Jump to content
    quokka
  • Author
  • 1,871 Words
  • 739 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Although events mentioned in this story are actually happening, the general outline of this story is entirely fictional and created entirely by the author.
Check out the video clip of Kakadu N/P.
This story had been authorised by the management team to continue.

Disputed Sea - 4. Disp Ch 4

“The Chinese Government today formally complained to the United Nations Security Council about the disabling of three of its ships travelling north in the South China Sea between the Spratly Islands and the Paracel Islands.

It is understood, that in a space of about four hours, two destroyers and a supply ship lost most of their power, putting the ship and its crew at great risk, with just enough power to allow it to continue to the mainland at greatly reduced speed. The Chinese Government is demanding that the UN Security Council investigate the cause of these disruptions.

In a brief statement in response, the President of the UN Security Council has stated that until the Chinese Government ceases to illegally operate bases within the South China Sea, that are outside of their official territorial waters, then the UN will not investigate their claims, and warns the Chinese Government not to take the law into their own hands, in International Waters.

In other news, a Philippine Fishing Vessel reported that a nearby Chinese Military Ship had suddenly dropped speed in the South China Sea this afternoon, but their fishing vessel was not affected, nor was it the cause of the sudden speed reduction of the Chinese Military Ship.”

“Well, that is interesting, I am glad that the UN Security Council has added that bit at the end, which means the Aquaria is fairly safe from being attacked,” Joshua responded to the news briefing. We ended up having dinner in our suite that evening, mainly because we wanted to give anyone any ideas that we may be involved in what happened in the South China Sea.

Joshua had arranged for us to do a half-day 4x4 tour to Barramundi Gorge the following morning, leaving at 7 am, and returning to Jabiru at 12.45 pm, and later in the afternoon, we would be doing a 2.5-hour 4x4 tour to Ubirr Rock which overlooks the stunning Kakadu wetlands as the sun is setting to the west, so we decided to turn in early that evening.

The following day was full on, with just four hours gap between the two tours that we did, and I was so thankful that we got to experience the beautiful landscapes and historical rock art of Kakadu. Arriving back at the hotel, we were discussing whether to have dinner in the suite or the hotel restaurant, when we bumped into Xander and Langley, who had been out on an evening stroll.

“Hey guys, haven’t seen you in two days, have you been hiding in your suite attending to naughty business?” Langley asked, and both Joshua and I laughed at this comment, “Ignore him, he can get very cheeky at times,” Xander added. “Well to answer your question, not we have not been up to naughty business, we have been busy with work business yesterday and we have just returned from our second tour for the day,” I commented.

“Yes, we checked out Barramundi Gorge this morning, and Ubirr Rock just now. Both were very interesting and amazing tours,” Joshua commented. “I agree with you, we did the Ubirr Rock sunset tour yesterday, and we are doing Barramundi Gorge tomorrow morning, and we did the Jim-Jim Falls tour today,” Langley said to us. “That sounds great. This will be our last night here tonight, as we fly out in the morning,” Joshua responded.

“In that case, I would like you both to join us for dinner at the restaurant tonight, let’s say at 7.45, to give us time to tidy up a bit,” Xander suggested, and we accepted the invitation. In our suite a little while later, I asked Joshua what plans he has for us for tomorrow.

“We are flying back to Darwin, where we will quickly pack up and head to the airport, to catch a commercial flight to a remote location, where I have one more surprise for you,” Joshua said to me, and I could see that he wasn’t going to say any more about it for now, so I didn’t even try to get more out of him.

After a very enjoyable evening with Xander and Langley, we said goodnight and goodbye to them, as we retired for the night, with plans to get up for a late breakfast at 8 am, before packing and heading for the airport, where our chartered flight would be waiting for us. Once we had taken off from Jabiru, I noticed that we are heading South. “Are we going to Alice Springs?” I asked Josh, “Yep, just for the day, before flying down to Yulara, to check out Uluru, and formations down that way, and we will be staying overnight there before we fly to Perth on a Commercial flight back to Perth,” Josh announced to me.

Over the next two days, we toured around Alice Springs, checking out the Earth Wildlife Sanctuary, the Old Ghan Museum, the Royal Flying Doctor Service Museum, the numerous Art Galleries, and the Anzac Hill Lookout, which provides a wonderful view of the outback town. On flying out of Alice Springs, we flew over the West MacDonnell Ranges and Fink Gorge, as well as Uluru, before landing, which was amazing to see from the air. The following day, we did a bus tour around the base of Uluru and experienced a Camel ride, as well as a walk through the valleys.

After a short rest at our hotel, we headed out again to view the sunset around Uluru, which was totally amazing, before returning to the hotel for dinner and an early to bed, as we headed out early in the morning to check out the sunrise around Uluru, which was just as spectacular, followed by a hearty breakfast, before packing and heading to the airport for our flight home to Perth, then onwards to Geraldton. “Here, hang onto my mobile, I got to go to the loo before we board the plane,” Joshua said to me, as he handed me his phone and dashed off.

“If you gotta go, ya gotta go…” I commented to myself, as I saw my partner disappear into the Men’s bathrooms, and moments later Joshua’s phone began to ring and the caller ID was ‘Hamysh’, and I groaned as I wondered why he had his grandfather listed by his first name, before answering the call.

“Joshua Alliston is not available right now sir, how may I assist you?” I said, and I heard a chuckle from the other end of the line, “Hello Kipling, did the food not agree with him last night?” Mr Lloyd responded, “Not sure exactly sir, he just handed me the phone and dashed off in that direction,” I replied, and Mr Lloyd laughed.

“More likely that he felt that I was about to call… Now I called because I need you boys to change your flights. Cancel your flight home and book the next available flight back to Darwin, and I will see you both there,” Mr Lloyd said before ending the call, stopping me from saying anything more to him, and I groaned.

“What was that groan for?” Joshua asked me as he unexpectant appeared, and I groaned again, as I jumped in fright. “Firstly, for your grandfather ending the call without me getting a chance to respond, and secondly for you scaring the crap out of me, just now, and Joshua just laughed. “What was the message?” Joshua asked me. “Change of plans, we are heading back to Darwin, and he is meeting us there,” I replied.

After changing our flight booking, with just a small amount of refund for the change of flights at short notice, we waited for another half an hour, before we boarded a commercial flight to Darwin, via Alice Springs. When we arrived back in Darwin, we were driven to our hotel near Lee Point. Welcome back Mr Alliston and Mr Ashburton, your suite is currently occupied by the guests that you had arranged to stay here, I can put you in a suite on the next floor down if that is ok with you both?” the receptionist said on arrival.

“Bugga! I had forgotten about that,” Joshua commented, “That will be fine thank you,” I responded, and we were soon settling into our assigned suite, as Josh picked up the phone and dialled the number for the other Executive Suite. “Hello Grandfather, we are back in Darwin, but we…” Joshua started to say before holding the phone away from his ear for a moment, then hanging up the phone.

“I quickly picked up the phone and pressed redial, “Kipling here sir, we are sorry for the mix-up, we met Alexander and Langley while in Kakadu, and Joshua offered them the use of our suite since we thought we would no longer need it,” I said as soon as the call was answered, cutting Mr Lloyd off from shouting in my ear, and there was a long pause, then a sigh.

“Very well, both of you meet me in my suite in half an hour, please,” Mr Lloyd responded before once again ending the call unexpectantly. “I really hate when he does that… Meeting in 30 minutes,” I commented as I put the phone down and walked over to the lounge and sat down. “You get used to it after a while,” Joshua responded before sitting down next to me and handing me a soft drink.

When we arrived at Mr Lloyd’s suite, we sat down at the dining table, where there are two laptop computers, and the television screen was showing what looked like a live satellite feed. “Are we about to activate the project full-time?” Joshua asked his grandfather. “Yes, we are, and I wanted you two to be here to see it in full service,” Mr Lloyd replied, just as there was a knock on the door.

“I told you that I did not want to be disturbed at… Hello? Can I help you?” we heard Mr Lloyd say when he went to answer the door and both Josh and I stood up and turned towards the door, to see Alexander and Langley standing there, and we both dashed forward towards them.

“Grandfather, these are the two gents that we met at Kakadu, that we mentioned to you,” I said, and both Mr Lloyd and Joshua looked at me, then smiled, as it was the first time that I had addressed Mr Lloyd as a grandfather. “Well Kipling, you had better arrange a time to meet socially later, when we are not busy, as we have a meeting to attend too,” Mr Lloyd said to me, and I nodded my head in understanding.

“I am sorry guys, but this is a very important meeting, can we meet you later on, say after dinner in the guest lounge,” Joshua said to the two visitors, who backed away from the door and Mr Lloyd closed it, before walking back to the dining table. Josh and I looked at each other in surprise, before heading back to the dining table. “That wasn’t very nice of you to close the door on them like that,” Joshua said, and I nodded my head in agreement.

Copyright June 2023... All Rights are Reserved, Preston Wigglesworth
  • Like 8
  • Love 11
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
  • Angry 3

.

Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Somethings are about to hit the fan, not the least of which is China having a fit over what's happening to their ocean vessels, (and unbeknownst to them, their other 'systems' including aircraft, missiles, etc. being at potential risk).

There's a confrontation or a serious discussion pending between Kipling and his "grandfather" Hamysh Lloyd, over his reactions of late (lack of civility when meeting people, especially when he no doubt knows of Alexander's connection to Sebastian's Wagner Organization, and their former business / government involvements in IOT. NB 1 - 3).  Does Hamysh perceive a threat to his iron fist control over Lloyd Family Corp?

I suspect Kipling is secure enough in his direct percentage interest / ownership / shares) in Lloyd Family Corp that he can not be fired by Hamysh. 

Do Wagner's continuing 'holdings' in Australia (and region), plus the twins return to Australia after 4 years college in Switzerland, indicate possible expansion of 'family' business in the region? IOT? SCS (South China Sea) area?

Hang on.

Edited by Anton_Cloche
  • Love 3
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, JohnnyC said:

Grandfather Lloyd is Used To Getting His & Only His Way All The time , Grumpy Old Bear LoL ! 

Not for long….

  • Haha 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment

Grandfather Lloyd needs to improve his manners, he can't keep doing that to people.

I have a feeling Xander and Langley, know a lot more about this than anybody is aware of.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..