Jump to content
    JujuTheDruid
  • Author
  • 4,125 Words
  • 1,191 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Touch of Blue - 8. Bad Choices

Zafiro

It is a bit cold in here honestly.

Maybe the heat will take awhile to pick up?

Perhaps it will be best to stay out until I am tired. It was a lot warmer out there.

What if one of Arturo’s goons are out there though? Arturo will find out where I am and then come after me in my sleep.

I really, really don’t want to die.

I know I said that Arturo probably would not even bother killing me, but that thought started vanishing as soon as I was thinking of it.

Arturo does not like me. He hates having to call me so he tries not to. He only asks for my help for things his little henchmen can’t handle.

I am his last resort.

It is all just very scary and when I think too hard on it, I end up feeling on edge.

Who the hell hides their plans in a painting anyways? That is just stupid, especially considering how I pretty much steal paintings for a living.

How Cody found out that the folder is there, I do not know, but I am angry at him for bringing me into this mess.

Obviously Cody is not going through an troubles or panicks like me. He is in his little “kingdom” and is probably sipping on some wine.

Meanwhile, my people are getting tied up and questioned.

Stupid Cody.

I am going to stop by his place tomorrow. I will sneak through if I have to. Pretty sure Soul would not mind if I were to just walk on though. He is pretty much my android boyfriend.

At the moment, I am not at all sure what to do. Maybe some sleep will do me some good.

It has been an awfully long day and I would love it if I could just go back in time, put that stupid folder back, and just tell Cody to go fuck himself.

Yes that would be very nice to do.

Maybe I should stop by the Alentian’s secret house that is far away from the city. Obviously nobody really knows where it is. Piggie was lucky enough to find it.

It would be nice to just stop by and tell Mekaias, “Hey, sorry I stole a bunch of your shit, but could you help me stop a gang war?”

In a better world, he probably would have said yes. If only I was in that world.

I still can’t believe Mekaias had so easily let me into his house. Apparently mentioning Norian, the Alentian's lover’s name, is enough to allow anyone into that giant home.

He is nice, but a bit stupid.

Actually I can’t say that. He probably messed his brain up a bit from bringing the Ember Aliens here.

Nothing he can do about that.

I just realized, I still have my briefcase of money from Cody.

I never got the chance to split it with the families I like to help out with.

Wait! Shit! Ama was supposed to get money as well. I was even there, after everything went to shit that is.

A shiver runs down my spine.

What if that woman with the bat had knocked me out? I am pretty sure everyone would have died.

I close my eyes. I really need to stop thinking of things like that.

Since there is nothing in the kitchen or living room, I head to one of the rooms.

There should be clothes in the drawers. I could also use a nice, hot shower.

I start unzipping different parts of my suit. It is pretty much 9 pieces put together with zippers.

The arms can be cut off short, or to free my shoulders. The legs could turn into shorts or I could free my thighs and keep everything from the knee down covered.

It was Vero’s idea. She said it would be considered ‘fashion’.

I told her that she is insane.

Well, not entirely. Every now and then, I do decide to unzip the part that covers from my shoulders to my elbow. It is a nice way to air things out!

I think I shall wear it like that tomorrow actually. It has gotten a bit warmer lately.

Right now though, I need it all off of me.

I toss it all off into a pile.

Since I don’t wear underwear underneath the suit, I walk straight for the bathroom.

It sits in the hallway between all the other bathrooms and rooms. I am the only one here so walking around naked is not exactly a problem.

A monitor next to the shower lights up as I walk into the bathroom.

I press a few buttons and the shower starts. I let it warm up and so I reach under the sink, pulling out a new toothbrush and some toothpaste.

After I am done brushing my teeth, the shower is steaming up the bathroom so I know it is ready.

It is a bit too hot so I lower the heat settings.

Once it is better and not trying to burn my skin off, I step under the stream of water. I am careful with my stitches.

I probably should have looked for a medkit first so I can put in a new bandage when I get out of the shower.

Ok, I am going to be honest. I am bored out of my mind.

I need my fur babies.

They at least make some kind of noise in my apartment. Here it is all just...dead silent. Nothing makes a sound. Well, the refrigerator and other various machines do as well I guess. Still, it is not the same.

Sadly, I can’t really bring Yinx and Laneer here. The only way down is with the ladder from the dumpster and I know they can’t climb a fucking ladder.

I sigh.

Maybe monkeys for pets would have been a better option.

After scrubbing myself clean and rinsing the soap away, I sit on the shower floor, just letting the water rain down on me.

I hug my knees to myself and just...think.

What do I do? I can’t just hide in here forever. There are things that I need to get done.

For instance, I need to bring all my treasures from Piggie’s place and bring it all back here with me.

I do not trust anyone in that building to guard my things.

Sure, Laneer is a pretty good boy, but deep down he is a big old softie.

My mind feels like it is going in all kinds of directions right now. It points one way, thinking my damn dog, and then it goes another, worrying about Ama and her kids again.

It does not stop there however.

I think about Tin Can and his weird metal man tits. I also think about how much I would like to punch Arturo in the face, or even how badly I would love to kick Cody’s balls in for making me steal Arturo’s stuff. Then there are the thoughts about how I am just sitting here in this damn shower thinking these thoughts. Then more thoughts come in saying that it is good that I am here right now, that it should be safe.

Of course, it circles back and now I am worrying about Piggie and Vero.

It is all just too fucking much.

Why can’t people just leave me alone? Just let me do my own thing. It is not like I meant to steal important nasty shit like that folder.

I am just a normal thief who was tricked into bad choices.

Ok, I get it. Choosing to be a person who steals is a bad choice in itself, but there are bad “bad” choices within that category.

I just...I need a damn drink. Unfortunately, there isn’t a drop of alcohol down here unless you count the mouth wash and whatever is in the medkit down here. Well, at least I think there is a medkit down here…I hope there is at least.

Vero had said I should call as soon as I get here, so that pretty much pushes me to get off the shower floor and to get out of the water.

It had run cold anyway.

When I get out of the shower, I dry off and wrap the towel around my hips.

Next I find myself digging through the bathrooms, the other bedrooms, and even the kitchen sink.

Not a single medkit in sight.

Well...shit.

I stare at the used bandage in my hands.

Would it be worse to go on without it or to keep the used one?

There is dried up blood on it so I am not sure what to do.

I let out a long sigh and throw the nasty thing into the trash.

Might as forget about it. It is not like I am already screwed anyways.

Returning to the room I chose to sleep in, I put on the grey pajamas.

They are a bit too loose and the shirt hangs off my shoulder.

I wrinkle my nose at that and just throw it all off.

It will just end up being pulled from moving on the bed and then I will just get annoyed.

Now I am looking for underwear.

I do not like sleeping naked. Drones constantly flying by the window of my room at Piggie’s apartment make me feel all kinds of vulnerable.

Call it a habit, but I am going to sleep with some underwear on.

Is it weird that everything is feeling like it is too much tonight? This should be the safest I can feel right now. I do not feel safe at all, if anything, I feel like someone is outside my door right now.

Pursing my lips, I lock my door and then pull a chair up and under the doorknob.

Yeah not even that makes me feel better.

Everything just rings in my ears. The little sounds my feet make on the metal floor really make my heart beat even faster.

The small things I do are both frustrating and annoying me. For no reason at all!

Everything I have done since I walked through the safehouse door has been rolling around in my head, maybe even more so than the fight in Ama’s house.

What is even happening? My thoughts just are making everything seem even scary.

Am I just being tense? Anxious is a word that also rings in my head.

Maybe calling Vero right now will calm me down.

I pull my phone out and push in her number.

I have to retype it a few times because my fingers keep shaking.

Holding the phone to my ear, I stare at the door for my room.

For what? I don’t know. Maybe I am waiting for someone to come in. Or something.

Vero answers fairly quickly however so I am happily taken out of those thoughts.

“You back to normal?” Vero asks. “Or not normal but at a safehouse? If it is neither of the two, I am hanging up.”

“I-I’m in a safehouse.” I say.

“Good. So not normal?” She says in a laugh.

I try to laugh with her but I can’t.

“I am in the one under the big casino,” I say.

She calls out for Piggie, letting him know that she is talking to me.

“How are you holding up?” She asks.

I haven’t moved my eyes from the door. I refuse to. I swear I hear something but then I realize it is from Vero’s side of the call.

“Zafiro?” She calls.

“Fine,” I say. “Just fine. I’m-uh...I will be stopping by tomorrow.”

“For?” She says slowly, mostly likely trying to make sure I won’t be coming back to stay in her building.

I swallow the bubble in my throat. “Just to pick up some stuff. Can you or Piggie take Laneer out right now? He will need to use the restroom.”

“Zafiro are you alright?” Vero asks, “You sound like you are being held at gunpoint.”

I blink.

“It sure feels like it,” I say.

“Look, we will take care of Laneer and Yinx, but you need to calm down. Take a few deep breaths. Nothing is going to happen, alright?”

I slowly nod to myself.

“Say it with me.” She says. “Nothing is about to happen.”

With a deep breath, I mumble it back into the phone.

“Again. Clearly this time.”

I close my eyes and keep myself from looking at the door.

“Nothing is about to happen.” I repeat.

Vero makes me say it about ten times until she feels that I don’t sound like someone who is being forced to make a phone call.

Again, bad thought to have.

“Good night, Vero.” I say when I feel like the ringing has stopped.

“Good night, Zafiro.” She says. “Remember, nothing is going to happen.”

I end the call and I whisper the phrase once more to myself.

Nothing is going to happen. Everything is fine. I am fine. Nobody is going to get hurt.

We never really discussed this, but I have made up my mind on something. I’ll just need to speak with Cody tomorrow.

~~~

I thought about leaving my bike at the safehouse and traveling from building to building, but that would just be too much work. I am pretty much in the furthest point of the city from the Poor Side.

Maybe that says a lot about Tin Can.

Ok, that is just me being petty...probably.

So instead of grappling across the city, I am using my bike.

Since I will be taking stuff back with me to the safehouse, I decide to stop by Cody first.

I guess if things go my way, seeing Piggie and Vero after is not such a bad idea.

Instantly I want to say that nothing has been going my way but it has only been a day and if anything, things have been going my way.

Ama and the kids are all safe, I double checked this morning, and so far nobody has jumped out to try and attack me.

So all things considered, I have no reason to say that ‘things have not been going my way’ because they have!

Hmm...I think I will leave my bike parked in the Rich Side and grapple around the Poor Side so that nobody finds my bike. I kind of need that to get back to the safe house.

It is the middle of the day so it is pretty empty out here right now.

I swear the people in the Poor Side are secretly vampires.

Every now and then I would see a group of people crowded together on the street. I would stop moving and look down at them from the rooftops.

All of the random people had green bands, clothes, or something else that is green. That pretty much means they are with Cody.

Of course, Arturo may have set his own people in green, so I try to stay away from these people as well.

Eventually I do find myself looking down at Cody’s place.

It looks the same as it always does. Empty except about three douchebags and then the sweetie Soul.

I jump over the edge and use my grapple to slowly slip down to the sidewalk.

Soul immediately looks my way.

When I walk over to meet him, his light bulb eyes seems to flicker.

“Hey good lookin’” I smile and pat his arm.

“Whatcha got cookin’?” He says back in his monotone voice.

I grin at that and link my arm with his.

“How you been, handsome?” I ask. “Anything out of the ordinary?”

“You are already aware that there are things I am not authorized to share,” He says, “but if you are asking for my personal experiences, then no, nothing at all is out of the ordinary.”

Hmm. “Did you hear anything about Arturo by chance?” I ask, while leaning against his side.

“Again, I am not authorized to share.” Soul says.

I frown at that.

“You did not set up a meeting.” He states out loud.

I shrug and move to stand in front of him.

“I was hoping Mr. Handsome would be able to set one up for me,” I smirk.

Soul’s eyes seem to blink. “Are you referring to me?”

“Of course I am!” I laugh. “Who else would I be talking about?”

“I heard you went to visit Roy Kyung.” He says. “I simply made an assumption that he was who you were referring too.”

It takes everything in me not to break my smile.

How the hell does he know I visited Tin Can?

“Where did you hear such a thing?” I ask. “Don’t you know that you are the only man for me?”

“Yes, I am aware of that already,” he says, “Cody simply mentioned your visitation with the former officer.”

The ringing in my head is slowly starting to build up again.

“You are aware of that?” I say slowly. “So you are my lover?”

I smirk and lean against his chest. I even run my fingers along the collar of his jacket.

“Zafiro, I am not capable of feeling...this.” Soul says.

“I don’t know,” I say in a sing-songy voice, “It almost sounds like you are jealous I visited the TIn Can.”

Another blink from Soul.

“I am not jealous,” He says. “You are already closer to me therefore I have nothing to be jealous of.”

I chuckle at that.

Slowly, I begin to make my way past him.

“How rude,” I say, “Now you are sounding like every other man, treating me like a prize. Here I thought you were the perfect one for me!”

I smile as I start walking backwards.

“Apologies.” Soul says, “I did not mean to do such a thing.”

I laugh at that and circle back to him. The way his shoulders dropped made me feel a little bad.

“I was only joking,” I smile. “You are still the only lover I need.”

Soul lifts his finger as if he is about to say something, but I think he has started giving up on trying to explain that he is some ‘Soulless machine’.

Pulling him down, I lean up on my toes and kiss his metal cheek.

Soul’s eyes shine a bright blue and he stops moving, almost as if he has frozen in time.

Looks like this is my chance to go inside.

“I’ll see you when I get back, Soul!” I wave and walk inside.

Soul just stares after me with glowing eyes.

~~~

I had to wait about two hours before I was able to finally be sent up to speak with Cody.

When I get out the elevator to his ‘office’, I find him sitting in his chair. He has a bottle of wine and two glasses set up.

As soon as he sees me, I pops the bottle open and pours out the wine into the glasses.

“Ah, I’ve been hoping to see you!” Cody grins.

I narrow my eyes and walk over to stand in front of his desk.

There are two chairs but I don’t really feel like sitting.

“Someone told me that you think I was at Tin Can’s house last night.” I say, “Do you mind telling me how such a thing came to mind?”

He just chuckles and offers me a glass.

“Let’s just say that I simply know you were there,” He says, “but if you wish to continue to pretend that didn’t happen, then by all means, keep lying. I just hope you weren’t planning on ratting me out. I would hate having to teach you a lesson.”

I raise an eyebrow and place my glass next to the wine bottle.

“Who the hell do you think you are?” I say. “Sending me out for Arturo’s shit. I trust you know what happened at Ama’s, yes?”

He nods and takes a sip of his wine.

“You need to protect me and my people.” I say while crossing my arms.

Cody laughs at that. “Why would I do that? It would be a waste of resources. You know, you aren’t the same fun toy that you usually are when you come around here. What happened? All of a sudden you are visiting U.U.P.P. Officers late at night.”

I give a look of bewilderment. “Are you kidding me? My people are getting tied up and held at gunpoint, I hear Arturo is looking for me and you expect me to just have fun and act like it’s nothing?”

“Why not?” He asks, “I do it all the time.”

I roll my eyes at that.

“Really? I don’t see you running scared,” I say. “I come in here and see you drinking wine. It must be nice living behind a bunch of nerds who listen to every word you say. Can’t say that I relate. I need all the help I can get.”

He smiles and holds up my glass for me to take again.

“Fine,” Cody says, “I’ll offer your family protection if you do two things for me.”

I narrow my eyes at the glass and then up at his stupid face.

“And that would be?”

Cody places the wine glass back on the desk.

Next thing I know, Cody grabs me, twists me around to sit on the desk and he leans over me, slowly trying to push me onto my back.

“First, I want you to never speak with that Officer again. Second...well, I take it you can guess where I am going with this?” he says while wiggling his eyebrows.

My face wrinkles in disgusting.

“Eww!” I exclaim. “I don’t want to sleep with you! Hell no!”

I try to push him off of me but he won’t budge.

“Get off me, Cody.” I say with a glare and a stern voice.

“Hey now!” He says, “All the teasing throughout the years, It had to be for something! C’mon now. Just do this for me and I’ll give you and your little family protection.”

He leans down to kiss me but I turn my face away. He starts kissing along my jaw.

“Get off!” I shout. I struggle to push him off of me but he ends up using his legs to spread mine.

“Stop!” I punch at him with my fist.

He grunts and ends up biting at my neck.

I grit my teeth at that and try to punch again.

Cody grabs my hand and pins it to the table.

“Alright then,” he says, “I guess we gotta do this the hard way.”

He grabs something over me and he holds a syringe needle over my face.

“Either you calm down,” He says with a evil grin, “or I will make you calm down.”

My eyes widen and I stop struggling.

“Good boy,” He says and he leans down to try and kiss me again.

I turn away and he starts to suck on my neck. He nibbles and bites along it and I bite my lip to not make any noises.

I find myself staring at the wine bottle.

A thought lights up in my mind and I don’t even give it a second to think over.

With my free hand, I grab the wine bottle and swing it over me.

It shatters over Cody’s head and then he slumps over me. He ends up sliding off of me and onto the floor.

The smell of wine fills my nose. It has spilled all over me and onto the floor with Cody.

I stand up and look down at him. The syringe needle has rolled away.

A small breath escapes my lips before I quickly run for the elevator.

It seems to take forever to reach the main floor but as soon as it does, I immediately make my move to leave.

I do not run or power walk. I try to keep it nice and casual. I don’t want anyone to suspect anything.

The main bitch at the front desk just watches me with a glare as I walk past her.

When I leave the building, I find Soul standing with a handful of flowers held behind his back. They look like the same flowers that are sitting next to the sidewalk.

Soul immediately looks back at me when he hears my footsteps behind him.

“Quick like last time,” Soul says, “That is good. I have something for you.”

I smile because I realize where this is going, but I really need to go now.

“Walk with me?” I say.

“Very well,” Soul nods.

Copyright © 2019 JujuTheDruid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 3
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I'm now getting a Ghost in the Shell vibe...were you a Toonami fan because I'm waiting for an Outlaw Star...Mekaias is a cat like alien... okay how about Cowboy Beebop...future timeline aliens good and bad guys gang involvement...ok I'm not holding my breath for FLCL or Gundam references but damn. Lol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Hellsheild said:

I'm now getting a Ghost in the Shell vibe...were you a Toonami fan because I'm waiting for an Outlaw Star...Mekaias is a cat like alien... okay how about Cowboy Beebop...future timeline aliens good and bad guys gang involvement...ok I'm not holding my breath for FLCL or Gundam references but damn. Lol

I believe the only ones I watched out of those were Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy beebop.

 

Now I will say...while writing a few chapters for this story, I was listening to the Cowboy Bebop opening music lol

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..