Jump to content
    KD_stories
  • Author
  • 6,900 Words
  • 2,861 Views
  • 15 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Weigh Down - 2. Chapter 2

As promised here is Chapter 2!

Again I do not have an editor so it may be a little rough! I took my time going back over it for a few days!

 

ENJOY!

I grip the armrest as the plane shakes, “You ok Jack?” Mr. Castiglione asks.

I nod, not trusting my voice, plus I am trying to keep from puking up my breakfast. I look at him smirking at me, and I narrow my eyes at him. It was a nice private jet; the seats are leather and massive I had my legs tucked under me and I still had room.

I watch him intensely, “So Jack, this your first time flying?”

I nod my head, “Yeah, I didn’t know it would be this nerve-wracking.”

He laughs, “So, Joshua why don’t we drop the fake names, and you can call me Clint.

I instantly feel like ice has been shot into my veins, “how do you know my real name?”

He tosses something at me and I catch it. “Your wallet, it dropped out in my car the other night.”

I don’t know what to say. “You knew this whole time?” I ask.

He nods, “I was waiting to see if you were going to keep up this charade.” He says waving his hand.

“Would it have worked?”

He laughs, “You have no idea what my job is, do you? I own the top private security agencies in the United States. I knew Jack wasn’t your name the moment I met you. You don’t respond to it right away as you did when I called you by your actual name. Don’t worry most people wouldn’t have caught on to it, but I have had years of training.”

“Oh…” I feel stupid cause I wished I would have done a google search of Clint. I should have known who I was getting on a plane with. I bet Taylor knew that’s why he was ok with me going this weekend.

He nods his head, “So do you actually have a twin?”

I look Clint over, he is handsome…. No, I am not crushing on him at all. “Yeah, I do have a twin and yes he is actually the football jock straight asshole,” I spit out trying to keep the discontent out of my voice.

He intertwines his fingers together, “You sound pretty angry at him. How did you get into your job?”

“I had no choice I needed money and it pays really good,” I say looking out of the little window watching the clouds. They look so fluffy.

“Everyone has a choice.” He says.

I can’t keep the from rising in my voice, “Joe, outed me to our mom, and she kicked me out! I was on the street for a few months at 16, and I found out that my aunt lived close by almost a year later.”

This takes him by surprise, “What do you mean you lived on the streets for a few months? Where did you stay?”

I hesitate, “Taylor found me and took me in. I don’t really remember much other than I was so cold that I was curled up on a bench, and the next thing I remember is being placed in a car and then a bed.” I tell him

“Have you been working as a model since then? Did Taylor make you do that to stay there?” He asks concern growing into anger.

“NO, Taylor would never have done that. He gave me a roof over my head, and his wife loved me like I was her son. They are the ones who found out my aunt was living close by. I started working for Taylor when I turned 18.”

He eases, “So you have been doing this less than a year, and you are pretty popular huh?”

I shrug my shoulder, I don’t like bragging about things, “I guess.”

He nods his head, “How were you outed?”

Joe busted into my room at me…. masturbating to a social media star shirtless. He got really loud about me being gay and my mom was home well he told her and it got ugly, she wanted me to go to church to pray the demon out of me. I was kicked out, he eventually came around to me being gay. My mom kicked him out soon after she kicked me out, she didn’t believe Joe when he said he wasn’t gay. She skipped town, and Joe found me even though I tried to avoid him guess that was kind of pointless when we go to the same school. So, he followed me until he found out where I was staying and told Taylor about my aunt.” I tell him.

“I’m sorry Josh, no one should ever be outed like that. Have you and Joe tried to repair your relationship?” He asks.

I shrug my shoulders, “There isn’t anything to repair. I deal with him because he’s my twin. I know he feels guilty about it, but he didn’t spend time on the streets, I did. I don’t think he really understands what he did to my life.”

“Did you lose your virginity doing this job?” He asks concerned.

I can’t help but laugh, “No! I have never have sex with clients other escorts might but not me.”

He lets out a breath, “That’s good to know.”

I lean forward. “So why are you paying for my services?” I press.

He smirks, “I told you, I get lonely and sometimes you want to be around someone who doesn’t know you in and out.”

“That’s not convincing.” I tell him acting bored of the conversation.

He lets out a laugh, “You want honesty?”

“I told you my story?” I say putting on the boyish charm.

He shakes his head, “You can stop trying to charm me, Josh. Truth be told, we are going to a party which I told you. She is my fiancé, and my son is flying in from Italy. I thought you two may hit it off.”

I just stare at him dumbfounded. “Wait you’re not gay?”

He shakes his head, “No.”

“But you said you don’t fuck anyone younger than thirty last weekend.” I say.

He laughs, “I said I don’t have sex with anyone younger than Thirty my fiancé is 39. I didn’t lie to you Joshua. You know if you would have done your research you would have known this.”

I feel so dumb, I don’t know what to even say. I let my body hit the back of the seat. “So, you're renting me for your son? So, he can fuck me?”

He lets out a sigh, “Jesus, Josh please watch your language, and no I don’t expect you to have sex with my son. He’s been in Italy for 4 months trying to find himself after his mother died. He has been doing a lot of charity work over there. Before you ask yes, he is gay, and he hasn’t had many boyfriends, honestly, I am not sure if he has had one at all. I am not expecting you to like him or have sex with him. Maybe you two can be friends? You look like you could use one and I know he could use a friend as well.”

I just stare at Clint trying to understand what the fuck is actually happening right now. I guess he took my silence as bad thing. “Forgive me this is just something money can’t solve, I guess. Maybe this was a mistake. You can stay at the hotel.” He tells me firmly.

I feel bad, he looks embarrassed and frustrated at the same time. “What’s your son’s name?” I ask.

He doesn’t hear me, because he is busy tapping away on his phone looking through his reading glasses. “CLINT!”

He snaps his head up, “Sorry, I was looking into a hotel for you. I will put you in a nice hotel and make sure you have money to spend and just enjoy the weekend in New York. I will pick you up Monday morning to fly home.”

“I didn’t ask for all that…I asked what your son’s name was.”

He takes off his glasses, “His name is Gavin.”

“Gavin?” I ask.

He nods his head and hands me his phone, I am looking at a slim really tanned skin young man smiling and the most beautiful green eyes I have ever seen. “Is this Gavin?”

“Yeah, that’s my pride and joy.” He says smiling. I look at the picture one more time and hand it back to him. “Well, what do you think?”

“He’s gorgeous.” I say laughing and covering my face. “I feel like I have seen him somewhere.” I say not looking at Clint.

“You may have seen him before. He has done a lot of modeling, and he knows those social media boys.” He says waving his hand around dismissively.

I turn red in the face I know exactly where I saw him before. “I think you are right I have seen him on some posts from Instagram.” I say.

“You okay?” He asks.

I nod my head, I damn sure don’t want to bring up the reason I know him. “So, how does that work. I mean you’re okay with him being in the spotlight?”

He mulls this over for a minute, “Gavin’s mother and I decided we would let him make his choices. This is what he wanted, he chose to model following in his mothers’ footsteps. He’s got a massive heart, I don’t know what I did to deserve such a son.” He gushes.

“You’d be okay with him dating someone like me?” I ask.

“What do you mean someone like you? You mean someone who is a sex cam model? I don’t care what your title is, but if you and Gavin do hit it off we would all need to discuss your job. This is all hypothetical of course.” He adds.

I let out a laugh, “Yeah, it’s very hypothetical. I mean your son could have anyone in the world. Look I am going to be honest with you Clint. I am not seeing much hope or whatever it is you are wanting to accomplish by having me here. I have known rich pretty boys they are all assholes, but I will go along with it, but it’s going to cost you.” I tell him being honest.

He half chuckles, “You don’t know Gavin he isn’t most rich pretty boys. He actually cares about people.”

“Still going to cost you all the same.” I say not backing down.

“You are a dangerous guy. No wonder Taylor is very fond of you.”

I shrug, “If you are good at something never do it for free.” I tell him. I feel proud that I navigated that so well. “So, does Gavin have like his own bodyguard?”

“Yeah, he does, it’s a woman actually. She used to be in the army, and he requested to have a female bodyguard.”

“Oh, yeah?” I ask intrigued.

Clint nods his head, “her name is Jane.”

“So like G.I. Jane?” I say laughing.

Shaking his head Clint lets out a sigh, “If you tell her that she’s liable to rip your head off.”

I stop laughing, “Poor joke.”

It’s only now that I really start to feel out of place…I am wearing joggers and a white t-shirt. Of course, Clint is dressed in a blue suit today. “So, what is the dress code for this party?” I ask.

“It’s a very classy party.” He says putting his foot on his knee.

I make a face, “I don’t have a suit.” I admit.

He smiles, “I figured, I went ahead and had one tailored for you.”

“Wait how did you know what size I even wear…wait don’t answer that fucking Taylor.” I spit out.

“Joshua let’s watch the language please.” He scolds me.

I just grin, I don’t know why I act like this when I am in a situation, I use sarcasm and jokes to make myself feel comfortable with me being uncomfortable. I take my phone out, and I have over ten messages from Joe. It surprised me, but I remembered there is wifi on the plane.

-What?

-Joe: Where are you? I wanted to go to the mall.

-I am out of town this week. I told Aunt Lydia.

-Joe: U didn’t tell me!

-Didn’t know, I had to clear it with u.

-Joe: Fuck Josh, u ever going to stop hating me?

-I don’t hate u.

-Joe: U don’t like me.

- Idk what u want me to do.

-Joe: I want u to stop hating me, and just be my twin. Like we used to be

-Before u outed me to our homophobic mother?

I know that was a low blow, but I really don’t know what else to say. I don’t hate Joe, but he isn’t my particularly my favorite person ever. It sucks because he is my brother my Twin, and we used to be so close we had that whole twin telepathy where we knew what each other was thinking and we could finish each other’s sentences, but I don’t know if we can ever recover from this shit.

One of the waitresses comes over to fill up my apple juice. “here you go.” She says winking at me.

I just smile, “thanks.”

I look over at Clint, who is now looking over a folder, and flips through a few pages. I watch him, I wonder what kind of dad he is…. did Gavin like growing up with him or was he the type to always work and now has to make up for it.

“What are you looking at?” I ask trying to look at the folder.

He closes it and takes his glasses off, “A potential new client.”

“Anyone I may know?” I ask smiling.

He shrugs his shoulder, “It’s possible.” Closing the folder and looking at his watch.

“Why do you say it’s possible?” I ask more intrigued than before.

He sits back and takes a drink of his water. “I look over what they are needing a body guard for and how long. If it’s just a temporary thing or permeant. If it is permanent then I need to know what exactly the security would be dealing with on a day to day basis so I can assign someone.”

“Sounds like a ton of work. So are you going to provide them security.”

He shrugs, “More than likely yes.”

I can tell when a conversation is closed, and I am sure Clint is not wanting to talk anymore about it so I decide to change it. “What are we going to do once we get to New York?”

He smiles, “Well, we get in a car and head to the hotel, or we can get lunch since it will be a little after 12 when we land.”

I think it over, “Lunch would be great I am starving. Will it just be us?” I ask wondering if there was a chance Gavin would be joining.

“I am not sure yet. I know Gavin should be in the city whether he wants to meet for lunch is up to him. Why are you wanting him to meet us there?”

I shrug my shoulder, “I just want to know so, we can get our story straight on how you know me. I really doubt you want him knowing I am an escort.”

He lets out a sigh, “Yes, I have been thinking about that. I think we should go with you are an intern working as my assistant. That should suffice.”

I nod, “So I’m a coffee bitch?” I chuckle.

Clint rolls his eyes, and I apologize telling him I would watch my language. “Joshua besides the party tonight. Tomorrow will be virtually a free day to do as you want, we just have to make sure you are cautious.” He says.

I look at him strangely, “Why did you say it like that?”

He takes a few seconds to answer, “Well I don’t want Gavin, or you bombarded by paps or fans. If you and Gavin decide to “chill” or go out in public together”

I laugh, “chill really?”

He grins, “What I am hip, I’m cool.”

I role my eyes at him. “Gavin isn’t publicly, out is he?”

Clint shakes his head, “No, we talked about it and we thought it would be better to keep as much of his private life private.”

The stewardess comes by and lets us know that we are going to be landing soon. I look over at Clint who finishes his drink and hands it over. How bad is landing?” I ask.

He shrugs his shoulder, “I don’t think it’s that bad.”

I try to focus anything else but the plane as we start to land, the wheels finally hit the runway and I let a breath of air out. I feel my phone start to vibrate, and I look at it. My twins face pops up on the screen.

I answer the phone, “What, Joe?”

“Where are you?” he says over the phone.

I roll my eyes, “I told you I am out of town this weekend.”

He lets out a sigh, “Why?”

I follow Clint out of the plane and down the stairs, I spot a black limo waiting on us I let Clint lead the way. “I was invited on a trip, it’s not work related. If that is what you are wondering.”

“Well, I was in Denver and someone thought I was Jack.” He says.

I get into the limo not really looking up from the ground, “Fuck! Did you say anything? What happened?”

“I told him I had no fucking clue what he was talking about, the guy looked like he didn’t believe me until Jill came up and put her arm around my waist. I thought you were being careful Josh?

“I am! I can’t help that, fuck Joe. Damnit, I didn’t think that would happen.” I say looking at my shoes.

“How careful are you actually being Josh? I take it Jack is your porn name?”

I let out a sigh and rub my eye with my free hand, “I’m sorry Joe. I will fix this when I get home I promise.”

“I’m not even mad Josh, I just want you to be careful I worry about you brother. I love you.” He says, and I can hear it in his voice he is being sincere.

“I…uh…you too, look I gotta go. I will see you when I get back in town.” I tell him and hang up.

I put my phone in my pocket, “Sorry for the cussing. Just Joe again.” I say and look up to Clint, but it wasn’t Clint that my eyes met with. It was Gavin’s eyes looking at me. He has a smile on his lips looking at me. “You aren’t Clint.”

He shakes his head, “No, No I’m not.”

I look around the Limo and Clint is a little farther down talking on his phone. I look back at Gavin who is still eyeing me with that grin. “So…how are you?” I ask, and I feel so stupid as soon as it comes out of my mouth, I wished I could jump out of this car. Why the fuck do I clam up around anyone that is attractive!

He shrugs his shoulder just like Clint. “I’m good, a little tired from my flight, but good.”

His green eyes look at me, and I can’t keep eye contact with him. “Oh, cool. Well, welcome back to the states.” I cringe because I know I sound so stupid.

Clint finally joins us, “Hey boys. I see you two have met?”

“Actually, we haven’t officially met.” Gavin says extending his hand.

I give an awkward smile, “Joshua…Josh.” I say shaking his hand.

He smiles and flashes perfectly white teeth. “Gavin.”

I sit back, and Gavin gives his dad a hug, “I missed you, buddy.” Clint tells him.

“Missed you too, I cannot wait to show you all the pictures and the stuff I accomplished.” He says enthusiastically.

I just sit there feeling out of place, if I would have known he wanted me to meet his son, I would have never agreed to this trip. Gavin turns his attention to me, and I shift uncomfortably, it’s not because he is rude I just don’t know how to act around him. “Hey, is everything ok at home? It sounded like it was serious on the phone.” He says looking concerned.

“Uh…yeah, I just didn’t lock the…the gate and the dog got out. It was my brother that called so it’s all good.” I say looking at Clint to help me out.

“You have a brother, is he older or younger?” Gavin asks scooting to the edge of his seat not.

I fidget with my fingers, “He’s um…actually my twin.” I say giving a nervous laugh.

“Wait, you have a twin brother? Are you identical or fraternal?”

“We are identical, as in there is almost no way to tell us apart when we are together.” I tell him and cringe as soon as the words are out of my mouth. Real smooth Josh real fucking smooth.

“So, Gavin. Joshua here works as my assistant at the office. I figured I would bring him along since he would be around everyone more often now.” Clint says changing the subject.

I look at him and mouth thank you when Gavin was no longer focusing on me. I finally relax a little bit as they start talking to each other. I try to keep my breath even though my anxiety is at an all-time high. I guess that would be one way to tell me and Joe apart, I have severe anxiety in social situations where he doesn’t. In fact, he is a social butterfly he always has been, and it’s always made me jealous of him.

I don’t mean to ease drop on them I just couldn’t help it. “Is Xander here already?” Gavin asks his dad.

Clint shakes his head, “He didn’t want to come and I didn’t feel like having a fight, so I left him with Oli.”

Gavin just shakes his head, “He does realize, he will one day need to get out into the world that he can’t always hide away. I mean considering who his mom is.”

Clint puts his hand on Gavin’s shoulder, “I know, he will eventually on his own time.”

“I didn’t mean to listen in, but Clint who is your fiancé?” I ask, and Gavin gives me a look.

Clint chuckles and clasps Gavin’s shoulder again. “Josh here is clueless about anything our family does. It’s like he doesn’t know what Google is. My wife is Natalie Rahle.”

I give him a confused look, “As in the country star Natalie?”

Gavin and Clint laugh at my question, and it irks me. “That would be the one.” Gavin says.

“How the hell was I supposed to know? I just work for you Clint, I didn’t know I needed to do homework on you.”

He smiles, “Well if you are going to keep being my assistant, you need to know my life very well. You didn’t find it odd that you had to sign all the NDAs when I hired you?”

I feel stupid because I didn’t even think about that when I signed them before getting on the plane this morning. Well, I thought it was just like normal I can’t tell company secrets.

“I am sure those were in the NDA as well, but dude family life is more important than company secrets.” Gavin tells me with a smile.

At this point I just bite my tongue I feel fucking stupid about everything, and I hate this feeling I clinch my fists so I don’t say anything out of line I need something to distract myself so I take out my phone and realize I am way in over my head with this shit. My phone vibrates, and I see the text notification, it’s Cline. “You okay?” It reads.

Me: Yup, just feeling like a dumbass.

Clint: didn’t mean for you to feel that way

Me: Sure seems like it.

Clint: It’s just teasing….besides I think Gavin is interested in you.

Me: doubtful.

Clint: look up.

I let out a sigh and look up, and my eyes meet Gavin’s intense green eyes. It takes me back a bit, and he offers a sly grin, and I can help but feel the heat rise in my cheeks. “What!”

He shakes his head, “You looked so focused on whoever your texting.”

I just shake my head, “My twin.”

Gavin cocks his head, “Is he okay?”

I laugh, “yeah, he’s just, being himself and asking a million and one questions about everything.”

“How is it having a twin?” He asks.

I shrug my shoulder, “I mean, it was cool growing up you have like a friend with you at all times. I mean sometimes you need space it wasn’t all bad.”

“Is it now?” he asks.

My smile leaves my face. “That’s a complicated question.”

“Oh, I didn’t mean to pry.” He says apologetically.

I shrug it off, “Nah, it’s all good. So where are we going to eat I am starving.” I say laughing.

“I am going to guess that pizza joint?” Clint says looking at Gavin.

He smirks, “You already know that! I love that place it has the best pizza in the world!” He says looking at me.

I can’t help but enjoy the enthusiasm he is showing about something he likes, “I could totally destroy a pizza.” I comment.

I look around the rest of the limo and realize it’s only us in the back. I look back to Gavin with a confused look, “What’s wrong?” he asks.

“I was told you had a bodyguard, but I don’t see her….”

He smirks, “She’s up front with the driver. I will introduce you to her when we get to the restaurant.”

“Is it weird having a female bodyguard?”

He cocks his head, “it’s different yes. Weird no, I enjoy it more, Jane is damn good at her job, plus we don’t face a lawsuit if she needs push a female fan back. I have seen her take down some of our biggest guards in training. “

“That’s pretty cool.” I say not knowing what else to even talk about.

He leans forward, “So are you in school?”

I nod, “Freshman in college.”

“Wait, do you live on campus…...like in a dorm?”

I think about how to answer this question because if I am honest, I am at the dorm room maybe twice a week if that on most weeks. I stay at my aunt's, and if anything, I stay at Taylor's …well the workhouse. “Yeah less than half the time, if I am not there I am at my aunt's.”

“Not your Mom’s or Dad’s house?” He asks.

“No. I lived with my aunt before college.” I say, hoping he won't get into this. The last thing I was to do is air all my family drama out to this amazing guy so I decide to steer the conversation away from me a good trick I learned in the business. “What about you, do you plan to go to college now that you are back?”

He shrugs his shoulder and sits back, “Haven’t given it much thought honestly. Jane has been trying to convince me to go back. I told her it would be a security nightmare. She laughed at me.”

“I am sure once the buzz of you being back in the states wears off things should calm down right?” I ask.

Gavin let’s out a full laugh, “Yeah, until I am out on a date, or go to the mall, or just hang out.”

Oh, you’re dating someone?” I ask with the interest.

He shakes his head, nope. No one wants to commit when you have security with you at all time and plus you don’t get many points by making a date sign a bunch of NDAs. No matter where we go their photo will end up in trash magazines and their whole personal life will be in the spotlight.”

“That’s a big yikes,” I say. I don’t know how he handles being under the spotlight all the time.

Clint finally looks up from his phone. “Boys, I hate to drop you off at the pizza place, but I have to take care of some stuff that can’t wait.”

“Do you need me to come with?” I ask still trying to play the part of an assistant.

Clint shakes his head, “No, I promised you some time off. I am sure Gavin would like the company.”

I look to Gavin who shrugs his shoulders. The car comes to a stop, and the door opens. A young blonde is waiting for Gavin she hands him a hat and sunglasses he puts them on and slides out of the limo. Before I get out I look at Clint. “Is this part of your plan? I ask.

“No, I do have some stuff to finish up, I will have a car come and pick you two up and take you to the hotel.” He says turning his attention back to his phone.

I get out of the limo, and Jane shuts the door. She is slim, her brown eyes laser focused scanning everything around us. Gavin stopped right at the door and is looking back at me. I finally walk over to where he is stand and Jane passes us both going into the pizza place. “Is this normal?” I ask

He nods, “She goes in first to mark it safe.” He says all relaxed.

Jane pops her head back out, “We are good.”

I follow Gavin, and we are taken to a separate room. I take a seat across from Gavin and Jane takes a seat to the right of him. A waiter walks in promptly, it’s a girl around my age. Gavin still has on his hat and glasses, I don’t think she knows who he is yet.

“How can I help you?” She asks.

“Three glasses of water with lemon, a pepperoni deep dish large.” Jane says smiling at her, she looks over at me and scrunches her brows, “You aren’t a vegetarian or some shit right?”

“Uh…no I like meat a lot.” I say and blush and hang my head at how that sounds. I look up and Gavin is trying not to laugh.

The waitress leaves and Gavin takes off his hat and glasses. “So, you love meat huh?” Jane asks.

I feel my cheeks heating up again, “I..You…”

“Hey it’s okay, you’re anxious it’s ok. Jane is just picking on you.” Gavin says with a concerned look.

Jane smirks, “Relax. Have you signed the NDA?”

“Jane, he works for my dad as his assistant.” Gavin says.

“Oh, well never mind then. What is your name?” She asks me.

Josh,” I tell her.

“Josh, I apologize I didn’t mean to put you on the spot. I normally order for Gavin, so the waiter or waitresses don’t recognize his voice and go babbling to others and causing a massive migraine and making me do ten times the work.”

“You’re good,” I say not really knowing what else to say.

“So, Jane, are you going to take a few weeks off when I go back to Colorado?” Gavin asks as he takes a sip of water the waitress brought out.

“For what?” She asks.

“Don’t you want to see your family? I mean you have been out of the country for a while.” I say.

“My family disowned me when I came out.” She says.

I don’t want to touch on that subject, “Well what about a girlfriend, or just some relaxation?” I ask.

Gavin almost snorts water out his nose, “Jane, having a girlfriend?” He blurts grabbing napkins.

She punches him playfully on the arm. “I could have one.”

“All you do is hook up!” She says.

Her mouth gapes open, “You can’t even talk Gavin Merrick!”

I raise my eyebrows when I learn this. Gavin goes red in the cheeks, “I don’t really hook up. She exaggerates!” Gavin looks at me with a pleading look.

Jane takes a sip of her water, “You’re right, the only hooking up you do is with your left hand.”

Gavin gives her a look. Jane cracks up laughing. “Maybe if you did get laid you would be so tense and eager to do everything, you’d just want to relax.” She says still smirking.

Gavin doesn’t meet my eye. “She’s joking I’m not really into one-night stands.”

“She isn’t joking about the hooking up with your left hand?” I say smirking.

His hand flies up to his face, “Why do I keep you around Jane?”

“I keep the ego in check and happen to keep you alive.” She says smirking at me and winking.

We don’t say anything when the pizza comes out, we just eat mostly in silence, other than the occasional comment about it being good. I keep catching Gavin staring at me cause me to avert my gaze and watch Jane.

“What’s the next move?” Jane asks getting up as we settle the bill.

Gavin looks at me, “Do you mind if we check into the hotel, I wouldn’t mind a shower and maybe a nap.”

“That’s fine with me.” I say kind of disappointed because I really wanted to see more of New York to tell you the truth.

We are ushered into a car that is pulled up by the sidewalk. I feel my phone vibrate, and I ignore it. I feel it go off again, and I pull it out of my pocket. It’s Joe again, I reject the call and he calls right back.

“Hello?” I answer annoyance clear in my voice.

“Why are you in New York?” Joe says not even bother to say hello.

“How the hell do you know that?”

The find me app on your phone. Aunt Lydia asked us to put it on them a while ago?”

“Seriously Joseph? Why can’t you just leave me alone. I told you I was gone for the weekend, now is there something that you need cause if not I am hanging up.”

“Joshua please tell me you are safe, that it’s not some random guy you are with? Please just give me a chance to repair our bond?” He please.

“Joe, I will call you later.” I tell him not answering any of his questions. I don’t give him the chance to answer as I hang up on him.

“Everything okay?” Jane asks eyeing me suspiciously.

I nod, “just my brother being ridiculous. Just because he is a few minutes older than me he acts like I need to report into him.”

“Why does he act like that?” Jane asks.

I shake my head “Wished I knew.

I am relieved to see Gavin looking at his phone. “Don’t worry he gets lost in his phone like every other young adult.” Jane tells me shaking her head.

Gavin looks up and gives me a smile, “sorry, just seeing if I was spotted. We are good so far.”

Jane let’s out a sigh, “It’s my job to search that. I have a notification if anything about you is tagged or hash tagged. When we get to the hotel do not say anything….the last thing we need is a horde or fans outside when we get ready to leave for the party this evening.”

Gavin rolls his eyes, “I know, I know don’t cause a security nightmare.”

I just look at them blankly. “Do you normally cause a nightmare?” I ask.

He laughs, “Before I took my sabbatical as we will call it, yes. I used to tweet out the exact address to where I was. I think I came to enjoy the peace and quiet now though.”

The car comes to a stop, and Jane gets out first holding out her hand. “Wait in the car, there are too many people out here. I will just go get the room keys.”

I start to fidget because I don’t know what to say to Gavin now that it’s just us in the car. I feel him look at me and I lock eyes with him. “Do you have anxiety?” He asks.

Yeah.

“I understand, my little brother has it really bad. That’s why he isn’t here.”

“I thought he was a step-brother?” I ask.

He shakes his head. “No, he is my half-brother. They had him when I was seven, my mom and father divorced when I was five. It’s a pretty messy family affair that has been kept under wraps.”

“Oh, so why are they just now getting married?” I ask.

Shrugs his shoulders, “No idea, they just felt like they didn’t need to.”

I give him a weird look, “Okay, so your parents divorced when you were five. Clint had Xander with his fiancé when you were seven. So, he’s 14 now, and that would make you 21?”

He can’t help but laugh, “Yes, you could have just asked our ages.”

“I like to see the full picture.

“Do you feel anxious anymore?”

I look at him weirdly when it hits me that I don’t feel as anxious as I was. “Wait, did you know that?”

He smiles, it’s a different smile it’s a special smile, “yeah, I got you to concentrate on something else. I used to do it with Xander, it always helped him.”

Jane wraps her knuckles on the window and Gavin puts his hat and sunglasses on. “Let’s do this.”

We get out of the car, and thankfully there isn’t anyone noticing Gavin yet. Jane guides us into the hotel, and into an elevator not wasting any time getting out of the lobby. “Okay, the good news is everyone’s suitcases are in the rooms.”

I look at her, “you say that as if you are implying that there is bad news….” I say.

She smirks, “you are a smart one. The front desk fucked up the rooms. I have my own, but you two will have to share a room.”

My blood runs cold. Gavin shrugs his shoulder, “No biggie.” He says looking at me.

I nod my head, “FUCK!” is all I can think.

The elevator stops on the 6th floor. Jane holds out her arm motioning us not to leave the elevator as she checks the hallway.

She leads us into the hall and turns to give us two keys. “Your room is right there. Mine is directly across from it. I am going to shower and change. We don’t have to be down in the lobby until later this evening. Gavin, you know the routine don’t leave the room unless I am with you. Josh, be careful…. I don’t really know what to honestly say to you.” She says looking unsure.

“I will be fine, I am virtually no one in this city.” By saying this I hope it eases her mind a bit.

I look over at Gavin who is looking at the carpet. “let’s see the digs.” I say trying to break the awkwardness up.

We unlock the door, and the room is massive. There are two king size beds in the room close to each other. I walk over to the window to see the beautiful view that we have. “She didn’t mean it like that!” Gavin blurts out.

I turn away from the window, and give him a funny look, “what are you talking about?”

“You aren’t a nobody.” He says grabbing his suitcase putting on the bed closest to the bathroom.

I laugh, “Gavin, it’s fine. I know she didn’t mean anything by it. It’s true though I can come and go as I please without having to have a bodyguard attached to me. Whereas you can’t.”

He looks saddened by the realization, “I just never knew anyone who was just so relaxed about it. I have had “friends” make a big deal about it.”

“Make a big deal about what? That you have a bodyguard?”

He nods, “That and some friends have ended up in tabloids as well.”

I know this from reading those trash magazines they are at the workhouse, it keeps us entertained. We look at each other for a few seconds that feel like a lifetime if I am honest. “Gavin, if we hang out while we are here together, I know Jane is part of the deal and I don’t care. I mean I’m not implying that we must hang out. I just plan to do a little shopping while I am here since I have never been to New York.” I say trying not to sound like an idiot.

He grins, “I wouldn’t mind shopping either if you are cool with it, I’d like to tag along.”

“I don’t mind.” I tell him looking relaxed

He grins again, “Cool well I am going to shower, and maybe take a nap.” He says.

I nod, I didn’t expect him to take his shirt off, but he did. I gulp and turn back to the window. Holy shit I didn’t want to say anything, but my god his abs are so hot. This is going to be hard….sharing a room with him.

I hope you all enjoyed it! Since it takes me a bit longer to put out I try to make the chapters longer! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I have enjoyed writing it!

I am still so excited about writing this story!

 

Thanks!

KD

Kd_stories
  • Like 31
  • Love 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

7 minutes ago, travlbug said:

Who says that the hotel made a mistake by putting Josh and Gavin into the same hotel room? Clint is sneaky! :lol:

Hmmm you could be right! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

I love the chapter. I think Clint is sneaky by putting Josh and Gavin in the same room. I can see Josh's brother Joe causing problems, especially if he turns up in New York.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

So...I realize Joes sorry and all but Josh has a point.  Even if they both got kicked out, Joe didn’t have to live on the streets and it’s not like he outed Josh on accident.  

 

People tend to use the “I was so surprised” defense to justify their less than stellar reactions to a loved one coming out but this is ridiculous.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Israfil said:

So...I realize Joes sorry and all but Josh has a point.  Even if they both got kicked out, Joe didn’t have to live on the streets and it’s not like he outed Josh on accident.  

 

People tend to use the “I was so surprised” defense to justify their less than stellar reactions to a loved one coming out but this is ridiculous.

That is why there is so much resentment right now because Josh did have to live on the streets Joe was tucked safely in bed.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
24 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

I love the chapter. I think Clint is sneaky by putting Josh and Gavin in the same room. I can see Josh's brother Joe causing problems, especially if he turns up in New York.

Clint isn't as clueless to things as he likes to act. The man is smart, he wants what's best for his son and Josh.  Joe could cause alot of problems for Josh if he wanted.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
10 hours ago, KD_stories said:

Clint isn't as clueless to things as he likes to act. The man is smart, he wants what's best for his son and Josh.  Joe could cause alot of problems for Josh if he wanted.

Okay, if Clint wants what’s best for his son why is he hooking him up with a escort and cam model? Surely at some point a fan of the two will figure it out and cause trouble.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Hunter of Porn said:

Okay, if Clint wants what’s best for his son why is he hooking him up with a escort and cam model? Surely at some point a fan of the two will figure it out and cause trouble.

At that point they will cross that bridge when it happens. Clint isn’t expecting them two to just hit it off. He’s taking a chance he’s done research on Josh he knows his a genuine person. Like Clint told him they’d cross those bridges if and when it came to it. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
16 minutes ago, Sweetlion said:

actually, if their site is one of the well known ones, Gavin might even have seen it, at least once.

It's very possible, IF he has seen it, but Josh isn't out to Gavin about anything yet. IF Gavin did see the site for all he knows it could be Joe.  It's also a big IF 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I can see that Joe is trying to make up for the stuff that has happened but josh still seems a little raw about the wounds.   I wonder if Josh does “marry” into this wealthy family if the douche of a mother will show back up for the money???   Thanks for the chapter. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

I also believe Clint set up the hotel room. Jane is interesting but I'm not sure if I would like a female bodyguard.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..