Jump to content
    Katya Dee
  • Author
  • 593 Words
  • 1,814 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Under My Skin - 11. Part II, chapter 1

PART II

 

- I -

 

It’s been more than two months since Amber hung herself, and my numbness finally started to disappear. I was thinking of following Amber’s example for two or so weeks after her funeral, and I was so serious about it that it scared me. So I started drawing even more than I used to. I would go to school, go to work, and I would feel like I was on an autopilot, as if I was doing everything because someone programmed me. But then I would come back home and start drawing, and pain would lessen almost immediately. I could draw all night long, simply forgetting about sleep, and finally, Sam told me that if I didn’t start sleeping, I would probably kill someone when I passed out behind the wheel of my car. The thought was scary, and I started setting an alarm clock for my drawing sessions. I would set it for 2:30 in the morning, and once it went off, I would unwillingly put away my pencils and go to bed, where I would fall asleep almost instantly.

By the end of January, I applied to three different art colleges. Two of them were local, and the third one was in Arizona. Christy and I hung out less than we used to, because she would spend all her time with Alex. It was really bizarre, but ever since Amber’s funeral, I didn’t feel as crazy as I used to about Alex. I still found him incredibly attractive, and I would still long for him, but now it wasn’t the same desperate love that was torturing me since September.

I was really surprised when I never dreamt of Amber. I would dream of Alex, Christy, Sam, and even Matt, but never of Amber. It was as if God had finally decided to show some mercy and not torture me in my sleep. I was really grateful for that, and I started to say a short prayer every night before I went to bed. Somehow, it was making me feel better.

Sam and I talked a lot lately, and I felt really good after our conversations. I guess it was somewhat inevitable for us to end up in bed together, which happened on the last day of January, and there were no wine or drugs to blame. It just happened. I couldn’t believe how right and normal it felt to me. We were talking about something (I don’t even remember what it was right now), and then both of us fell silent at the same time, and the next thing I knew, his mouth was caressing mine, and my hands were all over him.

Then, some hazy time later, we ended up in his bedroom, and soon after that, we stripped each other somewhat hastily. I remember how badly my hands were shaking. It was weird, but the thought of Alex Landon hadn’t occurred to me even once. It was Sam I was seeing; it was Sam I was inhaling and tasting; it was Sam I craved right then.

After that happened, I was really afraid that things would get weird between us, but Sam just shrugged and said that nothing would change unless I started freaking out again. I laughed at that and was enormously relieved when nothing changed.

Life was slowly returning back to normal – or in my case, semi-normal – and on the second week of February, I almost believed that I finally got my redemption. Boy, was I wrong...

©Katya Dee. All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Love 3
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wow! Short chapter. So, Jake applied to three art colleges, his hots for Alex cools to a simmer and he ends up in bed with Sam. As he said, it was inevitable. I think it was inevitable too. No fireworks, though?

And then you throw in a cliff hanger in at the end, Katya Dee. I hope you follow up soon. Although very short, good chapter, Katya Dee.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

If he hadn't gone through the period of remorse and depression after Amber's death, he would have been cold, cruel, and insensitive; practically sociopathic.

I figured the closeness of Sam would turn into heat at some point. He is really a near perfect boyfriend.

The final words are ominous. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
52 minutes ago, Katya Dee said:

/cue ominous music

Have some in mind? 🎶

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Katya Dee said:

Anything by Tiny Tim ><

I'll just 'tip toe' around that one.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..