Jump to content
    quokka
  • Author
  • 1,791 Words
  • 753 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Although events mentioned in this story are actually happening, the general outline of this story is entirely fictional and created entirely by the author.
Check out the video clip of Kakadu N/P.
This story had been authorised by the management team to continue.

Disputed Sea - 5. Disp Ch 5

“We can discuss social politeness later when we are not so busy,” Mr Lloyd responded, as a voice came over the Video Link. “Aquaria to Project Team, do you copy us,” we heard the voice say and Joshua smiled. “That is Daniel, my stepfather,” Joshua said to me. “Receiving you loud and clear Aquaria, are you all set there, Daniel?” Mr Lloyd responded. “Yes sir, just waiting for your project team’s go-ahead,” Daniel replied, and I found two sets of eyes in the room looking at me.

“What? Have I done something wrong?” I asked, as Mr Lloyd and his grandson smiled, while Daniel chuckled, “That is you, Mr Ashburton,” Daniel said, as I saw Joshua and then Mr Lloyd nod their heads to confirm this, “Err, Aquaria, that is a go for Project Bermuda Triangle,” I said in a clear voice, and we watched as the satellite suddenly showed a network of sensors, along the coastlines of the Philippines, Malaysia, Brunei and Vietnam, as well as along the 15th Parallel line and across the Gulf of Thailand.

The satellite was concentrating on an area of the Spratly Islands, with seven reef islands in particular, where the Chinese Government has illegally built permanent military bases, and on the satellite screen, it showed sensors surrounding all seven of those locations. “Are those sensors affecting the operations on those bases?” I asked, “Indeed they are Kipling, and I am guessing that it will not be long before the UN Security Council will hear about it,” Mr Lloyd replied.

“Where is Aquaria now Grandfather?” Joshua asked, “Very close by, and we will be onboard her later this evening after dark, so don’t get too comfortable in the suite, and we have four Poseidon D Class Subs protecting her too,” Mr Lloyd replied, which surprised me a lot. “D Class?” I asked as I had only heard of just the Poseidon Subs, not any particular class of Submarine.

“D Class means Defence, while R Class is Research,” Joshua explained to me. “Oh, I see, so they are like any of the nation's Naval Subs, armed with torpedoes, rockets and missiles?” I asked, “No, not quite as much weaponry as that, just small torpedoes plus our secret weapon, which we are using on the Chinese as we speak,” Joshua replied. “We now have a total of 12 D Class and 48 R Class Poseidon Subs, as well as the Aquaria and the Oceania, and a new sub is about to be commissioned soon,” Mr Lloyd informed me.

“That is a heck of a lot of submarines for a private Corporation to have” I stated, “Yes, possibly so, but I want the larger submarines to be protected at all times, so that is why we have an increased number of D Class Poseidons that are active. “How big is this newest Sub, Grandfather?” Joshua asked.

“While the Poseidon class submarines are 202 metres long, 42 metres wide and have 3 decks, this new Sub, named Zeus, is 248 metres long, is 4 metres wider and it has 4 decks in total, but it has no weaponry at all, and is mostly to be used as a survey vessel for the family.” Mr Lloyd informed us both. “So, will we be here in the region for a long time, monitoring what the reaction of China will be and responding appropriately?” I asked.

“No, I have other major projects currently happening, that will be benefitting the regions, loosely attached to what we have done with securing better safety in the region… In the towns of Quy Nhon in Vietnam, Cchek Kep Bay in Cambodia, Bang Nak in Thailand, Baucau and Lautum in Timor – Leste, Su’ao in Taiwan, plus Mamburao and Berong in the Philippines, we have built several large buildings, at each of the eight locations, the first is a three-level community centre, that has meeting rooms, a large community hall and community kitchen, a library, and a six classroom school, with staff facilities included.

The second building, is a four-level apartment building, with an entry foyer, social and recreation .lounges, and gymnasium on the ground floor, with six - 3 bedroom family apartments, eight -2 bedroom apartments, and ten single apartments on all other levels. The third and final building is a four-level industry building, that provides space for community groups on the ground and first floor, while the top two floors have clothing manufacturing space.

All of this is to provide a better living for 24 families and single people, who would be working in the manufacturing centre. All the buildings have been constructed to withstand cyclones, earthquakes and floors, with solar and wind power generators and freshwater tanks located on each building to make them as self-sufficient as possible, especially when it comes to natural disasters, they are all fully airconditioned and have the newest facilities available to the staff and residents there.

All the buildings are owned in partnership with the local community owning 25%, as well as Alliston Investments that owns 40% and newly established Silver Cloud Projects Co which owns the remaining 35%, with the Silver Cloud Projects Co-owning 80% and the community owning 20% of the Clothing Manufacturing Business.

The community groups don’t need to pay anything for the use of the community facilities, and residents who work in the clothing manufacturing business only pay a minimal subsidised amount of rent and don’t pay for power usage at all. The manufacturing staff work a 9 ½ hour work day, which includes a one-hour lunch break and fifteen-minute break in the morning and afternoon, and they get a much higher than average wage per day, which usually on average is between $6 to $12 US per day, but Silver Cloud Projects Co or SCPC is paying $26 US per day.

Silver Cloud is also investing in improving farming in the districts, encouraging the production of cotton to supply the manufacturing centre, where cotton production has also increased in Burma, Indonesia, Philippines and Australia to allow for a continual supply for the SCPC manufacturing centuries, which are just starting to provide major brand stores in Australia, as well as stores throughout South East Asia, with good quality clothing, which in return reduces the need to rely on clothing coming from China.

This is why we have the new submarine – Zeus, which will go and visit the areas where SCPC operates, to make sure that everything is operating as it should be for the benefit of the community with no outside interference,” Mr Lloyd informed us both.

“Won’t this have an effect on other industries that China has a major monopoly on?” Joshua asked, “It may have in the short term, but I think after they attempt to put pressure on Australia to stop publicly criticising China on many issues, by stopping exports out of China, only caused more difficulties for the Chinese people, that we will see them trying to try and take over control of the region, especially now with their military bases below the 15th Parallel now disabled,” Mr Lloyd said in response.

About two hours later, we took a break from discussions as well as monitoring the situation around the Spratley Islands, and Joshua and I headed downstairs to the public lounge where we hoped to and did bump into our friends. “We are sorry for earlier, we did have a very important meeting to attend and we still haven’t finished yet,” Joshua explained to Alexander and Kipling.

“Sounds a bit like us in a way,” Alexander stated, “Oh, you are in the business of property investments and such are you?” Joshua asked, and both of our friends laughed, “Way more than that, my cousin has done very well in business and because of my late father, our family has been spending a lot more time in Western Australia lately,” Xander responded, just as a news broadcast came on on a television in the corner of the room, and someone had increased the volume of the television.

“…News just in hand, the Chinese Ambassador in Australia, has issued the Australian government with a warning, to stop the rogue corporation that is operating under the disguise of research, which they claim is causing electronic interference with operations on their bases in the South China Sea, and he has stated that he has submitted to Interpol, a request for the immediate arrest of the corporation’s management, so they can be sent to China to face trial for espionage.

The ambassador has also stated that the Chinese government is sending a full fleet of defence ships to destroy the cause of the interference and to protect its current bases in the Spratley Islands region… More news at the top of the hour,” the news broadcast said, as we heard chatter amongst the hotel patrons in the room, and moments later we saw Grandfather walking briskly towards us.

“Time to go, get packed, we are leaving on a chartered flight right away for all of our protection. The Aquaria is leaving the area as we speak as are all of the Poseiden R Class Subs,” Mr Lloyd said to us, as we stood there stunned, “Hello Mr Lloyd, we have not been formally introduced, my name is Alexander Devonport, 1st cousin to Mr Sebastian Wagner of Wagner Corp in Switzerland,” Xander said as he held out his hand.

“I am sorry but I do hot have time for this… boys we must get moving,” Mr Lloyd said ignoring Xander. “Grandfather… Sir, you will speak to Alexander, and do it very nicely, or we are not going anywhere with you. Do you understand me,” I said to Mr Lloyd, as I stepped up close to him, and there was a long period of silence, as I watched his expression change a few times, and Joshua was soon at my side and gripped hold of my hand for support on my standing.

“Do you agree with this Joshua?” Mr Lloyd asked eventually, after getting over the shock of being spoken to the way that I had just now, and Joshua smiled and nodded his head yes, before grandfather looked over to Alexander, “I am sorry, I am just a bit protective of my family, and that does include my grandson’s very brave partner,” he said to Alexander, before shaking his hand, as Joshua and I stepped back to allow this to happen. “Sir, I have a large yacht located in Exmouth and also a private jet that is ready to leave at short notice to take us there, and I can guarantee you and your family's safety once there,” Xander said to Mr Lloyd, who suddenly stumbled and fell to the floor.

Copyright June 2023... All Rights are Reserved, Preston Wigglesworth
  • Like 7
  • Love 10
  • Wow 7

.

Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Absolutely Crazy Cool Chapter . After Kip Corrects Grandfather Lloyd In Front Of Their Guests, He Either Suffers a Stroke , Heart Attack or Epileptic Seizure 😳

  • Like 2
  • Wow 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment

The issue with the grandfather could be stress related but I would not rule out subterfuge....

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..