Jump to content
    Mikie
  • Author
  • 113 Words
  • 1,423 Views
  • 16 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Starlight - 1. Starlight

A chill held in the air, barely a breeze.

Our song echoed along the coast softly

Playing its melody. You don’t say please

Or even ask me to dance. Loftily

You just pull me in as the music plays

It crescendos as you whisper “j’adore”

In my ear, I turn pink under your gaze

As the starlight reflects on the water

“J’taime” floats into my ear, you lean in

Close to me. My head is rested on your

Chest as we move slowly, as I listen

To the beat of your heart. Never before

Have we been this close, being far apart

Dancing always to the beat of your heart

Thanks to my beta-readers, John and Jammi. And thank you to everyone for taking the time to read this. Please take time and leave a review, it would be much appreciated. Check out the rest of the anthology too!
Copyright © 2013 Mikie; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Oh this was beautiful, you painted a touching and romantic portrait of the couple. I loved this!! :2thumbs:

Link to comment

A snippet of a moment. This is pure joy in the romantic tingle of one persons cheeky ruby red glow. A fleeting glimpse at the power of love, the joy of happiness, and the elation and being admired.

Simple words, elevated to a crescendo of emotion that makes my smile at the potential they share.

Link to comment

This is cute! I love the image of the two dancing along a beach at night. I also liked how you broke up the sentences so the reader's eyes are urged onto the next line (there was a poetry term for that that I learned.......... but i don't remember what it was called)

Link to comment

AWESOME, So powerful and gracefully written, I felt every word written hit me straight in my heart, very beautiful love poem.

Link to comment

The fact you added some French words to the poem added some musicality (since I did read them in French) I love the sweet kind of subtleness in the words. I'd love to see more from you

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..