Jump to content

Switching Sides

   (4 reviews)
Genres: Comedy, Paranormal

Anthology Pot Luck Theme: Turn Back Time

British born Chinese gay man Stanley Cheung wakes with somebody else's hangover.

Not only that, but he is laid out on someone’s couch in a grungy student digs where a strange woman is telling him he smells like a brewery. The thing is Stanley rarely drinks.

When the woman finally leaves, he finds out that not only has he woken as six-foot-three, ripped, blond-haired, straight Caucasian Don Bradley, but today is not Friday.

It’s Thursday.

Again.

He is reliving the same day but this time as somebody else.

Dedicated to the gay waiters who worked in the Chinese restaurant on Lisle Street behind Leicester Square. Back in the day, we’d turn up near closing time, when restaurants could still open until 2am, and have last-knockings dinner with the staff, usually being served dishes not on the menu. One of the chefs came from Malaysia and used to surprise us with his creations, while our waiter would donate his bottle of wine for us all to enjoy. Happy days.
Copyright © 2021 lomax61; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (13 members)

  • Action Packed 5
  • Addictive/Pacing 10
  • Characters 12
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 3
  • Compelling 3
  • Feel-Good 4
  • Humor 3
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 12
  • World Building 6

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Bill W

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

A charming and enthralling look at two men, one straight and the other gay, who are different in many way, yet have so much in common.  The story is a cross between Groundhog Day and Freaky Friday, as the two men get to walk in the other's shoes for a while, and not only gain a new understanding about each other, but have a chance to improve each other's life.  I truly enjoyed it, and you probably will as well.  

Response from the author:

Thank you so much for that wonderful review. I had planned to make this a series of short stories, so watch this space.

  • Love 1
Link to review
raven1

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Switching Sides is a cute story of Stanley and Don who get caught in a mixup of time and bodies.  They get a chance to go back and change both of their futures. It is a delightful romp they have of the day before.  This short story is a great read with two wonderful character that are totally unlike each other.  Lomax fills this humour short story with all the fun and love you can handle.  Great story, great author. Do yourself a favour and read this warm and wonderful fantasy frolic. 

Response from the author:

Thank you @raven1 for that lovely review. I am honestly considering making this a series of short story PROM incidents. Watch this space. And thanks for reading.

  • Love 2
Link to review
W_L

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

I enjoyed this story, it was fun to read about a body swap and a time-slip.

Stanley and Don are interesting characters, Stanley might protest at being tied down and growing old (less attractive), but there is something to be said about emotional experiences we lose out on by letting ego get in our way.

Response from the author:

Thanks @W_L, it’s so encouraging to get a recommendation from a reader which essentially signposts to others that the story is worth a look over. So I thank you so much for that.

I’m so glad you enjoyed the premise.

  • Love 3
Link to review
drsawzall

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

An incredibly well done tale and a great plot with twists and turns throughout!

A true delight to read!!

Response from the author:

Dear @drsawzall, thank you so much for that wonderful review. I really appreciate you posting this and your wonderful comments.

Brian

  • Like 2
  • Love 4
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..