Jump to content
    Katya Dee
  • Author
  • 351 Words
  • 1,437 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Tribuo - 18. Part II, chapter 11/epilogue

- XI -

 

It was five in the evening, and I finally felt somewhat better. I stood on the front porch, staring at the doorbell for almost ten minutes. Then finally, I raised my arm and pressed the black button. I heard it ringing, and then waited. I had no idea what I was going to say.

She opened the door and just stared at me.

“Hey,” I said finally.

“Hey,” she said.

“Wanna go for a walk?”

“Sure… Let me get my coat, hold on…”

Ten or so minutes later, we were walking in the snow that was falling heavier and heavier.

“I have a bitch of a hangover,” I said.

“Yeah,” she sighed. “I figured.”

“Katie left,” I said after a few minutes.

“Oh, yeah? I never got to meet her,” she said.

“I know… You wanna go watch Pretty Woman or something?”

“Frey,” she sighed. “You hate that movie.”

“I do,” I agreed.

“Let’s just walk,” she said, and I grinned.

“Word.”

We walked silently for a bit, and finally I said:

“I love you, Lawrence. You know that, right?”

“Yeah,” she said in a small voice. “I love you too, Frey…”

The snow was falling on us like a huge fuzzy blanket, and even though I still had a headache, I felt peaceful.

 

___________________________________

 

 

EPILOGUE

 

“I don’t understand why we had to leave in a hurry!”

“Circumstances changed.”

“Seth, what happened there? In Andrew’s house?”

“It’s irrelevant. He is fine. You’ve succeeded.”

“Irrelevant… Again?!”

“This time it really is irrelevant. Just believe me when I say this… We had to go.”

“Seth…”

“Mmm?”

“There is something you are not telling me, isn't there?”

“Yes, there is.”

“You are not going to tell me, are you?”

“No, I am not. Come on. Remember what I said about taking a break?”

“Uh huh…”

“The offer is still good. How about we take a break until August?”

“Eh…”

“September?”

“Yeah… September sounds better… Where do we go?”

“Anywhere you want. Pick a place.”

“Huh… Tempting…”

 

End of Part II

to be continued...

©Katya Dee. All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 17
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

I'm glad Andrew finally handled the Dee Dee situation correctly.

Seth is trying to protect Rayne by getting her away, limiting what she knows, and diverting her with time off. They have a curious relationship. I can only wonder why Seth was drawn to interact with her originallY - This is so short it doesn't really count in the site eight hour time limit rule. Just so you know. 😛

Edited by drpaladin
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, drpaladin said:

This is so short it doesn't really count in the site eight hour time limit rule. Just so you know. 😛

Ugh, yeah I know... Originally they went separately -- a chapter, and then epilogue. But then I realized it would be even shorter... Sorry about that 😢 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..