have to be aware of the volume of calls 911 gets and the amount of resources that they can expend on these calls. They would have a record of the number which would cause them to contact Matt since the phone is on his plan. Perhaps that could be a vehicle to help bring this abuse into the light. It is a shame that so many victims are too ashamed to report abuse. Many see it as their fault. They need someone they can trust enough to help them. Poor Avery. What a strong kid. Now if he can only channel that strength and trust Matt to help him. William and Avery's dad need to be in prison and find out first hand what it's like to be in Avery's position.

Link to comment

I hate to say this but I really don't like this story and that's saying a lot coming from me. It's too painful and sad. Somebody needs to rescue this poor kid, soon. Or else he's gonna go postal on his dad. Heyyyyy......that's an excellent idea!!

Link to comment

Oh well, even if Avery's call didn't make it through, he still has the phone, and he can charge it as soon as he gets home. He can even use it to get evidence of what his dad's doing, so hopefully Matt finds out and can convince him that it's not his fault!

Link to comment
On 01/16/2015 02:31 AM, Robert Rex said:
Saw the chapter added this morning as I was pouring my 2nd cup of coffee. Immediately switched to a screwdriver--knew I'd need it to get through this chapter.

Avery continues to amaze with his strength and endurance. Emotionally, all he can do is block it out/shut down the input. And yet, for just a kid, he's handing this insanity far better than many adults. (I'm thinking especially of prisoners of war and their environ.) But the damage he's incurring emotional is staggering.

There's a special spot in hell for William and Avery's dad.....

Promise me there's better days ahead. Promise me I'm not gonna hafta enroll in a 12-step program to make it through the end of the story.

Engrossing, solid writing!

Yes, I promise a HEA! And at least you got juice in with your breakfast!
Link to comment
On 01/16/2015 04:16 AM, drpaladin said:
What a powerful chapter. I find it unlikely that 911 would have had time to find out more than a general cell tower location for the phone. I doubt that they would contact William. Having worked in law enforcement in the past, you have to be aware of the volume of calls 911 gets and the amount of resources that they can expend on these calls. They would have a record of the number which would cause them to contact Matt since the phone is on his plan. Perhaps that could be a vehicle to help bring this abuse into the light. It is a shame that so many victims are too ashamed to report abuse. Many see it as their fault. They need someone they can trust enough to help them. Poor Avery. What a strong kid. Now if he can only channel that strength and trust Matt to help him. William and Avery's dad need to be in prison and find out first hand what it's like to be in Avery's position.
Thanks for your insight on EMS. I was thinking the same thing, that they would have a hard time tracing him down. I didn't think about them having the number and tracking it back to Matt--that might be something to think about adding in... Thanks so much for taking the time to review!
Link to comment
On 01/16/2015 07:26 AM, LadyDe said:
I hate to say this but I really don't like this story and that's saying a lot coming from me. It's too painful and sad. Somebody needs to rescue this poor kid, soon. Or else he's gonna go postal on his dad. Heyyyyy......that's an excellent idea!!
I'm very sorry. I know it is a hard read (one of the reasons I debated even posting it and tried to make sure I offered as many warnings as possible). I do promise a HEA though!
Link to comment
On 01/16/2015 08:53 AM, faxity said:
Oh well, even if Avery's call didn't make it through, he still has the phone, and he can charge it as soon as he gets home. He can even use it to get evidence of what his dad's doing, so hopefully Matt finds out and can convince him that it's not his fault!
The phone does play a part in his rescue... :)

I think the convincing it's not his fault is what's going to take some time and therapy...

Link to comment

Hmmm, I thought 911 calls automatically use a caller ID system, but I could be totally wrong. I wonder if they tracked the phone to Matt and Matt has been trying to call/text Avery, but since the battery is dead, he can't get through. Maybe once Avery sticks it on the charger he'll see all these worried messages. Just a thought.

 

Ok, patiently (well, not-so-patiently, Mom!), waiting for tomorrow's chapter. :)

Link to comment
On 01/16/2015 11:29 AM, Lisa said:
Hmmm, I thought 911 calls automatically use a caller ID system, but I could be totally wrong. I wonder if they tracked the phone to Matt and Matt has been trying to call/text Avery, but since the battery is dead, he can't get through. Maybe once Avery sticks it on the charger he'll see all these worried messages. Just a thought.

 

Ok, patiently (well, not-so-patiently, Mom!), waiting for tomorrow's chapter. :)

You and all the others have very good points about that phone call. So last night, I spent 11pm to 1am fixing chapter 13 to hopefully make what happened with the phone call work better. I just love when reviews make me see something I missed explaining, it's so helpful in making the story better (I hope anyway). Hope you enjoy the next chapter!
Link to comment

I don't think it's unlikely that he wasn't on the line long enough to get a trace. Please God, let the sherriff get the message and hear Avery and know it's got to be Avery and he should go to question him. And kid, you just heard you'll be sent back, so if he doesn't go to Matt or not lie to the police.....there I proof on your body, plenty of it, then I don't get it. It's not like he has Stockholm syndrome with Deglassio. He may not think they'll believe him but iwht those wounds...you can't explain that away as well as choke marks. So he better tell someone or I will be convinced he's stupid. Actually, I'd think he'd want to prevent himself from dying possibly the next time. He'd have to be scared enough! So please don't have him hide it ....it wouldn't fit well for me!!!

Link to comment
On 01/17/2015 02:06 PM, Cannd said:
I don't think it's unlikely that he wasn't on the line long enough to get a trace. Please God, let the sherriff get the message and hear Avery and know it's got to be Avery and he should go to question him. And kid, you just heard you'll be sent back, so if he doesn't go to Matt or not lie to the police.....there I proof on your body, plenty of it, then I don't get it. It's not like he has Stockholm syndrome with Deglassio. He may not think they'll believe him but iwht those wounds...you can't explain that away as well as choke marks. So he better tell someone or I will be convinced he's stupid. Actually, I'd think he'd want to prevent himself from dying possibly the next time. He'd have to be scared enough! So please don't have him hide it ....it wouldn't fit well for me!!!
Well, it is actually possible that he wasn't on the phone long enough to trace it to an actual location--which is why I went with them tracing it to Matt. I know you may feel Avery is "stupid" if he doesn't tell someone, but there are MANY abuse victims who don't say anything for years, if ever. It is very hard for someone so psychologically abused to admit it. I know this as my best friend was abused for years by her father (I didn't know her until college though), and she never reported it to authorities, although she did eventually move out and lived with her grandparents. I'm sorry if you feel Avery isn't reacting the way you or I might. He's an abuse victim, and many of them are very afraid to report it, for fear of shame and many other reasons. I see the phone call as a moment where he panicked because he was with Degasio, but once at home 'relatively safe' in his familiar environment, he reverts back to what he knows best--hiding.
Link to comment

I don't mind crying, but I hate crying about a child. My heart broke for Avery, and the tears won't stop. I had some hope with the phone call but it was not to be. I got behind in my reading, but it felt like I never left this story, so Kudos on your writing... I'm counting on you... cheers... Gary

Link to comment
On 04/06/2015 11:42 AM, Headstall said:
I don't mind crying, but I hate crying about a child. My heart broke for Avery, and the tears won't stop. I had some hope with the phone call but it was not to be. I got behind in my reading, but it felt like I never left this story, so Kudos on your writing... I'm counting on you... cheers... Gary
Thank you, hang in there! You're almost there.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..