Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Luke Hanson's Mind & Punishment: A Teen in Despair - 25. Chapter 25 - Set Loose

This chapter contains scenes that some sensitive readers may find triggering.

Monday 2:03pm - Luke


 

I pulled over to the left of the road and bumped my car up onto the grassy edge. Then, still looking in my mirror and eyeing the carpet hanging out the back of Leander's truck, I stopped.

They didn't even push it all the way on. So what was that all about? My mind ran rapidly, speaking to me.

After putting the car in reverse, I backed up slowly until I was level with Bear's truck. Seeing the discolouration splattered all over the material, I put my hand to my mouth without even realising it. Although I didn't have any 'CSI' expertise, even I knew those were blood stains. The question is, why was that roll in his truck?

I left the car running and got out, walking the half-dozen or so feet to Bear's vehicle. As I was inspecting the once beige patterned carpet, a chubby man came marching towards me, looking like he was on a mission.

"Hey, YOU! This is private property, get going, or your fluids will join that rug you're gorping at," he shouted, showing his relatively sparse set of front teeth.

I titled my head, sizing the guy up. He was big... fat big. Looked nasty, like something out of an old Victorian mine.

"I need to speak to Leander," I said, backing off just a bit and onto the road. "Is he around?"

The man smiled at me, or through me, I couldn't tell. "I'm afraid he is, well, how can I put this? He's having a nap."

I creased my head. "A nap?" I asked, surprised. Leander should have been working with the others. If I knew Clyde, which was not a given, he would have had everyone working flat out to get the fair closed down.

"Well, go and wake him up; this is important," I demanded, looking at the rolled-up carpet again. The sweaty fat man came towards me, his face not impressed looking.

"Get the fuck off this land."

"Actually, I am now on a public road, so I can stand where I want. I will call Leander, and if he does not pick up, I will enter your grounds and look for him myself."

The man did a huge belly laugh, clutching at his stomach. "Haha, good one! You and who's fucking army?" he said, still chuckling. "Fuck off, boy; you don't know what you're getting into."

With those words, he started to walk back. I followed, having had enough of this shit. I wanted to speak to Clyde. He was the only one who could make sense of all this if I was 'barred' from seeing Leander.

The guy was about to walk through the entrance when he turned around and threw me to the floor. I went into a roll and landed safely, but it was still a shock. I was just getting myself up when Clyde came to the gate and stood before me until I was on my feet again.

"Oh, it's the love sick one, come to meddle again," Clyde said, smiling falsely. "Luke, I have a lot of patience, but it's running out. I kinda like you; really, I do; you're a good kid. However, you are starting to cause me grief, and when that happens, bad things happen, as Bear found out. Now, be on your way like a good boy, yeah? Or Yeltsin here might break something attached to you."

I rubbed the dead grass off my knees and took a deep breath. "I just want to see Bear to make sure he is okay. Parts of your family seem to have a thing with violence, Clyde. That would be terrible publicity for your business, don't you think?" I said, rather impressed with my own bravery.

Clyde shook his head. "Don't play that game, Luke. You're better than that. Look, Leander is... a little unwell, but he'll be right as rain soon, ready for Wales. I'm sorry to say, the time for happy families is over between you two. He'll leave with us shortly, and I don't expect you to be here."

"Unwell? Just unwell? You're lying," I said, looking back at the blood-stained rug. "Why is that rug covered in blood?"

Clyde sighed. "Our dear Bear was a bit of a naughty boy and lied to his family. It's just a little scuff, and he'll be fine. NOW FUCK OFF! Patience at ZERO, Luke!"

I reeled back in surprise. So this was Clyde? This was the man who said there would be no more fear, no more Scott Sheperd mentality? I stepped back a few paces just to give myself room. "I wanna see him. If you don't let me see him, I'm calling the police."

Clyde laughed. "The police know better than to come here. Have you ever seen the police come here, Luke? In all your visits, have you ever WONDERED why the police don't come here? Have you ever wondered why we were happy to take your friend... oh, what's his name. The flower guy? Ben Flowers, I recall now. Luke, listen very carefully. The POLICE have NO POWER here." Clyde began to get irritated, judging by his body language and the fact he was now stubbing at the ground with his boot. His throat tightened as he sighed, "Luke, you win, yeah? You know what?"

"What," I grunted, just about tired of his voice.

"After thinking about it, seeing you here, I think I've changed my mind about our dear Brother. I have a feeling his total obsession with you will eventually spill out, and he'll betray his family anyway... again. So, you know what? Sure, if you really want him, I'm going to cut him loose as a Sheperd, and you two can do whatever the merrily fuck you want. If you could just get the fuck off Sheperd land, I'll fetch him out to you. Go wait by your car, okay?"

"Yeah, you only rent the land, get your facts straight," I muttered into myself.

"What?" Clyde said, his eyes narrowing.

"I said, you won't bring him! I don't believe you."

Clyde grinned and started nodding. "Oh, I'll bring him. In fact, I will NEED to bring him as he can't bring himself. Now wait by your car, and I'll have young Yeltsin here... dispatch Leander for you. Yeltsin? Get Bear, and then get this fucker out of my fairground!"

They both walked inside and slammed the main gate, locking me out. I was about to shit myself in absolute terms, and my whole body was now trembling as if I was sitting on a spinning washing machine. Suddenly, I felt like throwing up. I didn't do confrontation; this was around a lifetime's exposure I just got in ten minutes.

~

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *  

~

Group chat - The Kids

[14:21] Me: Guys, this is an emergency. I need you now like I have never needed you all before. Please drop whatever you are doing and get to Shepherds Fair!!! I waited patiently by my car for anyone to answer. There were no ticks. No fucking ticks, COME ON! I screamed inside. Then a bleep.

[14:23] Leo: Hey, what's up dude? why the excitement?
[14:23] Me: Please just get here.
[14:23] Leo: Just leaving a drivethru for lunch. I'm on it!

Apart from Leo, no one else had seen my message. I knew Taz was working, so he might not have had his phone on him. Lee? I didn't know, having not seen him for ages. And so it remained just Leo who was coming to my rescue. I chucked my phone on the car seat and started to get angry. What the fuck was taking so long, I thought? But then I looked up and saw someone being wheeled out of the entrance.

"Oh my fucking God, what have you done?!" I shouted, running towards two men who were wheeling a limp-looking Leander towards me in a wheelchair. Something was around his neck. It looked like a crude sign that had been written on complete with bad spelling.

The man with the wheelchair gave it a considerable shove sending Leander hurtling toward me. I managed to dive to the floor and stop the chair from going into the road. I was about to lose my shit with the two guys who had brought him out, but they casually walked back to the entrance.

"YOU FUCKING ANIMALS!!" I yelled, so loud my voice distorted.

Against Leander's bare chest was a piece of cardboard hanging from some thin wire around his neck. I read what it said, and tears began to roll down my cheeks.

When you regane
conshiesness take your
blud stained carpet
to the dump. clamp is off!

I undid the sign from his neck and threw it in the entrance direction, before getting on my knees in front of Leander. He was completely naked, just slumped. His eyes were so swollen and blue that I didn't know if he was awake or not. It was that bad. My morbid brain decided he was dead. He looked dead... so damaged, almost unrecognisable.

I shook his knees. "Bear! Bear, wake up. Can you hear me?"

There was nothing. I ran to my car and grabbed my phone, dialling 999. Once I had clamped it to my ear, I got down again and put my hand in Leander's. He had bruises on every inch of his body. Some black, some blue, some orange. His lip was split, and he had a gash on his head, causing blood to trickle down to his chin and drip off onto his stomach.

"Emergency, which service, please?"

"Uh, ambulance, please, my friend, he's been very badly beaten up. I need an ambulance here as quick as possible."

"Okay, now I need to ask you a few questions so we can get the best help for your friend. First, can you tell me their name, and if the patient is conscious?"

"His name is Leander...Leander Sheperd. And, erm, no, no, I don't think so. He's slumped in a wheelchair at the moment."

"Can you put your lips close to his and tell me if you feel any air coming from them?"

"Oh, yeah, one sec. Just gimme a moment," I replied, wiping tears from my eyes.

"Take your time; I am dispatching an Ambulance to your location. You are at Hunton Farm Road, yes?"

"That's right, The Sheperd Fair. So send the ambulance to the Sheperd Fair. It's on Google maps."

"We're aware of your location. May I have your name and the state of the patient's breathing?"

"Erm, yes, my name is Luke. Uh.. erm, I can feel his breath on my lips."

"That's good, Luke. Now is there anything causing any blood loss right now? Something more than weeping or scratched."

"Well, erm, he has a gash on his head, yeah. What should I do?"

"Do you have anything that could be used as a makeshift bandage near you or, even better, a first aid kit?"

"Erm, no, I'm in the middle of a farmers lane, I... oh hold on... my t-shirt. I'm putting the phone on the ground, one sec. I'll put you on speaker."

I ripped off my t-shirt, tore it through the middle, and then again at the neck, making two strips of material. I made one part into a padded cushion and tied the other part around Leander's head.

"Okay, I have placed my t-shirt on the wound; it seems to have stopped the blood."

"That's great, Luke; you are doing great. I have the ambulance about five minutes away. Unfortunately, due to the nature of your call, we have also dispatched a police unit to your location."

"No... no police," I heard Leander squeak out, barely audible.

"Shit, you're awake, thank God."

"Luke, please, tell them no police."

Leander's words were quiet and slow, and he sounded in a lot of pain.

"Erm, excuse me. Err, the patient, Leander. Well, he asked for the police to not come," I said, looking at Leander and nodding.

"With an assault, it's standard procedure, Luke. We have to send them as you have reported an assault. Please keep this line open until the ambulance is with you, then you may hang up."

"FUCK!" I mouthed silently, jolting my head forward. I put my phone momentarily on mute. "I'm sorry, Bear. I didn't know what else to do; I had to tell them what was wrong with you."

Leander said nothing... did nothing; he just sat there, still. I could not see if he was looking at anything because they had beat his face up real bad.

In the distance travelling at quite a speed, I saw a car kicking up dust as it travelled towards us. By the rate of knots it was going; I suspected Leo - Which, as the vehicle got closer, was confirmed. Leo skidded to a stop and rushed out. He looked at Leander for about three seconds and then ran to the side of the road and threw up.

Great!

"What the fuck, man, what the fuck have they done to the poor dude. Is he dead?" Leo asked, like a bull in a china shop.

"Shhhh, of course he's not dead!! Have you got anything in your car I can cover him up with?"

"Uuuuhhh, I dunno, man. Erm? Oh, yeah... yeah, I have my dog's blanket; I always keep it in the car for when she goes to the beach."

I stared at Leo, expecting him to be already on his way to his car, but he was frozen to the spot gorping at Leander.

"Well, can you get it then?" I asked impatiently.

"Erm... uh, yeah sure, uh yes, I'll get it."

Leo quickly fetched the blanket and tossed it at me. I wrapped it around Leander's body, covering up as much as possible, giving him back some of his dignity.

"Thanks," he whispered, even managing a slight but noticeable smile.

"I have a good mind to fucking torch that place and everyone in it. Those scum! I'm sorry, I am so sorry," I said, bursting into tears.

Looking like an excruciating act, Leander reached for my hand and took it in his before trying to squeeze it, but he had to let go. His face etched out a pained expression, dropping his hand back to his lap.

"Dude, like, who did this to you. You have been done up pretty bad?"

I turned to look at Leo, anger in my eyes. Not at Leo, but the answer to his question. "The people who did this, Leo, are the people that should show nothing but love to him. His family did this. Those scumbags are in there. And I'm sorry, Bear, but your fucking mother has a lot, and I mean A LOT, to answer for in all this. Where the fuck was she when this was happening?"

"Uh, Luke? I ain't no expert in beat-up people, but he probably don't wanna hear this at the moment," Leo said, uncharacteristically maturely.

I looked up and saw the ambulance speeding towards us, coming from the main town. It was silent, but its blue lights were on, which gave me hope that they were treating this as a priority.

When the ambulance stopped, both Paramedics stepped out of the back and walked over to Leander's wheelchair. A Paramedic with a green bag got down on her knees and assessed him.

"Hmm, quite some bumps there, young man. Can you tell me your name?"

"Leander."

"Okay, Leander, now I'm not interested in how you got like this, that will be for the police, but I do need to know if you have taken any substances that we might need to know about?"

I heard that and was incensed. I stepped over to the woman asking the question. "Excuse me, this ain't no fucking bar fight; he had the shit kicked out of him by his own family. Do you think he started this or something? Because that's the way you're wording your questioning."

The paramedic looked up at me, almost shocked I'd questioned her. "All we know is that he's been assaulted, not the detail. These are standard questions."

"But please, at least treat him like a victim instead of thinking he is some drugged-up drunk who has got into a fight of his own accord. You might wanna adjust your stance, lady!"

Leo pulled me away to let them get on with what they were doing. I leaned against my car and kicked back at the door, probably putting another dent in it.

"They're just doing their job, yeah? No need to blow the main fuse, Lukey! He's gonna be fine, you know? It's just bruises. They go away after a while."

I had to smile at Leo's comment, knowing exactly why he would have such knowledge of bruise longevity, seeing as he was in a fight at school every day that ended with a Y.

"Grrr, those fucking people Leo!.. Whoa, hang on, Taz is calling me...ahh shit, and now the police are here!"

~

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *  

~

The paramedics were looking at ways to get Leander out of the wheelchair after he had complained about the feeling in his legs. I saw one of them shake their head as she did some tests on his feet to see if there was feeling there.

Taz, bless him, had dumped work, telling his boss his house was flooded and had biked over to us.

Meanwhile, I was being interviewed by the police, unsure of what I should be saying due to Leander's apprehension about them being there anyway.

"So you're unwilling to name who you think did this even though, from what I understand, you have a good idea?" Said PC Smith - the officer questioning me. As I was answering a question, the other cop walked back from the fair entrance and joined us.

"I don't know who did this, okay? But, like I said, some guy wheeled him out. I've never seen him before.

"Sorry to interrupt," said the other copper. "Uh, they won't let us in. Say we need to get a warrant. No one will talk to me."

"Luke, we're going to call in this one and see if we can get into the fair. Are you sure there is no one you know in there that might be able to help us?"

I looked over at Leander, who was staring at me from his chair, probably half hearing the conversation. His head was gently shaking.

"Uh, nope, I don't know anyone in there. Only Leander, who's in the chair."

"Right, well, leave this to us then. But if you think of anything, get in touch. I mean it, Luke, we can't just let things like this happen."

I nodded, and the police returned to their car and drove off.

"So, what does that mean?" Taz asked. "And why did you lie?"

"Because Bear asked me to. And I don't like his chances if it's known he dobbed his family in. I get it! I don't like it, but I get it. Anyway, they will probably try to get a warrant and then it will be down to the police to rinse it out of them what happened and who did what. Leander knows as well as I do that his family will be extremely tight-lipped about this, and finding proof will be the only thing left to do. I suspect Leander will not be that helpful to the police himself, so..."

"So they get away with it?" Leo asked.

"I have to...we have to respect the way Leander wants to play this. If he tells the police, he'll spend the rest of his life looking over his shoulder. Yeah, he's taken a fucking massive beating, but it's done, and it looks like he is free from his family."

"What makes you say that?" Taz asked.

"Really, Taz? You really think he'll toddle off to Wales with the fair, start work again next week, and then have a Sunday roast?"

"Okay, I take your point, but where will he go?"

"Hospital?" Leo quipped before I could answer.

"Well yeah, obviously there first, and then... well, I don't know."

"Luke, Pal? Can I be honest? I don't think this is your responsibility. I know you'll hate me for saying this because I know what feelings you have for him now, but Leander? He needs an ally from his family to sort stuff out. I don't think you should get involved with this."

I looked at Taz as if he'd gone crazy. I pointed at Leander, then spoke. "I am why he is in that state. Because I chose to pursue him. If he'd not met me, he'd be packed up and shortly on his way to the new site - not bashed up in a guest wheelchair waiting for a hospital admission."

"Hey, but didn't his old man die? Ain't that got something to do with it?" Leo piped in.

"Yes, Leo, he did, but that's not why this has happened. At least it's not a direct consequence of it. It may have been a catalyst, granted, but not the reason."

"AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!" Leander screamed out as a board was wedged down the back of his chair. "NOOO, PLEASE, THAT'S too much," he cried out.

"Leander... Leander, focus on me. Now listen, I am going to give you twenty milligrams of morphine, but that's the max dose I can give you right now. Okay, we have to get you out of that chair and onto a backboard. So what we are going to do, now that the board has slid down, is tip up the chair and lay you out. I'm giving you the morphine now, okay, but in five minutes, You will need to work with me to get this move done, right?"

The three of us watched close by as Leander nodded. The paramedic injected the painkiller into Leander's arm, and I could see the drug starting to take effect within a few seconds. He was relaxing.

And so was I!

~

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *  

~

Lee had arrived just as the ambulance was pulling away. Taz had contacted him and asked him to come over. The four of us were here now, and I needed to speak to Clyde.

"Hey, uh, Luke, I'm sorry I haven't been in touch much," Lee started. I gave him a scorned look.

"I ain't got time for this now, Lee. Thanks for being here, but yeah, you really tested that 'best friend' tag to the limit lately."

"I know I'm sorry, and you're right, now is not the time. Anyway, Taz has filled me in on everything, and I'm like, what the fuck!."

"Don't," I said, waving my hand away. "It's probably worse than whatever Taz said, believe me. You saw the state of him, right?"

"Really sad, Luke. I'm sorry."

"Don't apologise to me. In fact, I want everyone to be angry at me and call me a selfish piece of shit because that's how I feel."

Taz came over from taking a piss at the side of the road, just about getting his zip-up before he stopped in front of us. Leo was on his phone, speaking to God knows who, but he was taking ages.

"So?" Taz asked, looking at me. "What shall we do now?"

I was about to answer, but Leo came over, now off the phone.

"Guys, I can arrange for four people to join us. They are pretty tough. Hmm, at least I think they are. They go to the gym," Leo announced, puffing his own bicep up.

I shook my head in frustration. "Noooo, Leo. I don't want anything like that; I want to see Clyde and warn him. But I need you guys here just in case I get dragged in there and come out looking like Leander. No thanks. But I have to stand a bit of ground. They can't just get away with this."

"I agree," said Lee. "If Leander doesn't want the police involved, then I don't see why we should not just torch the place."

"Lee?" I barked, shocked.

"Hey, it's a good idea; I'm serious. To get back at them, burn everything they own." Lee continued.

Leo jumped up excitedly. "Aww, fuck man, I'm down, shit yeah!"

"And get done for arson, murder... perhaps, or at least assault. No, come on, let's be sensible here. I'll go to the gate and politely...grrrr, I fucking hate them all. Anyway, politely, I'll ask... erm... I'll ask..."

"Luke?" Taz started. "You want my advice? Just go to the hospital and be with Leander. Stop this! You know it, I know it, and I hope we all know it - this will not end well for any of us. They are a slick, well-oiled beating machine. They know their way around the police, how to intimidate who they feel is threatening them or their way of life, and how to dispose of someone... or something if they have to. So let's just go home, C'mon, take a deep breath, and calm down. I'm sure Leander will be fine; his bruises with go eventually.

"Fuck!" I yelled out. "I'm supposed to be back at work!"

~

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *  

~

I managed to sweet-talk Derek into giving me the day off. I was straight with him about what had happened in the end, and he said he respected me for telling him the truth. After leaving the fair, I'd gone back to Taz's and got him to rub some after sun all over my back after getting burned. When Leander was in a better place, I made a mental note to remind him it was his fault after losing a rather good t-shirt to his forehead. But right now, he was not in a good place at all. Right now, he was in an awful state.

I planned to go to the hospital right after Taz had creamed me up and lent me a new t-shirt, but my best friend had grabbed hold of me and set me straight about burning my wick at both ends. He was right; I had to slow down. He was also right that I had to go home and see my Dad. So taking some good advice, I left Taz's and jumped in my car, heading the short distance back to my place.

I'd hoped for a warm welcome but seeing Elaine's stupid 'box' car parked across the road, I immediately wished I'd gone to the hospital, even if it was just sitting in the waiting room for five hours.

Getting out of my car, I looked over at hers... which matched her personality, by the way. It made me want to take a baseball bat to either her or it! I finally placed my key in the door, ready to be home now. I'd got it almost to a complete turn when it was opened for me, and a smiling Josh stood towering over me. His lanky red blotched body was missing a top. Only a pair of beige chinos covered his long frame as I looked down at his legs, caked in orangey-brown wiry hair.

"Doesn't your Mother forbid topless men in my house?" I asked, barging past his creepy smile.

"They're out. Gone for a walk."

I stopped in my tracks and turned around slowly. "So it's..."

"Yeah, just you and me... oh and my friend Clint, but he's laying on your bed having a nap. It's been a hot day."

"Please tell me you're joking?" I asked, rage and anxiety already building. He was playing with me; he must have been.

"We didn't think you'd mind. It's just a bed."

"It's just a... It's MY FUCKING bed," I yelled.

I stormed upstairs. My shouting must have woke up dickface's friend because he was just coming out of my room, scratching his crotch as I got to the top.

"Oh hey, you must be Luke," said the guy. Did Josh say, Clint? I thought,

"Hey nice to meet you, on your way downstairs, were you? Yes, I thought so! Off you pop then," I said, grabbing his hand and yanking him towards the top step.

"Whoa, steady, I could break my neck here!"

"Yes, don't tempt me please. Oh, and if I ever catch you in my room again, whoever you think you are, I will take my Dad's chainsaw from the shed, slice you into evenly sized pieces, and deliver you to Josh's front door."

"Wow, my friend, you have some serious anger issues."

I reeled my head back slightly and crooked my mouth. "Are... are you stoned?"

"Well a little, but you know, while your garden was empty I thought, why not. My Dad gets a little pissed when I smoke."

I stormed into my bedroom and slammed the door. That final interaction was about enough of today as I could handle. My house was becoming a fucking truck stop for all manner of strange people, and there was nothing I could do about it. I messaged Taz.

[15:46] Me: Please remind me.
[15:46] Taz: Remind you to do what?
[15:47] Me: To kill myself. Remind me when Leander is better.
[15:47] Taz: LOL, sorry I really didn't laugh. Whats happened?
[15:48] Me: We have a new tenant at the Hanson residence.
[15:49] Taz: ?????
[15:49] Me: I'll explain later. Hey, can I come over?
[15:50] Taz: 🤣

Copyright © 2022 James Matthews; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 4
  • Wow 5
  • Angry 10
Trying a different style and a couple of new things in this book and my only benchmark on how that is going is you, my loyal readers. So I have a small favour. Please do click a like if you're enjoying the story and please do recommend the book. If you have a thought or comment I'd be made up to hear what you think. All feedback is relished and of course I do love hearing your ideas, opinions and banter. Many thanks, folks! Now, let go forth on to the next chapter :) 
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wowsers again. So Bear's badly beaten up body was dumped outside the carnival on his brother's orders.... was this him showing contempt for the fact that he had a gay brother or  was that in some small way him doing that knowing Bear would then get the treatment he needed in hospital? I can only hope it's the latter and that there is still a bit of the old brother in there somewhere.

Good thinking on Luke's part in getting his friends there to help him.

Luke needs to have a serious, calm chat to his dad re his room and report the fact that Josh allowed his friend to just his his room/ bed. If I was Luke I would lock my door when I left it.

  • Love 5
Link to comment

I am incensed after reading this chapter; Leander's family are scum. I am in total agreement with Luke, where the fuck was Leander's mother when all this was going on. I know where she was, in her caravan pretending she did not know what was going to and did happen, coincidentally whilst being visited by her new top thug, bully-boy Clyde.

She who has painted herself as the all-suffering wife of her late husband, playing the overwhelmed grieving widow. I call bullshit; bitch knows exactly what is going on and what has been going on. It was no impulsive act she instructed the new family thug, Clyde, to clamp the wheel of her supposedly beloved son’s truck. She needs an "educational visit" from Sharon, now that would be one fight worth watching.

I am sure there will be those who will say, don’t reduce yourself to the level of these treacherous bastards by retaliating with violence. I say naivete is dangerous, it leaves the most vulnerable prey to those with violent intentions. Violence is the only language this family appears to understand. I made the comment after the last chapter and note Lee uttered the same remark in this chapter, torch the bastards (but only after removing any non-human animals they may have in their “possession”).

I was momentarily annoyed when Luke referred to Leaner’s family as animals, but then recognised the statement for what it was, words said in anger. This commonly uttered statement ALWAYS infuriates me because firstly humans are members of the animal kingdom, and secondly non-human animals are mostly not motivated by hatred when committing acts of violence. The human animal is the most violent of all the animal kingdom, invariably motivated by something ridiculous e.g. wanting to keep "control" of their family. 

I will finish my rant by stating I hope something truly awful befalls Leander’s mother, Clyde and the thuggish cousins who assaulted him. I hope they suffer unspeakable pain for a long period of time.

As for the second “story” within this chapter, WTF? @drsawzall wonderful Dean Martin gif (is this the correct term?) summarises it best.

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
44 minutes ago, Summerabbacat said:

 

She needs an "educational visit" from Sharon, now that would be one fight worth watching.

I concur with 99% of your comment but with one difference.I want Sharon to kick Elaine butt first😄

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, weinerdog said:

I concur with 99% of your comment but with one difference.I want Sharon to kick Elaine butt first😄

I am more than happy for Sharon to kick Elaine's butt first @weinerdog so long as she "rearranges" Leander's mother's butt and various other parts of her putrescent carcass after she has completed that task. Sharon is a woman of action who appears in prior chapters to have been very "results oriented", so I have little doubt she would not stop until her task was complete. I think behind Leander's mother's carefully constructed facade of the grieving widow, scared and lost 'poor little me' woman, beats the heart of a manipulative, cold, calculating bitch. A Romani Medea. I detest her.

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Love 4
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Summerabbacat said:

I am incensed after reading this chapter; Leander's family are scum. I am in total agreement with Luke, where the fuck was Leander's mother when all this was going on. I know where she was, in her caravan pretending she did not know what was going to and did happen, coincidentally whilst being visited by her new top thug, bully-boy Clyde.

She who has painted herself as the all-suffering wife of her late husband, playing the overwhelmed grieving widow. I call bullshit; bitch knows exactly what is going on and what has been going on. It was no impulsive act she instructed the new family thug, Clyde, to clamp the wheel of her supposedly beloved son’s truck. She needs an "educational visit" from Sharon, now that would be one fight worth watching.

I am sure there will be those who will say, don’t reduce yourself to the level of these treacherous bastards by retaliating with violence. I say naivete is dangerous, it leaves the most vulnerable prey to those with violent intentions. Violence is the only language this family appears to understand. I made the comment after the last chapter and note Lee uttered the same remark in this chapter, torch the bastards (but only after removing any non-human animals they may have in their “possession”).

I was momentarily annoyed when Luke referred to Leaner’s family as animals, but then recognised the statement for what it was, words said in anger. This commonly uttered statement ALWAYS infuriates me because firstly humans are members of the animal kingdom, and secondly non-human animals are mostly not motivated by hatred when committing acts of violence. The human animal is the most violent of all the animal kingdom, invariably motivated by something ridiculous e.g. wanting to keep "control" of their family. 

I will finish my rant by stating I hope something truly awful befalls Leander’s mother, Clyde and the thuggish cousins who assaulted him. I hope they suffer unspeakable pain for a long period of time.

As for the second “story” within this chapter, WTF? @drsawzall wonderful Dean Martin gif (is this the correct term?) summarises it best.

I always look forward to your reviews of the current chapter. You never fail to make me laugh, firstly, and sit up and listen, secondly. It's right to point out "animal" was the wrong word as Demon would have suited better. I apologise to all kind, nice and innocent animals. Happy for that to be on the record! :) 

We're not sure if Leander Mother knows what happened. We havent seen a peek out of her. Hmmm!??

The rolled up carpet must have been looked at by the police surely, but then what would I know? :D 

We'll probably find out more soon 

  • Like 1
  • Fingers Crossed 3
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Summerabbacat said:

I am more than happy for Sharon to kick Elaine's butt first @weinerdog so long as she "rearranges" Leander's mother's butt and various other parts of her putrescent carcass after she has completed that task. Sharon is a woman of action who appears in prior chapters to have been very "results oriented", so I have little doubt she would not stop until her task was complete. I think behind Leander's mother's carefully constructed facade of the grieving widow, scared and lost 'poor little me' woman, beats the heart of a manipulative, cold, calculating bitch. A Romani Medea. I detest her.

 Including @weinerdog, How about a deathcage match between Elaine and Leander's mother???

Sharon gets the winner!!

The Top Female UFC Fighters | Livestrong.com

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Just now, drsawzall said:

 Including @weinerdog, How about a deathcage match between Elaine and Leander's mother???

Sharon gets the winner!!

The Top Female UFC Fighters | Livestrong.com

Funny, in my mind I can see this happening HAHA!!

  • Fingers Crossed 4
Link to comment
14 hours ago, James Matthews said:

It's right to point out "animal" was the wrong word as Demon would have suited better. I apologise to all kind, nice and innocent animals. Happy for that to be on the record! :) 

 

@James Matthews "animal" was not the incorrect word to use as it was the most likely adjective to have been used by a large majority (dare I surmise) of the human population in such circumstances. I pride myself on being an animal lover, but I still slip up sometimes too, particularly with another commonly used phrase "to kill two birds with one stone". Although I don't like the majority of birds (I am somewhat frightened of them), I doubt I could kill one let alone two. I have on several occasions seen a particularly nasty breed of bird, one which attacks other birds, dive-bombing my cats. I have swung the broom at them (the birds not my beloved cats), but failed to ever connect with them. I am not sure how I would feel if I actually killed one, certainly vindicated at the time, but likely remorseful later. I don't even kill cockroaches, but I don't stop my cats from demolishing them.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Summerabbacat said:

@James Matthews "animal" was not the incorrect word to use as it was the most likely adjective to have been used by a large majority (dare I surmise) of the human population in such circumstances. I pride myself on being an animal lover, but I still slip up sometimes too, particularly with another commonly used phrase "to kill two birds with one stone". Although I don't like the majority of birds (I am somewhat frightened of them), I doubt I could kill one let alone two. I have on several occasions seen a particularly nasty breed of bird, one which attacks other birds, dive-bombing my cats. I have swung the broom at them (the birds not my beloved cats), but failed to ever connect with them. I am not sure how I would feel if I actually killed one, certainly vindicated at the time, but likely remorseful later. I don't even kill cockroaches, but I don't stop my cats from demolishing them.  

Some animals you inherently wish to kill because of the way they look and the sounds they make. You describe this perfectly. However we are an irrational species. For instance, when I was pre-teen I used to kill all spiders I saw (like you with birds, not having a fondness for them). However in later life I was educated that spiders are good for the planet and do a lot of good. I therefore look at them differently now, and have never killed once since (intentionally) 

 

People often think that about me too :D I've had comments from people in real life and on here in fact that I do not look like a gentle person. In fact when I was drunk one night, and having a laugh with a few friends years ago an Old women said I looked like the typical Thug! And here I am writing gay love stories. LOL.

It takes all sorts to make a world. And although I may look like something, does not make it so.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..