Jump to content
    Doctor Oger
  • Author
  • 172 Words
  • 642 Views
  • 4 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Sock Drawer - 20. My Lord Blood Gem

My Lord Blood Gem

 

Savvy - ha - has a slightly different meaning now.

It's getting so much charity, from you of all people.

Are you bedazzled? By something I can't see.

It's something you are giving me,

and for your greatest gift I vow

to never claim back clarity.

 

Red mist begets more of itself, and covers our eyes.

And what soft moss it is, softly tempting to never get up.

Lying in it, watching blood gem ease questions to sleep,

I dare to glory in his deep,

piercing shine, and what he scries

is that we're both suitors.

 

So much my equal, but still more, you're a lord.

But on my marsh ground you repose, right next to me.

Something tingles at the rays from flowing stone.

Might be the grace that you have shown,

shone and gleamed on us -

and there's more to it, the thing I can't see.

That's why I can't find the word

that means what I chose.

Copyright © 2017 Doctor Oger; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This text exudes richness and substance. The poem is like a wonderfully complex red wine, with shades and nuances and tastes that will change with reading and re reading. It is an awesome thing you have written, Doctor.

Link to comment
On 01/14/2016 11:49 PM, Parker Owens said:

This text exudes richness and substance. The poem is like a wonderfully complex red wine, with shades and nuances and tastes that will change with reading and re reading. It is an awesome thing you have written, Doctor.

Phew, thank you. I was worried it had far too much removed imagery and mood to be readable, that it just reads like a hot mess of homemade symbols that couldn't possibly make any sense to anyone but myself.

I'm really relieved you could find something in it. (Something else with each read, as it seems.)

Link to comment

Yeah, I'll go with what Parker said! :D

 

Ok, you asked for it, Doc, and now you've got it: a review I wouldn't normally write. It was a very good poem, but at the expense of sounding stupid, it was too deep for me! lol

 

I'll read chapter 21 now. :P

Link to comment
On 01/15/2016 10:47 AM, Lisa said:

Yeah, I'll go with what Parker said! :D

 

Ok, you asked for it, Doc, and now you've got it: a review I wouldn't normally write. It was a very good poem, but at the expense of sounding stupid, it was too deep for me! lol

 

I'll read chapter 21 now. :P

No, as I said in response to Parker, it was probably just too personalised. I'm still fairly certain that no one reading this actually imagines the same things I did when I wrote it. But that doesn't really matter for this text, as long as the reader sees *something*. And see, now you've confirmed that I went over the top here and that's what I need from a review, honest critique when something's off!

So thank you very much!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..