Jump to content
    Katya Dee
  • Author
  • 752 Words
  • 856 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Whale - 27. Part III, chapter 11

- XI -

 

After we were done with Williamson, and after Faith gave him two weeks' notice, we had to go to class. I mean, I had to go to class. She had to teach it. After everything that happened already this morning, the class sounded like a child's play. So we walk in, and everyone is there, of course. Even the whale. I calmed down by then, and didn't even look at her twice. But then I had an idea.

"Hey, Amy!" I said lightly, and she stared at me. "You should let everyone know why you decided to throw us to the lions!"

Everyone immediately looked at her, as if they didn't care about Faith and me anymore. That was just fine with me. The whale tried shrinking in her seat, but it wasn't successful. I grinned.

"I mean," I continued in the same light voice. "You did drop the bomb and all... And yeah, I love Faith and she loves me... It's a great feeling, by the way... But you should know about it, right? I mean, you drugged and nearly raped me in the parking lot, because you are in love, right?"

I briefly thought that this might seriously drive her to suicide. I didn't care.

"And even though you knew about us..." I shrugged. "Love is a bitch, no?"

Suddenly, Kelly Lynn gasped and stared at me, her eyes wide.

"Oh, God..." she whispered and now everyone was looking at her. "Oh my God, Luke! I am so sorry..."

I blinked. What the hell was she talking about?

"I gave her that freaking pill, Luke..." Kelly was almost crying. "I had no idea that you were with someone... I would never... Oh my God..."

That's why that shit felt so familiar! I almost slapped my forehead. Dammit, it was that muscle relaxant Kelly gave me a couple of times a while ago... I was right – I never mixed it with booze before. I started laughing. Jesus, this was like an episode of some wild reality-TV show.

"Okay, people," Faith said suddenly. "As amusing and entertaining all this is, we still have to do some math... I might not be your teacher for much longer; in fact, I just gave my two weeks' notice... But I still have to teach you something besides the scandalous facts."

"You are quitting?" Kelly muttered, and I just sighed.

Sometimes, Kelly was such a typical blonde that it was scary. Faith grinned.

"Yes," she said. "I am quitting."

 

*****

 

It was really bizarre how a week later, almost nobody cared about Faith and me anymore. I mean, there would be giggles, whispers, and some really mean looks from some people every time we would show up and leave together, but the majority seemed to think we were old news. I remember Mark shrugging at me once. "Dude," he said. "She is hot! I mean, if she was, like, sixty, then you'd probably be freaking famous for years! But she is, like, almost the same age as you, so who cares..."

Yup, that summed it up just fine. The whale had to switch schools in the middle of April, right after Faith quit for good. It seemed like everyone couldn't care less about our relationship, but the whale's actions had caused some serious waves. Nobody would as much as look at her. Even Roxy was avoiding her as if the whale had chickenpox. Soon enough, there were mean notes on her locker, paint on her chair, someone even slashed her tires. She was completely ostracized by the time Faith left school, and nobody was surprised when one of those days, she simply stopped coming back. I guess she moved or something -- I never really knew, and never cared enough to find out.

Williamson never said a single word to me until the very graduation, when he was forced to shake my hand. I thought that he was going to taze me or something, but he never did. His glares could light fires, but I ignored them.

Right after the graduation, Faith and I moved the hell out of that damn town and decided to try and settle in New York. Faith hemmed when I offered it, and said that with my blackmailing skills, we'd be able to live anywhere, not just New York. I agreed with that, and wasn't a bit surprised when she got me an actual video camera for my next birthday.

 

 

©Katya Dee. All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..