Jump to content
    Katya Dee
  • Author
  • 389 Words
  • 1,468 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Tribuo - 73. Part V, chapter 26

- XXVI -

 

I spent the whole night in that waiting room. I even managed to get several hours of sleep in one of the larger chairs. Finally, around 8:30 in the morning, I went into the lobby and walked up to the receptionist desk.

“Can I see Rayne Jennah?” I asked.

“Just a minute,” she muttered and typed something in her computer. “Yeah,” she nodded finally. “It looks like they moved her onto a different floor a couple of hours ago… Room five-seventeen.”

“Thanks,” I breathed and raced to the elevators.

 

…I opened the door so carefully as if it was wired to the case of explosives. She was in bed, eyes closed. I tiptoed inside and closed the door. The minute I did that, her eyes opened and she stared at me.

“Sorry,” I winced. “Woke you up, huh?”

“Uh huh,” she said with a small smile. “It’s a good thing though.”

I smiled at her.

“How are you?” we said at the same time.

“I need a shower like no other,” I grinned. “But other than that, I am peachy.”

“I need a shower as well,” she sighed. “I am not peachy, but it could be worse, I guess…”

I sat next to her on the bed and took her hand. She squeezed my fingers.

“Jess’ car…?” she asked.

“Totaled,” I nodded.

“That’ll teach her,” she snorted. “To get damn snow tires…”

“Yeah,” I breathed.

I was so relieved right now that I felt lightheaded. I stroked her face with my fingertips and she closed her eyes. Now she reminded me of a cat. All she needed to do was to start purring.

“Hey,” I said after a few minutes and she opened her eyes and looked at me.

“Hey,” she smiled.

“A have a question for you,” I said very seriously.

“Shoot,” she entwined her fingers with mine.

“Do you want to spend the rest of your life with me?” I asked as seriously as before.

“Hmmm…” she bit her lower lip and frowned thoughtfully. “That sounds good, but…” She looked at me without smiling. “That means that you will have to spend the rest of your life with me…”

“I was hoping you’d say that,” I nodded solemnly, and then I kissed her without letting go of her hand.

 

©Katya Dee. All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

Rayne's last name is now Jennah? I guess you can only go so far when monkeying around with people's memories.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..