Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Luke Hanson's Mind & Punishment: A Teen in Despair - 10. Chapter 10 - Bedroom Talk

Saturday 10:58pm - Luke


 

The connection between us is unlike anything else I have ever experienced. Sometimes we don't even need words to convey our feelings. When words are used, we finish each other's sentences. We seem to know what the other is thinking even before either of us says it. We have many things in common, of course, tons. The different talents we each have come together and fulfil one another. The things I lack in are the things he excels in so I can learn from him, and the things I am good in, he is happy to learn from me. Between the two of us together, we have everything we need to be truly happy. Everything suddenly makes more sense about the world, and it truly feels like it's meant to be. This is how love is supposed to feel, and everything else is just fiction.

Leander is my best friend and my biggest fan. He loves me with his whole heart and soul and would gladly give up their life for mine. It is an unconditional sort of love. The kind where I know I can make mistakes and mess up, but he will always be there for me. Leander doesn't play games or make me chase him. There is no room for such foolish things regarding a connection this strong and genuine. I never have to wonder about Leander's feelings for me because he will let me know every day and in every way possible. There is no lack of trust or communication in our soulmate connection. Leander cheers me on through life and is my biggest supporter. He helps me become the best possible version of myself; if I fall, he will pick me up and carry me. He will fight my battles for me and defend me to the moon and back. He is the definition of the best partner a person can have.

"Luke? Oh, Lukey?"

"Huh... what? Oh, sorry."

"I said do you want this last piece of pizza? Where did you go?"

I cleared my throat. "Oh, uh, just miles away. Sorry yes... I mean, no, you have it."

Taz looked at me and snorted. "You really left the planet there, didn't you? What were you thinking about?"

I shifted myself on Taz's bed into a cross-legged position facing him. "Do you think your soulmate is already chosen for you before you meet them?"

"Whoa, that's a deep question. I take it we're talking about Wonderboy here?"

"I was just thinking, and I could reel off half a life with Leander, and it seemed so... so natural. I know I'm dreaming, aren't I? It's a stupid question."

Taz chucked the pizza box to the side of his bed and folded his arms. "Uh, no... no, not at all. So you think there is such a thing?" he asked.

I sighed. "You do know this is gonna drive me mad."

Taz smiled. "You're too soft for your own good sometimes."

I laughed. "Shall I man up?"

Taz's face turned serious. "I do think you need to be realistic. But anyway, hold that thought because I really really need a pee."

I nodded, and Taz jumped off the bed, flinging open his door before disappearing in to the bathroom. I picked up my phone to check if I had any messages from Lee. But no, just something on WhatsApp. Hang on, I thought, clicking into the app.

[21:12] 0731267324: ur pal gave me ur number. Its Leander. I have to be careful, so please message me back if this is right?

I felt my face light up, and my hands start to shake as I read the message over and over again. It was real, I know it was, but my brain kept saying this was another daydream and that I was hallucinating. So I saved the number on my phone and messaged back to make sure it was real.

[23:02] Me: Hi, yes, this is Luke. Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I haven't looked at my phone!

Shit, is that it? Is that all I message? What else am I supposed to say?

Taz returned to the bedroom, saw my face, and looked at my phone, in my trembling hand.

"Looks like red came in," he said, grinning.

"Is that what you meant? You gave him my number? Why? And what did he say when you did?"

Taz rolled his eyes. "Well, I had to, didn't I? I mean, you've been waiting so long for this, it seems. At least that's how I read it. And when you said he walked off, I thought there was a chance that was because he had to get back to the fair, not your crazy thought that he was homophobic. Look, I rolled the dice. The worst that could have happened is that he ignored me or took the number and did nothing with it. If that had happened, then no harm would be done; you would never have to see him again in your whole life. But he's messaged you, so take that as a plus. And you're welcome!"

I just sat there listening, my smile getting bigger and bigger. I then couldn't hold it anymore. I lept over and landed on Taz, giving him the tightest hug I could muster, kissing him on the head.

"You're amazing; you know that?"

"Oh get off and stop slobbering. So, did you message back?"

"Yeah, I just said it's me. He said something about having to be careful, whatever that means."

"Guess you'll find out. What time does the fair finish, d'you think?"

"Hmm, let's find out, shall we?" I replied. "Google is our friend." I quickly typed in the fair and got a link to its website. "Uh, says here it closes at midnight."

"Well, you better wait until midnight then. But Luke, if you don't get anything tonight, don't freak out, okay? He might be knackered or busy."

"I'm not going to cry, stupid," I said bashfully.

"Oh no? What was that earlier then?"

"Okay, yeah, I was a bit emotional, but that was before. I'm okay now. At least, I think I am. Confused, but okay."

"Movie?"

I laughed in a goofy way. "I don't know if I could concentrate. Can we just chat?"

"Whatever you want, I'm easy. But I am gonna put Radio Liberty on in the background. DJ Globe is playing tonight in London, and they are recording it live."

"You've really been into him lately; anything special?"

"Just love his mixes. He's the fucking bollocks!"

~

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *  

~

It was getting on for midnight. Taz and I had been chatting quietly for the last hour or so, our bellies full and content. Taz was making me laugh every now and again, weaving his hands and bopping his head to the DJ he liked, and we had covered a range of topics.

I pulled up a pillow to get more comfortable and leaned against his headboard next to him.

"Ahhh, this is the life. Just like the old days, eh?"

"Meaning?" Taz responded, tapping away to the tune playing on his Bluetooth speaker.

"Well, just you, me, sitting on your bed, chatti...Oh my God, what is that?"

"What's what?" he asked as I pulled the pillow out from under my neck and studied it.

"Is that..."

Taz looked at the stain on his pillow that looked like PVA glue splatter.

"Oh, yeah, that."

"Wanna explain?" I asked as a teacher would to a child that's just drawn a picture of an anchor on the blackboard and put a big letter W to its left.

Taz shrugged. "It had been a few days, and the ending just happened to be a little more powerful than I expected."

"I'm just realising now that my face was inches away from your dry cum! Jesus, don't you wash your sheets anymore?"

Taz laughed. "Of course, look, just flip it over; it won't kill you."

"God, I'm surprised your bedding is not moving on its own accord with the amount of swimmers buried here."

"Oh, it's not that bad. I'm sure you've missed a few times."

"Depends on what is classed as not missed."

"Well, I'm a chest guy and.... oh my God, why are we having this conversation? Look, just swap your pillow with mine."

I did as he asked and threw it violently pretending to be disgusted with him.

"So, tomorrow, what are you doing?"

"No plans," Taz replied, shrugging. "Mum and Dad are going to see my Nan in the home at ten, so if you want, we can claim the garden, have a few beers and perhaps get one of those disposable barbecues?"

"You always make such good plans. I do need to go home at some point in the morning to shower and change. I can pick a barbie up from the petrol station on Yelston street if you like?"

"It's a done deal," Taz said, putting his thumb up. He then slapped a pillow over his face and let out a roar. "Man, it's so nice to get a Sunday off and not have to go to McTwats!"

"Why don't you look for another job? I hear Aldi pay well, and our local one is looking for staff."

"Nah, my next job is going to be something I really want to do. I was thinking about taking an apprenticeship in plumbing or electrics. I think I'm good with my hands. So I spoke to Mum and Dad about it. They said they would lower my rent so I could make the cut to do something like that."

I nodded and pulled my lips down. "Go for it if it makes you happy."

"What about you, still like it at Saunders?"

"It's easy, Taz. And Derek is cool. The money is shocking, but it's not far from home. I know Lee's family, so it's a really chilled-out job. Although Derek can be a taskmaster sometimes."

"Aww, I love Derek. He's so dry. I love how he pretends to be this posh old man that lives in the past, but he's really not." Taz said, chuckling.

"Hey, Taz, can I tell you something?"

"What another surprise?" Taz replied, his eyes wide.

"This one is more fucked up."

Taz hitched a breath. "Oh no, You sexually assaulted me in my sleep?"

I gave Taz my best-unimpressed look. "You seem to have a thing about that. Does the image secretly turn you on?"

Taz giggled. "Hmm, i'll need some time to think about that. I'll get back to you. Naaaah, I'm pulling your chain! So anyway, what is it?"

"Well, you know that stalker I told you about, Ben Flowers? I'm not sure what to do about it. He's kinda gone to a new level, and whereas I found it amusing before, this is just creepy."

Taz raised a brow. "What's he done?"

"Well firstly, I'm not so sure It's Ben. Well, at least I'm not sure of anything with it."

"So what are we talking about here? Is the following you?"

"No... well, sort of, I've never seen him. It's just the messages. I got one the other day that freaked me out because... well, he was near my house."

I showed Taz the messages the guy had sent and explained the conversation with my Dad in the garden.

"That's fucked, Luke. You should tell your Dad and go to the police. I told you about this before, and you've left it. Now look."

"Pfft, they won't be interested. Not until my life is in danger. It's not like the guy has threatened to kill me."

"Luke, he's spying on you and sending sick messages admitting it. Of course, they will be interested. The least you can do is block him."

"I did think about blocking him, but I was having a laugh reading the messages he sent at first. But now he's... well, escalated things. So Look, I went on Facebook, and his privacy setting are quite loose, so I can see the stuff he does, like with family and friends. He just seems like a normal nice guy. But look at this, he has two accounts." I showed Taz my phone. "So this is his Facebook account, yeah? see all the friends, pictures and stuff?"

"Okay."

"And this is the account he sends the messages from. See? No pictures, no friends. Just his name. I mean, anyone could do that, right?"

"I see what you're saying, but why choose his name, why him in general?"

"That's the mystery. Which is why I was so sure it was really him because nobody knows our thing that happened in..." I cleared my throat. "Well, that happened at school."

"Look, just block the number Luke, If nothing else. If you're not going to tell your Dad about it or go to the police, at the very least, cut off his ability to message you, and maybe it will stop."

I looked at my phone and did what Taz said. Maybe it would stop. I think it will because Taz said, so it must be true. As soon as I had done that, WhatsApp pinged me.

[00:28] Leander: Can we meet? I'll explain.
[00:29] Me: Now?
[00:29] Leander: just shutting things down. sorry I know it's late, but you've been on my mind all night.
[00:30] Me: Do I come to the fair?
[00:30] Leander. No! please don't do that. Can we meet at Macky park, you know the one with the conker trees?
[00:31] Me: Uh, yeah sure. are you not tired?
[00:31] Leander: like you wouldn't believe.
[00:32] Me: Should I leave now?
[00:33] Leander. Depends on where you live LOL. meet me at 1 if you can?
[00:33] Me: In that case, I'm on my way.

Taz was staring at me, my quick texting and smile apparent as to who I was talking to.

"All okay?" he asked. I looked up at him, and my face fell serious.

"He wants to meet me."

"Really?" Taz said, excited for me.

"Yeah, I need to go."

"What? He wants to meet you NOW? In the middle of the night?"

"Erm, yeah. He wants to meet now." I replied, shaking my head and looking down at my phone.

Copyright © 2022 James Matthews; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 15
  • Love 11
  • Wow 4
Trying a different style and a couple of new things in this book and my only benchmark on how that is going is you, my loyal readers. So I have a small favour. Please do click a like if you're enjoying the story and please do recommend the book. If you have a thought or comment I'd be made up to hear what you think. All feedback is relished and of course I do love hearing your ideas, opinions and banter. Many thanks, folks! Now, let go forth on to the next chapter :) 
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I have to admit I'm surprised about Leander wanting to meet at 1 A.M.

Call this my unhealthy overactive imagination.Any chance the stalker might have been close by enough to know what was going on in Luke's world?You know where I'm going with this?Any chance the texts are from him using a burner phone instead of Leander?OMG what if it's Leo or Lee?Okay I'll stop here

 

  • Haha 4
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

It’s just after Leander is getting off work. So probably a normal time for him.

and he may not be out, so that’s a concern for him.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

I can already feel the electricity between Luke and Leander ! I think Taz will confront the stalker! So much scope for this story, I am really enjoying where it’s going !

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, RicciRiccardo said:

I can already feel the electricity between Luke and Leander ! I think Taz will confront the stalker! So much scope for this story, I am really enjoying where it’s going !

Thanks Ricci,

Great to hear you're enjoying the Storyline. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
34 minutes ago, VBlew said:

It’s just after Leander is getting off work. So probably a normal time for him.

and he may not be out, so that’s a concern for him.

I think you have those points right on the nail. Thanks for the comments Vblew :)

  • Love 3
Link to comment

If the stalker is spying on Luke, might he not follow him to the park?  Again, I am impressed how Taz is able to center Luke.  He's such a good friend!

  • Love 4
Link to comment

At the least the stalkers phone has been blocked, now let's see if the texts continue...Good on Leander reaching out and the time is convenient as he is just out of work...

Found the following hilarious...

Taz looked at the stain on his pillow that looked like PVA glue platter.

"Oh, yeah, that."

"Wanna explain?" I asked as a teacher would to a child that's just drawn a picture of an anchor on the blackboard and put a big letter W to its left.

Taz shrugged. "It had been a few days, and the ending just happened to be a little more powerful than I expected."

"I'm just realising now that my face was inches away from your dry cum! Jesus, don't you wash your sheets anymore?"

Taz laughed. "Of course, look, just flip it over; it won't kill you."

"God, I'm surprised your bedding is not moving on its own accord with the amount of swimmers buried here."

"Oh, it's not that bad. I'm sure you've missed a few times."

"Depends on what is classed as not missed."

  • Love 3
Link to comment
17 minutes ago, drsawzall said:

At the least the stalkers phone has been blocked, now let's see if the texts continue...Good on Leander reaching out and the time is convenient as he is just out of work...

Found the following hilarious...

Taz looked at the stain on his pillow that looked like PVA glue platter.

"Oh, yeah, that."

"Wanna explain?" I asked as a teacher would to a child that's just drawn a picture of an anchor on the blackboard and put a big letter W to its left.

Taz shrugged. "It had been a few days, and the ending just happened to be a little more powerful than I expected."

"I'm just realising now that my face was inches away from your dry cum! Jesus, don't you wash your sheets anymore?"

Taz laughed. "Of course, look, just flip it over; it won't kill you."

"God, I'm surprised your bedding is not moving on its own accord with the amount of swimmers buried here."

"Oh, it's not that bad. I'm sure you've missed a few times."

"Depends on what is classed as not missed."

I've dramatised it a little, but that scene actually played out in real life!

  • Love 3
Link to comment

Thank you so much for all your really beautiful comments so far folks, I really really do appreciate the warm buzz I get when I receive the feedback. Loving hearing about the parts you like especially, and the banter as usual. This story didn't even exist in my head until a few weeks ago, so i'm glad it's going down well with you all. Please by all means be critical too if you think it's constructive. I relish all feedback on all my work.

I have just queued up chapter 13 and writing 14 tonight, so there is plenty more to come :)

James

 

Edited by James Matthews
  • Love 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..