Jump to content
    Katya Dee
  • Author
  • 912 Words
  • 2,316 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Under My Skin - 16. Part II, chapter 6

- VI -

 

A week later, my face looked somewhat decent, and I was relieved that I didn’t look like Frankenstein’s monster when I went back to school. When Sam saw me that night, a week ago, he laughed so hard that he had tears in his eyes.

“Very impressive,” he breathed finally and I shot him a dirty look.

“I am glad you like it,” I said evenly. “Hopefully, it’ll go away soon enough so I don’t scare customers away... Nobody wants to buy a cell phone from a guy who looks like he robs gas stations for a living...”

Sam started laughing again.

“Jake,” he said finally. “Please tell me that Landon looks even worse...”

I grinned.

“I broke his nose,” I nodded and Sam high-fived me.

 

I smiled when I remembered that and parked my car. I took a deep breath when I was getting out and thought that I would not see red the minute I spotted Landon. I knew that he also got suspended for a week – Christy told me. I grinned and thought that sometimes Hailey’s bullheadedness was quite refreshing. I mean, technically, Landon should’ve been off the hook, since I was the one who started the fight. But I guess the fact that Christy walked in on him while he was screwing Danetta, played in my favor, and Hailey suspended him as well. Female solidarity is a great thing sometimes.

I was impressed with myself when I managed to keep my temper under control when I saw Landon. He glared at me briefly, and then we were ignoring each other until the end of the day, which was more than fine with me. It was weird how much I changed since September. I mean, back then, I would never let myself to feel this way, to hate someone so much, that I wouldn’t mind killing them. But I guess back in September, I would never even think that I would end up making love to a guy and relish every minute of it. I shrugged. Shit happens, I thought. As long as Landon didn’t come anywhere near Christy, I’d leave him alone, even though it would feel exquisite to break his neck. I hemmed quietly under my breath, thinking that it was almost unreal how quickly I was able to go from loving him madly to hating him so much that my blood almost boiled every time I saw his face.

Everything was somewhat fine until the second week of May. Landon and I would go to greatest lengths to ignore each other; Christy was doing much better; and Sam and I were seriously considering going to Massachusetts this summer and getting married. The very thought scared the hell out of me at first, but then I realized that I couldn’t stop thinking about it and about how much I wanted to do it.

When I told Christy about it, her eyes immediately got that dreamy far-away look that used to make me snort before. Now I was almost positive that I looked the same way the minute I started talking – or thinking for that matter – about Sam and the whole marriage thing. She was dragging me to the mall every chance she got to look at dresses and whatnot. “I will be your best man, right?” she asked for probably fiftieth time, and I started laughing. “Summers,” she said dangerously. “I’d better be your best man or else!” I hugged her and said that yes, she would most definitely be my best man if I ever decided to go through with this idea. “Are you going to tell your parents?” Christy asked, and I cringed. Probably not. My father would kill me on the spot, and he’d think that he was doing a right thing and was saving my soul. Christy sighed when I told her that, but agreed with me.

“Hey,” she cheered up almost immediately. “My dad can give you away!”

I almost groaned.

“Jesus,” I muttered. “Bailey, just shut up about the whole thing... It doesn’t even work like that...! Plus,” I added. “How come you automatically assume that I am the freaking bride?!”

She looked at me like I just told her Mojave Desert was covered in ice.

“Summers,” she sighed. “I know you better than anyone else, okay? And I can almost see you....”

“La-la-la-la!!!!” I almost screamed. “For the love of everything that is still sacred, do not finish that sentence!!”

She laughed so hard that I suspected she peed her pants again. I was so extremely relieved to see her back to normal that sometimes, I felt like crying. After the rape, she looked frighteningly indifferent and calm. Her eyes were so empty that she looked like a zombie in one of those Resident Evil movies. Now she looked alive again and she would laugh a lot. Not as much as she used to, but a hell of a lot more than she did back in April.

I decided to be smarter this time, and I would not let myself think that this was my redemption or that everything would be great from now on. I knew that the minute I let myself to relax, I’d be hit in the face by something nasty. So I decided to go with the flow and not to think anything. It worked great. Until the night when God decided He was bored.

 

Sorry it took me so long to update -- it's that time of the year again 😣 Two words: The Nutcracker (don't ask)... However, I'm not going to fall of the face of the planet any time soon, and will update promptly!
©Katya Dee. All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 24
  • Love 5
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

If we didn't know what the Nutcracker is, it would sound very painful. 😛

 

Oh my. When God is bored, look out.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..