Jump to content
    Katya Dee
  • Author
  • 1,694 Words
  • 1,128 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Whale - 26. Part III, chapter 10

- X -

 

LUKE

We haven't got a wink of sleep on Sunday night. We were so wide awake that it wasn't funny. I could tell that Faith was freaking out, but she never got hysterical or anything. She paced around a lot, muttering something under her breath. I heard the words "damn", "God", and "the whale." I grinned at that.

"Connor, calm down," I said. "We'll survive, okay?"

"I know that," she muttered and stopped pacing. "It's just... Ugh, we have to go there tomorrow!"

"I know," I said. "And we'll do so with a smile, Connor!"

She finally grinned, and I felt better.

"Oh, Luke," she sighed. "Do you ever wish this never happened?"

"Nope," I said lightly. "I don't give a flying shit about anyone else. This whole thing is totally worth it, and the whale can go to hell!"

Faith looked like a cat that just had two bowls of half-and-half.

"Russell," she said, and I looked at her. "Come here..."

So yeah, we haven't got a wink of sleep that night.

On Monday morning I felt like I was about to have the worst dentist appointment in my life. I was scared shitless. I could tell that Faith felt the same way, but she laughed when I told her that now I could finally drive both of us to school without worrying that someone might see us.

We left the house at 7:30, and got into the school parking lot twenty minutes later. I parked the car and looked at Faith. She was a little pale, but other than that she looked all right. I took a deep breath.

"Ready?" I asked softly.

"Me?" she snorted. "I was born ready!"

I grinned and leaned towards her. We kissed for almost five minutes, and finally, she pulled away, а smile playing on her lips.

"Let's get this show on the road," she said, and I nodded.

I turned the car off and we got out. Yeah, today is going to be interesting. It was only eight in the morning, but there was a hefty crowd by the front door already. Ah, screw this! Suddenly, I was pissed. If someone has something to say, they'd better freaking say it! Otherwise, they should just butt the hell out. Faith stopped next to me, and I grabbed her hand. She wrapped her fingers around mine, and I loved the feeling.

"With a smile, Russell," she said, and I nodded.

I put on my best smile that used to warn people to stay the hell away from me or else. Let's hope they remember it. We walked across the parking lot, and we were perfectly aware of the fact that every single pair of eyes was glued to us. I glanced at Faith, and felt almost great when I saw that little sarcastic smile of hers that used to bug the hell out of me. We finally made it to the front door, and I almost laughed when everyone so silent that I could hear someone's stomach growling.

"Oh, for crying out loud," I snorted. "Go eat something; we'll still be here when you come back. No need to starve yourself!"

There were several chuckles at that. I quickly looked around. Wonder where was the whale? I didn't see her in the crowd. Good thing too, because I was pretty sure I would lose it if I saw her stupid face anytime soon.

"Hey, guys," Faith said lightly. "Stop staring, it's impolite!" she laughed.

"Yeah, people, move it," I sighed. "Things to do, you know... People to entertain."

Finally, they moved, and silence started to break apart. I could hear a whole bunch of "Oh my God," "This is true," "This is weird," and "This is awesome!" Faith and I laughed almost in unison, and then there was Williamson. Oh, this was not good. He looked like he was about to kill both of us. He reminded me of Homer Simpson when Homer was in one of his 'Kill Bart' moods, and I couldn't help myself. I laughed. Williamson's eyelid twitched so furiously that it looked like his eye was having a seizure.

"My office..." he wheezed. "Now!!"

We followed him without unlocking our fingers. When we got into his office, Williamson slammed the door shut and turned to us. He was beyond fuming.

"Do you realize what you did?!" he hissed at Faith. "At first, I thought that it was somebody's idiotic joke, that you would defend yourselves...! And then you have a nerve to show up together?! Do you even realize that now, I will have to press charges, Faith?!"

She shrugged indifferently.

"It is certainly your right, George," she said calmly. "But I am not going to deny anything for two simple reasons. First reason is that it won't do any good. The truth is out, and more I try to defend myself and say that it's a lie, the more everyone is going to be convinced otherwise."

She took a breath and continued in the same calm voice, "And the second reason..." She looked at me and grinned. "I am too damn tired to keep pretending and hiding."

Good God, I am a sick individual. All I wanted to do right now was to start ripping off her clothes. Of course, by now, I knew that I was a sick individual, so it didn't bother me whatsoever. Williamson looked like a victim of an attempted murder.

"Faith," he said finally. "You are finished! You will have to sell shoes for the rest of your life, because I will make sure that you are not allowed anywhere near schools or universities. Also, I am going to make sure that there is a thorough investigation of the entire matter; and if the..." He stuttered. "...the... Act... Happened before Russell was of legal age, then help you God!"

"Nah," I said lightly, and Williamson looked at me with so much hatred that I would probably choke on something if I were eating right now. "You won't do any of those things."

"Russell..." he breathed heavily. "You will be expelled!"

"I don't think so," I grinned at him. "And you are not going to fire Faith; also, you will not put a single bad word on her resume. She'll give you her two weeks' notice as soon as we are done here, and the minute I graduate, we are going to move the hell out of this town."

He breathed so heavily that I thought he'd be great at making obscene phone calls. Then I thought of Darth Vader and his breathing, and I cracked up again.

"Russell..." Williamson said in a shaky voice. "I am going to..."

"You won't," I interrupted him. "Here is the thing... George..." I smiled at him the same way I smiled at the whale on Thursday night. "See, I am not a very good person, and I am not squeamish when it comes to blackmail. Hell, I blackmailed my own brother, for Chrissake!"

Faith looked at me with puzzlement in her eyes. I never told her about the little ace up my sleeve. Never thought I'd need to use it. Until today. I pulled my cell phone out of my pocket and flipped it open.

"Technology has come a long way," I said with feeling. "I mean, just think about it... What is cooler than a camera phone? You can take pictures, record sounds, and even..." I paused, browsing through my files. Finally, I found the right one. "Make little movies..."

I pushed the play button and turned my phone towards Williamson, who immediately turned paper-white. Remember that time, when he cornered Faith in her office and tried to get his hands down her blouse? Yeah, I don't think I ever mentioned the fact that before I walked in, I made sure that I got it on my nifty little camera phone. See, every time stuff like that happens, something in me simply can't resist recording it. Never know when it might come in handy.

"Faith," Williamson was saying in my phone screen. "Nobody has to know... I will make sure nobody ever knows... I am crazy about you, Faith... Your body is the only thing I dream of...! Faith, I'll double your salary, just please, let me..."

I snapped the phone shut, and gave Williamson a very tender smile.

"It might even get an Oscar," I said thoughtfully. "I mean, it's better than Gone with the Wind!"

Faith was almost shaking with silent laughter. Williamson slowly sat down.

"Russell..."

"I have several copies, by the way," I said indifferently. "So even if you try prying this phone out of my cold dead fingers, it'll still be out there, and..." I smiled at him again. "After what happened to us, you should really believe in powers of Internet Almighty. I mean, this..." I twirled the phone in my hand. "This will be like an atomic bomb versus a landmine, compared to our story if it comes out. And please, believe me when I say it... It will come out if you do anything to damage Faith's reputation, and if you will try to stop me from graduating."

Williamson didn't even blink. He stared at me, gasping for air, and for several seconds, I was afraid that he would have an actual heart attack.

"I want that file," he croaked finally, and I hemmed.

"I don't think so. I need some guarantee that you will not do anything ever. You are too spiteful, George. I wouldn't trust you with my mother's wooden spoons collection! The minute you get your hands on this file, you'll start pestering us again, and I won't like that. So, yeah... Faith will give you the two weeks' notice, you will let her work these two weeks in peace, and you won't say a single word to me, unless it's something like, 'Luke, here is the money that I owe you'... And, George..." I knew that I was a total asswipe and I didn't care. "If you will put anything funny on her resume, then help you God..."

 

 

 

©Katya Dee. All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

Definitely ballsy. Yeah, the first day back wasn't too bad at all. In someone else's words, Tie-Yah!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Mmm. A**wipe is actually something of a hero, in my view. 

Amazing what love does! 

Edited by Cris L
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..