Jump to content
    JujuTheDruid
  • Author
  • 3,486 Words
  • 993 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Touch of Blue - 24. Arturo's Plan

Roy

Sophie and Arturo turn back to stare each other down as soon as the door closes.

“Why must you make everything so much harder?” Sophie yells. “He didn't need to know this! He did not need any more reason to think that this life is fine for him. Thanks to you, he probably thinks ‘Oh it must run in the family. Looks like I will keep on going.’”

“Oh please,” Arturo chuckles. “He is a grown man! He knows what he is doing and he can make his own choices. Keeping secrets from your son for so long seems a bit wrong now doesn’t it? I mean...being gone for years and you still want to keep things from him? That seems a bit wrong to me in all honesty.”

That earns another slap from Sophie.

“Do not try and lecture me on how to raise my son,” She snarls. “You were no help in the matter so you had best keep those lips closed.”

Arturo rubs his cheek and glares. “It is not like I had a choice. You also kept him from me, remember? I had no idea he was my son until the day you were leaving! It is not fair to tell me I can’t offer advice when you made sure I knew nothing about him for twelve years.”

Sophie scoffs and turns away from him.

I lean side to side on both feet but keep listening. Neither of them are looking in my direction so I am just going to gather as much information as I can get.

Sophie sighs and her shoulders slump down.

“Fine,” She says. “I will agree that I did the wrong thing from keeping him from you, but did you really have to make a joke out about you being his father? Did you not see how he left us just now? That is not something someone with a sane mind would do.”

Arturo does look a little guilty at that.

“Yes, I realize my mistake, but he really needed to know,” He says. “I just thought that since you were back, now would be the perfect time to tell him.”

This time, Arturo turns to me.

“I was originally going to tell Zafiro after Cody dropped him off on my doorstep,” He says to me. “I was going to bring him back to health, but then I thought he would be safer with an Officer. I knew he had been here a few times. Thank you for fixing him up.”

I simply nod at the giant green man.

It is really strange to think this is Zafiro’s father. Sophie actually slept with him? Maybe it was before all the crazy Augments. Or maybe it was in the middle of all the augments being done? It would probably explain Zafiro’s eyes and strength. Those are definitely not normal.

When he was kicking me earlier, I could definitely feel it. That is something hard to do with just your foot.

Huh...I have never heard of children obtaining augments from their parents. Then again, it is warned that having children while augmented is not recommended.

“Sorry about that robot, by the way,” Arturo says to me. “I was curious as to why Zafiro was here. I just assumed you were blackmailing him. Everyone seems to be into the whole blackmail thing recently. I can definitely say it was surprising to see Zafiro shoot out my own Robot,” He chuckles. “Do you realize how expensive those things are?”

I am not really sure what I am supposed to say to that. The robot almost cut my throat. If it weren’t for Zafiro, it would have killed me.

A simple sorry does not seem good enough honestly.

“Roy,” Sophie calls my attention. “Can you check on Zafiro please?”

I do not even nod. There is so much going in my mind that I am not even sure what to say. I just turn on my heel and walk to my front door.

As soon as I open the door, the giant Saint Bernard starts growling at me from the living room. Not going to lie, it is pretty intimidating seeing a giant beast of a dog sitting in my living room with its teeth bared.

“Laneer!” Zafiro yells from upstairs.

At that, the dog instantly starts smiling and dashes for the stairs.

Oh god. That dog is going to my room isn’t it?

With a small sigh, I start walking up the stairs torwards Zafiro’s voice came from.

He is not on the second floor where the guest rooms are. No doubt he is in my room. I might as well call it ‘Our room’ since he always seems to be in there.

When I reach the top floor, a white cat is seen sitting by the room. It is staring me down.

For some reason this makes me freeze. Aren’t cats supposed to be some kind of evil animal? Mekaias seemed nice enough but I know he can kill quite easily.

I would imagine this cat could do the same.

A dog whimper can be heard in my room and the cat decides the dog needs its attention.

When it walks inside, I assume that is my go ahead to go in as well.

Zafiro is sitting on the neighbors roof top like the day he first came here. The dog is on its hind legs, crying for Zafiro to come back. The cat brushes against the dog’s side and that seems to calm him down.

With a deep breath, I make my way outside with the animals.

Zafiro looks over at me and he smiles.

“You enjoy your front row seats to those two?” He asks, jutting his chin to Sophie and Arturo in the front yard.

I lean on the railing of the roof and shrug. “It was not exactly interesting. Though, I think I know how you got your eyes now.”

Zafiro’s smile disappears and he stares at his finger. It is tracing random shapes into the roof.

“Yeah,” He sighs. “Me too, I guess.”

He punches at the roof and I swear I heard the sound of it cracking.

“It would explain a lot of things,” He chuckles. “Being able to jump farther and higher, being able to take a few hits and live.” At that he laughs and shakes his head. “Isn’t that an understatement? ‘Taking a few hits.’”

I do not laugh with him. Honestly I do not see how any of this is funny. Why would he ever want to laugh at it?

“I guess I should thank Arturo’s sperm for allowing me to live through the last few days,” he smirks.

The thought of Arturo’s sperm makes me cringe. Definitely not what I want to be thinking of at the moment.

“We should talk about it,” I say. “Come over and you can rant about everything you need to. It would do you some good.”

He really needs to. Bottling it all up is not good. I am a bit worried to be honest.

Zafiro smirks and turns to me. “If I get over there, the last thing we are going to do is talk.”

As much as I don’t want it to, the idea that he has behind that damn smile is making me blush.

If he won’t talk about it. I should make him think of something else right? He should not be letting all this get into his head. Sure, there is a lot going on, but he just needs to calm his mind down.

Before I can start asking random questions, Zafiro stands and jumps over to my roof.

The first thing that sparks was fear. I thought he was going to fall down to the ground. Of course he wouldn't. He has made wider jumps before.

After the fear of him possibly dying passed, I realized that he was jumping straight for me. Before I can even ready myself, I end up being tackled and I fall hard onto my back.

With a small groan, I wince at the bruise that will most likely form on my back.

“Couldn’t you just stay on one rooftop like a normal person,” I grumble.

Zafiro chuckles and moves himself so that he can straddle me. At the moment, his butt is right of top of my groin. Knowing him, he most likely did that on purpose.

In an effort to not turn into a blushing mess, though that is already too late, I try and say what I wanted to before.

“You said my real name earlier.”

Zafiro raises an eyebrow and leans down close. “Oh? Did I? Can’t say that I remember.”

“Bullshit,” I grin. “You have said it twice now. I would remember if you have said it or not.”

He smirks and kisses the corner of my mouth.

“Hmm...you must have me confused with somebody else,” He whispers.

“No,” I frown. “No I don’t. You said it and you can’t change my mind about it.”

Zafiro pulls back and gives me a weird look.

“Why do you care so much about it?” He says defensively.

Good! This must mean my plan is working right?

I shrug. “You never call me Roy. It is nice to hear you say my name.”

He raises an eyebrow. “Other people call you by your name already. Why would it matter if I called you it? If anything, you should be glad I gave you a nickname.”

“It is a very rude nickname, though,” I say.

“Aww did I hurt the handsome man’s feelings?” He says as if I am a baby. “Poor wittle Tin Can!”

I roll my eyes. “Yeah, real mature of you.”

“You still have to answer my question,” Zafiro says with a smile. “Why does it matter?”

Why does it matter to me? It is not like I have anything to prove to this person. Sure, he saved me, but that does not seem like a huge reason to want to hear him say my name.

With a frown, I shrug. “I don’t know. It is just nice to hear your say it I guess. It does not feel like you are only trying to tease or bully me. Almost like I am a friend to you. Or maybe something more intimate.”

Zafiro frowns. “I do not bully you. I have never bullied you. Also, if you could not tell, we are not exactly friends. I would say we are a small step above that now.”

“A small step?” I ask. “That seems like a big step to me in all honesty.”

Zafiro tilts his head. “Then maybe you and I are taking this thing between us very differently.”

Not going to lie, hearing that makes something in my chest hurt. Almost like something is breaking?

“Then how are you taking it?” I ask. “I want us to be on the same page.”

Zafiro laughs. “You think I know what is happening? All I know is that this is probably one of the only times that I have been happy for this week alone.”

I frown at that. “So I am just a one time thing to you then? Are you going to throw me away when things blow over?”

Zafiro rests his arms on my chest to keep himself up. “Who says I wouldn’t want more? I am just afraid that you have gotten attached too quick. I guess you liked chasing me, but this seems rather fast don’t you think?”

“If I am not mistaken,” I say. “You seem to be the one starting most of this.”

He smiles at that. “Well, you’re not wrong. Perhaps I am moving fast too. It probably isn’t good if both of us move fast however. One of us is going to have to slow down.”

He leans down and kisses me. I, of course, kiss back. For some reason I can’t pull back. I feel like I need to kiss back.

All too soon, Zafiro backs away again.

“As much as I am loving this little distraction you have created,” he smirks, “There is a man I would like to find, and I apparently have a father who can help me do it.”

He stands and walks into my room and then he leaves to go downstairs.

The dog and cat are on the bed watching me.

Well, it feels weird to know they were watching that whole time.

~~~
~~~

Zafiro

I must say, when I am with Tin Can now, it feels a little bit more relaxing. The ringing in my head calms down, and the small whispers go quiet. I would like to explore where this could go in all honesty. It would be a lie if I said that I wouldn’t want to stay with him longer, but who says I can’t come back to that after I break Cody’s neck?

Oh I want to do so many things to Cody! Cut his nails off and force him to eat them like cereal. Pull out his tongue and make him lick his own ass! Wait...what if I force an augment on him? That could be cool!

No, nevermind. I do not want to be like him. I would never do that to someone. Even if they really wanted me to do that.

I still stand by with not liking augments. Mine is pretty much gone, or at least I think it is, but I will never forget the feeling of my skin splitting open as wings shoved themselves out of my body.

Shivering at the memory, I walk down the stairs to the first floor. I can hear Mama and Arturo talking in there.

Does this mean I am supposed to call him Papá? That is pretty weird to think about.

Looks like I have another thing to box up and shove into a corner in my head. I am sure the voices will enjoy having something else to sing and taunt about.

When I reach the bottom of the stairs, both of my parents look up at me.

You know...it is strange to see them together. Especially now that I know they made me. It really does not help that Mama used to tell me about how Arturo had feelings for her. She even said she would never sleep with him! Looks like she left the part where she already did.

Was it just once? Was I from a one night stand or did they actually have feelings for each other?

Great. More things to shove away. This time I came up with it myself!

Stupid Zafiro.

I could tell they were expecting Tin Can to come down here. Their eyes widen as they see me.

“So,” I say as I walk over to sit on the arm of the couch. “What is your plan, old man?”

Arturo smirks and chuckles. “Heh, don’t be calling me that now, boy. Tell your little boyfriend to come down here if he wants to hear it.”

“That won’t be necessary,” Tin Can says as he walks into the living room. His face is a little pink from the name.

For a man who could easily kill someone with a metal fist, he sure does get flustered easily. It reminds me of a dog in all honesty. Perhaps like Laneer? He’s a big guy who acts tough with strangers, but deep down, he’s a little softie.

I find it hot that Tin Can is like that. I do love a man who can kill easily. Especially with one punch. I bet he is one of those who love to cuddle too. Now that would be a nice package in a guy.

Blinking from my thoughts, I turn to Arturo and lean my elbow on the top of the couch.

“Well?” I grin.

Arturo pulls up a device and places it on the coffee table. When he pushes a button on the side, a blue light erupts and a map made of light floats in front of us.

“Wow,” I gasp in awe and reach out to touch it. Mama swats my hand away.

With a fake pout, I turn to her. “But it’s so shiny!”

I turn to Arturo and smile. “May I ask where you got one of these?”

“Made it myself!” He grins. “If you couldn’t guess, I make a lot of shit. Robots, my own holovids, suits.” At the last word, he points to my suit.

My plans for stealing the map come to a hault when he points to me.

I raise an eyebrow. “You gave this to me? I thought Vero did.” Then I turn to Tin Can. “And I thought you got this new one from Mama.”

Well I say that, but I kind of did know Arturo made it. I knew he loves making little toys to play with, but I just assumed someone stole. Since Mama knows Tin Can, I assumed it was her.

Tin Can shakes his head.

“Huh,” I turn to Arturo. “Thanks I guess.”

“No, no. Thank you!” He says. “You put my craft to great use. I must say I was rather proud to see you using it. Lord knows your Mother was nowhere near as good as you are. Just don't mess that one up this time.”

Mama elbows Arturo in the ribs and he grunts.

“Right well,” He says, turning to the map, “As you can see, these were Cody’s plans for attacking the city. He was depending on U.U.P.P. being lazy to not bother with stopping him. Obviously that is not at all happening. Because of this, we are going to have to attack now, otherwise he will most likely be sent to prison until he of course breaks free.”

“How are you so sure he will break free?” Tin Can asks.

We all just kind of look over at him like he is stupid. Of course, he doesn’t really know Cody so I don’t blame him.

“He has people everywhere,” Mama says. “Including in U.U.P.P. Who knows how many people he has under his control, but it will surely be enough to break him out.”

Ugh. The last thing I need is for him to be locked up and away. I want to kill him myself dammit!

“What if he gets sent to the Icebox?” Tin Can says.

Now it is our turn to be confused. Well, mainly just me and Arturo.

“Icebox?” I ask.

Mama answers for Tin Can.

“It is a special place they send some prisoners to,” She says. “Consider it like an asylum? It is more so for the specially ‘gifted’ people. Let’s say...Mekaias as an example. If he were to go around murdering random people and stealing, he would be sent to the Icebox.”

Interesting. This wouldn’t mean I would go there would I? I am not at all on Mekaias’ level, but I know I am a lot stronger than others. I sure can take a lot to kill, but does this mean I would be sent there?

Nah, I doubt it. It is a huge if anyways. U.U.P.P. has to catch me first.

“Ok,” I say. “I doubt they would be sending Cody there. He is just some normal guy with a lot of money and power. No big deal there. Just how are we going to find and get to him?”

Arturo smiles and points to a giant orange circle in the middle of the Rich Side.

“That is where Cody is making his new base. He made a machine that unfolds a giant building in minutes. If I am not mistaken, it is already there. It is supposed to be a fortress that can hold plenty of his members inside. He is supposed to be in there as well.”

I nod along and smile.

Breaking into a building? That will be super easy for me! I have done it hundreds of times. What is going to stop me this time?

“And how are we supposed to get inside?” Tin Can asks.

I can’t help my smile getting wider when he says that.

“You’re coming with us?” I ask.

He looks at me like I am stupid and nods. “Yeah, I want to catch this guy as much as you three. He obviously should not be walking about if he has hurt so many people.”

Right...catch.

I smirk and turn to the map. I swear I hear myself laughing in my head. I even touch my throat to make sure I wasn't laughing out loud.

“You all saw my ride out front?” Arturo asks with a chuckle. “We'll be nice and safe in that giant monster!”

My fingers twitch in excitement. Oh god I am so ready! I swear I could just start bouncing around the walls!

Get ready Cody. I’m coming for your ass.

The Icebox will be a huge part in the next story in this little universe. I guess that is something you should also really take from this chapter! A bit strange how I am branching off of this and Mekaias' story to make more. I hope it isn't considered lazy. I just really like this world I made.

Hope you enjoy!
Copyright © 2019 JujuTheDruid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 7
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..