Jump to content
    Philippe
  • Author
  • 118 Words
  • 428 Views
  • 2 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Philippe’s Poetry - Words of Rhythm and Rhymes Summary Poem - 5. I Hate this Town - Chapter 19, Comment Poem 2

Dr Seuss doesn’t live here, his words grew silent,

Rough are the times, no more words from this giant.

Original like no other, indeed he was,

Yet, his words and style, they do still buzz.

Gone perhaps, are the simpler times,

But who can resist, his learning rhymes.

It’s exciting to learn, timeless to recall,

Voices speak, his words taught us all.

A Rainbow of words and colors unbound,

New words learned by color and sound.

Education by phonics like Green Eggs and Ham,

What of Horton and Who, Excited I am!

Who indeed can not smile as they read or recall the magic of the whimsical author that touched so many; to:

Dr Theodor Seuss Geisel,

1904-1991, RIP.

In tribute to Dr Seuss and in humor to @weinerdog’s comment originated in Chapter 19.
Copyright © 2022 Philippe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I haven't yet read the story that inspired this little poem, but I can only bow to the genius specialized in humor that you are! Very clever how you weaved in all the Dr. Seuss references!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Laura S. Fox said:

I haven't yet read the story that inspired this little poem, but I can only bow to the genius specialized in humor that you are! Very clever how you weaved in all the Dr. Seuss references!

Thank you so much, Laura. I’m glad you found it somewhat worthy. It wasn’t so much the story itself that inspired this poem, but a comment on my earlier poem comment of that same chapter; where the comment quote, in jest, said that Dr Seuss was on GA. In humor I chose to reply and it morphed. Haha, just having fun but also a respectful tribute intended.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..