Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 7,018 Words
  • 2,410 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You Make Me....Crazy - 9. Chapter 9

Because of You, I Can be Myself

Dan poured Jae another drink and sat back to watch him toss it back. They’d stopped at a convenience store near his building and he’d bought a six-pack of Soju. They sat on the carpet in the middle of his living room, a low wooden table between them. Jae was happily drinking without any worries. He frowned at the five empty bottles of Soju that littered the space to his right.

Jae glanced at him with a wide smile. “Dan, don’t you think it’s inappropriate to frown right now?”

“You’re already tipsy and heading towards your alcohol limit,” Dan said shaking his head. “Here I thought we were going to talk or something.”

Jae took the bottle from him and poured him a drink. “Stop complaining and drink. I haven’t been able to drink without worrying lately. This is the first time, Dan. Don’t spoil it.”

Dan frowned and took his glass. He took a sip, because at the rate Jae was going, moderation was the best course.

“I like your apartment,” Jae said staring out the windows that showed off the city. “It reminds me of my old place. I used to lie down on the carpet when it rained and watch the city for hours. Of course, those times were limited to three or four per year. I usually escaped the Black Shade dorm and I ended up in trouble with the manager. But those few hours, just laying down there doing nothing, seemed like paradise.”

In the past three years, he’d never heard Jae talk about his Black Shade era. Jae had chosen to concentrate on Rebellion, never once discussing Jaesun or N-sang, not even with Junghee and Andre. This small glimpse into Jae’s life before made his heart ache imagining him alone in that apartment looking for peace.

“You can do that here if you like,” Dan offered, hating the dark shadow that had fallen over Jae’s eyes. He took the bottle and filled Jae’s glass. “I’m rarely here, so, if that’s what you want to do, I’ll give you the code.”

Jae sipped this time and smiled at him. “Who told you I want to be here alone?”

Dan blinked.

Jae laughed and leaned his elbows on the low wooden table. “If I’m going to be in your apartment, you should be here. I don’t want to spend any minute without you inside this place.”

Dan laughed. “Jeez, a few hours ago, you were protesting our relationship.”

“Why are you rarely here?” Jae asked studying him with curious brown eyes. “Is it because you’re always in the office? It’s not good to spend so much time at work. Think of your health.”

“I’m usually working to make you happy,” Dan answered with a small smile. “You’re counting on me to make Jade Entertainment successful. I can’t let you down.”

Jae tossed back his drink and placed the glass on the table with a frown. “What do you want me to say to that? “Thank you? Good job or work harder?”

“Say, I’m sorry,” Dan said filling Jae’s glass.

“Sorry?” Jae asked.

“Yes. Say I’m sorry for making you worry all the time.”

Jae tossed back his drink again and gave a wince as he put his glass beside the table.

“I’m sorry for causing you concern,” Jae said quietly. “What happens if I don’t mean it?”

Dan chuckled. “You’ll have to kiss me to apologize.”

Jae nodded and took their unfinished bottle of Soju. He placed it on the floor beside all the empty bottles, and then pushed the table in the opposite direction. Dan hid a smile as Jae moved closer until their knees touched. He sighed when Jae caressed his jaw, his fingers gentle as they moved to the back of his neck and tugged him closer still until their lips touched. He tasted Jae’s exciting flavor as well as the apples from their Soju. Closing his eyes, he leaned into the kiss, sinking his fingers into Jae’s hair. He exhaled a minute later when Jae pulled back and lay his head on his chest.

Dan wrapped an arm around Jae, his body trembling with need. He’d waited so long for this. Jae let out a snore and he groaned.

Typical, drinks until he passes out, he thought his hand moving to Jae’s neck. Closing his eyes, he leaned his chin on Jae’s head.

He carried Jae to his bed. He spent a few minutes getting Jae comfortable. Undoing Jae’s belt, he removed his jeans and sat him up to get the black t-shirt off. He paused with Jae leaning against him to touch the tattoo on Jae’s left shoulder blade. ‘Keep the faith’. Jae’s determination to keep his dreams alive humbled him sometimes. Laying him back against his pillows, he drew the sheet over him, pressed a kiss on his forehead and smiled when Jae hugged his pillow.

He left the bedroom to go clean up the bottles in the living room. Taking them into the kitchen, he put them in the sink and paused when he saw the bag Jae had brought with him. Opening it, he smiled when he found a container of gimchi. There was a yellow sticky note on the top.

‘Eat well, C.E.O. Suk Dan. >_<’

He removed the container from the bag, carefully detached the sticky note, and put it in the fridge. He stuck the note on the door and couldn’t help grinning at the little smiley face. Jae.

He cleaned up quickly. Changing out of his shirt and pants, he slid into the bed beside Jae and smiled when Jae curled into him. He pulled the covers over them and closed his eyes enjoying the feel of Jae against him. This day was perfect.

****

Jae opened his eyes the next morning and yawned. He felt incredibly rested, and relaxed. Rubbing his eyes, he blinked sleep away and sat up. Dan’s bedroom, he thought looking around the neat room. He sat in the middle of a huge bed, a white sheet tangled around him. The windows to his left let the morning sunlight in and brightened the room. Jae ran fingers through his hair and wondered where Dan had gone. Touching the pillow beside his, he frowned and decided to go looking for him.

Getting off the bed, he grabbed his jeans from a chair and pulled them on. Leaving the bedroom, he went down the short corridor to the living room and stopped when he heard Dan’s lawyer talking.

Rough Terrain sales are considerably higher than J.P.’s Mood, but they won’t acknowledge that. The music charts have ignored Rebellion and are only counting the bands under N-sang and its affiliates.”

Jae closed his eyes and leaned on the wall hating the pang of fear that swept through him.

“There is nothing we can do,” Mr. Chang said. “All the appearances offered when Rebellion arrived last week, have been cancelled as well.”

Dan sighed and Jae heard him curse under his breath. “I’d hoped they’d have softened up a bit.”

“This is because of our case against the Rand Agency. We’re still fighting it out, and producers of shows claim they don’t want to be involved in court cases.”

“But that is in Japan, not South Korea,” Dan said his voice tinged with irritation. “Fine, we let it go. Fighting them is too much work; we’ll follow another path, and Rebellion doesn’t need mainstream shows to succeed.”

“What are you going to do?” Mr. Chang asked.

“Do what we did out there, keep working and ignore the demeaning tactics.” Jae heard them move and then Dan said, “Call me if anything else changes.”

“Alright,” Mr. Chang said.

Jae lay his head against the wall and tried not to feel lost. His heart ached every time he thought about Rebellion in Seoul. Here, in this city, they were mere bugs under the monster’s heel.

“Morning,” Dan said with a wide smile and he looked up to find the man a few feet away. “You’re awake. I’d hoped to get you breakfast in bed.”

How he could afford to smile like that, Jae couldn’t understand. They were facing problems that would make anyone run away. Why didn’t Dan run away?

Dan studied him for a moment then sighed. “Were you eavesdropping?”

Jae nodded, not moving from the wall. “Are you sure we shouldn’t just leave the country again? They’re never going to allow us back on the market.”

Dan moved closer and tapped the top of his head with his finger. “Stop worrying,” Dan ordered. “You’re not alone.”

Jae sighed this time and tried not to sag to the floor. He met Dan’s gaze and was surprised to see dark eyes filled with determination.

“Don’t you sometimes wish you’d never met us?” Jae asked him after a few minutes. When Dan shook his head no, he lifted his hand and made a small space with his index finger and thumb. “Maybe even a little?” he asked.

Dan gave him a small smile. “Sometimes,” he said, “but only for a split second, then I remember why I like you so much.”

Jae chuckled.

Dan took his hand and pulled him away from the wall and into his arms for a long hug. “Come on, I’ll feed you. Everything improves after you eat.”

Jae buried his face into Dan’s dark shirt and sighed. “I’m sorry I passed out on you last night.”

Dan kissed his jaw. “I slept so well holding you I didn’t want to get out of bed when Mr. Chang called.”

Jae wrapped his arms tighter around Dan and closed his eyes. The world out there was so hard right now. But somehow, his fear dissipated when Dan held him this way. He clutched him tighter hoping to prolong this feeling a little longer.

****

“You’re hopeless,” Dan said later that week.

Worried that Jae would get bored in Seoul during the rest of his month off, Dan insisted on going on a proper holiday. They’d taken a flight to Jeju Island and booked into the Shilla Hotel.

Their relationship was stuck, Jae thought as he watched his golf ball in the air. He’d thought Dan was bringing him here so that they’d get closer, but so far, they were stuck playing golf, his least favorite sport. Apart from simple kisses and hugs, they were sharing separate rooms and Dan was keeping him at arm’s length. They’d done so many outdoor activities together he was starting to get irritated.

Jae sighed as he watched his golf ball land in the sand and adjusted his thoughts on playing golf. Dan was playing golf and he was just failing.

“I told you I’m not good at this,” he complained.

“You’re not even trying,” Dan insisted his hands at his waist. “Watching you is depressing.”

“Well, who asked you to bring me here?” Jae demanded glaring at him. “I wanted to go swimming, but you just decided on your own to drag me to your favorite golf club.”

“Jeez, that’s because I didn’t know you were this terrible.” Dan shook his head and moved to set up his ball for his shot. “I’m not giving up on you. We still have ten more holes to go.”

Ten!” Jae yelped. Removing his gloves, he decided he’d rather eat dirt than continue. Heading to their golf cart, he stowed away his club, jumped into the driver’s side and started the engine. “You play,” he called to Dan. “When you’ve had enough, you can walk back. I’ll be waiting by the pool.”

“Jae,” Dan said turning around in shock. “You wouldn’t dare leave me here.”

“Yes, I would,” Jae smiled wide, “last chance to come with me.”

Dan glared at him. “Are you really quitting?”

“I’m bored to tears swinging a golf club and watching my ball go into the water, sand, mud, and trees,” Jae sighed. “Ten more times of this and I’m going to throw myself into the lake from stress.”

Dan bit back a laugh and picked up his ball.

“How is it Junghee is a pro and you’re not?” Dan asked in a baffled tone. Jae started to drive off and Dan held up his hands in surrender and ran to the golf cart when Jae stopped. “Okay, I’ll stop.”

Dan took the passenger seat and glanced at him when he started for the clubhouse.

“What?” Jae asked when Dan’s stare got uncomfortable.

“Were you really going to drive off?”

“Of course,” Jae said.

“You need to be more patient,” Dan told him.

“Next time you drive me out here, I’m throwing my golf club at you.” Jae warned him.

Dan laughed. “You surprise me every day.”

Jae shifted in his seat and frowned. “Why?”

“This whole week, I keep finding out things about you I didn’t know.” Dan smiled.

“Things like what?” Jae asked driving over a hill.

“Sore subjects like golf, I think I just saw your irritated side today,” Dan said with a chuckle. “Then there was yesterday when we were running along the trail to the beach. You were smiling so hard I thought you were going to burst with joy. Of course, there was the boat ride the night before.”

Jae laughed. “I saw your bad side that night. I’ve only ever read about people who turn green when they get seasick. Who knew that Suk Dan would actually go weak in the knees and turn green?”

“I’d hoped you’d forget that,” Dan said with a pained expression.

Jae shook his head. “You’ve been giving me grief since we started playing today. ‘Jae, you’re digging out the grass.’ ‘Jae, you’re swinging the club like you’re playing with a sword.’ I think you’re worse at criticizing than Junghee. There is no way I’m going to forget you at sea.”

Dan poked him in the ribs. “We should find something we both like to do.”

Jae drove up the back of the clubhouse and parked. Dan moved to get out but Jae stopped him with a touch on his shoulder. When Dan looked at him, he asked, “Want to go on a date with me?”

“A date,” Dan repeated with a frown.

“Yes,” Jae said in irritation. “You know, dressing up, nice food, a walk on the beach, maybe some kissing.”

Dan smiled. “How can I refuse when you ask me so nicely?”

Jae scowled at him. “Well, you don’t have to-,”

“I want to,” Dan interrupted him. “What time?”

Jae smiled and glanced at his watch. It was just four o’clock. “Let’s say seven o’clock.”

“Perfect,” Dan said with a mysterious smile.

They leisurely drove back to the hotel. Once they arrived, Jae headed upstairs to his room to get a quick shower before a swim and to make a call to his concierge. He was happy for the privacy offered by the hotel. He swam to his heart’s content working out the day’s frustrations until he felt fresh and renewed. He left the pool with an hour left to dinner. Heading upstairs, he smiled when he passed Dan’s door. Wiping water from his eyes with his towel, he entered his room looking forward to their night together.

“You’re here,” a soft feminine voice said and he stopped staring in shock at the woman standing in the middle of his suite. She was dressed in a tight red dress that didn’t leave much to the imagination. “Oppa, I’ve been waiting for you, what took you so long in the pool?”

She started toward him and he took a step back. He’d long learned that such fans weren’t harmless. Most of them lost their super nice façade the moment he rejected them. Every bone in his body told him to run, so he forced himself to smile at her and keep calm.

“How did you find me?” he asked as she continued to follow him. Her heels were high, and sharp, they could easily turn into a weapon. Her long nails too, he noted with a grimace, as she ran a caressing hand down her thigh. He had no clothes on, just his swimming trunks. Taking another few steps back, he felt the door and reached back for the door handle.

Oppa don’t run away from me,” she said, her sweet expression turning into a frustrated one when he turned the lock.

He pulled the door open and lunged into the corridor. He ran to Dan’s door and pounded. She reached him just as Dan opened his door and he threw himself into Dan’s room just as her nails scratched his back as she tried to grab on to him.

Oppa!” the crazed woman shouted angrily. Dan pushed her back and slammed the door closed.

Jae exhaled in relief and moved to sit on the nearest coffee table. His back stung and he couldn’t stop trembling. Dan rushed to his side.

“Where was she?” Dan asked touching his bare shoulder.

“In my room,” Jae said with a sigh trying to touch the stinging spot on his back with his left hand. “She scratched me.”

Dan cursed under his breath and inspected his back. “I’ll call the hotel’s in-house doctor, and then I’ll call security.”

Dan moved away to get his cellphone. While he made calls, Jae went to the bathroom to check his back. He’d been right about her nails; he scowled staring at the four scratches on his back. Did she think she was a cat? Damn sasaeng fans, he cursed. He shuddered just thinking about how long she’d been in his suite. He had no way of knowing what she’d done to his things. There was no way he was going to sleep in that suite tonight

He sighed.

“The doctor is here.” Dan came into the bathroom and wrapped an arm around his shoulders. “Security has the woman in custody. She won’t bother you again.”

Jae nodded and allowed Dan to lead him into the living room. The hotel doctor was a young woman who disinfected the wounds on his back and applied a cream.

“You’re going to be fine,” she advised. “If it starts hurting more than usual, be sure to visit your doctor.”

When she left, Dan came to sit next to him and for the first time, Jae realized Dan was dressed for their date. He looked handsome in a lightweight white t-shirt, white slacks, and a pale blue jacket. Dark locks combed back away from Dan’s face, made Jae just want to ruffle them with his fingers, make them messy again.

“Do you want to stay?” Dan asked looking at him with a worried expression. “We can head back to Seoul right now.”

Jae stared at him at a loss.

“How did she get in to my room?” he asked then answered his own question. “I know. She probably paid off someone downstairs. Gods, it never gets old. I kept thinking about Andre and how that crazy fan in South America almost kidnapped him. It’s really unfair that I can’t beat them up.”

Jae shook his head.

“I can’t protect you, Dan. What if she’d come in and found us together?” He dropped his face into his hands. “This life of mine is so hard sometimes. Why can’t they just leave us alone?”

Dan moved closer on the couch and wrapped an arm around his shoulders. “I can take it. I’m not afraid.”

“Can you?” Jae asked meeting Dan’s gaze. “The moment they find out about you and me, you’re going to hear worse things than you heard back when they thought you were working with the mob.”

Dan laughed and held him tighter. “Let them talk, Jae. What you and I feel for each other is between you and me. Now, how about we change the venue for our dinner?”

Jae chuckled. “How can you think about food? A crazy woman was just going through my stuff.”

“That’s precisely why we have to follow our plans,” Dan said firmly. He stood and dragged Jae up. “Go into my bedroom, I’ll get your stuff.”

“Dan,” Jae started to protest but Dan silenced him with a fierce kiss that had him clinging to Dan’s shoulders. When Dan let him go, he stumbled back.

“We’re having our date,” Dan insisted and headed to the door. “I’ll be back with your stuff.”

*****

The hotel staff set up a table for two by the windows in his suite. They had a lovely view of the beach and the hotel’s lighted gardens. Their food was perfect; Jae was handsome in a light burgundy v-neck shirt and matching slacks. Dan watched him mangle his carrot cake with his fork. Despite their lovely setting, Jae seemed lost in his thoughts. No doubt worrying about the crazy fan earlier, Dan thought with a sigh.

He pushed his own dessert away and reached for Jae’s hand. “What’s on your mind now?”

Jae looked up shaking his head. “Nothing really, the food is delicious.”

“I’m quite sure you have no idea what we just ate,” Dan said lacing their fingers together.

Jae chuckled and moved his cake away so that he could lean his elbows on the table. “This isn’t the date I’d planned.”

“Is that what’s bothering you?” Dan asked.

Jae shrugged. “I’m not really the romantic sort, but I’d hoped to at least try tonight. I’ve never had the chance to do something like this and I wanted it to be special.”

“This is special.” Dan said squeezing Jae’s fingers. He touched the silver ring on Jae’s index finger. “It’s our first date.”

“I wanted to walk with you on the beach,” Jae confessed. “Holding hands, doing something cheesy like the songs I sing about. Isn’t that stupid?”

Dan laughed. “No, it’s not stupid. But, you’re not everyone, Jae.”

“Well, I wish I was,” Jae said with a sigh turning his gaze out the window. “No one would care who I was, and we’d just spend time on the beach without worry. I’d kiss you whenever and wherever I wanted.”

Dan tugged his hand. “I like this Jae very much,” he said quietly. “You’re enough for me, so stop worrying. And if you want to kiss me so much, I’m right here.”

Jae turned to look at him with a mischievous look. “If I can kiss you when I want, why did you put us in different rooms? Not to mention you’ve spent the last week dragging me through all kinds of outdoor shenanigans.”

“Didn’t you like it?” Dan asked feigning shock.

“Playing golf,” Jae scoffed and pushed his chair back. He stood and came around the table to Dan’s side. “Did I look like I was having fun?”

Dan laughed and moved his chair back too. Jae straddled him, settling on his lap with his arms on Dan’s shoulders. Dan bit his lower lip as lust flared. He dropped his hands to Jae’s hips, pulling him closer, his hands sliding up Jae’s back, caressing sinewy muscles through the light shirt. Jae wrapped his arms around his neck and lowered his head to his left ear.

“I want you, Dan,” Jae said then trailed hot little kisses along his neck, then up his jaw to his mouth. When they kissed, Dan bunched Jae’s shirt with his fingers.

Gods help him, but he wanted Jae too.

*****

Jae sunk his fingers in Dan’s hair, and tugged the strands out of the neat style. Dan groaned and tried to move his head away but Jae wouldn’t let him. He combed his fingers through the thick soft strands and laughed when Dan bit his chin in retaliation. It was a soft love bite that sent delicious thrills running through him.

“The first time I saw you, I thought you were an unkempt lawyer.” Jae studied the dark tresses, watching the ends curl into an unruly mess. He pushed Dan’s hair back making Dan look at him. “You were so irritating.”

Dan chuckled and Jae felt his fingers slide under his shirt. When Dan caressed his back, warm fingers tracing his backbone, Jae couldn’t help letting out a gasp.

“If I was irritating, you were annoying,” Dan said pressing a kiss on his collarbone.

Jae tightened his fingers in Dan’s hair when Dan’s lips trailed hot wet kisses to his neck. Dan’s kisses turned into nibbling bites on his skin that made him squirm on Dan’s lap. He could feel Dan’s hard erection under him, and his breathing quickened. He closed his eyes when Dan finally kissed his lips again. A wave of raw burning desire burst through him when Dan tightened his arms around him and murmured, “I want you too, Jae.”

They ended up on Dan’s bed, naked. Lights blazing, Jae lay beside Dan tracing his fingers over Dan’s chest, enjoying the contrast of his hand against Dan’s pale skin. Dan lay on his back, arms under his head, watching through hooded eyes as Jae explored his chest. Jae smiled slightly when he touched Dan’s right nipple. A soft gasp escaped Dan’s lips and he rewarded him by pinching the hard nub.

Dan shot him a glare and he chuckled. Leaning over to lick the tortured nipple, he kissed it and bathed it with his tongue. When Dan’s fingers sunk into his hair, he sucked hard on the nub then did the same thing when Dan urged him to the left nipple.

His fingers continued their exploration down Dan’s flat stomach; he traced the soft trail of dark hair to Dan’s straining cock. The long hard length burned in his palm when he wrapped his fingers around it. He trailed kisses down Dan’s chest, pausing at his stomach to swirl his tongue around Dan’s belly button. Dan hissed and he lifted his gaze to meet needy dark eyes. He continued lower, shifting so that he was straddling Dan’s thighs. He gave all his attention to Dan’s cock. Taking his time, he stroked the pulsing length, covering the soft sensitive skin with pre-cum; he lowered his head and touched the tip with his tongue tasting Dan. Sweet, and musky, he bathed the tip with his tongue again and smiled when Dan arched his hips into his hand. He took the head into his mouth, sucking gently and then pulling back, teasing Dan and driving him to the edge.

When Dan’s fingers bunched in his hair tight, he quickened his strokes, making them faster until Dan exploded in his mouth with a harsh gasp. Dan fell back on the pillows breathing hard. Jae stroked him gently then sat back on his heels, his gaze falling on his own cock. He was so hard, needing release; when he moved to touch himself, Dan grabbed his hand and sat up.

“Mine,” Dan growled pulling him into a frenzied kiss. Clawing desire burned through him, making him moan when Dan pushed him on his back. Dan lay over him and deepened their kiss. His cock rubbed against Dan’s stomach and he grinded his hips against him, but Dan rose to his knees and stopped him.

“I’ve waited years for you,” Dan said quietly, touching his jaw.

Jae smiled and took Dan’s hand. Bringing his thumb to his mouth, he bit the rough finger slightly then soothed it with a lick. “I’m right here,” he said holding Dan’s dark gaze.

Dan touched his lips with his thumb then he leaned down and took his mouth in a feverish kiss. Fire ignited then, Jae could only hang on as Dan took over. He trembled when Dan trailed hot wet kisses down his stomach, and his hips arched of their own accord when Dan took his aching erection into his scorching mouth. With his sweat-sleeked body shaking with need, Jae sobbed and begged for release. Dan sucked him until he was close, but never gave in to Jae’s pleading. Instead, Dan moved away from the bed and reached for a bag on the bedside table. Jae watched him get out a tube of lube and a pack of condoms. He dropped those on the bed and uncapped the lube. Eager for him, Jae met Dan’s gaze and spread his legs. Dan smiled slightly as he shifted back between his open thighs. Jae watched him coat his fingers with lube and drop the bottle on the bed. He bit his lip when Dan ran his cool fingers along his cock, down to his asshole. When Dan slipped one finger inside him, he closed his eyes and arched into Dan’s gentle, probing strokes. When Dan added another finger, he bit his lip, feeling his insides adjust to the pressure of having Dan inside him. He groaned when Dan added a third, his toes curling, he opened his eyes and met Dan’s heated gaze. A gasp escaped when Dan found his prostate and stroked it, Jae felt his cock thicken, and he erupted in a gut-wrenching orgasm, sending streaks of cum on his stomach and on Dan.

Dan withdrew his fingers and leaned to kiss him. Jae moaned opening his mouth to take Dan’s tongue. He reached for a condom and ripped it open. He took Dan’s hardening cock and stroked him twice before he slid the condom on. Dan broke their kiss and took the bottle of lube again. Coating his condom-sheathed cock with the lube, he urged Jae on to his stomach, and tugged his hips so that he was on his knees.

Jae sighed when Dan ran his hands over his back, then grabbed his hips and tugged him against his hard cock. He closed his eyes when he felt Dan push into him. His opening felt tight, for a split second, he was afraid Dan might be too big. He gritted his teeth against the pain when Dan pushed inside hard, he gasped at the feel of Dan sliding into him. So big, so thick, he felt so full. The pain subsided, leaving waves of pleasure as he arched his back and shifted his knees wider giving himself up to Dan. Bunching the covers in his fists, Jae exhaled when Dan pulled out and pushed in again, the feel of him so scorching he shook with need. Dan leaned over him, pressing kisses on his shoulder, hands at his hips, as Jae arched into Dan’s thrusts, rolling his hips in delight. Biting his lip, he moaned deep when Dan’s cock drove into him harder, each thrust dragging over that part of him deep inside that sent mind-numbing thrills that threatened to short out his brain. He came again with a hoarse cry, vaguely aware of Dan’s fingers tightening at his hips. The next thing he knew, they were both laying on the bed exhausted, little bolts of pleasure sweeping through him every time Dan breathed. He never wanted to move again.

Dan slipped out of him, and turned him around so that they faced each other. He sighed when Dan kissed him. Jae shifted his leg over Dan’s hip and wrapped his arms around Dan’s waist. He closed his eyes when Dan wrapped an arm around his back, and sunk his fingers into his hair. He fell asleep in the safety of Dan’s embrace.

*****

Jae lay on his stomach the next morning watching Dan sleep. Sleeping Dan was cute, he thought with a small smile. His dark hair a wild mess, his lips slightly parted, Jae resisted the urge to trace them. Letting out a breath, he hugged his pillow tighter and tried to stop the shaky feelings inside him. Every cell in his body felt like it was bursting with energy, and he wanted to wrap his arms around Dan and never let go. It scared him a bit.

Closing his eyes, he breathed out his anxiety into the pillow and wondered how he was going to stop his heart from foolishly falling for this man. If he didn’t stop himself, this was going to be worse than what he’d gone through with Jaesun. Dan reached a part of him he hadn’t even known existed.

His eyes flew open when Dan shifted beside him. He watched Dan’s eyes open, blinking sleep away, and his heart skipped violently when that dark gaze turned to him. Dan smiled and shifted to his right so that they faced each other.

“Morning,” Dan greeted leaning over to press a kiss on his forehead. “You’re wide awake.”

Jae smiled and would have spoken but Dan took his lips in a leisurely kiss. Letting go of his pillow, Jae reached for Dan, wrapping his arms around Dan’s neck pressing their bodies together.

Dan broke the kiss, “That’s a hell of a good morning.”

Jae buried his face in Dan’s chest. “Can we stay in here for the rest of this vacation?” Jae asked not ready to leave this paradise. Suddenly it didn’t matter what the future held. He didn’t care.

“Jae?” Dan asked holding him tighter. “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine.” Jae said. “I’m just, I-,”

Dan chuckled sleepily and pulled back to study him. “We can order in,” Dan said after a moment.

*****

The Sunday before their month-long holiday ended, Jae decided he was going to make dinner to celebrate. Junghee and Andre were coming back to Seoul. He wanted to tell them about Dan, and show off his house. With Dan at his office, and no actual staff to help him shop, Jae left his house and headed out to the supermarket.

As he drove through the afternoon traffic, his thoughts lingered on the past two weeks. His brain was still caught up in the dreamy haze of those days and nights spent in Dan’s suite. He hardened with the memory of making love with Dan. They’d spent every minute tangled in each other’s arms. When they weren’t making love, they talked. Dan had told him about his vision for Jade Entertainment and the things he wanted to do for Rebellion but couldn’t yet. Jae had felt humbled listening to him. He pulled into the supermarket parking lot and sat for a moment. He’d spent the past three years focused on Rebellion, not paying attention to his family, or the fight he’d left up to Dan to handle when they’d asked him to create Jade Entertainment.

Now he was back in Seoul, and the fight ahead of them scared him. Their opponent was hard, relentless. Having Dan in his life, as a lover and a friend, made him happy but it also meant he had so much more to lose. If they wanted to fight for Rebellion, those people were going to work toward uncovering every part of his life.

He pulled out the keys from the ignition and stared at them.

The night before they’d left Jeju Island, Dan had told him he could quit if he wanted when he’d voiced his reluctance to leave their private paradise and start another battle against corporations.

“You, Junghee, and Andre have made the statement you wanted to make. Rebellion might not be able to play at home, but you’ve earned recognition worldwide. You’re wealthy enough never to work again. If you tell me you want to stop and just run Jade Entertainment or whatever, I’ll be okay with it.”

Dan’s quiet advice filled his head and he suddenly realized that he wanted to stop. He wanted to walk away, and be satisfied with what they’d achieved. If he stopped now, he’d get to keep Dan forever, he thought. He’d be able to wake up next to him and love him with all he had. Jae sighed and closed his eyes.

Love, he was truly losing his mind. Dan made him feel this way. With one kiss, Dan made him feel like he was the only person that mattered in the world.

Touching his lips, he sighed and opened his eyes needing to get back to reality. And his reality included Junghee and Andre. He had to remember them, always. This was their future too, he couldn’t afford people hating, and blaming him like Jaesun did. Walking out of N-sang together had tied their fates for life. His decisions weren’t his alone.

Getting out of the car, he tugged his white cap lower on his head and adjusted his reading glasses. Taking a paper from his pocket, he read the list of ingredients. The plan was get in, find the stuff, and get out. Too bad the weather was hot; he couldn’t really wear a hoodie without attracting attention. Tapping the pocket on his jeans, he nodded when he felt his cellphone. Dan was going to kill him if he found out he’d gone into a supermarket alone. Locking the car, he headed into the supermarket.

Jae pushed his reading glasses higher on his face and tugged his white cap lower. Gripping the shopping cart, he paused in the fish aisle and stared at the wide selection. He’d gotten everything on his list except for the fish and the chili peppers. So far, no one had paid attention to him, so all was well.

“Can I help you?”

Jae winced and wondered if he could get out of this with just pointing. He shook his head and turned away from the fish.

“Mr. Customer,” the sales clerk said coming around to stop him. “Don’t walk away, I’ll help you. What are you looking for?”

Jae bit his lip and turned to look at the nice young man. When he didn’t get a scream in reaction, he looked back at the fish. “I want eighteen ounces of monkfish fillet.”

“Oh, what are you cooking?” the young man asked hurrying back around his counter. He put on his gloves and Jae relaxed. “No, don’t tell me. Is it for fish stew or braised monkfish?”

Jae smiled. “Which one do you like better?”

“Braised monkfish, especially when it’s extra spicy,” the sales clerk said. He worked fast, measuring his fish, and then wrapping it. “Do you want anything else?”

Jae shook his head and reached for the package. He frowned when the sales clerk held on to his fish and instead passed him a white paper and pen.

“Please,” the sales clerk said, “sign for me.”

Jae gasped and looked around at the busy supermarket. He looked at the sales clerk again and frowned when the young man winked at him.

“Please,” the sales clerk insisted.

Taking the pen, Jae signed his name and looked at the sales clerk expectantly.

“Best sales clerk ever,” the young man said.

Jae wrote as instructed and handed the paper over. “Can I have my fish?”

“Are you making a meal for two?” the young man asked holding out the package.

Jae tugged the package, glaring at the sales clerk who kept holding on. “For my friends,” he answered when it was obvious the sales clerk wouldn’t let go.

“Ah.” The young man let go and Jae dumped the package in his cart. “Thank you so much.”

Jae nodded and hurried to the fresh produce section. He was busy choosing the chili peppers when the shouts started near the fish aisle. Determined to finish buying what he wanted, he continued choosing his peppers then headed to check out. Tugging his cap lower, he got to the line with his head held down.

His phone buzzed when he was packing his groceries. Thanking the checkout clerk, he answered his phone and headed for the exit.

“Where are you?” Dan asked.

“Supermarket,” Jae answered. He turned back in time to see the fish sales clerk appear at the checkout lines. He left the supermarket with a smile and rushed toward his Jeep.

“Kim Jaehan!” Dan exploded in his ear. “Oh my gods! Which supermarket? Are you safe? I’m going to-,”

“Calm down,” Jae said getting to the Jeep. He dumped his bags on the passenger seat and drove out of the parking lot. “I’m hoping you’re coming home early. Dinner is at six o’clock. Junghee and Andre are coming over.”

“Jae,” Dan started clearly worried.

“I’m in my car, safely,” Jae said, “and show up on time.”

“You make me…crazy,” Dan said before he hung up.

Jae chuckled and started his car. Dan.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note

Soju - distilled, rice alcohol, popular drink e.g. jinro soju

Oppa - used by girls on older guys they like

Sasaeng Fans - Fanatic fan, with stalker qualities, They go to great lengths to follow the stars they like, to the point of knowing their favorite’s stars daily routine, home address, family members. When he/she’s going shopping, they follow him and recommend what to buy, if the star doesn’t, they send them threatening messages. To another extent, there are those who’ll break into the stars' home and install cameras so they can keep up with their star’s life. (Sasaeng fans have these kind of qualities.) In this culture, they’re accepted, a musician/actor is considered famous by how many sasaeng fans he has. Of course, it’s a hard life for the star, virtually impossible to have privacy. The star also can’t do much about fighting them off because they’ll claim being abused and also give bad publicity.

Editor's note

Fillet and Filet -which is it? - We've had quite a discussion with this word. So, we're posting a little note to further explain the difference. A fillet is a cut or slice of boneless fish, filet refers to a boneless cut of meat, usually a tender, high quality one, e.g. steak filet, The word fillet is used to specify a boneless cut of fish, or as a verb, to refer to the act of slicing the boneless side off of a fish.

Sui's note - Outside U.S. we use the word fillet to work for the meat too, but in the U.S., it's filet when speaking of meat, and fillet when speaking of fish.

Thank you for reading to this point, you're awesome!! And I'm passing out mint flavored lollipops next chapter. :)

to Lisa, You're one in a million, thank you for a wonderful edit!!

2013, lilansui
  • Like 19
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Damn girl! You've got that sex scene writing down to perfection :worship: I absolutely loved this chapter. Dan is a godsend.

Link to comment

Mint flavored lolly's...I'll be waiting! Sorta like candy canes? Man, I love those! lol

 

That whole scene with Jae and Dan on the golf course just had me cracking up! Jae was gonna just drive off and leave Dan there, high and dry! lol Their banter is so funny. They really play off each other so well.

 

Ha, and poor Dan got seasick. lol

 

And I must ditto Jo Ann: awesome smut you wrote there, Sui! :) hehe

 

Thank you for the shout-out, but you are the writer and w/o your wonderful words, I wouldn't have anything to edit. Did that sound cheesy? Sorry, it's after 1 a.m. and my brain is fried.

 

And thank you for the author's note at the bottom. I did learn something about the filet/fillet. I never realized before that to fillet a fish is with two 'l's'.

 

Awesome chapter as always, Sui! :2thumbs:

Link to comment
On 11/23/2013 07:11 AM, joann414 said:
Damn girl! You've got that sex scene writing down to perfection :worship: I absolutely loved this chapter. Dan is a godsend.
Thank you Jo Ann!! You're the best. :)
Link to comment
On 11/23/2013 05:12 PM, Lisa said:
Mint flavored lolly's...I'll be waiting! Sorta like candy canes? Man, I love those! lol

 

That whole scene with Jae and Dan on the golf course just had me cracking up! Jae was gonna just drive off and leave Dan there, high and dry! lol Their banter is so funny. They really play off each other so well.

 

Ha, and poor Dan got seasick. lol

 

And I must ditto Jo Ann: awesome smut you wrote there, Sui! :) hehe

 

Thank you for the shout-out, but you are the writer and w/o your wonderful words, I wouldn't have anything to edit. Did that sound cheesy? Sorry, it's after 1 a.m. and my brain is fried.

 

And thank you for the author's note at the bottom. I did learn something about the filet/fillet. I never realized before that to fillet a fish is with two 'l's'.

 

Awesome chapter as always, Sui! :2thumbs:

I love them too, I have a secret stash..lol. Jae and Dan's relationship is fun to create, they're kinda nuts. Awww...thank you for the praise, I like your 1a.m. brain...lol :) So, I'm off to work on the next chapter.
Link to comment

A sweet chapter dipped in chocolaty romance...just loved it. So glad that finally Dan and Jae made love; that scene was actually amazing. Their kisses, touches and little moments together were highlights of the chapter. I so love seeing them together. I hope they always remain together. I was happy not to see Jaeshun in this chapter.

 

I really like Dan. He's patient, funny, romantic, caring...all the ingredients of a perfect boyfriend. Like your all heroes, he's also a gem.

 

Great work Sui...looking for more romance. Take care:)

Link to comment
On 12/18/2013 01:42 AM, sacredlove said:
A sweet chapter dipped in chocolaty romance...just loved it. So glad that finally Dan and Jae made love; that scene was actually amazing. Their kisses, touches and little moments together were highlights of the chapter. I so love seeing them together. I hope they always remain together. I was happy not to see Jaeshun in this chapter.

 

I really like Dan. He's patient, funny, romantic, caring...all the ingredients of a perfect boyfriend. Like your all heroes, he's also a gem.

 

Great work Sui...looking for more romance. Take care:)

Lol, chocolaty romance, yum!! Thanks, Sacred. I can see you're loving Dan...he's so awesome, isn't he! Thank you for a lovely review again. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..