Jump to content
    Naptowngirl
  • Author
  • 5,392 Words
  • 5,519 Views
  • 24 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Acts of Deception... - 4. Chapter 4 Something's In The Air Tonight...

Heath shares something special with Alec. True passions ignite when Heath and Alec spend a night out.

Heath's plane landed at the Chicago’s O'Hare airport at 9:30am as scheduled.

He gripped the arms of the seat tightly as the wheels touched the ground. He hated the landings. Taking off was cool, but to Heath the pilots just never seemed to get the landing smooth enough for him.

The six hour time difference and stressful situation Simon put him in with Mrs. Thomas, was starting to take its toll on him and all he wanted to do was sleep in his own bed. He yawned taking a sip of black coffee as he stared out the window feeling relieved to be back in the states.

"You're not getting soft on me, are you?” Heath pondered Bo's concerns. He didn't feel like he was getting soft. He still had his edge; he was just getting tired, and rather quickly. “All the money in the world doesn’t make you happy,” He reflected as his mind wandered. Sure he made lots of money, but he worked all the time so he never got to enjoy the fruitage of his labors nor did he have anyone to share his life with. He never got close enough to anyone.

His thoughts were interrupted by the Stewardess telling everyone it was now okay to use their cell phones and electronic devices.

He pinched the bridge of his nose trying to fight the fatigue that was settling in and pulled his cell phone from his jacket. He turned it on and yawned sleepily as he waited. After a few seconds it beeped indicating he had new voice messages waiting. He had several calls from various associates and so-called friends. There were several calls from Nina as well. He listened to the first two and rolled his eyes. He hit the delete button as soon as he heard her voice again; not bothering to hear what she had to say.

The next few messages captured his attention. They were from Alec. He released a discontented sigh; they were all the same, filled with worry and concern. He couldn’t stand it anymore and was about to delete the next message when to his surprise Alec sounded quite cheerful.

"Hey Heath, It's me again...damn I feel like a-bug-a boo." Heath could hear Alec laugh and it brought a smile to his face as he pressed the phone closer to his ear. "I heard about your grandmother, I hope she’s ok, let me know if there’s anything I can do and I do mean anything. There I go rambling." Alec laughed. “Anyway...okay bye Heath.”

He rubbed his chin narrowing his gaze at nothing in particular, tapping the phone against his temple thoughtfully.

"Hum.” He arched his brow and a devilish grin appeared as he typed out a message.

-Hey Alec, it's Heath. Sorry i didn't call u before i left, but i would like to make it up to u and take u out to dinner tonight. Will pick u up at 8 and i won’t be late.-

Heath hit send and chuckled softly as he waited. After a few moments he received a reply.

-What if I said I have plans? ;)-

“Oh Alec, trust me I know you don’t have plans.” Heath laughed to himself as he typed -Do you? - He waited for a few moments his eyes fixed on the screen. He breathed a sigh of relief as he read the message.

-LOL eight is great! I'll be ready my address is 808 Lions Head Cir. Am I being too forward if I say I missed you in a strange kind of way?-

Heath read and laughed aloud. This was fun. He chewed on the inside of his cheek as he thought about what to say next.

-Kind of... but i find u to be a strange kind of guy lol see you tonight. Would I be too forward if I said I thought about you the whole time I was away?-

He sent the message and put the phone back in his pocket. He stood up getting his carry-on from the overhead when his phone started vibrating. He pulled it out of his pocket and grimaced. "What does he want?" He took in a huge breath before answering the call. "Cannon.”

"Heath, it’s me, Simon."

"Yeah, Simon, what's up?"

"I wanted to let you know everything went perfectly with Mrs. Thomas; she was quite impressed with you. Your percentage was wired to your account today."

Heath nodded, listening to Simon going on and on. He cleared his throat before interrupting. “I trust you,” he assured him. “I was just getting off the plane, was there anything else?" He asked in a hurried tone.

"It's about Russo."

Heath's eyes widened. Now Simon had his full attention. "What about Alec, I mean Russo?"

"Well, Heath I know you don't like to hang around too long, 'in and out.' But Russo is closing on a huge business deal and I do mean huge." Heath rolled his eyes and dropped back down in his seat.

"How huge?"

"Major. It will make you a very rich man.”

“I’m already a very rich man,” Heath charged.

“Thanks to me,” Simon laughed, “Bottom line is, I need you to stick with him for another week or two. You know the legal jungle, but when we take him, I want everything." Hearing Simon speak of Alec this way made him sick to his stomach. He closed his eyes biting down on his lip so hard he almost drew blood.

"Heath, are you there?"

"Yea, I'm here, it’s cool. What’s my cut?" Heath asked taking a deep breath. He really didn’t need the money but he had to keep up appearances. Spending more time with Alec was a bonus.

"An additional fifteen percent."

"Fifteen percent, that's all?" Heath questioned playing the shrewd businessman. "If it’s a huge deal like you say I need twenty or I walk with the original deal.”

Simon was silent, and Heath refused to speak first. His offer was laid on the table and final. He heard Simon take a deep breath.

"Twenty it is. I’ll call you back with the details."

"Cool." Heath snorted humorlessly. He closed his phone, stuffed it in his coat pocket, grabbed his carry-on and exited the plane.

He managed to get a little sleep with the help of some Melatonin. He still wasn’t feeling 100% but he figured he could make it through the night. Not to mention he really wanted to see Alec. He missed him.

Heath took a calming breath and released it before ringing the doorbell. After a few seconds, he heard the voice of an angel.

“Yes?”

“It’s me, Heath.”

“I see you.” Alec chuckled. “Smile for the camera.”

“Um…Hi,” Heath waved feeling somewhat silly but accommodating Alec’s wish nonetheless. He could hear Alec laughing as he released the lock. The short buzz indicated the door was unlocked allowing him to enter. Once inside he pressed the gold Roman numeral twelve sign, and the elevator went straight to Alec’s penthouse.

Heath stepped out into the foyer and glanced around shoving his hands in his pocket giving an approving nod. Alec had great taste.

Alec’s voice filtered through the air, “Make yourself at home and make us both a drink, I’m almost ready.”

Heath stepped into the living area looking for the bar. “Sure!” He called out, “What would you like?” He asked just as he spotted the bar.

“I’m easy; I’ll have what you’re having.”

“Okay, he’ll have what I’m having,” Heath spoke to himself as he scanned the bar. “Ahh... Is beer okay?” He yelled behind him.”

“Beer is fine.” Alec’s breath tickled the back of Heath’s neck, causing him to jump. He drew his shoulders quickly turning around and was rendered speechless at the man standing before him.

“Damn,” Escaped Heath’s lips so faint that even he didn’t hear it. He was in awe, breathless, as Alec stood in front of him.

He was dressed to impress wearing a pair of black dress pants, a white custom made thin collar, Egyptian cotton shirt under a black jacket. He left a few buttons of his shirt undone, and Heath could see the soft hairs on his chest peeking through. Alec’s blond hair was styled to perfection slightly longer then Heath remembered. He had it pulled back around his ears, and his bangs lay perfectly mussed across his forehead.

“You look amazing,” Heath admired as he stepped toward Alec, closing the space between them. He inhaled deeply, the clean sexy fragrance igniting his senses. He ran his tongue slowly over his lips making them moist before placing a soft sweet kiss on Alec’s cheek. A deep yet soft moan escaped him. Alec slowly closed his eyes, enjoying the feel of Heath’s tall, lean body pressed against his own. Alec opened his eyes and the angelic smiled faded.

Heath chewed lightly on his bottom lip with both brows arched. “Are you okay?” He stepped back trying to gauge the perplexed expression on Alec’s face.

Alec glanced down to Heath's shoes scanning his attire before meeting Heath’s concern gaze.

Um... I’m… um, a bit over dressed.” He pointed to himself then nodded to Heath who was wearing a pair of D & G baggy jeans, a cashmere steel grey turtleneck sweater under a black leather biker jacket and a pair of D & G riding boots that laced up the front. “I Thought when you said you were taking me out to dinner, I guess figured we were dressing up,” Alec expressed shyly.

Heath looked down at his casual apparel then back to Alec and with a turned up sexy grin he placed his hand under Alec’s chin so he could meet his concerned gaze.

“Yeah, you’re a little overdressed. But, you look good.” Heath pulled Alec in for a quick kiss on the lips before nodded toward the direction of Alec’s bedroom. “Now go change into something more comfortable, after we eat I want to do some dancing.” He pressed his lips into a tight smile.

“Dancing?” Alec questioned with surprise. “Sounds like fun. Sit tight I’ll only be a minute.” Alec briskly walked away almost skipping.

Heath just smiled feeling like a giddy teen on a date for the first time, as he watched the handsome man disappear. He was lost in the feeling of enchantment, his heartbeat was rapid with excitement, and then reality hit him. His smile vanished; he heart almost stopped beating when he realized Alec supposed to be just a job.

Heath sighed heavily and opened his beer, taking a huge gulp swallowing hard as he dropped down on the sofa. “Shit…shit…shit,” He chanted running his fingers through his hair in sheer frustration. ‘This is crazy.’

Heath was just about to take another swig of his beer when the sound of Alec’s jovial voice pulled him from his thoughts.

“How’s this?” Alec did a pivotal turn. “Is this better?” He laughed walking toward Heath who stood up to greet him.

Heath placed his hands on both of Alec’s shoulders eying the young man nodding with approval. “Perfect.”

Alec had changed into a pair of faded jeans, a navy raw silk button down shirt which he wore un-tucked. He pulled it together with a striped scarf draped loosely around his neck and a pair of dark brown Doc Martins.

“You ready, or do you want to finish your drink before we go?” Heath asked setting his half drank bottle of beer on the coaster.

“No, actually I’m ready.” Alec rubbed his stomach. “I’m a little hungry.” He grinned looking up into Heath’s mesmerizing blue eyes. The man was indeed gorgeous.

“Okay, after you sir.” Heath motioned his hand toward the mirrored elevator. Alec walked ahead of Heath who pulled him back slightly wrapping his arms around Alec’s waist, kissing him on the back of the neck before they entered the elevator.

Once outside, Alec stood at the curb looking for Heath’s truck. “Where’s your truck? Where’d you park?” He asked standing on his tiptoes looking over the parking lot.

“Oh, I didn’t drive my truck.”

Alec started fishing for his keys. “That’s cool, I’ll drive. Follow me,” he said walking toward the resident parking garage.

“Hold on ‘Hot Shot.’” Heath grabbed Alec by his elbow. “I’m driving, just not my truck.”

“Okay, then where’s your car?”

“I don’t drive a car.” Heath smirked. Alec was puzzled for a second and then chuckled.

“Oh, I’m lost then,” He stated, looking baffled.

Heath wrapped his arms around Alec’s waist and pointed him in the direction of a Harley.

“We’re taking that,” Heath said. Alec looked around curiously.

“What? Is it behind that bike?” He questioned. Heath laughed and walked over to the Harley. He patted the seat gently.

Alec’s jaw hit the pavement and his eyes bugged out. He then started shaking his head. “Yeah.” There was silence for two beats. “See ya.” Alec did a u-turn and started walking towards resident parking. He turned to walk backwards and shouted at Heath. “So, uh, I’ll just meet you there and, uh, you know… I’ll just meet you there!”

Heath jogged to catch up with Alec and started dragging him back to the Harley. Alec just stood there with his arms crossed over his chest as Heath hopped onto the bike, kick starting it as he revered up the engine. He leaned the bike slightly in Alec’s direction while maintaining complete control.

“Come on get on,” He said holding out the helmet for Alec.

“Is it safe?” Alec asked skeptically. He hesitantly reached for the helmet placing it on his head with reservations.

“It’s the safest thing you’ll have between your legs tonight,” Heath quipped with a click of the tongue.

“Huh?” Alec replied while he held on to Heath’s shoulder tightly and climbed on behind him.

“Nothing, I said hold on.” Which Alec did, he held on for dear life. “Ugh,” Heath gasped. “Not that tight, I do need to breath.” He laughed as he slowly pulled off unaware they were being followed.

The ride was not as bad as Alec thought it would be. He actually liked it after he got used to it. One thing that spooked him was the curves, he thought Heath leaned the bike over just a tad too much and he felt as if they were going to fall over, but other than that it was fun.

Heath enjoyed having Alec so close, having Alec hold him and bury his head in Heath’s back. At one point, Heath laced his fingers with Alec’s and smiled when he felt him squeeze back tightly.

They arrived at some faraway place that looked rundown located by the waterfront of Lake Michigan. Heath turned off the motor and leaned the bike a bit allowing Alec to get off. The car following them parked back in the darkness. The driver inside lit a cigarette and lay waiting.

Alec carefully climbed off. “What is this place, Heath?” He asked in amazement as he took off his helmet looking around in awe. He had never seen anything like it. There was a wood building that looked like it should be condemned. It had smoke coming from the back that smelled of sweet hickory.

Trucks were parked in no sort of order and motorcycles lined up along the building. Alec looked out by the riverbank and noticed an old fashion phone booth, and to his surprise, someone was actually in there using the phone.

Heath glanced around proudly after taking off his helmet. He noticed the amazed look on Alec’s face and smiled softly. “Why did I bring him here?” He questioned. For some reason he knew he could trust Alec with this place.

“Heath?” Alec looked back over his shoulder. “Where are we?”

Heath got off the bike and walked to Alec. He took the helmet from Alec and locked them away.

“We…we’re in my heaven.” He smiled looking at the wood structure. “Come on.” He reached for Alec’s hand and walked him toward the building that had a flashing neon sign that read Lulu’s

Once inside the bar Alec notice an old jukebox in the corner by the fireplace and a long bar that had bowls of nuts sat about. Over to his right were four pool tables and to his left five dart boards all had people playing them, and in the middle were a few people dancing. The place reminded Alec of a dive out of the movie ‘The Hustler.’ Heath held on tightly to Alec’s hand reassuring him he was safe.

“Heath!” A loud voice came from behind the bar. Alec almost jumped when a portly older woman came running toward them. “Damn boy, where have you been?” She asked as he pulled him close to her breast giving him a bear hug. The hug was so tight it pulled Alec from Heath’s grasp.

“Hey.” Heath struggled to breath. Alec ducked his head and smiled shyly. Once she released Heath, she glared at Alec looking him up and down, sizing him up, you could say.

“And who is this fine man you have here?” She asked with both hands on her hips tapping her foot against the wooden floor.

“This.” Heath turned to Alec, placed his hand on Alec’s shoulder, and said proudly, “This is Alec.” He smiled at the woman then back to Alec. “Alec, this is Lulu.”

Alec extended his hand, but it was knocked out of the way, as Lulu pulled him in for a warm hug. She leaned back straighten Alec’s scarf and kissed him on the cheek.

“Your scarf was messed up.” She smiled as she patted Alec on the chest. Alec looked at his scarf and back to Lulu. Heath stood proudly as Lulu, one of his favorite people in the world, was meeting Alec for the first time.

“Come on, follow me.” Lulu led the boys to the table in the back next to the open door away from the smokers. She knew Heath hated cigarette smoke, but loved the smell of hickory coming from the huge pits in the back smoking the ribs and briskets.

“Here you go Heath and…Alec right?” She asked as Heath pulled Alec’s chair out for him. “Awww such a gentleman isn’t he?” Alec smiled and sat down as Heath took the chair across from him. Lulu kissed Heath on the cheek. “So Alec, you must be pretty special to Heath.” She patted Heath’s shoulder. “He’s been coming here for two years now and not once has he brought anyone.”

“Lulu!” Heath tilted his head bashfully at her admission.

“What, big bad Heath is embarrassed?” Lulu joked as she pinched his cheek.

“Yeah, ‘big bad Heath embarrassed?” Alec joined in poking fun at Heath.

“No.” He pouted seriously and laughed along with Alec and Lulu. Alec notice the sparkle in Heath’s eyes and right at that moment he knew… he knew he could fall in love with this man, that is if he hadn’t already.

“You guys sit tight I’ll get you a couple of beers and a menu for you Alec.” Lulu nodded to Alec, “Heath here knows the menu by heart.”

“Well then he can order for me.” Alec grinned up at Lulu. He sent Heath a sly wink remembering their unofficial first date at the Waffle house.

“Okay, I’ll be back with the beer and take your orders.” Lulu said as she walked away. Alec looked around taking it all in.

“Heath, I love this place.” He said reaching across the table extending his hands for Heath to take, which he did.

“I love it too.” He glanced around with a smile. “I come here to relax and get away from Corporate America; the fake pretentious people,” Heath admitted before adverting his gaze off in the distance. The sadness in his eyes didn’t go unnoticed.

“Heath?” Alec tilted his head trying to make eye contact. “Are you okay?” He asked with concern.

“Yeah.” Heath sent Alec a weak smile meeting Al concerned stare. “It’s a place where no one knows anything about me except my name.” He shrugged.

“And the fact that I’m the first person you’ve ever brought here.” Alec pointed out through a cheeky grin. “I feel special.”

"Yeah and you are the only person I’ve ever brought here,” Heath parroted. “And yes Alec.” He leaned across the table, caressing Alec’s cheek. “You are special.” Alec rested his face into the palm of Heath’s hand closing his eyes as he felt Heath’s tender kiss on his mouth.

“All right you two break it up, save that for after dinner.” Lulu laughed setting the long neck bottles of beer on the table. Alec and Heath parted both red faced. “Alright what will it be?” She asked pulling the pencil from behind her ear and a small note pad from her apron. Alec nodded for Heath to order for him.

Heath rubbed his hands together giving serious thought about what to order. He sucked on his bottom lip with one eyebrow arched staring at Alec as if the menu was printed across his forehead. Alec and Lulu waited patiently for Heath to make a decision.

“Okay!” He said rather loudly as if he was struck with a great idea. Alec giggled as he admired the man sitting across from him.

“Let’s see, we would like an order of your famous chicken fried steak.” He nodded quickly to Alec. Alec shrugged his shoulders in agreement. “With mashed potatoes, gravy and an order of your glazed carrots.”

“Excellent choice.” Lulu nodded as she wrote it down.

“And,” Heath bounced his brows teasingly. “We want your sampler platter with ribs, chicken and brisket, with a side of baked beans and coleslaw.” He grinned proudly.

“Wow, that’s a lot of food. Will we eat it all?” Alec asked scrunching up his nose in doubt. Heath cleared his voice to speak but Lulu beat him to it.

“Are you kidding me?” She laughed, “This boy eats like a horse.”

“That’s because I just love your cooking and Alec can taste all my favorites.” Heath smiled over to Alec.

“You better watch him,” Lulu directed her statement to Alec, “He’s a charmer I tell you.” She giggled walking off to turn in their order. Alec watched Lulu walk away and placed his hands on the table inviting Heath to take them into his once more.

“So I better watch you, huh?” He smiled.

“Naw, you’re safe with me,” Heath replied bringing both of Alec’s hands to his lips kissing each one. “Hey.” Heath spied out the jukebox sending Alec a mischievous grin. “Why don’t you go put on some music?” He nodded toward the jukebox reaching into his pant pockets. He handed Alec a handful of ones.

“Okay,” Alec agreed whimsically. “I’ve never used a jukebox before.” He laughed taking the money from Heath. “Anything special you want to hear?”

“No, just surprise me.”

“Okay.” Alec bounced off happily. Heath watched him walk away. He rubbed his hand down his face to his lips getting lost in thought. He started biting his nails. “Alec Russo, what are you doing to me?” He questioned himself.

He sighed taking a sip of his beer keeping his eyes trained on Alec who seemed very entertained and amused by the jukebox. Heath took a deep breath as he watched him intently. Watching the way he moved. Noticing the contentment he displayed. He felt totally comfortable with Alec which was a feeling he’d never before experienced. Comfort and contentment.

He noticed the form of Alec’s back and shoulders as he tapped his hand on the jukebox trying to decide what song to play. “How can I pull this off?” Heath took a long drink swallowing hard when reality hit him like a ton of bricks. He couldn’t. He felt the need not to hurt Alec, but protect him. The trick was doing so without alerting Simon or Alec, more importantly not getting them both killed.

“Hey Hon, go get your sweetie,” She nodded toward Alec who was dancing at the Jukebox. “Your food is coming up next,” Lulu announced breaking his concentration.

“Oh…okay.” Heath got up from the table and walked up behind Alec.

Alec was moving his body to the soulful sounds of Santana’s “Smooth” when Heath came up quietly behind him. Heath didn’t have to touch him for Alec to feel his powerful presence. Heath snaked his arms around Alec’s waist. Alec jumped from the sensation glancing back over his shoulder. Heath then used one of his hands to point at a song.

“Hey, isn’t that The Kings of Leon?” He asked as he acknowledged a song entitled ”Use somebody.”

“Yeah,” Alec replied.

“Put it on,” Heath suggested. Alec complied and the music coasted through the speakers. He bobbed his head a little, as Heath buried his head in Alec’s hair and inhaled deeply while they swayed together.

“Hey,” Heath’s voice was dark and alluring. He gave a quick nod to the table that looked like a buffet with two new bottles of beer set to the side. “Our food is ready,” he whispered in Alec’s ear. Alec loved the way his body felt when it responded to the sound of Heath’s raspy sexy voice as on demand.

Heath laced his fingers with Alec’s and pulled him over to the table.

"Wow, I don't think we can eat all of this," Alec said staring at the feast set before him. Heath smiled as he rubbed Alec's back and kissed him on the cheek.

"Well, we can try.” Heath laughed as he pulled the chair out for Alec to sit before sitting down himself.

"I don't know where to begin."

"Here try one of these they melt in your mouth." Heath pulled back the red and white checkered napkin revealing piping hot dinner rolls. He pulled one apart taking a piece for himself and handed the other half to Alec. The sparkle in Alec's eyes as he bit into the soft tender bread brought a pleasing smile to Heath’s face.

"Mmmm, these are delicious," Alec mumbled, his mouth still full, before reaching in the basket for another.

"Here try this." Heath nodded eagerly as he pulled a rib apart and handed it to Alec.

Taking two hands, he held it on both ends and bit into the middle. "Mmm Mmm Mmm." He groaned in delight before taking another bite.

Heath sat back giving a hearty laugh.

"What...what’s so funny?" Alec asked looking confused.

"You." Heath pointed to Alec's face. "You have a little uh." He used his finger making a circular motion around Alec's mouth. Alec grinned up toward Heath.

"I dare you to kiss me." He smirked.

"You dare me to kiss you? Let me get this straight.” Heath pointing his thumb back to his chest. "You dare me to kiss you?"

“Um...hum?” Alec winked still grinning from ear to ear.

"You want me to kiss you with all that sauce on your face?” Heath laughed pointing to Alec's mouth. Alec didn’t waiver. After a few beats Heath conceded and shrugged his shoulders. "Hell yes I will. Get your smoky maple barbecued hot ass over here." They both leaned into the middle of the table resting on their elbows and kissed.

"Mmm, You taste great,” Heath said licking the sauce from his lips. “Hey Lulu, you need to add some of Alec to the sauce. Fantastic!”

Alec smiled bashfully clearing his throat. He sat back and asked, "How did you find this place anyway?"

As he scooped up some mashed potatoes on his plate. Heath dug into the sampler platter piling his plate as well.

"Well, I was having a really, really bad day and just needed to get away, you know?" Heath asked licking sauce from his fingers. "Anyway, I got on my bike and went where the wind blew me and it blew me here," he said looking around.

"Hum, so it's like your sanctuary huh?” Alec nodded cutting into the chicken fried steak.

"Yeah you can say that." Heath smiled. "So tell me about Alec Russo, what makes him tick?” He raised one eyebrow and grinned devilishly.

Alec sent him a lopsided smile. “Well….”

Lulu was wiping down the counter and caught sight of Heath and Alec laughing in their own little world. She had never seen Heath look so happy, so relaxed. A man with a big belly and a scruffy beard wearing an apron walked in from the kitchen over to Lulu. She nudged him on the shoulder. "Hey Bob, look." She swung the towel in the boys’ direction. "He looks happy doesn't he?" She smile. Bob chewed on the toothpick in his mouth, glanced over and grunted something before heading back into the kitchen.

What Lulu didn't know was she wasn’t the only one observing Alec and Heath. There was someone staring from outside the window.

After they finished dinner Lulu offered some of her world famous apple pie. Alec tried to refuse, but Heath begged and Lulu strong armed him into a small piece. In the end he was glad she did; it was heaven topped off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

They finished off the night with a couple of games of pool and a few rounds of darts. The competition was fierce. Both guys were pretty good at their game.

"Wow you're pretty good," Heath complimented Alec's skill.

"Well, I used to play all the time with my brother growing up," Alec replied keeping his eyes on the target. He hung his tongue out the side of his mouth and got the bullseye in view and threw the dart.

"SHIT!" Alec hollered with laughter.

"It's just off a little." Heath laughed boisterously tilting his head to the side. "And that just means I win." He pulled Alec back into his arms. "So what does the winner get?" He grunted into Alec's ear.

"Hum, I don't know, what does the winner want?" Alec leaned his head back into Heath's chest losing himself in Heath's arms.

"You." Heath turned Alec around so he was facing him and ran the back of his hand tenderly down Alec's cheek. "I want you.” Heath let out a sexy growl leaning into Alec's neck planting tender kisses up his neck to the nape of his hairline causing Alec's body to shiver uncontrollably.

Alec moaned as he tilted the side of his face to Heath’s mouth allowing Heath to kiss him on the cheek. He turned slightly until their lips were touching, kissing soft, sweet and brief. Heath broke the kiss. His eyes were desire filled. Yeah he wanted Alec in the worst way.

"Let's get out of here, okay?" He whispered. He licked his lips still tasting Alec on them.

Alec nodded quickly as Heath led them to the bar.

"Hey Lulu, we gotta go, I need the check." He patted the top of the bar getting Lulu's attention. She handed the check to Heath as he pulled out his wallet.

"So Alec, what you think of our little place?" She asked leaning against the counter.

" I love it.” Alec glanced around then leaned into Heath's back, "I'm so happy Heath shared it with me. And the food, man, I couldn’t eat here every day, I'd get big as a house." He laughed rubbing his stomach.

Heath smiled "I'd still keep you, just more of you to love." He leaned back and kissed the top of Alec's head. He paid Lulu, left a generous tip, and gave her a big hug. "Thank you,” he whispered in her ear then kissed her on the cheek.

Lulu grabbed both their hands and placed them together, "You two take care of each other, you hear me." She looked sternly from Heath to Alec.

"Yes Ma'am." Alec smiled giving Heath's hand a firm squeeze.

Once outside Heath handed Alec his helmet, started the Harley and held it steady allowing Alec to hop on. "Ready to roll?” He yelled back to Alec.

"Yep," Alec yelled over the roaring engine as he wrapped his arms tightly around Heath's waist.

UGH...Not so tight, I do need to breath." Heath laughed as he pulled on to the street. The black car sitting by the tree turned on its lights and slowly trailed behind them.

Next up: Heath cuts his date with Alec short when he's called away on business.  Simon sets up a meeting and Nina pays Heath a suprise visit giving him "fair" warning.
And so the funs begins. Sit tight, it's going to be a bumpy ride. ;)
A/N: My Beta will be back with us on the next chapter. Super thanks to intune and Jammi for pulling the extra weight...You guys ROCK!
Copyright © 2013 Naptowngirl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 21
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I sooo don't want Heath to be a bad guy. And he obviously doesn't want to be one either, his conflict comes through loud and clear! Alex is so cute. I don't want him to get hurt. I hope Heath has a plan B in the back pocket of his sexy jeans! :P Great chapter!!!

Link to comment
On 09/26/2012 08:58 AM, K.C. said:
I sooo don't want Heath to be a bad guy. And he obviously doesn't want to be one either, his conflict comes through loud and clear! Alex is so cute. I don't want him to get hurt. I hope Heath has a plan B in the back pocket of his sexy jeans! :P Great chapter!!!
Hey KC *waves and kisses* Heath is who he is..LOL but I guess you'll have to wait and see who that person really is huh? So much happens from this point on. Don't blink you might miss something ;)

 

Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to leave a comment. You Rock!!!!

 

Kim :)

Link to comment

Now I'm really hungry! No more trips to Lulu's please! laugh.png

Me too. I want to know more about Heath. I guess I'll have to wait like everyone else. sceptic.gif

The "fruitage of his labors"? Yuk. My brain balked at that. Oh well.

 

Great stuff. Looking forward to more! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Link to comment

I agree with the sentiments of KC Grim. I don't want Heath to be a bad guy...I guess we're a bit late tho. I like this maple smoked barbecue chapter, and the fact that Heath is sinking fast, if he asn't already sunk neath the waves of LUU-UUV. I read the coming attractions and can see how the cogs might be turning in that fertile mind of yours....

I know....Same Bat channel Same Bat Time.....

 

RC

 

RC

Link to comment

Heath's inner struggle :D best part of the story lol. Okay you know i love this. Heath taking alec to the diner, cafe, do eithe rof those even work to describe this place :P restaurant maybe lol which ever the food sounds soo good my mouth was watering :) those ribs sounded delish, and chicken fried steak mmmmm enough about the food though. I gigled when Alec was over dressed lol he likes to look nice can't hate the man for that right :D I also laughed when he didn't want to get on the motorcycle lol that would so be me...i like vehicles with four wheels thanks though at the same time a man on a bike is sexy hmmmm. Okay seriously kimmikins this was a good chapter. Can'rt wait to see more of what's to come. Uh oh nina is back in the picture that can't be good lol that girl is trouble with a capital t...but i will hush :X Heath and Alec certainly got hot and heavy didn't they. LuLu is certainly impressed . :)

Link to comment

Aw man, I really don't want Heath to hurt Alec's feelings. Alec seems really carefree and trusting, he might be crushed if he finds out. I feel something bad coming along... huh.png AND who was following them in the car? I bet it was crazy-obsessive girl. Either that or maybe someone from his company keeping an eye? Can't wait to see what's next! laugh.png

Link to comment
On 09/26/2012 11:25 AM, Conner said:
Now I'm really hungry! No more trips to Lulu's please! laugh.png

Me too. I want to know more about Heath. I guess I'll have to wait like everyone else. sceptic.gif

The "fruitage of his labors"? Yuk. My brain balked at that. Oh well.

 

Great stuff. Looking forward to more! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

As I was reading this I was thinking about this place here called King Ribs...LOL

 

Thanks for sticking with the story, Conner and I promise you will find out about Heath. The story was written like an onion with layers but the real meat of who Heath and Alec really comes out in chapter 6 well more of who Alec is Heath gets his glory day a little in 5 but mostly 7 so I hope you hang with me. ;)

 

Kim

Link to comment
On 09/26/2012 12:43 PM, Swhouston44 said:
I agree with the sentiments of KC Grim. I don't want Heath to be a bad guy...I guess we're a bit late tho. I like this maple smoked barbecue chapter, and the fact that Heath is sinking fast, if he asn't already sunk neath the waves of LUU-UUV. I read the coming attractions and can see how the cogs might be turning in that fertile mind of yours....

I know....Same Bat channel Same Bat Time.....

 

RC

 

RC

RC, Heath is an interestering person. as promised we will learn more about him in the upcoming chapters who he is...really. we learn about Alec too.

and we must not forget Nina and Simon their roles pick up a bit too.

 

So glad you enjoyed the maple. smokey barbcue chapter and took the time to post a review...Love it. though you do owe us a chapter to your story eh? LOL

 

Yeppers Same Bat channel see ya.

 

Kim

Link to comment
On 09/26/2012 01:51 PM, Jammi said:
Heath's inner struggle :D best part of the story lol. Okay you know i love this. Heath taking alec to the diner, cafe, do eithe rof those even work to describe this place :P restaurant maybe lol which ever the food sounds soo good my mouth was watering :) those ribs sounded delish, and chicken fried steak mmmmm enough about the food though. I gigled when Alec was over dressed lol he likes to look nice can't hate the man for that right :D I also laughed when he didn't want to get on the motorcycle lol that would so be me...i like vehicles with four wheels thanks though at the same time a man on a bike is sexy hmmmm. Okay seriously kimmikins this was a good chapter. Can'rt wait to see more of what's to come. Uh oh nina is back in the picture that can't be good lol that girl is trouble with a capital t...but i will hush :X Heath and Alec certainly got hot and heavy didn't they. LuLu is certainly impressed . :)
Yes indeed the inner struggle can be a bitch and Heath is dealing with it or is it dealing with him. Lulu's sounds like a great place to just let your hair down and enjoy some good home cooking. speaking of...things are heating up between Alec and Heath and expect it to get hot in here..LOL

 

Thanks for all your help with this story and for posting a reveiw Jammikins :D

Link to comment
On 09/26/2012 04:19 PM, intune said:
Aw man, I really don't want Heath to hurt Alec's feelings. Alec seems really carefree and trusting, he might be crushed if he finds out. I feel something bad coming along... huh.png AND who was following them in the car? I bet it was crazy-obsessive girl. Either that or maybe someone from his company keeping an eye? Can't wait to see what's next! laugh.png
Alec is pretty cool, which Heath is fastly learning not to mention he's falling hard for the guy. We find out who was in the car in the next chapter, and oh yes my dear there are a lot of bad things in this story's future... Merci for everything intune I really appreciate it sooo much.

 

Kim :)

Link to comment

So Heath is feeling like a teen on a first date. He takes Alec to his special place. And then there's that war between his head and his heart. All signs point to only one thing: LOVE! Heath's falling.. And so is Alec. *dreamy sigh*

Though, I haven't forgotten the hurdles that you have put in the way. Who's in that sneaky car? Nina? Simon? Guess we get to know that in next chapter.

What does Alec do by the way? Or Heath for that matter? I mean apart from this side business. Let us know more about these guys soon.

A nice chapter, specially the text chat & the character Lulu. It is these little things that make the story come to life. :)

The note at the end of the chapter... *appreciative nod* ;)

Link to comment

Kim, your poetic and very savory description of Lulu's Place brought a smile to a memory in which I had an exciting and romantic dinner many years ago. The sights, smells, sounds and ambience of the place reminded me of a small seafood retaurant on the Florida gulf coast...everything was perfect back then and your words took me there again!!! smile.png Anticipation on a date probably elevates all the sesnses, but I remember being so taken with everyhing,the scene for a couple to be romantically attracted to another is very important in the history of the couple....and you have captured that time for them!!!! Also, thanks for taking me back to Appalachicola..it will always be one of my most favorite places on earthwub.png Mike

Link to comment

Shit, now I'm starving. You can definitely feel Heath's ambivalence between doing his job and his feelings for Alec, which are going to get him into trouble with his job.

 

And who is following them? That bitch Nina? Hmmm, someone who smokes, Heath hates smoke. I wonder who it is?

 

I LOVE Lulu! She's so nice! And yes, Alec must be really special to Heath if Heath brought him to Lulu's. Sounds like such a cool place. :great:

 

I just have such a bad feeling; one of them, or most likely both of them, are going to really get hurt. Mentally and/or physically.

 

Kim, you have kids! I can't believe you never heard of "Wizards of Waverly Place" on the Disney channel. Selena Gomez plays (well, played, they're not making any more episodes) Alex Russo and she's the middle child of a wizard family. Or wizarding family. I don't know what they're called. My youngest was addicted to that show, so when you mentioned Alec Russo, I immediately thought of Alex Russo, lol.

 

Great chapter Kim! Can't wait for the next one! :)

Link to comment

First of all, the text were too cute.! Made me smile. Heath's guilt is eating him alive, and putting both of them in a very dangerous position. I found it eerie that someone knew Heath's favorite place, or I guess maybe they followed them.

Alex is so shy, and that makes him even more special, and I hate to see him hurt, mentally, or physically.

You description of Lulu's and the food was excellent. I am starving now. lol

Can't wait for the next chapter to see who is trailing them, and how the night ends.

Link to comment
On 09/27/2012 05:45 AM, Lisa said:
Shit, now I'm starving. You can definitely feel Heath's ambivalence between doing his job and his feelings for Alec, which are going to get him into trouble with his job.

 

And who is following them? That bitch Nina? Hmmm, someone who smokes, Heath hates smoke. I wonder who it is?

 

I LOVE Lulu! She's so nice! And yes, Alec must be really special to Heath if Heath brought him to Lulu's. Sounds like such a cool place. :great:

 

I just have such a bad feeling; one of them, or most likely both of them, are going to really get hurt. Mentally and/or physically.

 

Kim, you have kids! I can't believe you never heard of "Wizards of Waverly Place" on the Disney channel. Selena Gomez plays (well, played, they're not making any more episodes) Alex Russo and she's the middle child of a wizard family. Or wizarding family. I don't know what they're called. My youngest was addicted to that show, so when you mentioned Alec Russo, I immediately thought of Alex Russo, lol.

 

Great chapter Kim! Can't wait for the next one! :)

Lisa I casually asked my son about 'Wizards of Weaverly Place,' and yes he's up on it...lol my 15yr old daughter wanted to know what a person on GA was doing watching kids shows..Hahaha I told her you had kids and she was like "still and she's watching a kid show?" My reply I watch 'I Carly' and loved the 'We sing in sillyville' videos. Kids.

 

Now on to the chapter. I'm getting me some ribs on Friday :D

 

You're absolutely right, Heath has a dilemma on his hands and your right again if he's not careful he could get himself killed. The action starts picking up in the next chapter and goes on till the very end so I'm hoping it will be a fun ride for you all.

 

Thanks so much for still reading and letting me know what you think of each chapter and the characters. :D

 

Kim

Link to comment
On 09/27/2012 05:27 AM, flamingo136 said:
Kim, your poetic and very savory description of Lulu's Place brought a smile to a memory in which I had an exciting and romantic dinner many years ago. The sights, smells, sounds and ambience of the place reminded me of a small seafood retaurant on the Florida gulf coast...everything was perfect back then and your words took me there again!!! smile.png Anticipation on a date probably elevates all the sesnses, but I remember being so taken with everyhing,the scene for a couple to be romantically attracted to another is very important in the history of the couple....and you have captured that time for them!!!! Also, thanks for taking me back to Appalachicola..it will always be one of my most favorite places on earthwub.png Mike
Mike, I'm glad you enjoyed Lulu's. It actually reminds me of a place I went to in Galveston TX. It was a 1st date and I was so scared I didn't want to get out of the car. I did and we had a blast!

Your compliments on my writing style always has me in 'Awe' because I really try but I have 'in my humble oppinion' have a long way to go, so you are very encouraging and I thank you. Many many thanks for letting me know you're out there, hanging with me.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the story ;)

 

Merci,

 

Kim :)

Link to comment
On 09/27/2012 05:24 AM, Krisz said:
So Heath is feeling like a teen on a first date. He takes Alec to his special place. And then there's that war between his head and his heart. All signs point to only one thing: LOVE! Heath's falling.. And so is Alec. *dreamy sigh*

Though, I haven't forgotten the hurdles that you have put in the way. Who's in that sneaky car? Nina? Simon? Guess we get to know that in next chapter.

What does Alec do by the way? Or Heath for that matter? I mean apart from this side business. Let us know more about these guys soon.

A nice chapter, specially the text chat & the character Lulu. It is these little things that make the story come to life. :)

The note at the end of the chapter... *appreciative nod* ;)

*Waves* :D Krisz, yea I think it's safe to say Heath's got a thang for Alec for sure. I kind of think he's had it along. He had 2 weeks of watching his every move so...

Actually we find out what they do in the next couple of chaters. As I mention to Conner it's like an onion with layers. Each chapter reveals something else. Like watching a movie where you go "Ohhhh"

Our boy Heath might be in over his head on this one. You know those dag on feelings getting in the way...LOL

 

Glad you're still enjoying the story. Stick with me now all you're questions will be answered very very soon. ;)

 

Danke, Kim :D

Link to comment
On 09/27/2012 07:17 AM, joann414 said:
First of all, the text were too cute.! Made me smile. Heath's guilt is eating him alive, and putting both of them in a very dangerous position. I found it eerie that someone knew Heath's favorite place, or I guess maybe they followed them.

Alex is so shy, and that makes him even more special, and I hate to see him hurt, mentally, or physically.

You description of Lulu's and the food was excellent. I am starving now. lol

Can't wait for the next chapter to see who is trailing them, and how the night ends.

Hey Joann, :D yep that guilt can be a MF' and Heath is dealing indeed or is his guilt dealing with him?

 

Alec is really really cool and very special. I know everyone is wanting to know whats going on behind the scenes and you all will soon, I promise.

Oh and no the person has been following Heath sense he left his place lurking about. you'll find out who it is in the next chapter I think if not it's in chapter 6 I can't remember being that I'm revamping a story I wrote back in 09 it can get a little confusing...but not to worry we will find out.

 

Garci, Joann, love your reviews and appreciate that you take the time to leave one. :)

 

Kim :D

Link to comment

Lol Heath has gotten himself into more than he bagained for. Naptowngirl you make reading so much fun, when i was reading this the song of adam lambert close our eyes came to my mind, this is awesome you alway keep me asking for more cant wait to read what happens next.

Link to comment
On 09/28/2012 09:25 AM, Scotty said:
Lol Heath has gotten himself into more than he bagained for. Naptowngirl you make reading so much fun, when i was reading this the song of adam lambert close our eyes came to my mind, this is awesome you alway keep me asking for more cant wait to read what happens next.
Scotty, first off, please...please call me Kim and thank you so much for reading and most off all I'm soooo glad you are enjoying the story.

 

Yeppers Heath is in pretty deep already. I listened to Never Close Our Eyes and yes the powerful beat and the words are so Heath and Alec right now. Perfect! Me keeping you wanting more is my job and I love it!

 

Merci for the awesome song pick and the review :D

 

Stay tuned my friend, ;)

 

Kim

Link to comment

So - who is this Simon person and why does he want to hurt Alec ?? Was it Nina who was observing them ??

Great chapter, Heath and Alec are falling for each other, that much I can tell :wub: I hope Heath is too much in love to hurt Alec.

/CM

Link to comment
On 02/11/2013 12:50 AM, Slytherin said:
So - who is this Simon person and why does he want to hurt Alec ?? Was it Nina who was observing them ??

Great chapter, Heath and Alec are falling for each other, that much I can tell :wub: I hope Heath is too much in love to hurt Alec.

/CM

Ah...you'll find out soon enough, my dear...;) Heath and Alec are falling and fast...CM

I'm excited because I'm re reading the chapters with ya ;)

 

Kim

Link to comment

I hope Heath likes Alec so much that he won´t want to hurt him. And anyway who is behind all this? Who wants to hurt Alec?

On to the next chapter :*)

Link to comment

Terrific chapter. Heath is in such turmoil as an innocent Alec puts all his trust in him. Taking him to Lulu's shows just how much Heath is falling.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..