Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 5,445 Words
  • 2,513 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You Make Me....Crazy - 11. Chapter 11

Just Another Boy

“A new manager?” Junghee asked, staring at Dan with a skeptical glance. “Are you sure about this, Dan?”

“I don't think it's a good idea,” Andre said shaking his head. “Hyung,” Andre looked at Jae. “What do you think?”

Jae brought the coffee pot and refilled Dan's cup and his. Junghee declined coffee and Andre was drinking green tea. “I don't know what to say.”

“You must have an opinion,” Junghee persisted looking at Jae. “Leaning on the counter and removing yourself from the situation is not going to make this go away.”

“What do you want from me?” Jae asked taking the coffee pot to the counter. He placed it on the warmer with a thud. “I wrote the music, we recorded it, now Dan wants to pass us off to some new manager. What can I say?”

“Jae,” Dan said with a sigh. “It's not like that. I've already explained why I want to do this.”

“Explain again,” Jae said harshly, rounding on him. His eyes hard with emotion, the man he'd seen in the living room was back. That angry Jae he didn't know. Had he always been there? “We've managed quite fine with you. Why are you changing the rules on us?”

“I'm not changing the rules,” Dan said, keeping his tone calm. “Rebellion needs me working as C.E.O. of Jade Entertainment. We need to win over distribution companies, and I can't do that working as your manager.”

“We need you helping us face the public out there.” Jae pointed out the window as though their fans were right outside. “We can't do it without you. I don't trust a new person to help us go through this.”

“I'm not abandoning you.” Dan sighed and shook his head. “I'll keep an eye on my replacement.”

“You've already made up your mind,” Jae said in shock. “You didn't come here to ask us, you came to tell us you're no longer our manager. Didn't you?”

Junghee turned to look at him. “Is that true, Dan?”

Dan lifted his hands hoping to calm them down. “We need to take a moment-”

“Tell him it's true,” Jae said, his tone dripping with disappointment.

“Will you stop, Jae,” Dan snapped at him. “I know this upsets you, but you need to listen carefully.”

“I don't have to listen to anything.” Jae picked up his coffee and gave him a mutinous gaze. “I won't accept whoever you bring. If you can't manage us, then no one will.”

“Jae,” Dan said standing to stop his boyfriend as he walked out of the kitchen. Junghee grabbed his arm.

“Let him go,” Junghee said quietly. “He doesn't like change.”

“I know, but this is important. He needs to understand I'm not doing this because I want to.”

Dan wiped a hand down his face and looked around the kitchen. He was so tired. His meeting in Japan had been more grueling than he'd thought it would be. The Rand Agency was still making things difficult for them. He couldn't imagine Rebellion releasing an album and being unable to tap into the Japanese market.

“Dan, have a seat,” Andre said quietly. “Hyung is just upset, it will pass.”

Dan sat back down. Jae wasn't upset because of the change of managers.

No, Jae was upset because of what Jaesun had said during the interview they'd watched in the living room. He met Junghee's worried gaze. “What really happened between Jae and Jaesun? Why doesn't he talk about it?”

“What do you mean?” Junghee asked.

“When we first met, that day I rescued Jae from his apartment. He met Jaesun,” Dan said. “Why?”

“Ask him,” Andre said quietly.

“I'm asking you two,” Dan said studying them. “Jaesun has it out for him in the press and keeps dragging him in the mud. Jae doesn't talk about him or Black Shade ever, so I need you to tell me what happened between them.”

“You know everything,” Junghee said. “Black Shade crumbled before the world's eyes. You know that better than anyone else.”

“I might know the legal issues you've had, and the stories the press and N-sang have peddled. What I need to know is how you two ended up with Jae, and Jaesun ended up alone with N-sang. If Jaesun and Jae had a relationship, why are they on opposite sides now?”

“Because Jaesun is an idiot,” Andre said with a shrug. “He was afraid of losing everything. I don't blame him, for a while there, I thought I might quit the fight. But, in the end, what we chose was right.”

“Jaesun blames Jae for the end of Black Shade.” Junghee met his gaze. “I mean, really blames him, to the point of hate. They had a terrible argument the night before Jaesun decided to choose N-sang. Jaesun wanted Jae to drop the case but he wouldn't. After we left N-sang Entertainment, they tried to end their relationship but it was hard. Jae kept meeting Jaesun, Jaesun would come find Jae when he had a problem, which was all the time. I really hated it because Jaesun had this way of just piling guilt on Jae. Like he was the reason why N-sang was acting the way they were. We tried to ignore it but it was difficult. When we were in Japan under the Rand Agency, Jaesun came to see Jae.”

“That's before Rand suspended your activities,” Dan said trying to understand.

“Right before it happened,” Andre said with a nod. “They locked themselves up in Jae's bedroom for hours, then when Jaesun left, Jae drank for two days straight. It was hard to get him on stage. He could barely sing.”

“Soon after, Rand suspended us and we returned to Seoul. Jae packed up and left,” Junghee said with a sigh. “It took me a month to find out that he'd gone home to Gong.”

“What did they tell each other?” Dan persisted.

“I don't know, but it must have really hurt Jae because he lost all hope after that,” Junghee said. “He made no effort to fight the suspension. I thought we were really beyond hope.”

Dan nodded. “Alright, Rebellion's new manager will meet you tomorrow morning. You guys can take today off, head home. We'll meet here and head to Jade Entertainment tomorrow.”

“That sounds good,” Andre said. “What about hyung?”

“I'll talk to him,” Dan promised.

Junghee stood. “After I talk to him first,” he said.

“Jung…” Dan started.

“I need to clear something with Jae,” Junghee said with a hard tone. “Andre, don't drive off without me. I need you to drop me off at Red's Hair.”

“Sure,” Andre said watching him walk away. When Junghee disappeared at the end of the corridor, Andre turned to Dan. “Do we really have to have a new manager?”

“Yes, it will make things easier. He's a good friend, and he will treat you guys as I would,” Dan said quietly. “My place is at Jade Entertainment fighting to get distribution avenues open for the band. I'd never make this decision without a plan.”

Andre studied him for a moment, and then nodded. “Fine, I trust your judgment. About Jae, he gets disturbed by Jaesun but it's because he cared too much.” Andre looked away from him before he continued. “Jae never talked much about his relationship with Jaesun, but we could all see that they were close, too close. Jae turned into a different person with him. I'm glad they ended. The truth is, I love how Jae is with you and I don't want to ever see that end.”

“Andre,” Dan said in surprise.

Andre shrugged, pushed his chair back and stood up. “Jaesun wasn't good for Jae. Jae lost too much of himself in that relationship. So, do what you can to keep Jaesun away from my hyung.”

Dan watched Andre leave the kitchen and sat back in his chair. He was happy to know he wasn't the only one who didn't like Jaesun.

****

Jae had just finished showering when Junghee walked into his bathroom. Wiping down his body with his towel, Jae met Junghee's stormy gaze and sighed.

“What now?” he asked, lazily wrapping the towel around his hips.

“You're acting up,” Junghee said in a disappointed tone. “What you told Dan downstairs was childish.”

“Childish or not, I don't want a new manager, Jung.” Jae took another towel from the rack on the wall and used it to wipe off excess water from his hair. “We need someone who knows us. Someone who'll understand what we're facing.”

“Do you think it's easy for Dan? Knowing how he feels about you, it can't be easy for him to hand us over to someone new this way,” Junghee said, as he leaned on the counter. “He is not punishing us by giving us a new manager. He's just doing what's best for Rebellion. So, don't give him a hard time. As for Jaesun-”

“Don't bring Jaesun up,” Jae said throwing the towel he had over his head into the laundry bin. He was tired of hearing that guy's name. Why was everyone obsessed with Jaesun?

“I don't know what you've heard, but you only act like this when Jaesun is involved. You have Dan worried downstairs,” Junghee snapped. “I know what Jaesun did to you, Jae. I remember how you were that last year before you ran off to Gong. I watched you spiral into a well of self-pity, you lost your confidence, and took on the guilt Jaesun unjustly piled on you. I'd hoped you'd let it go by now, but it seems you're still carrying it around.”

Jae closed his eyes. “Jung, please stop.”

“We're starting anew,” Junghee continued as though he hadn't spoken. “Don't let that bastard interfere with us anymore. Please find a way to stand up to Jaesun. Haven't you had enough?”

Jae opened his eyes to find Junghee watching him keenly.

“I'm heading downtown to Red’s,” Junghee said, then ran his hand through his short dark hair. “I think I'm going back to my red hair. I'll see you tomorrow. Think about what I've said, and I hope you'll be in a better mood. We're meeting our new manager.”

Junghee flashed him a small smile then left the bathroom. Jae watched him leave then turned to meet his own gaze in the mirror. He let a soft sigh escape, staring at the tall slender man looking back at him. He wanted to rail against Junghee's advice but he knew his best friend was right. Jaesun's darned interview had ruined his balance. Brought the past too close, he thought.

His long hair was still wet. Grabbing the blow dryer he turned it on and ran it over his hair using his fingers to separate the strands. His thoughts filled with Jaesun's words.

'We were like two blind men facing each other...we’re probably different people now. He can’t see my intentions, or my heart, and I seem not to know him as I used to before. That saddens me. I can only hope he’ll see my side and know we’re not enemies.'

Jae closed his eyes. He wished he could forget Jaesun's past intentions or what they'd done to each other at the end. He'd loved Jaesun and gotten nothing but pain and guilt in return. How could they ever be friends again?

The reasons why he'd ran away to Gong filled his head. On top of lawsuits and negative press, his personal life had deteriorated into one painful mass. He was the fool who'd tried to hang on to Jaesun despite their professional problems. He'd found himself unable to resist Jaesun, their desire turning into a black poison, each time they saw each other. Jae couldn't remember hurting more than during those months after he'd left N-sang and when he'd gone to Japan. He should never have tried to keep his relationship with Jaesun alive. He should have let it end the moment he'd walked away from N-sang.

Shutting off the blow dryer, he placed it on the counter and headed into his bedroom.

Junghee's reminder of his state of mind that last year in Japan hurt. He'd stood on stage happily, and cried himself to sleep alone in bed, missing and longing for Jaesun. Like an idiot, he thought as he walked into his closet. Knowing that when they met, apart from physical gratification, only cold words remained between them. Cold words that had shredded his heart into little pieces every time he listened to Jaesun beg, cajole, order, and threaten him to end Rebellion and return Black Shade or to quit the stage altogether.

He dropped the towel that was around his hips to the floor and tugged on black briefs. Reaching for a pair of gray fitted slacks, he stepped into them and walked to a chest of drawers in the corner of the spacious walk-in closet in search of a belt. He pulled the top drawer out too far, and it came off its track and dumped its contents on the floor.

He choked on a soft gasp when he saw the pile of photographs he'd dropped around him. Sinking to his knees, he put the empty drawer down and stared at the mess of pictures. Pictures of his time with Jaesun. Picking one up, he stared at himself and Jaesun hugging tight and smiling into the camera. Those days, at the Black Shade dorm, he and Jaesun were inseparable. He'd cherished those moments, believed they would only get better not worse. Throwing the picture back on the floor, he got up, walked to a shoe rack on the right wall and found a white shoebox. Dumping the shoes that were inside on the floor, he walked back to the mess and started throwing pictures into the box. How the hell had they ended up in here? He hadn't realized he had so many.

“Jae?” Dan called him in the bedroom.

“In here,” he said tightly as he grabbed the last of the photographs and threw them in the box. Putting the lid over the box, he reached for the empty drawer.

“What happened?” Dan asked coming into the closet. “Did you fight with the drawer?”

Jae shrugged and started picking up important files and dumping them into the empty drawer. “I was looking for a belt. I tugged it out by mistake-”

“Jae,” Dan said, crouching beside him. Dan took his hands, stopping him from haphazardly putting away the files. “You're ruining my good work.”

Jae looked up to meet his gaze. “I'm sorry. I-,”

Dan kissed his jaw then sat on the floor. Jae watched him arrange the files neatly in the drawer. When Dan was done, his gaze fell on the white shoe box and Jae winced when he picked it up. Jae sat back on his haunches when Dan opened the box and saw the pictures.

“What do you want to do with them?”

Jae pushed his hair out of his face. “Burn them.”

Dan looked up at to meet his gaze. “Why?”

Jae shrugged and stood up. “They're not important to me.”

He picked up the drawer and returned it into its slot. “I don't know why they were in here.”

“You had them at your apartment,” Dan said quietly, looking through the pictures. “I found them among your important documents. I didn't want to throw them away.”

“You should have.” Jae closed the drawer and opened the second drawer. He found his belts and took a black one out.

“I need you to tell me, Jae,” Dan said staring at a picture of Jaesun carrying Jae on his back, their faces smiling happily.

Jae tugged it out of Dan's hand, and took the box. “What is there to say?”

He placed the box on a shoe rack and put on his belt. Reaching for a black v-neck shirt, he tugged it on with a sigh. “Why are you so interested in my relationship with Jaesun?”

“Because it will come up in interviews and I need to know how you'll react,” Dan explained, still sitting on the floor. “Are you going to throw the microphone at the reporters?”

“Why would you say such a thing?” Jae asked getting black socks. He sat down on a stool and tugged them on.

“You threw the remote at the television downstairs, Jae.” Dan narrowed his gaze at him. “Why won't you tell me about him?'

“What do you want me to say?” Jae asked finishing with his socks. He met Dan's dark gaze and frowned. “What, Dan?”

“Anything,” Dan said quietly, and then asked, “Were you in love with him?”

Jae's eyes darkened and his fists clenched. “Is that what you want to know?” he asked softly.

Dan held his gaze and nodded. Jae read love in Dan's dark-brown eyes. Love he didn't deserve because he wasn't sure he was capable of returning that kind of emotion ever again. He felt affection for Dan, and he cherished what they had together, but love, the kind of love he'd given Jaesun without a second thought, he didn't have it in him anymore.

Jae dropped his gaze and felt a knife scrape over old wounds.

“Fine,” he said. “If that's what you want to know then I'll tell you. I loved him. I loved him so much, I let him use me whenever he wanted. I was so in love with Jaesun that when we were apart, I thought I might die, and went searching for him over and over when we should have ended it. I even went so far as to introduce him to my mother and made her love him like a son. I gave him everything, so much so, that I don't know if I can ever love again.” His voice broke and he covered his face with his hands. “In the end, Jaesun threw it back in my face like all I'd given him was nothing. Wasn't I a fool?”

“Jae,” Dan said in whisper.

Jae shook his head and stood running a hand through his hair. “I'm sorry. I should have been kinder with my answer. I'm not trying to hurt you, it's just-”

“Please stop,” Dan said quietly, his voice raw with pain.

Jae nodded and looked away from Dan who still hadn't moved from the floor. Swallowing hard, he said, “About the manager, I trust your judgment. I'm sorry for acting out earlier.”

Dan nodded and when he didn't speak again, Jae left the walk-in closet, hurried out of the master bedroom and didn't stop until he was in the studio down in the basement. Slamming the door closed, he leaned on the wall and let out a heartbroken sigh. Closing his eyes, he allowed the pain he kept hidden to flood him, that punishing pain that reminded him he didn't deserve Dan's kindness.

****

Dan woke up late in the afternoon feeling refreshed. He'd needed rest after his talk with Jae. Too tired to go looking for his boyfriend, he'd simply gotten up and fallen face down on the bed. Staring at the clock on the bedside table, he got off the bed when he realized it was almost four o'clock. He took a quick shower and dressed in a light white shirt and jeans. Biting back a yawn, he left the master bedroom and headed downstairs.

Thinking about Jae's painful confession, he wondered if Jae was in the house. He couldn't forget his sad eyes and he'd wanted to find Jaesun right then to give him a piece of his mind. How was Jae ever going to trust in love now?

“You're awake,” Jae said when he got to the living room. He turned to find Jae standing by the stairs that led to the basement.

“Yeah, I was tired after the past four days,” he said honestly.

“Do you have a minute?” Jae asked quietly.

He studied Jae's face, trying to find out what he was thinking. He couldn't see any trace of the pain he'd seen earlier. Instead, his beautiful lover stood tall, his slender body enticing in the fitted black v-neck shirt and gray slacks. Dan wanted to pull him into his arms and feel his warmth against him.

“Sure,” he said matching Jae's tone.

“Please come to the studio with me,” Jae said his eyes begging.

When they made it downstairs, Jae led the way into the live room and urged Dan to sit on an office chair. Dan smiled watching Jae, who picked up an acoustic guitar and settled on a stool.

“What do you want to show me?” Dan asked.

Jae tuned the guitar, sparing him a short glance. “I wanted you to listen to the last song in the album.”

“Last song?” he asked crossing his right leg over his left. “I thought I'd heard the whole album.”

“I wrote one more when you were gone,” Jae said quietly. “It's called Stronger. I don't know what we have, Dan. But whatever it is helped me write this song.”

Jae closed his eyes and played the intro, his fingers deftly moving over the strings on the guitar, the music moving, it grabbed Dan's heart and wouldn't let go. When Jae's voice joined in, strong and soulful, Dan froze. Jae sang with all his heart, his emotions raw, and the lyrics settled deep in Dan's heart.

In the darkness/when my heart ached death was a relief/ drowning in the dark/tears filling my eyes/gave into fear/your hand reached and took mine/

Dan closed his eyes when Jae broke into the bridge, his voice raw.

Blinding light/soaring high/breathing love/your heart/Alive/Walking by your side/you cry/my heart cries/

Tears filled Dan's eyes as the pain Jae's confession had caused him earlier faded. Jae might not say the words, but this song more than answered any questions he had about what Jae felt for him. The chorus alone spoke of love, love Jae had for him, he thought awed by the depth of emotion packed in the music.

Saved me/gave my life/without you/I'm benign/Gave my heart/I live in you/when you smile/I believe/ I am alive/saved me/gave me life/Walk with me/I'm stronger now/ Pushed the dark, I'm alive/ I won't fall/

When the music ended, the silence in the live room filled the space. Unable to say anything, he met Jae's gaze.

“What do you think?” Jae asked when he didn't speak. “I mean, of course the song won't be acoustic. The final track is rock, the chorus screaming, with heavy rock drums in there. I can play it for you if you-”

Dan got off his chair, took the guitar from Jae, set it aside and pulled him into his arms. He held Jae tight; closing his eyes, he buried his face into Jae's shoulder when Jae wrapped his arms around his waist.

“I'm sorry,” Jae said in a broken whisper.

“Stop apologizing to me,” Dan ordered gently. He rubbed his hands over Jae's back and sighed. “I asked you to tell me the truth and you did.”

“Dan,” Jae said with a soft sigh.

“I love you,” he said. “I don't care that you can't say it back to me yet. So, don't worry, okay?”

Jae tightened his arms around his waist and nodded. Dan lifted his head and leaned back slightly so that he could look into Jae's eyes. His fingers sunk into dark silky strands and Jae looked up. Those glittering light-brown orbs tore at his heart. He kissed Jae then, hoping that their heat and his love would heal Jae's broken heart.

****

The next morning Dan watched with a speculative gaze, as a black sedan drove into Jae’s compound. He'd spent the better part of the last hour telling Junghee, Andre, and Jae about their new manager. He knew it wasn't easy to trust a new face in this industry, and with Rebellion's background, they found it hard to trust people in general. Dan watched the black car pull in next to his own town car. Glancing at the time, he smiled as Harry Yoon came out of the driver's side. It was exactly nine o'clock. Harry was punctual, that hadn't changed.

“C.E.O. Suk Dan,” Harry said grinning at him. “Who would have ever imagined such a thing?”

Dan laughed and held out his hand to his longtime friend. He wasn't surprised when Harry ignored his hand and instead tugged him into a tight hug. He returned Harry's hug, stepped back and studied Harry's face.

“Time hasn't been your friend, Harry,” he said in a teasing tone. “Look at you, are those gray hairs I see on your head?”

Harry patted his jaw. “You're one to talk, your hair hasn't gotten any less shaggier. How do they let you in a boardroom?”

“With great care,” Dan said. “It's good to see you, my friend. I didn't think you'd agree after our last phone call. How is your mother?”

“She's doing better.” Harry let go of him and stepped back to look up at the brick house behind him. “She's actually the reason I decided to accept your offer. I'm moving back to Seoul permanently and I need a job. Is this really Kim Jaehan's house?”

Dan smiled and moved to stand beside Harry. “Yes it is,” he said with a sigh. “He's only been here for three months. No one knows the address. But, I'm sure that won't last long when the new album comes out.”

Harry nodded, his gaze taking in the compound. “With all the rumors about Rebellion, you'd imagine the three of them are hiding away penniless.”

Dan shrugged. “They know how to plan themselves. Harry, they've been through a lot and are still-”

“Yes, you've told me,” Harry said cutting in. “I'm eager to meet this trio. They've completely turned you into a mother hen. You were never this involved with the talent.”

Dan met Harry's muddy-brown eyes. “They're not just talent to me, Harry. That's the first thing we have to get straight. Those three young men are like my children, my best friends, and my family. They come first at all times.”

Harry studied him for a moment then smiled. “I figured. You called me with such worry I was afraid you were going to cry on the phone.”

“I was not,” Dan protested his cheeks flushing as he turned away from Harry. “I just-”

“Which one of them is it?” Harry asked studying him.

Dan shook his head. “Enough, you haven't even met them yet and you're speculating.”

Harry smiled. “Fine, I'll guess by myself.”

“Don't screw around,” Dan said. “Those three, they're stubborn and more tenacious than you, Harry. They've been up and dropped down so hard it was a miracle they got back up. They're not kids, or spoiled. Now that you know that, are you taking the job?”

“Yes, I'll be Rebellion's manager,” Harry said. “If only to meet the people who've changed you this much.”

“Good.” Dan indicated the front door. “Shall we? Junghee, Andre, and Jae are downstairs. They're polishing their last song on the new album. We have a lot to get through to get them back on the market.”

“Is it true they can't promote?” Harry asked as they entered the house.

“We have a lot of roadblocks to face,” Dan said with a tight smile. “I've been working these past three months trying to find a way around the roadblocks. Jade Entertainment will act as the band's record label and management agency. I've found two distribution companies willing to work with us as long as we handle all marketing and promotional activities. It's an unfair deal, but the only one we can make considering the situation. No one is willing to risk working with a band that can't promote itself in the normal channels. So, you and Rebellion have a lot of work ahead of you.”

“The marketing financial burden falls on Jade Entertainment,” Harry said with a frown. “What if they don't sell?”

“We have to sell,” Dan said as he led the way to the basement. He stopped at the top of the stairs. “We can't afford to fail, Harry. For their sake and the company's. I'm staking everything I have, so we have to go aboveboard.”

Harry studied him with a frown. “How much of your money is in this?”

Dan scowled. “Two minutes with you and we're already discussing my money. You really haven't changed.”

Harry poked him on his arm with his index finger. “You haven't changed either. When you get involved, you really do jump in with both feet. Do they know?”

“No, and it stays that way. Jaehan tends to lose his concentration when problems arise and we can't afford that. I need him focused on the band, and the music.”

Harry sighed and Dan continued to the studio.

“Why do you always get me into troublesome situations?” Harry asked following him.

Dan chuckled as they walked along a short hallway in the basement to a pair of green double doors. He pushed one open and urged Harry into the studio first. He smiled when Harry stopped short just as Stronger filled the speakers. Jae sat in a leather chair swinging back and forth as he listened to their finished song. Junghee lay on the couch tossing a ball on the opposite wall, and Andre was pacing the length of the room.

Stronger was the album's title song. The melody gliding out in fast repetitive riffs, complex and holding the power of rock itself, it left him breathless. The mood still full metal, images of black leather jackets filled his mind and the beat had him banging his head. Jae's voice was sexy; his strong smoky vocals send a thrill racing down Dan's back. It sounded so different with more instruments and added a professional polish with a screaming chorus backed by Junghee and Andre's vocals. The song was stunning, and Rebellion's fans would fall in love with it. But his favorite version would always be the one Jae had played for him yesterday.

He met Jae's gaze. This song, Jae had written this song for him. Knowing that changed so much, he at least knew he wasn't just another lover in Jae's life.

“They're amazing,” Harry murmured beside him. “Jaehan's vocals have matured, unlike the days he sang for Black Shade. He sounds grown up, strong, and I love that edgy tone.”

“They've gone through a lot of training these past three years. They really bloomed on the world stage, but now they'll be at home.” Dan smiled when Jae winked at him. “I can't wait to see them on a stage in Seoul.”

“I can see,” Harry said giving him a knowing glance. “What is the name of this new album?”

“Breaking Free, this song, Stronger, is the album's title song,” Dan answered.

Junghee had said that it was time Rebellion took a stand and broke away from their past. Now that they were back home, the album was a celebration of all they had endured. He fully agreed and hoped that they could manage to make that image clear to Rebellion's fans.

“It should be fun to promote this. No hint of the past, not even the world tour era, we're just going to concentrate on the album and the band having fun,” Dan said waiting for the song to end.

“Good plan,” Harry said.

Dan nodded as the song ended and Jae turned to look at Junghee and Andre. Jae smiled when Junghee gave him a thumbs-up and Andre clapped.

“That's a wrap,” Andre said happily, putting the song on repeat, he sat in the seat next to Jae and lowered the volume. “Now the fun part. Time to tour and meet our fans.”

Jae picked up the music sheets scattered around him. “Fun part for you, Andre, not me.”

Andre tugged Jae's ponytail and grinned. “You have fun with it too.”

“Guys,” Dan interrupted when Jae laughed. “Your new manager is here.”

Jae swiveled his seat around to look at Harry with a blank expression. Dan hid a smile as he urged Harry closer.

Junghee got to his feet and Andre stood. “Harry, meet Kang Junghee and Song Andre.”

They both bowed. “Nice to meet you, hyung-nim.”

Harry smiled, happy with their welcome. He turned to Jae and Dan could see Junghee and Andre both hold their breath. Jae stood up and bowed to Harry.

“I'm happy to meet you, hyung-nim. I'm Kim Jaehan.”

Dan grinned when Junghee and Andre both let out relieved sighs.

****

em>Hyung-nim - means respected older brother. The guys use it to call Harry because their age gap is larger, and his relationship with them, will be close. They use this, to make him feel at ease around them.
Thank you for reading. ^_^
2013, lilansui
  • Like 14
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Sui - that song was really beautiful! As I said before - you can give up your day job now. :)

 

I'm proud of Jae for 'growing up' and not giving Harry a hard time. After all, it's not like he'll never see Dan again. lol

 

I'm also glad he was able to convey to Dan how much he means to him. Dan was smart to recognize the love Jae had for him coming through that song.

 

Great chapter, Sui! :)

Link to comment
On 02/21/2014 12:38 PM, Lisa said:
Sui - that song was really beautiful! As I said before - you can give up your day job now. :)

 

I'm proud of Jae for 'growing up' and not giving Harry a hard time. After all, it's not like he'll never see Dan again. lol

 

I'm also glad he was able to convey to Dan how much he means to him. Dan was smart to recognize the love Jae had for him coming through that song.

 

Great chapter, Sui! :)

:) I might take your advice, lol, can just imagine the expressions I'd get in my house. Lol. Thanks again for the awesome edit as always. :)
Link to comment

I was wondering until I saw Lisa's review if you wrote the song. Now, I know. A young lady of many talents. "bows" It's beautiful.

 

The depth of emotion in this chapter? :worship: Great job

Link to comment
On 02/22/2014 08:53 AM, joann414 said:
I was wondering until I saw Lisa's review if you wrote the song. Now, I know. A young lady of many talents. "bows" It's beautiful.

 

The depth of emotion in this chapter? :worship: Great job

:) Thanks Jo Ann. I tried to cut back on the drama, but in the end it ended up that way, since the story is romance, can't help but wax poetic, once in a while :) Thank you for reading gal!! Made my day.
  • Love 1
Link to comment

After reading other reviews I came to know that you wrote this song on your own and believe that song was amazing....suited perfectly to the situation.

 

I really like connversations between Dan and Jae. Dan is very intelligent and caring. He actually treats three of them as a mother. Jae is way more mature than before. I'm curious to know what happens with the arrival of Harry.

 

Another wonderful chapter...waiting for more and when are you planning to update 'Dragon's kiss'. I really miss Vincent and Haje. keep up the good work.

Link to comment
On 03/23/2014 04:28 PM, sacredlove said:
After reading other reviews I came to know that you wrote this song on your own and believe that song was amazing....suited perfectly to the situation.

 

I really like connversations between Dan and Jae. Dan is very intelligent and caring. He actually treats three of them as a mother. Jae is way more mature than before. I'm curious to know what happens with the arrival of Harry.

 

Another wonderful chapter...waiting for more and when are you planning to update 'Dragon's kiss'. I really miss Vincent and Haje. keep up the good work.

Thanks Sacred, yes Jae has grown up some, and sometimes Dan has had to play different roles for the guys, he cares a lot for them. Thank you for reading as always. I stopped by your story, made me cry a bit... still need tissues...^_^. Dragon's Kiss...**insert very low bow) this writer has wronged you.I'll fix that soon, promise) ** I love your reviews, keep reading.
Link to comment

Wow, what a ride on the emotional roller coaster!

Dan is finally at a point of better understanding, to us and to Jae. They are actually very much the same with respect to their hearts and love commitment; give it all and suffer the good and bad.

But that brings us to the differences. Jae suffers his pain like a volcano boiling of emotional molten lava of immeasurable pressures ready to unleash with uncontrollable rage and fury without direction. Dan patiently suffers his pain of commitment and desire without a reliable reward of return, yet he has proven a unyielding strength to win Jae’s armored heart.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..