Jump to content

Dance over the Thunderclouds

   (1 review)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Coming of Age
Cover w lettering.jpg

A young boy tries to live his life, that becomes an emotional roller coaster. But...can one really call this a life?

Contains explicit erotic scenes and matters concerning mental health
 
©Copyright 2022, Georgie D'Hainaut; ©Copyright cover 2022 Miki Ataullin

Story Recommendations (1 member)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 1
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 1
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Luca E

  

Dance over the Thunderclouds by Georgie D Hainaut is a gritty, realistic portrayal of a descent into hell. The story of one boy's abuse and struggle through the depths of mental illness. A tragedy which plunges the reader into a dark world which brings you face to face with an uncomfortable and challenging reality. 

However, even with the dark theme this story in it's own way is uplifting. There may be no happy ending, but there are moments of joy and hapiness. The constant struggle with personal demons is always there, but at the same time, there are those rare individuals willing to go the course and offer their friendship, love, and help.

This is a very human tale, told in a very sensitive way, and it cannot fail to touch you. It may make you look at how you view mental illness, it may make you angry, it will definitely raise strong emotions. It's a rollercoaster, but compelling, no matter the grim realism.

A final word, English is not the author's mother tongue and for this you need to make a certain allowance. Having said that, the story is very understandable and not difficult to read, apart from the subject matter itself. In my opinion this story raises itself above the average and might easily gain a literary prize, at the very least you ought to take a look so long as you want to read a real life tragedy and can cope with the intensity.

  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..