Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 4,267 Words
  • 2,010 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You Make Me....Crazy - 8. Chapter 8

Music Like Spring

Jae walked into Jade Entertainment awed by the progress Dan had managed in their absence. Their offices were on Gangnamro Avenue in a three-story azure glass building. He paused at the receptionist’s desk; she was busy on the phone. Taking off his dark glasses, he leaned on the counter and looked around the waiting area. Posters of the Jade Entertainment musicians and actors decorated the walls. He noted in disappointment that there weren’t any Rebellion posters.

“How may I help you?” the secretary asked.

He turned and she gasped, stifling a scream at the last minute. “Good afternoon,” he said. “I’m looking for C.E.O. Suk.”

She swallowed hard and nodded, pointing to the double glass doors to her right. “He’s, he’s in his office.”

Jae chuckled, thanked her and headed in the direction she’d indicated. As the doors closed, he heard her scream. Dan was going to kill him he thought as he headed down the corridor to an office at the end. He knocked once and walked in unannounced. Closing the door behind him, he marveled at the sight of the C.E.O. Dan was sitting behind a large desk dressed in a black suit jacket and cream shirt. His hair was combed neatly and the reading glasses resting on his nose complemented his well-dressed look. Jae could hardly believe the transformation. He rarely saw Dan this neat. This Dan was different from the Dan he’d seen on the road. Jae scowled because he suddenly missed the messy hair and the Dan who teased him incessantly.

“Afternoon,” he said when Dan glanced up from his work. “You’re going to need a squad to get me out of here.”

“Jae,” Dan said, a frown creasing his forehead. “You should have called me.”

Jae shrugged and looked around the office. He’d always assumed Dan would be as messy as his hair, he was glad to be disappointed. Dan’s office was the picture of elegance. Silver and grey furniture populated the space, and elegant paintings adorned the walls. He paused in the middle of the room when he finally saw Rebellion. On the wall to his right was a large glossy poster of him, Junghee, and Andre playing on stage. The photographer had caught him, head tossed back, mic to his lips clinging to the stand, Junghee facing him on the guitar, and Andre on the bass. His team, he thought with pride his gaze on Junghee and Andre. They were his reason for living.

Turning away from the poster, he went to the sitting area by the windows and dropped onto a silver couch. He arranged the throw pillows under his head and let out a huge sigh.

“Are you alright?” Dan asked, still behind his desk. “Did something happen?”

Jae closed his eyes and thought about his confrontation with Jaesun yesterday. The whole scene had left him unsettled. So much so, he hadn’t wanted to go home alone. Junghee was still visiting his parents and Andre was in Daegu with his brother. They weren’t going to be in Seoul until the end of the week. It was Monday; he had five days to spend alone. The idea scared him. He hadn’t spent a minute alone in four years. He had no idea what to do with himself.

Sitting up, he looked at Dan. “Why don’t you have our posters out in the main lobby?”

Dan shrugged. “You haven’t been in Seoul. And we’re still pretending Rebellion is not part of JE. You just ruined that, by the way. Did you have to come through the front door?”

Jae scoffed and flopped back on the couch. “I am not a secret to stuff in the closet.”

“Not in the closet,” Dan said. He stood and walked around his desk. Jae watched him come to take a seat on the wooden coffee table in front of the couch. “Jae, you’re supposed to be on vacation. I thought you were going to stay with your mum a while longer.”

“Why didn’t you tell me So Jin had problems with her job?” Jae demanded thinking about his mother and the fact that Dan seemed overly eager to help her. “I didn’t ask you to take care of them too.”

Dan sighed. “Jae, what is the most important thing in your life apart from Rebellion?”

“My family,” Jae replied glaring at him. “So why are you meddling in those private affairs?”

“Because, they’re important to you, So Jin’s troubles were caused by N-sang. She was working in a company with ties to N-sang. Do you think she’d have sat quietly watching you suffer?”

Jae sat up on the couch thinking about his sister. So Jin was short-tempered and got into trouble a lot. He needed to see her. “Why didn’t So Jin tell me? She calls me every day and leaves messages. Why would she keep this from me?”

“Your mother ordered us not to tell you. You were abroad, with no way of being able to come home. We decided to handle the matter without bothering you. Don’t get angry.”

Jae shook his head, swung his feet to the floor, so that he was facing Dan. “You don’t need to be this way, Dan. I can look out for my family and myself. I don’t want to owe you.”

“I’m your manager,” Dan said abruptly. “You work hard on the stage and on your music. My job is to make sure your life is in line.”

“Does that include kissing me?” Jae asked, needing clarity. He’d thought about it all week and decided that the only way to handle this was to talk it out. He wasn’t jumping into another relationship like the one he had with Jaesun. Things had to be clear from the start. “Did you kiss me because it’s part of managing my life?”

Dan scowled and poked a finger into Jae’s jean-clad thigh. “That’s low, Jae. You know why I kissed you.”

“Actually no,” Jae said, shaking his head. “I’d prefer you spell it out for me. I’m that kind of guy now. Guessing and speculating, that’s exhausting to me, Dan. I’m tired of assuming things and ending up the loser.”

“When did you ever end up a loser?” Dan asked in a low gentle tone.

Jae looked away from Dan. “I’m not a novice, Dan. I know sex and love are two different things. I thought I’d found love once, but-,” he shrugged off his painful memories with Jaesun. “I turned into a fool. Since then, I like to know what my partners want from me. Sex is easy, there are no cumbersome strings tied to that kind of relationship. So, I need to understand what you want when you take care of my family, and then are good to me and kiss me.”

Dan reached out and touched his chin, slowly turning his head until their gazes met. He bit his lower lip to keep from gasping when he saw burning heat in Dan’s dark brown eyes.

“Listen to me,” Dan said. “I’ve watched you allow countless men into your life these past three years. All of whom I wanted to kill because they just wanted you for being in Rebellion.”

“I knew what those men wanted. That’s why it was easy with them,” Jae said with a slight smile. “When they left, I didn’t give them a second thought, Dan. What happens if you and I-,”

When you and I happen,” Dan cut him off with a hard tone. “It won’t be easy, Jae.”

“What if I want it to be easy?” Jae asked afraid of the depth of Dan’s emotions.

Dan dropped his hand away from his chin and sighed. “This is the reason why I asked you to think about us. I don’t want an easy relationship with you. I want it to be messy, and so troublesome you’ll think about nothing else.”

“That sounds…scary,” Jae said with a small smile, “and exhausting.”

“I like you, very much,” Dan said simply. “I want a scary and exhausting relationship with you, Jae.”

“Why,” Jae asked confused. “I’m nothing but trouble.”

“I know,” Dan said with a soft chuckle. “I’ve known that since the day I met you, Kim Jaehan. Somehow, that doesn’t seem to stop my heart. So, what do you say?”

“Dan,” Jae said shocked by Dan’s sincerity. Shifting to the edge of the couch, unable to resist, he closed the distance between them and kissed Dan. He meant to make it a simple chaste kiss, but it didn’t happen that way.

Dan made a small sound of surprise, cupped Jae’s face and deepened the kiss. Jae lost all thought, as he tasted Dan’s mouth, sweet and damp, his tongue stroking against Dan’s eagerly. His hands clutched the front of Dan’s shirt, pulling him closer, wanting more. His breath hitched when Dan’s fingers dug into his hair. He was lost in sensation, his body overheating. With his eyes closed, he savored their combined taste. Jae moaned in protest when Dan broke the kiss a minute later.

“Someone’s knocking on the door,” Dan whispered. “We’ll have to continue this later.”

Jae tugged on Dan’s shirt, his lips trailing hot kisses along Dan’s jaw. Dan kissed him again, delicious thrills rushing through his body as he sucked on Dan’s lower lip. Not ready to let him go, the need coursing through him felt new, exciting. He was afraid if they stopped, it would disappear. Dan broke their kiss again with a soft sigh and stroked his jaw.

“If we don’t stop, my secretary is going to see more than she’s paid for,” Dan said quietly as the knocking on the door persisted. Jae let go of Dan’s shirt and sighed. He sat back on the couch dazed, his sluggish brain not ready to think let alone deal with an intrusion. Dan stood with a silly smile and walked back to his desk calling out “Enter!”

Jae wiped a hand down his face and hoped he didn’t look as aroused as he felt. Dan’s kisses were driving him insane. He shifted on the couch, picked one of the throw pillows and placed it on his lap. He glanced at Dan and scowled when he saw him laugh quietly as the door opened.

A young woman dressed in an elegant grey dress walked in carrying folders. She glanced at him, and unlike the receptionist, she greeted him with a graceful nod of her head.

“What’s the problem, Mrs.Kang?” Dan asked walking around his desk to take back his seat.

“I’m sorry to interrupt,” she said quietly. She handed him the folders. “We have a problem on the second floor, studio five. Len and his producer are not getting along. He wants to quit singing the Secret Fire television show’s overall soundtrack. The show’s director is waiting for your call and the producer of the song wants you upstairs.”

Jae didn’t miss the slight frown on Dan’s face that spelled frustration.

“Alright, tell them I’m on the way,” Dan said.

“Also, would you like me to prepare an exit for Mr. Kim?” Mrs. Kang asked. “Someone tipped off reporters that he came to see you.”

Dan glanced at him for a moment, “I’ll call you when he’s ready.”

Mrs. Kang smiled and turned to him. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Kim.”

He waved at her and watched her leave Dan’s office. “Mrs.Kang?” he asked when she was gone.

“Yes, she got married a few weeks ago. I have to go deal with the Len problem.”

Jae stood and threw the pillow on the couch. He moved closer to Dan’s desk and offered. “I can help with Len that is, if you don’t mind.”

“Jae-,” Dan started.

“I don’t want to go home alone,” Jae interrupted him. “Junghee and Andre are not in Seoul. And all my old friends are too busy to meet me.”

Dan came around the desk and pulled him into a tight hug, immediately surrounding him with warmth. He buried his face into Dan’s chest, slipping his arms around Dan’s waist, he held on tight.

“Is that why you came over?” Dan asked his tone husky in his ear.

Jae closed his eyes and breathed in Dan’s sexy cologne. “I wanted to leave the bowls of gimchi my mother gave them at their houses. They weren’t there, so now I have a whole bunch of gimchi in my car with no one to give it to.”

Dan ran a hand down his back. “You can stay. We’ll share the gimchi with everyone at the studio.”

Jae chuckled and asked, “What kind of reputation will that give me?”

Dan kissed the top of his head. “Hmm…I think everyone will think you’re caring and have a good heart.”

Jae laughed and leaned his head back to look into Dan’s eyes. “Your bias is showing, Dan. Why didn’t I ever see it before?”

“You weren’t ready.” Dan sighed, a frown appearing on his forehead. “Len will think he’s won the lottery if you offer to help him. I don’t want to reward him for acting out.”

“Maybe the producer doesn’t understand what Len needs. That happens sometimes, you know,” Jae soothed. “I’ll follow your lead.”

Dan smiled and kissed him. His breath hitched and his fingers tightened on Dan’s shirt under his suit jacket. He pressed closer, needing more, addicted to Dan’s taste, and the heat that swept through him just from a simple kiss. When they pulled apart, he buried his face into Dan’s shoulder and sighed.

“Is this the right thing?” he asked when Dan ran his fingers through his hair.

“Does it matter?” Dan asked quietly. “It feels so good just to hold you like this; I don’t want to know what is right or wrong.”

Jae nodded. “Okay, I won’t ask either.”

“We have to go,” Dan said.

Jae chuckled when neither of them made a move to let go. They stood in the silence of the office holding each other until Dan’s phone rang.

****

Dan answered the call, his arm still around Jae. He didn’t want to let go, just in case this was a dream or he’d somehow started to hallucinate.

“Sir,” Len’s voice finally penetrated his thoughts. “Are you coming?”

He cleared his throat. “I’m on the way. Please don’t cause trouble, Len.”

“I’m not causing trouble. I just want someone who knows what I’m doing. This producer-,”

“We’ll talk when I get there,” he said hanging up on Len. Shoving his phone into his pocket, he kissed Jae’s shoulder through the thin black t-shirt he wore and stepped back. “We have to go.”

Jae nodded and they headed out. Dan stopped him when he reached for the door handle. Jae looked at him, his gaze questioning, but Dan didn’t give him a chance to say anything. He kissed Jae. It was a light, teasing kiss that quickly changed when Jae leaned into him making their kiss linger. He tasted so good, Dan thought with a sigh when he pulled back. Touching Jae’s lower lip with the tip of his finger, he smiled and opened the door.

Jae poked him in the stomach. “Tease,” Jae accused as they stepped out of his office.

He laughed enjoying this side of Jae. Mrs. Kang smiled at him as they passed her desk. He led Jae to the elevators that would take them to the second floor.

Upstairs, they found studio five filled with people. Jae groaned and slowed down. “Why are there so many people?”

“Len can create a scene in seconds,” Dan explained, urging the staff out of the way, as they entered the studio.

“Who do you think you are to criticize my lyrics?” Len was demanding of his producer. “I didn’t write them for you. Do you even understand what Secret Fire is about, have you read the script?”

“What, look at this brat!” the producer said in shock. “How can you talk to someone older than you this way?”

“You’re the one who criticized me first,” Len insisted, his face flushed with anger.

“Len,” Dan said then when the producer shook his fists in anger. “What’s going on here? I asked you not to make trouble.”

Len and the producer both turned to look at him in surprise.

“Mr. Suk,” Len said guiltily. “I’m sorry, but, I really did try.”

“Apologize to your producer,” Dan said firmly.

Len gave him an impatient glance, clearly not ready to apologize. He reluctantly turned to the producer and gave him a curt nod. “I’m sorry.”

The producer shook his head and turned to Dan. “I’m not working with him. Find another producer.”

The older man grabbed his jacket and left the studio amid shocked murmurs. Dan let him leave because talking to him would only aggravate the problem. He turned to Len and shook his head.

“This is the second producer you’ve fought with Len. What am I going to do with you?”

Len dropped into a chair and shook his head. “It’s not my fault, Mr. Suk. He kept treating me like an idiot. You asked me to write the lyrics to the soundtrack and I did. I spend hours talking to the director to understand what the drama was about. Why is it, that the man who is supposed to help me make the music come alive is the one to criticize me the most?”

Jae touched his shoulder, and Dan sighed turning to meet his gaze. Jae nodded and smiled. “I’ll take a look at the music.”

Len looked up in shock. He stood and Dan almost laughed at the transformation from the simpering, complaining boy to a grown-up twenty-two-year-old.

“Kim Jaehan,” Len gasped giving him a bow in greeting. “I’m so honored to meet you.”

Jae held out his hand to Len. “You’re shocked that I’m here, right? I bet you’re thinking, what is Kim Jaehan doing here?”

Len gasped when Jae moved closer and wrapped an arm around his shoulders. The friendly gesture meant to relax Len. Dan bit back a laugh because Jae’s actions only made Len more uncomfortable.

“Don’t worry, Len. Think of me as your hyung from now on. Mr. Suk, if you’ll empty the studio for a while, Len and I have work to do.”

Dan met Jae’s gaze and read a promise. He smiled and turned to the staff.

“How about we get back to work now,” he said using a firm authoritative voice.

The curious staff left the studio in excited murmurs. He was certain someone would leak the information about Len and Jae working together. He made a mental note to prepare a statement to counteract any negative remarks from the press. Rebellion was still on the outside, and Len’s career needed to remain on track.

“Stop worrying,” Jae said into his ear. “I’ll get him to sing the song.”

Dan nodded. “I need to find the producer who just left. Are you going to be alright?”

“As long as you come back to get me,” Jae said his light brown eyes full of mischief. “If you leave me alone, there’s no telling what kind of trouble I’ll find.”

“Behave yourself, and stop throwing your arms around Len,” Dan said in irritation.

Jae laughed and tugged the collar of his tie. “Go work, C.E.O. Suk. Leave the music to me.”

Dan fought the intense urge he had to kiss Jae. He wanted to taste that smile and hold Jae in his arms. Jae smirked as though he could read his thoughts and he sighed. He wondered how they were going to live with this attraction. Squeezing Jae’s hand, he left the studio with a stern glare at Len.

****

Jae listened to the music Len and the producer had created together. The song was a ballad, meant to tug at the heartstrings and invoke fond memories. It was a good song, although not his style. Len sung with confidence, his voice melodious and clear.

He swung his chair to his left to find Len nervously listening in the next chair. “How long have you been singing this song?” he asked Len.

“All morning,” Len said his voice shy. “I wanted to lay it down the moment I finished writing the lyrics.”

Jae nodded. “The song is good, but not great. It still needs work.”

Len’s face fell in disappointment and Jae reached out to touch his shoulder. “Hey, number one rule about music, have fun. If you’re not having fun singing the song, it will not be good.”

“That’s easy for you to say, your music is always insanely great,” Len complained. “I’m so ashamed to have you listen to my music.”

“It wasn’t always this way,” Jae assured him standing. He turned off the music on the soundboard. “Come on, we need to find a guitar and a few drinks; I’m thirsty. I’ll rely on you, Len. Also, do you like gimchi?”

****

It was seven o’clock in the evening by the time Dan finished calming down Len’s angry producer and preparing a statement to deal with Jae’s presence at Jade Entertainment. He’d insisted that the staff at Jade Entertainment had invited Kim Jaehan to consult with Len on music. They’d demanded answers on when Rebellion was performing in Seoul. He’d tactfully refused to answer those questions. Sadly, the speculation was only going to increase.

Letting out a tired sigh, he headed to the second floor to find Jae. He’d ignored him too long, he could only hope he and Len weren’t screaming at each other. Getting off the elevator, he stopped when he saw the staff once again filling the entrance at studio five. Biting back a groan, he hurried to the door knowing that Jae wasn’t one to take things lying down. He could insult with the best of them.

The ladies standing by the door moved to let him in. He stopped when he got to the soundboard, and glanced into the live room. Jae sat perched on a stool with an acoustic guitar, while Len sang into the microphone. Len’s voice filled the room, clear and full of sentiment; they’d transformed the ballad into an emotion-inspiring piece. Jae played the guitar with skill; he had learned from Junghee and they sometimes sat together and played for hours.

Dan watched him play with a smile. Jae was always happiest in the studio playing music.

Len finished the song and the staff clapped. Dan touched the intercom on the soundboard.

“Great job, guys,” he said smiling at them when they glanced up.

Jae waved at him and stood. Leaning the guitar on a stand in the corner, he came out of the live room followed by Len.

“What do you think?” Jae asked.

“I love it. The music is fresh and reminds me of a spring romance,” Dan replied.

“Jaehan-sunbae is really good.” Len praised. “He turned my song into something unexpected. He also brought us gimchi. Would you like some, Mr. Suk?”

Dan looked at the table behind him and realized the staff was filling their plates with food. The table was laden with fried chicken, rice, drinks, fruit, and bowls of gimchi. He turned to meet Jae’s gaze and smiled. “Looks like you’ve won everyone’s hearts.”

Jae winked at him and he shook his head amused. “Aren’t you hungry, Mr. Suk?”

Dan shrugged. “I have something else in mind to sate my hunger. Len, I hope you don’t mind if I take Jaehan away.”

Len turned to Jae. “Thank you so much,” he said giving Jae a low bow.

Jae smiled. “You have my number. Call me anytime, Len. Maybe we can meet for drinks one of these days.”

“I’d love that,” Len said with a bright smile.

Jae patted his shoulder, picked up a bag from a chair next to him, and followed Dan. The staff thanked Jae, happily eating the food on the table. Dan had to pull Jae out of the studio firmly because they all seemed determined to keep him longer.

“Sharing you is very hard,” Dan said once the elevator doors closed. “I leave you alone for a few hours and the whole building runs to your side.”

Jae chuckled. “Come on, Dan. I had so much fun this afternoon because of you. Can you imagine how depressed I’d be if I went home alone?”

“Did you give away all the gimchi?” Dan asked with a scowl. “I thought you were going to share with me. Didn’t you even think about me?”

“You’re all I’ve thought about this past week,” Jae said as the elevator doors slid open in the basement. Dan led him to a black Lincoln Town Car. “What about my Jeep?”

“I’ll have someone drop it off at your house. We have reporters waiting outside the building looking out for your Jeep.” Dan unlocked the car. “Besides, don’t you want to find out where I live?”

Jae grinned. “I hope you have wine, Dan. I want to get drunk tonight.”

“Really,” Dan said as Jae hurried around to enter the passenger side. Getting into the car, he shifted in his seat so that he could look at Jae. “Is that all you want to do?”

“Of course, you ordered me never to drink without you,” Jae said meeting his gaze. “Since I feel like celebrating, won’t you get me a bottle of wine?”

“What are you celebrating?” Dan asked starting the car.

Jae settled in his seat. “Meeting you, C.E.O. Suk,” he answered with a smile.

****

em>-sunbae - refers to people with more experience at work/school. (Len calls Jae -Sunbae because Jae's been in the industry longer and also he is older)
Thank you for reading!! Means a lot to me. ^_^
2013, lilansui
  • Like 18
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great chapter. I was grinning from ear to ear while reading this. Dan and Jae's interaction was kyeopta!!!!. i liked seeing Jae's mischievous personality which seems totally opposite from Dan. I like how he becomes less uptight and more open and playful around Jae. Also, the make-out scenes were so sweet. Anyway this chapter was daebak and I'm already dying for the next chapter. I hope the wait won't be long, jebal. Thanks for the great story.

Link to comment
On 11/08/2013 07:48 AM, joann414 said:
I think Jae has a little mischief in him, and Dan is eating it up. Great chapter! :read:
Jae and Dan = Loads of mischief lol. Thank you.
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 11/08/2013 11:26 AM, bookjunky18 said:
Great chapter. I was grinning from ear to ear while reading this. Dan and Jae's interaction was kyeopta!!!!. i liked seeing Jae's mischievous personality which seems totally opposite from Dan. I like how he becomes less uptight and more open and playful around Jae. Also, the make-out scenes were so sweet. Anyway this chapter was daebak and I'm already dying for the next chapter. I hope the wait won't be long, jebal. Thanks for the great story.
gamsahabnida lol. I'm so glad you loved this chapter, it was extra fun to write. Dan and Jae's relationship has progressed, so I look forward to writing more cute moments for you...Thank you so much for reading and your review, I promise to work harder. lol. :)
Link to comment

This chapter was so full of romance and desire. I totally loved this. Dan and Jae are just perfect together. Thank God Jaeshun didn't appear in this chapter. Len was cool. Missed Junghee and Andre. Hope to see them and a lot more of romance in coming chapters.

 

A smile was on my face throughout this chapter. Great work sui. Looking for more:)

Link to comment
On 11/13/2013 06:07 PM, sacredlove said:
This chapter was so full of romance and desire. I totally loved this. Dan and Jae are just perfect together. Thank God Jaeshun didn't appear in this chapter. Len was cool. Missed Junghee and Andre. Hope to see them and a lot more of romance in coming chapters.

 

A smile was on my face throughout this chapter. Great work sui. Looking for more:)

Junghee and Andre coming up, Jaesun might not next chapter but he soon will be back too. Yes, this chapter was fun to write, Dan and Jae sitting on a tree...k.i.s.s.i.n.g...lalala

lol.

 

Thanks so much.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..