Jump to content

Savage Beasts 2. Werebears in America

   (7 reviews)
Savage Beasts

Humans must be kindred and have the dormant genetic code in order to be turned into a werebear.  But, what happens if a werebear tries to turn a non-kindred human?  And, what happens if that werebear tries to create an entire army of half human, half bear monsters to exact revenge on the secret lycan community?  It will take an army of noble werebears to stop his evil plans and fight back.

Copyright © 2021 Grumpy Bear; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (21 members)

  • Action Packed 21
  • Addictive/Pacing 19
  • Characters 20
  • Chills 6
  • Cliffhanger 12
  • Compelling 8
  • Feel-Good 7
  • Humor 7
  • Smoldering 11
  • Tearjerker 9
  • Unique 16
  • World Building 12

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Blue Fan Lady

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Absolutely enjoyed this story - even the scary parts didn't have me sleeping with the lights on as I had to keep reading and didn't sleep!! Short enough to binge read in one sitting and long enough to tell an action packed story that left me wanting more. Highly recommend this collection of stories 

  • Love 1
Link to review
Matthew Ross

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Second book, tearing up still at the end of it. Oh gosh two more to go, definitely worth the read!

  • Love 1
Link to review
raven1

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Savage Beasts is a well written sequel to Trophy Cub.  It begins with Gunnar and his Cub Mike trying to establish a life together in a more normal fashion.  Mike begins to wonder what will happen in the future as they become settled in their new home.  Will they become bored and lose interest?  This book is a resounding NO! to his question.

In this unique shifter world of werebears and wolves @Grumpy Bear has created, there are many dangerous and fatal confrontations and battles.  (Watch for chapter warnings.)  The wonderful characters and their allies are written with empathy and understanding.  The description of events places the reader right in the middle of the action.  It is a compelling tale of love, heroism, hate and reconciliation.  It is a story of hope and the reestablishment of heritage.  There isn't a box that is left unchecked in the recommendations, but action packed and characters are the strongest traits of this story.

  • Love 1
Link to review
Straycat

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Just wow!  And I thought the first book was exciting!  I could not put this down. Action packed from the first chapter.  This story took me on an adventure with twists and turns I wasn’t expecting. I’m starting to really like Werebears and now  will be keeping a eyebrow raised at the next bear night at the local club 😉

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
centexhairysub

· Edited by centexhairysub

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This is the second book in the Werebears in America series, I hope there are many more to come.  While the first book had a definite edge; this one is razor sharp.  There are elements of real horror and even on a few occasions a macabre nature.  I found some of the scenes in a few chapters disturbing and few things do that to me.  That said, do not let me put you off reading this book.  It is well written and flows beautifully.  

We get a number of characters from the first book back and meet some new additions; some grand and one or two rather mad and annoying, but once you read the story you realize why they are that way, at least enough to explain their tortured behavior.  

This is a story full of adventure and in no small part, redemption.  It shows what we all should strive for; but most don't in the end, it is just easier to be average.  There is nothing average about this story or the heroes within.

  • Love 3
Link to review
astone2292

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

The sequel to Trophy Cub, we pick up Gunnar and Mike's lives almost immediately. Familiar faces come to handle a new threat to our heroes and their way of life. Vile creatures, ones missing from history reappear, and it takes everything Gunnar, Mike, and all their friends have to combat them. 

This story is filled with heart-pounding drama. While not to the extent of the first book in this series, it isn't for the faint of heart. Scenes involving loss of life are included and the fear of more lurks around every corner. This story will have you on the edge of your seat, gripping the cushions so hard, your significant other might make you buy a new couch.

The love and humor from Trophy Cub comes along for the ride as well! These chapters can tickle your funny bone, or force you to take a cold shower. Emotion is packed into every sentence throughout this story.

Another excellent piece from Grumpy Bear, and is a must-read if Trophy Cub was your cup of tea. 

  • Love 3
Link to review
chris191070

· Edited by chris191070

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This is Book 2 in the Were-bears in America Series.

In this book we learn what happens if a non kindred human is bitten and what it takes to defeat them. It takes an army of noble bears to defeat these monsters.

This is another rollercoaster of an adventure for Gunnar, Mike, Tim, Sam and there friends new and old.

There are chapters in this story that will make you laugh, others that will make you grimace and some that will bring tears to your eyes.

A fantastic story from @Grumpy Bear that comes highly recommended.

  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..