Jump to content
    NFields1608
  • Author
  • 173 Words
  • 477 Views
  • 3 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Poems of Reflection - 6. Chapter 6 Deep Down

Deep down, there’s a sadness no one will ever know
There’s also frustration mixed with happiness
It’s a shame to no one will ever know the real you
It’s a shame that you don’t even know the real you
How do you figure it out? Is it even possible?

It’s shocking how similar we all are
Though it’s just as shocking
We’re completely different, so can we ever agree?
What’s to agree upon when it all ends
Sometimes in the worst possible way

Would've been better off leaving it be
But we choose to give one another the benefit
Now we try to stay out of each others’ business
Even when it means it could possibly save a life
Is this the realization we’ve been avoiding?

It’ll take more than meditating and having support
Though it’s great to have assistance
At some point you have to stand on your own
How much are you willing to go through?
To hell and back to achieve the real you?
Look deep down

Copyright © 2021 NFields1608; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 3
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

These are some very sage words. We are all alike, and we will hardly ever scratch the surface of just how much. I guess what's important is that we keep reaching out to make real, honest, truthful connections with others. The internet is no help in this, sadly, as the real them is not the one they chose to portray online. 

Thanks for posting this 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Examination; deep, thorough self-reflection, seems increasingly alien to the internet age. We are to allow ourselves to be subsumed into the ever-quickening cycles of gossip and outrage, with all our self definition conveniently pre-chosen for us. Thank you for posting this thought provoking poem. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment

Reaching out and making connections is truly a lifeline.  If only we would make the effort to try to understand and know each other...maybe then we could celebrate our differences instead of condemning each other for them.  It only takes a call, a text, an email to let someone know we care...  If only we would make the effort, the first move....

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..