Jump to content

Paper Walls 1. The Hangout Chronicles

   (5 reviews)

Ryder is good looking, popular and on the top of his football game. At fifteen what more can a teenager want? When his dad a legendary coach takes a new coaching position his life is uprooted, and so is the past that starts to take a toll on Ryder.

Copyright © 2017 KD_stories; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 0
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 0
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 3,772 Words
    • 6,962 Views
    • 22 Comments
  • 2. Chapter 2
    • 3,232 Words
    • 5,173 Views
    • 9 Comments
  • 3. Chapter 3
    • 2,921 Words
    • 5,259 Views
    • 13 Comments
  • 4. Chapter 4
    • 1,575 Words
    • 4,414 Views
    • 13 Comments
  • 5. Chapter 5
    • 1,803 Words
    • 4,414 Views
    • 14 Comments
  • 6. Chapter 6
    • 2,207 Words
    • 4,639 Views
    • 15 Comments
  • 7. Chapter 7
    • 2,679 Words
    • 4,264 Views
    • 9 Comments
  • 8. Chapter 8
    • 3,077 Words
    • 4,340 Views
    • 12 Comments
  • 9. Chapter 9
    • 3,084 Words
    • 4,694 Views
    • 15 Comments
  • 10. Chapter 10
    • 1,484 Words
    • 4,249 Views
    • 5 Comments
  • 11. Chapter 11
    • 3,267 Words
    • 4,274 Views
    • 15 Comments
  • 12. Chapter 12
    • 3,022 Words
    • 4,556 Views
    • 10 Comments
  • 13. Chapter 13
    • 3,162 Words
    • 5,715 Views
    • 18 Comments
  • 14. Chapter 14
    • 3,097 Words
    • 4,182 Views
    • 6 Comments
  • 15. Chapter 15
    • 3,198 Words
    • 4,559 Views
    • 7 Comments
  • 16. Chapter 16
    • 2,992 Words
    • 4,148 Views
    • 11 Comments
  • 17. Chapter 17
    • 4,820 Words
    • 4,810 Views
    • 15 Comments
  • 18. Chapter 18
    • 4,684 Words
    • 4,941 Views
    • 18 Comments
  • 19. Chapter 19
    • 5,949 Words
    • 4,873 Views
    • 13 Comments
  • 20. Chapter 20
    • 3,617 Words
    • 4,561 Views
    • 18 Comments
  • 21. Chapter 21
    • 4,616 Words
    • 4,786 Views
    • 11 Comments
  • 22. Chapter 22
    • 4,243 Words
    • 4,745 Views
    • 13 Comments
  • 23. Chapter 23
    • 5,465 Words
    • 4,076 Views
    • 13 Comments
  • 24. Chapter 24
    • 6,679 Words
    • 4,553 Views
    • 11 Comments
  • 25. Chapter 25
    • 18,313 Words
    • 6,133 Views
    • 23 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Dahawk

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

KD immerses you into Ryder's life and family. Hands down he provides all of us with an awesome story, leaving you wanting... no needing more. Beautifully done KD.

  • Like 4
  • Love 2
Link to review
rustle

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

K, you done good. I cannot say it enough. So this is for your readers.

 

Follow this author.

 

I've read his work on Nifty, and it was raw, but it had spirit and heart. I nagged him then about editing for him. Then he came to GA, and I finally convinced him to try working with me when I produced a fan email I'd sent him years ago.

 

He busted his butt on this story, and it shows. He took it places I'd never expect, and took me with him. I love his characters, and I admire his vision.

 

Track down some of his other work, and give it a chance. You won't be disappointed.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to review
Brayon

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This was a fantastic story. As someone that struggles with Bipolar, Depression, and Anxiety, I must say the Author hit this one out of the park. The characters are entertaining and are very realistic. While, football (real football, not soccer) is not really my sport, I found the sports atmosphere well researched and portrayed. The main character and a supporting character were both ones I could relate too.

  • Love 2
Link to review
amicusets

   2 of 3 members found this review helpful 2 / 3 members

2.5* but I rounded up.

Like most any piece of writing, Paper Walls has its strengths and its weaknesses. 

The strength that carried me through all 25 "chapters" lay in the natural talent of the author. He has a nice way with words and that is not something that can be said for everyone. Paper Walls is an easy read that is mostly enjoyable. It's the type of work one looks for when home sick-- something that can help an otherwise gloom mood, and by being mostly light and airy, it doesn't get too mired in the darker aspects of the human psyche.

The weaknesses, though, are plentiful and apparent. The greatest being the desultory or unmoored story, itself. Having read the whole work, I am still unsure what the tale was really about. Timelines were arbitrary, characters were mercurial and capricious, and facts established were not rooted in terra firma. The story appears to have been developed on the fly with no forethought by the author of the story that he wished to convey or how it would end. Characters appear toward the end that have no real connection to the preceding work and barely alter the course of ending while previously important characters vanish in the middle under the most reasonable explanation of ANY of the characters throughout the story. The inordinate tragedies affecting this group of teenagers would be overwhelming, but luckily, the author chooses to not dwell of the horrific events that have affected them-- but that only begs the question as to why one would then include them since they play very little if any role in the story except to minimally cause "drama"?

The writer had some nice characters and had he worked through the details and storyline with a thoughtful eye and ear toward editing really delivered it into the end zone, but sadly, the story becomes lost and his attempt at a 'Hail Mary' fails to deliver.

I suspect that Paper Walls is the first attempt by the author of such an undertaking. He should be commended for his effort. I suspect, if he focuses, his future works will hit the mark. He has ability.

  • Like 2
Link to review
Benji

   3 of 6 members found this review helpful 3 / 6 members

B).....................Glad to see this story continued, well the biggest worry is gone with the pressure of the 'game' being over. And with Ryder and Tyler finally take that other step, which was very nicely written. A lot into this chapter with Ryder getting ready to leave for college, Wilder opening up a bit more, Jaxson come out and adds a BF.  If that's not enough we learn that Jeremy is going to be a daddy.

I'm afraid paper walls is going to need a part 2.  Great chapter!

Response from the author:

It did get another part! I have posted the first chapter of the second book! 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Angry 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..