Jump to content
    JujuTheDruid
  • Author
  • 3,728 Words
  • 1,556 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Touch of Blue - 25. A Familiar Face

Roy

 

It feels strange knowing that I am pretty much a regular citizen who is about to barge my way through a bunch of gang members and U.U.P.P. soldiers.

 

Why couldn’t we just sit on the sidelines? Surely U.U.P.P. could have managed doing this on their own.

 

Maybe if Sophie was on my side, we could have convinced Zafiro and Arturo to just stay back and let others take care of the problem for us.

 

Sadly, she also wants to go after Cody.

 

You would think that all the soldiers running through the city would be enough to deter them from their plan but no, they really want to do this.

 

I get it. This man has pretty much been toying with their family for years, but trying to do what U.U.P.P. is already trying to do seems like a waste of time to me.

 

Again though, no stopping them.

 

Since I have grown rather close with Zafiro and Sophie, I feel like I have to help them. Sophie was pretty much my closest friend. I might even consider her family but given the newest revelations, that thought is going to have to be put on hold.

 

Obviously there is Zafiro. A thief who I have been trying to catch for years. All of a sudden we are getting way too close. Close enough that I do not want to see him get hurt. I know that is a bit too late, but that doesn’t mean I can’t keep him from getting hurt again.

 

So yeah, those are pretty much the main reasons I am going with them. I would maybe add that I do not have any other friends so I might as well try and keep the ones I have alive, right?

 

At the moment, everyone is stocking up on supplies.

 

Arturo brought a bunch of guns. Way too many for someone to be holding in my opinion. I guess they were also for his henchmen that he brought with him as well.

 

There are three other people dressed in red and black. All three of them are pretty silent and look super serious. They must be the muscle that surround Arturo. It is a bit weird since he is larger and could probably out-muscle them all.

 

They leave me feeling a bit uncomfortable. Well, not just them, Arturo does too. Knowing what they are and what they do is really messing with my head at the moment.

 

Something must have shown on my face, or maybe it was because I was staring, but Sophie rests a hand on my shoulder and smiles at me.

 

“You do not have to join us,” She says. “You can stay here. It is not your fight.”

 

Shaking my head, I glance over at Zafiro.

 

Right now, I see his eyes sparkling over a pair of pistols. They are covered with tiny diamonds. Based on his reaction to them, I would take it that they are real.

 

“No,” I say when I turn back to Sophie. “I want to help you guys. He saved me after all.”

 

She gives a knowing smile and gives my shoulder a pat before moving to speak with Arturo.

 

Since I don't really want to be alone, I walk over to Zafiro’s side.

 

“Look at these beauties,” Zafiro holds the guns up in awe. “You think Arturo would notice immediately if they went missing after this little event?”

 

Chuckling, I shake my head. “Always with stealing on the mind, I see.”

 

He giggles and bumps his hip against me.

 

“Don’t knock it till you try it,” He grins.

 

Yeah, as if I would ever steal. I have never stolen in my life and I definitely will not start it any time soon. I will leave that to the ‘professional’.

 

Looking through all the guns, I end up picking up a special stun gun that I am pretty sure was from U.U.P.P.

 

Well, I take it that some of these were stolen then.

 

It does feel weird that everyone is arming themselves with guns. Why do they feel as if they are going to kill? Ok. Maybe that is a bit of a dumb question since all of Cody’s people are with guns, but still!

Everyone here seems way too fine with it and that is not right.

 

While there are way better things to choose, I go with the stun gun. Mostly because I am familiar with it, but also because it will help keep my sanity. I do not like killing people. I have done it a few times when the time was needed. That does not mean I am fine with doing it now.

 

A gunshot rings off next to me and it makes me jump. Instantly my metal skin comes out.

 

The room is dead silent as all eyes move towards Zafiro. His eyes are wide and he looks from each face to the next before he bursts out laughing.

 

A hole is now above the tv monitor in my living room. Lovely.

 

“You should really make sure the safeties are all on, Arturo,” Zafiro giggles and sets the diamond pistol down.

 

Everyone sighs and turns back to what they were doing.

 

~~~

 

The vehicle that Arturo has grabbed almost feels like a trailer house on wheels. The outside is full of metal plating as the armor. From what Arturo says, a bomb wouldn’t even dent it.

 

On the outside, there are platforms with little walls used for cover. I guess when we get into the center, we will have to defend ourselves somehow.

 

Inside the truck, there is a wide space with a table. It holds some weapons and also the device with the map of Sector 4.

 

At the moment, we are all sitting around the table while Arturo explains his plan.

 

It is pretty much the same thing he said earlier, only this time he needs to share the information with his minions.

 

This plan is not the best in my opinion. Using an armored vehicle to push our way through the thick of the things does not seem smart at all. If anything, we might just attract too much attention and then we might just get U.U.P.P. on our asses.

 

It’s a dumb plan. All of it. Of course, not much else I can think of.

 

I am sitting between Zafiro and Sophie.

 

Sophie is on her phone, texting the higher ups in U.U.P.P. My guess is that she is trying to keep them off our trail. Either that, or she is making up some lie about why she is absent.

 

Knowing them, they would let her do whatever she wanted. They respect her enough to trust her.

 

If only they knew what she is and why she is here. Unless they do know…maybe that ‘respect’ is actually Cody’s doing.

 

It is pretty wild that a gang leader has so much influence over something like U.U.P.P. It makes me wonder who else out there is doing the same thing.

 

Looking over at Zafiro, I see he is squinting at the map. He has his goggles on at the moment. Surely that would be more restricting than anything at the moment. It is somewhat dark in here.

 

I lean over and whisper in his ear, not wanting to interrupt Arturo.

 

“Maybe if your took the goggles off, you would be able to see the map better.”

 

Zafiro smiles and glances at me.

 

“You watching me, handsome?” He nudges my side.

 

I feel a blush coming on my face. Why? I was not even staring!

 

“No,” I grunt. “Why would I waste my time doing that.”

 

Zafiro snorts and turns back to the map.

 

“I see better with them on,” He says. “At least for things up close. I am farsighted. Since I can’t wear glasses while I am on a heist, I wear special goggles.”

 

Huh. Well I learn something new about him everyday.

 

“I thought they were for when you were swinging from building to building,” I say. “Does this mean you actually have glasses with you?”

 

He smirks and drums the metal claws along the table full of weapons. “Why are you asking? Is that something you are into? I know some guys find that stuff hot.”

 

Again, I am glad it is dark in here so that he can’t see me blushing. Also, I will never give him that information.

 

“Just asking,” I grumble. “A simple yes or no would have been nice.”

 

He chuckles and leans his head on my shoulder.

 

Not sure why he did it, but I can’t help a small smile coming on my lips.

 

“No, I do not,” He says. “My old glasses no longer work because my vision got worse. Now I just wear the goggles. I guess you could say that I am too lazy to go out and find some new glasses.”

 

Rolling my eyes, I stare ahead at the map.

 

“If I may ask,” Zafiro says as his finger runs along the shoulder he is resting on. “When did you get a tiger tattoo?”

 

I was about to ask how he ever saw that, but then I remember the first night he came here. I guess I was not in the best state of clothes, but I thought I was alone!

 

“I, uh, I got it when I first moved here,” I say.

 

When I first moved here, the first thing I wanted to do was rebel against my parents. Apparently that meant getting a giant tiger tattoo that was from the left side of my chest to my left shoulder.

It was pretty awful honestly. It hurt like hell and I really wish I chose something smaller and simple.

 

Unfortunately, I wanted to go all out against my parents. It actually backfired. They thought I did it to ‘always remember where I came from’. Yeah…that was totally the reason I did it.

 

“It is pretty,” Zafiro says. “I would recommend showing it off for me more.”

 

Looking down at him, I see he has a dumb grin on his face.

 

Rolling my eyes, I nudge him off my shoulder. “You are such a pervert.”

 

Zafiro laughs and brings his legs up onto the table. Arturo sends a look our way but keeps talking.

 

Looking at him again, I take in his little change to the suit.

 

It was not as covered as it was before, but Zafiro managed to find a jacket that will cover up most of everything again. Only his forearms are out for show. You can still see the pink scars on them.

 

The jacket he is wearing is a biker jacket. It is black and has some blue accents along the sleeves. The sleeves reach his elbows and the bottom barely reaches the middle of his stomach. It isn’t buttoned or zipped up so I guess it doesn’t matter how short it is.

 

Now that I think about it, it might actually be a ladies’ jacket.

 

“Are you wearing a women’s jacket?” I ask him. I can’t even hide the tease in my voice.

 

Zafiro raises an eyebrow and looks down at it.

 

With a shrug, he says, “I guess it is. It was my Mama’s.”

 

Oh well that is interesting. I am surprised she has not said anything. Nor he. Actually now that I think about it, Zafiro has not really done a lot of talking with his Mother. If anything, he has spoken with Arturo more.

 

I would ask about that, but even I know that, that is something I need to keep out of.

 

Glancing at Sophie, I see she is still on her phone.

 

“You doing alright?” I ask her.

 

She looks up at me and frowns. “Yes, of course. Don’t worry about me.”

 

Well, I am starting to see a family trait already.

 

“Just trying to keep the higher ups off of us,” She says. “They are curious as to what I am doing.”

 

I hum in response and lean my head back on my seat.

 

“How are you feeling though?” She asks.

 

With a shrug, I just sigh. “I have no idea. There is a lot going on, you know? I can only imagine how you are all taking it. I am just a guy on the sidelines!”

 

She smiles at that and then looks past me for Zafiro. He is ducked down with his hands going through wires in the table. That would be more alarming if that happened to belong to me.

 

I’m just going to turn the other way...

 

Glancing at the map, I see that we are on the edge of the orange circle.

 

We are here already? That was quick.

 

“Alright ladies,” Arturo’s voice calls. “If you feel like hiding in here like a little bitch, be my guest. Everyone else, step outside and try and keep this beauty from getting too many dents.”

 

Everyone stands and grabs a gun before opening random hatches that lead onto the different platforms on the truck.

 

Well, here we go.

 

~~~
~~~

 

Zafiro

 

I can’t help but bounce on my toes as we sit on the edge of the mayhem that Cody has unleashed.

 

Oh my god just look at it! Everyone is busy looking elsewhere and there are all these stores left unsupervised. So many precious things are just calling my name! I can hear their calls. They just need me to come over and pick them up!

 

Ugh, but the plan!

 

No, no. It’s fine! There will be a moment where I am alone. When that time comes, then I will be having my good and well earned fun.

 

Now I am not so sure which part I am more excited for. Killing Cody or collecting new goodies.

 

As we slowly move along the road, I keep tabs on any stores that really catch my eye.

 

I do love when they just flaunt their goods for me. It is even better when they show off their most shiny things right at the window. Makes stealing it that much easier.

 

Oh god. I feel like I am in some kind of heaven. So many things I can do! Maybe Cody had the right idea after all.

 

A hand on my shoulder makes me jump and I look back up at Tin Can. My nickname for him makes a lot more sense now that he has his metal skin out.

 

“Be careful, alright?” He says with worry practically dripping in his voice. “I don’t want you passed out on my table again.”

 

Smirking, I turn to him and lean on the metal sheet that is supposed to be used for cover.

 

“Don’t worry, big boy,” I pat his arm. “I can handle myself just fine.”

 

He nods and bites his lip, his gaze kept on the road in front of us.

 

“Last chance for you to run back home,” I say with a chuckle. “Nobody here would judge you...too hard.”

 

He shakes his head and clear his throat. “I’m fine. I have been in situations like this before.”

 

Raising an eyebrow, I tilt my head into his vision.

 

“You have been in the middle of something like this?” I laugh.

 

He gives me a look and sighs. “Ok, not entirely like this, but I have been in a lot of shootouts.”

 

I hum in response but smile. This poor nerd who could easily kill someone, is scared to fight. Isn’t that just precious!

 

“You’re cute when you’re nervous,” I say before pulling out my phone. “You could use a little pick me up.”

 

He raises an eyebrow at me. “Like what?”

 

“Music!” I grin. “That always puts me in a fun mood. Since you are all stressed out right now, why not bring some fun?”

 

He shakes his head and turns back to the road ahead.

 

“That would be more of a distraction than anything,” He says.

 

Smirking, I run through my playlist, trying to find a song to play. When I finally find one that should make this into a fun, little showdown, I press play.

 

Music slowly begins to drum to life. Small vibrations can be felt along the metal armor of the truck and they only start to get stronger.

 

Tin Can frowns and looks at me.

 

“Did you do this?” He asks.

 

With a grin, I start to dance as the music begins to pick up. Tin Can rolls his eyes but he has a smile on his face.

 

There we go! Mission accomplished.

 

“Zafiro!” Arturo’s voice shouts through an intercom. “How the hell did you get into the speaker of my baby? You little shit!”

 

I only laugh along and keep dancing. I even bump against Tin Can and he laughs with me.

 

As we are driving along with the music blasting through the speakers, we finally meet up with Cody’s gang. They are all running around through buildings. Most are just laughing and seem to be having a good time.

 

When they see us, my guess is that they assume we are on their side. They cheer with their guns in the air, no doubt thinking that we stole this armored truck or something along those lines. However, their cheers are cut short as someone starts shooting with a grenade launcher.

 

One of Arturo’s goons are shooting grenades into the different hordes of assholes working under Cody.

 

They all scatter like roaches. Each trying to find a place to hide.

 

All the while, the music just continues to blast on through.

 

Instantly, everyone on the truck starts blasting gunfire. Well, everyone besides me, that is. I decided to keep on dancing. I am still feeling the music!

 

Is it stupid? Yes, absolutely.

 

Am I having fun? Damn right I am!

 

I hear faint chuckling from my side and I see Tin Can watching me from the corner of his eye. He then continues back to shooting anybody who tries shooting back at us.

 

“Zafiro!” Arturo’s voice shouts again. “Come on now! Get to work!”

 

With a laugh, I give a lazy two-fingered salute to Tin Can and grapple up and off the truck.

 

This for some reason grabs the attention of some of the people with guns. They fire up after me, but they die seconds after from others on the truck.

 

My job is to scout around and find the building Cody is hiding in. It shouldn’t be too hard. Just have to find something that is new and definitely not there before.

 

While I used the music to bring Tin Can’s spirits up, I also did it so I can find my way back easier.

 

A few more people shoot up at me. When I am in the middle of flipping in the air, I aim with one of my new pistols and take my shots carefully. I really don’t want to have the problem of running out of ammo too soon again.

 

Ten seconds ago, there were four shooters. Now there are none!

 

It took a bit of a toll on my arms though. Having to swing with one arm put some strain on it, but hey, they are all dead and not me!

 

The music still blasts behind me as I swing between all the streets of the Rich Side. There are some people in the super high buildings. They look down at the wreckage of their city. When I swing by, their gazes turn to me.

 

Obviously they are not my objective, so I keep swinging.

 

After a few minutes, I stop to take a break. From what I am hearing, the truck is right below me.

 

I dance a little on top of a building as I wait for the sting in my arms to settle down.

 

Surprisingly, none of Cody’s men are up top. I guess they were too lazy to climb up here. Or maybe they had no reason to come up.

 

A few streets over, I hear gun fire and then I hear a helicopter.

 

That would be U.U.P.P.

 

Hmm...if they are over there, Cody must be too.

 

When my arms feel better, I jump off the building and swing over to where U.U.P.P. is at.

 

The streets are definitely more chaotic. It is a large shootout between gang member’s and U.U.P.P. Soldiers.

 

It actually looks like Cody’s gang is winning.

 

From what I am seeing, there is a guy who is loading up a rocket launcher. That won’t be pretty.

 

The guy runs out of his cover with the launcher balanced on his shoulder and then he fires.

 

I wince as I see the rocket traveling for the poor soldiers and look away.

 

The sound of the explosion going off is all I hear. Smoke clouds the street so I can’t see anything.

 

Frowning, I stand to leave.

 

Cody’s building is definitely over there if the gangbangers are trying that hard to fight back.

 

Before I leave though, the smoke disappears and I see that the soldiers are all still standing. Not a single thing has been damaged. Not even the road!

 

I see a flash of violet and then a small figure steps out from behind the soldiers.

 

Oh god.

 

It’s the Alentian!

 

I feel my face pale at that and I quickly run off to get to Arturo.

 

Fuuuuck.

Mekaias is back! :D
 
This chapter was hard to finish when I have so many ideas popping into my head for the next story with Raiyo. Idk why, but I have a huge problem with this. I get near the end of a story, and then I get burnt out fast when I am thinking of starting the next one!
 
Hope this chapter was at least passable.
Copyright © 2019 JujuTheDruid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

3 hours ago, Hellsheild said:

I feel the phrase full circle coming in to play within the next few chapters. 

Haha yeah that could be pretty fitting.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Time for Sophie to call the higher ups again. Cool, I really want to see Zafiro and Mekaias in a team, it will be like the Super Agility squad!

  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Sweetlion said:

Time for Sophie to call the higher ups again. Cool, I really want to see Zafiro and Mekaias in a team, it will be like the Super Agility squad!

:o This comment is interesting. It is giving me a bunch of ideas for another story in this universe...we shall see!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..