Jump to content
    Katya Dee
  • Author
  • 1,172 Words
  • 1,010 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Whale - 10. Part II, chapter 2

- II -

 

At first, I thought that things would cool off right after we slept together. That's usually what happens, right? Yeah, not with us. It seemed like we couldn't get enough of each other. I hated every minute I had to spend away from Faith. Sometimes I would tell her to call in sick or something, and I would just skip a day or two, no big deal. I mean, it happened before; everyone is used to me skipping school by now. The first time I said it, Faith just gave me a look. "Right," she said. "Like it's not bad enough that technically, I am molesting a minor right now..." I laughed at that until I had tears in my eyes. I guess technically she was right. But in reality, when it came to bed, she was the one who sometimes felt like a minor. And I would always tease her about that, and she'd thump me on the head, and then we'd just go at it again.

So I went to school every freaking day now, because I couldn't stand being away from her. I would skip history or some other useless junk like that and sneak into her office when she didn't have a class. We would never be dumb enough to actually do each other in there, thank God. We would make out like crazy, making sure the door was locked and all the windows were completely blinded, but we would never take the risk too far. I said that if someone found out about us before I was "legal," I'd probably shoot myself, so nobody did anything to her. She called me a dumbass and she was right.

I was kinda afraid of math classes first. I knew I could act well, but I wasn't sure about her. But then I realized that she could put Nicole Kidman to shame, and everything seemed to be the same. I would constantly say something in my usual manner just like everyone expected, and Faith would immediately have a nasty comeback every single time. For some reason, I felt like we were in some weird competition; and even though I would gladly slit my throat for her, I had to come up with all that sarcastic shit, hoping that one of those days the last word would be mine. Maybe someday it would happen, but it hasn't happened yet.

On the twelfth of November, I told my mother that I wouldn't be home for my birthday. Even though they had sort of given up on me, my parents would still demand to know where the hell I was spending my nights if I wasn't at home. My mother looked at me, eyes narrowed, lips tight.

"Luke," she said. "Why?"

I sighed. Why did she even care? Not like she planned a freaking surprise party. She would for my brother, but for me? Please...! She wouldn't even sign a card for me, I was sure of that. Sometimes I wondered if I was actually adopted. I mean, nobody treats their flesh and blood with so much hostility, right?

"I am going to go to my girlfriend's house," I said evenly. "And it's going to be the best birthday ever."

It was the complete truth. I was going to Faith's place, and it would be the best birthday ever. Not just because I would spend it with her, which was beyond awesome, but also because I would finally be a freaking consenting adult. My mother briefly closed her eyes.

"Luke," she said very calmly. "I know for a fact that you don't have an actual girlfriend. You never had and you never will. There isn't a woman on the face of the planet who'll be crazy enough to get involved with you."

"I love you too, mom," I said with feeling and grabbed a muffin from the plate.

"Why can't you just tell me the truth for a change?" Now she sounded pissed. "I know that you are going to hang out with some rejects; and I know that you'll be doing drugs and some slutty cheerleaders again. Just tell me the truth!"

I shrugged. I just told her the truth. It was funny how I wouldn't lie to her anymore, and she couldn't get it. I mean, I was completely honest with her ever since Faith and I got together. I told her that I was involved with someone (of course, I wasn't dumb enough to mention that Faith was my math teacher), told her that we were really serious about each other, and that we would move in together pretty soon. I hoped it would be tomorrow, but Faith said there was no way in hell we were moving in together before I graduated. I guess she was right. My mother just looked at me and sighed. She hadn't believed a single word.

"I told you what I am doing tomorrow," I said, finishing the muffin. "That's the real reason. If you want to think something else, go ahead, I don't care." My mother came closer to me and stared into my eyes. She was pretty tall, taller than Faith, and she didn't have to look up. Finally, she blinked in confusion. "You are so good at lying..." she muttered and I just rolled my eyes.

"Look," I said patiently and grabbed another muffin. "If I was going to hang out with rejects and sluts, I would probably brag to you about it. Why would I make up some lame story...? Anyway, I gotta go. I don't think I'll come home tonight, so please tell dad not to call the cops on me again, will you?"

He did it once when I didn't come home. He knew perfectly well that I was fine, and he even knew where I was. But he called the cops and told them that I was a freaking run-away, just to be spiteful. That was a fun night...

My mother looked at me with a frown. She looked like someone who was going through a huge inner struggle, which was probably the case. She called my name when I was almost by the door.

"Luke," she said uncertainly. "You really have someone? Like a permanent someone?"

"Yes," I sighed. "I told you that for longer than a month."

"Luke... Oh, God... If you are lying again..."

"See you later, mother," I rolled my eyes.

"Bring her over some day..." she said in a small voice.

"I will," I muttered, thinking that I had to graduate from freaking school first.

"Well, since I probably won't see you for the next several days... Happy birthday..."

I looked at her, startled. Am I hearing things or did she just wish me a happy birthday? Jesus, if she gives me a card, I will probably pass out right here. She didn't. Well, at least something in this life is comfortably permanent, I thought with relief.

"Thanks," I nodded and walked outside.

 

 

 

©Katya Dee. All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

Luke hasn't considered telling his parents he has a girlfriend is a terrible idea. The post facto revelation of their relationship would be just as damaging later as it would now. I'm my state, it would still be a crime.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..