Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 4,176 Words
  • 2,637 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Blueblood 5: Exposed The Secrets about V5H Revealed - 28. The Wedding: Part Two

I will check again for errors, but...I work twelve hours a day. "The show must go on!"

Never far from my thoughts or heart, Daniel. I love you.

The Wedding, Part 2

 

 

The advantage of the vampires’ ability to hear had its downside; because as the morning began for us, someone dropped something outside with a bang, waking me up. The house was pretty sound proof for the most part, but I heard it. Rolling away a little from Colin, I hoped that was a clumsy bang and no one was hurt. From the warmth and comfort of the bed, I felt Colin’s protective hold on me tighten as it normally did when he woke up. I pulled his arm even tighter around me. Then I heard a raised voice that sounded annoyed, not hurt or frightened.

“What was that?” Colin asked groggily having heard it, too.

I shrugged. “Someone who did something they didn’t mean to, I guess.” I loved that Colin’s first instinct was to keep me secured to him. I turned around I kissed him gently. “My husband.”

Colin nodded with a smile and light chuckle. “Yes, I am.” His arms coming around me the way it was supposed to go. “You’re my husband.” He chuckled as he kissed me more deeply.

Morning love, afternoon love, evening love…it was all love. It was always good.

 

Getting up and showered, of course, together…it was about ten on this special morning when we came downstairs.

“…unbelievable!” We heard a woman’s voice say with that distinct British accent.

“Yes, Colin and Devon are living pretty well.” Edwin’s voice said to Dr. Hathaway.

They had left the big round foyer with its marble mosaic floor that seemed to spiral out from the center with the table in the center with the large vase with the flowers, now even more fragrant with roses of red and white. The grand chandelier dangling high about a story and a half up. All the glass windows allowed the sunlight in making the crystals sparkle like diamonds. They were at the intersection of hallways as Dr. Hathaway had finished the slow spinning turn trying to see it all.

Reaching the foyer, we came into the hallway.

“Enough with house-envy!” I groused to Edwin.

Edwin smiled. “It’s not envy, it’s appreciation!” He justified.

We saw our three friends at the intersection. “Colin had it bad at Thornwood!” I said.

Matt looked up and smiled grandly. “Devon! Colin! Hello!” Matt was right beside him. They were still dressed as they had traveled in and was casual. “Hi!”

Colin ducked his head slightly as we got a little closer. “Well, now it’s not so much since we invested in Thornwood.” He grinned hugging Edwin. “It’s partly mine now. I can’t envy what I own part of. Hello, my friends.”

Greeting each of them we went in search of Colin’s coffee. I guess I’d get mine while we got his. What I noticed were the many more people here. Not family, but staff! What was noticeable to me were the uniforms. We didn’t ask people that worked here to wear those normally. Now there were ladies in those black dresses with the white aprons, men in the black pants and white shirts with the black vests. It was noticeable! Entering the formal dining room, we were greeted by Wayne, Amasis, Kev, Ellis, Sean, and Katy. Kelly, having finished her breakfast, was kissing her mother on the cheek for something.

“Remember, the wedding is at 3 pm.” Katy reminded her firmly. “Swim for a few hours after your breakfast settles, but you need to back, dressed by 2 pm.”

Kelly was now a little older, but still a little girl in many ways. She was growing into a beautiful young woman as her long dark hair cascaded down past her shoulders. She stopped by Wayne and wrapped her arms around his neck from behind as he ate, hugging and kissing his cheek and then did the same with Amasis. “I wouldn’t miss this! I’ll be on time, Mom.” She said and kissed her father before heading off.

“Remember the time difference!” Sean shouted before Kelly was gone. He brightened seeing us. “She’s going swimming!” He chuckled. “She still functioning on time back home. She was awake at four this morning!”

Colin smiled as he and I watched Kelly head for the door to go back to the house that they were staying in.

“To be young!” Ellis smiled. “I could do with a little dip meself, I could.”

I chuckled as with Ellis, when he was excited or just happy, his Cockney was more pronounced, but he was always exuberant. “I see the British Empire is well represented here.” I grinned as I sat down. “And I hear it.”

Kev nodded with a smile. “Except for Amasis and Ellis, I don’t hear anything except from you two right now.”

Dr. Hathaway was still looking at the house’s interior but walked in further. “This is a just lovely home, Colin.” She said coming to the table as Matt held her chair for her. “I look forward to seeing more of it.”

Colin grinned as he waggled his eyebrows at me with the “told ya” look. “All the bedrooms are occupied right now. If you stay tonight after the wedding, you are more than welcome to stay in one. You can help yourself now to the house, nothing’s off limits or secured.” He went to the silver serving containers that had been set up so our guests could choose what and how much. The...not big flames, but under them to keep what they contained warm. “Or, you can come back and stay as long as you like.”

“...doesn’t matter.” Robert, our houseman was saying to someone behind him as he came in the dining room from the kitchen. He looked up, seeing us and smiled...sort of. “Good morning.” He said a little glum. I knew it was because of how he was dressed.

I looked at our friend. Yes, he was in charge of most everything in the manor...more than a butler and kept everything organized. We never had him wear anything that said what he did here. He never wore jeans to work, but today...he wore a black suit! Not a tuxedo, but a well-tailored solid black suit. I mean, not just black pants and vest, but the jacket, red tie and even that red handkerchief thingy that was stuck in the breast pocket that matched his red tie. He was followed by Bertie, our chef. She was also not dressed as usual in clothes she wore to work normally. She had on the blazingly white chef’s coat with her name stitched on the front left breast side. That said she was a chef and the hat that said so as well. I couldn’t help it, I let out a wolf whistle. I grinned at them. “I don’t know, Colin, maybe we should have them wear uniforms! Very nice, Robert, Bertie!”

Robert was blonde, remember? People with fair complexions did not hide much as he blushed. “Aw, come on guys...”

Colin shook his head. “Absolutely not, Devon.” He said in all seriousness. “I can’t have them walking around like that.” Then he grinned at me. “I’d lose you.”

I didn’t miss a beat. “Nah,” I waved at Robert and Bertie, “they’re good-looking but he’s blond and Bertie’s married.”

Bertie chuckled and hit Robert lightly. “It’s a special occasion, Robert. We can do it for the weekend.” She smiled brightly at us. “Coffee is ready and waiting, Mr. Colin.”

“Bless you, Bertie,” Colin said appreciatively and bowed slightly.

She nodded and turned to go get it, but looked back at me. “I have shrimp and grits!” She waved chuckling at one of the covered silver servers but looked at me knowing I didn’t eat grits.

I growled a little.

“It is a combination of Southern style and Cajun. Spicy but not too spicy.” She said, not worried at all about my reaction. She knew I didn’t like them and had said that on purpose. “There is the applewood bacon and eggs. Pancakes and waffles, if you want.” She turned to head back in the kitchen. “Your coffee is on the way, Mr. Colin.” She knew who the priority was.

Coffee consumed along with breakfast and now things were going to get even more…not chaotic, but intense.

 

Amir and Shelly arrived with Chuck and Amanda. There was again the reaction to the house by Amanda and turn in the hallway.

There was a more concentrated purpose the closer we got to the time. The part of most weddings was to separate the bride and groom before the wedding. There was no bride and every one of our friends had lived together a while. There was no point. That was another something, not a tradition. What we were to each wear was uncovered and ready. All of the grooms were dressing in Colin’s and my room. Ellis and Kev hadn’t seen it. Then again, neither had most of the others, but it was Ellis that finally said something after gawking a few seconds.

“Cor blimey.” He managed quietly as he looked at our spacious room. He looked at our bed and grinned. He thumbed toward the bed. “I know that’s for more than a lit’l Bo Peep!” He winked at me.

Mark waved his hand at Ellis. “There he goes again!” But he smiled at Ellis and did the quick head shake. It was becoming a thing between those two. “What!?”

“Bo Peep!” Ellis replied simply. “Sleep!”

Mark shook his head. “Well, just say that!”

Ellis again wasn’t bothered or offended. He liked this game. “Why?” Then his eyes widened. “Ooo, Mickey Bliss!”

I chuckled. I had heard that enough on the shows I watched. “The loo’s that way!” I pointed at the door and Ellis raced off.

Kev laughed. “I suppose he’s a little nervous.”

“What!?” Mark said again. “Mickey Bliss?”

“Piss, Mark. He needed to piss.” I explained.

“What happened to, I’ve got to go to the bathroom, or I need to take a leak even?” Mark asked. "Drain the snake even."

I laughed. “It’s more…colorful.”

“Come on.” Colin laughed as well and waved at where Ellis had gone. “He’s funny!”

 

We all dressed. Except for Ellis and Kev, we had taken communal baths in Amasis’ city, remember? No secrets here. Some of the guys were too anxious to sit. Mark sat with his pants off so he wouldn’t wrinkle them. Stan sat beside him. Ellis did have to take a few bathroom breaks. Even a vampire can be nervous apparently. I looked out of our window where we could see where the weddings were going to happen as our guests were being served drinks and small things to eat if they wanted. It was on our back lawn between the pool and great oaks that would allow some shade. Mom and Gabriella had thought of everything. The servers weren’t dressed as waiters but had English barmaids and tavern workers were serving. Then I noticed men and women dressed as Egyptians in those short, but white linen wrapped dresses and black hair done in the Egyptian style. The men in those short white kilts and small blue headdress. It was warm out, so they at least would be comfortable. There was one aisle with the chairs covered in blue coverings instead of white. The center carpet runner up the grass in the center up to a semi-circular platform covered in a blue carpet and adorned with a hanging American flag, the flag of Great Britain, Romania and a statue of Amun-Ra! Over the head of Amun-Ra, below the other three flags was another flag below the other flags were the six colors in stripes, red, orange, yellow, green, indigo and violet. There were even two large standing Egyptian brass lamps, very wide and standing on the ends of the platform with those wide bowl shape to light the area at dark. Now, they were there instead of the candles that would have been there if there wasn’t the breeze and this was a more traditional wedding. There were even the thinner taller ones at the beginning of the aisles. There were tall free-standing Greco-Roman columns...a continuation of the columns at the end of the pool that was holding nothing up which had ribbons of blue draped. However, I knew the columns around the seating for guests were really speakers.

Colin was finishing getting dressed. I know, you’ve heard me say it. He was just...beautiful! I knew what was meant when people say their breath was taken away. I gasped as I had actually forgotten to breathe. The black pants and that white shirt, that black hair groomed and curling a little telling me it was time for a haircut, but not yet. Damn, he looked good. His emerald colored eyes came up as he tried to put on with his cufflink with his left hand. His warm smile lit his whole face as he looked at me. He took the cufflink and held it out to me. “Help me?”

“Always,” I said to him coming over. I took the cufflink. “Anytime.”

Colin leaned closer, kissing me gently. “I love you.”

My response was to kiss back with a much feeling as I could. “I love you.”

 

As we dressed, all the white tuxes went on and we dealt with issues. We were the Best Men. Including Ellis’ inability to put his bowtie on. Kev was putting his shoes on, so I helped him.

         

Vlad was putting on his orange cummerbund. “Why these colors?”

Colin looked up. “These colors are on the flag for us.”

Gaius frowned. “Us? Not as vampires?”

“No, as human beings that are in relationships with the same gender,” I answered.

Vlad’s eyes widened. “We have a flag!? We are a nation?”

I gave a shrugging nod. “We are united, yes. Composed of many nations.”

Stan nodded. “We fought hard to be seen as just a part of human nature. We are not deviants or odd.”

“No matter the country or religion,” Mark added as he smoothed his shirt down that was already pressed, “we are in every one. We are united that way. It is gay pride.”

Gaius frowned. “We just are.” He reasoned. “We are proud to love men!?”

Colin came over putting an arm on Gaius. “Yes, we are.” He sighed. “I think to say unashamedly is better. We number in the hundreds of millions worldwide. No pride, but also…no shame.”

For some here, they knew repression. That was why they had been hesitant to “come out.” They all felt it, except Amasis who as a god, no one would tell him who he loved or what he did was wrong.

 

I saw George looking a little…uncertain. I went to my redhaired friend. “Is there a problem, George?” I was his...and all of their best man. So, was Colin.

I did it again. I interrupted that train of thought he had going and he looked at me with blank eyes. “What?” Then he understood. “Oh, no…no problem.”

I put my arm around his shoulders. “That’s not what your face says.”

“I’m really doing this.” George confessed not really as a question…more of an affirmation.

“Marrying? Sure. Is it right?” I asked worried he might be having doubts. “You love John.”

George nodded instantly. “Very much.” He smiled. “I never imagined loving another human being as much.” Now he looked puzzled again. “I just don’t want to mess up.” He confessed again. “I get so…caught up, I forget things…I don’t want to make John feel like he’s second in anything. I want him to know he’s not!”

I smiled at George. “I think John worked through a lot of that.” I squeezed him gently. “John knows you do that. You’ve been good at keeping him close and knowing to look up from the microscope occasionally. John won’t let you go.” I grinned. “He knows you love him, but that you’re worried about you might…tells me you won’t forget.”

“Okay, gentlemen.” Chuck’s voice suddenly from the door as he came in. “Devon, your mother says it’s almost time. You need to be downstairs.” He looked around at the men in the room and his eyebrows rose slightly. “Wow. You guys almost wish I were gay, or bisexual.”

Wayne smiled waving at Chuck and looked at Gaius and Vlad. “See!? It’s not odd at all!”

I glanced over at Mark who was walking toward the door. “Put the pants on, Mark.” He looked down at himself and nodded, going to put them on.

Stan put a hand on Mark as Mark fastened the pants. “Come on. Time to make honest men out of all of us.”

Mark grinned leaning in kissing Stan. “Sure, but I’m marrying you.”

Going down the stairs to the foyer, people were pretty much outside getting to their seats. The downstairs was pretty empty now. We gathered at the rear door as our guests were sitting as a lady with a harp was played.

At last...and I swear, there was a loud and long “bong” sound. Big Ben? I’d been to London and I knew that unique sound. The second bong, and then the third.

Gabriella waved at Amir and Nicolae. “Now.”

We watched as Amir and Nicolae dressed in black versions of the grooms’ white tuxedos, as they walked silently up the aisle and onto the platform carrying large polished wooden boxes about the size of shoeboxes. There short pedestal stands that were in the semi-circular pattern, the rounded end near our guests. On those pedestals were pillows of blue. They opened the boxes and placed a smaller box on each one. And then stood to the side and waited on opposite ends of the platform.

“All rise!” A man called from the side and all our guests rose to their feet.

Then we heard the beginning of the My Country Tis of Thee that only lasted a few seconds or a minute, maybe. Then again it could have been God Save the Queen because the next song began I didn’t know that well, but I heard it once, in Romania. Wake up Romanian. To my surprise, another song began I had no idea what it was. Egypt’s national anthem? Those songs morphed into a grand fanfare fit for royalty to proceed in. I would come to find out they were royal processions from two of the countries, Great Brittan and Romania. I wondered where Gabriella or Mom found them. They were recordings, that’s why the speakers were there.

“Colin and Devon,” Gabriella said in a whispering hiss. “Go.”

Colin grinned at me reaching his hand out taking mine. “Let’s go.”

Going at a comfortable pace we went to the platform where we parted, me going to stand by Nicolae and Colin by Amir. Stan and Mark were next to come to a stand in the center before the center pedestal then turned to see the others come up. Then Gaius and Vlad came next moving toward Nicolae and me but stood before another pedestal. Then Amasis and Wayne came up and moved toward Colin and Amir to stand before the next pedestal. Kev and Ellis were next and moved to stand before another pedestal near me and Nicolae. George and John came and did the same to stand before a pedestal near Colin and Amir.

The officiator came up to stand on the platform on a raised portion for him to be seen. He was a dark-haired man in his mid-forties dressed in a black judge’s robe. He was not a preacher or religious leader, but a judge that could legally perform weddings. All the grooms turned to face him. The judge smiled at everyone on the platform and our guests sat. “I have got to say…this is the most…different approach I’ve ever seen when performing a wedding. Then again, as a judge, I do trial law mostly, I’ve only done a few weddings.” He shook his head. “Five couples from different cultures and countries, all joining their soul with another they found love with.” He smiled again looking in the faces of the grooms. He turned back to look up at the flags. “I find it appropriate that these flags are displayed.” He turned back to the grooms and guests. “The colors on each of you. For even with the many countries from which these men came from, there is one thing they have in common. They have each found a soul that they want to spend their lives with. They have discovered...love. Someone to spend their lives with and know their secrets. They have also decided they would publicly share this joining with you...family and friends unashamed.” The judge chuckled. “So, this will also be a slight change as they will all take the vows at the same time.” He held up a hand. “Understand, it would take a long time to get to each one.” There were the chuckle and laughter from our many guests. “I do not really know these men. I certainly know Colin Wentworth and Devon Wentworth, not because we’ve had dealings with each other, but by reputation. They are sort of...celebrities if you will. They stood before the world and told everyone they were getting married. That was a few years ago. Now, I see them together and it’s evident. I’m a judge! I know evidence when I see it. Those two men love each other. Spend five minutes with the two of them and it is plain to see. Now, they have brought ten men...five couples that want love as they have. I can say that is also evident.” He smiled again. “Now, it was given to me to make this legal. So, I must ask. Does anyone have an objection for any of these men to wed the person they have chosen?” He looked about the crowd and waited a second. The only sound was the wind in the trees and a few birds. “Then, I will ask you each take the hand and face that one person you wish to have in your life.” Each of our couples up there did as instructed. “Do you, take this one soul, this one person to be joined in your life as your partner, your friend, and confidante? Do you take this one person to be their friend, partner, and confidante?”

All our friends were looking into the others’ eyes and said. “I do.”

“Will you stand fast beside this person? To promise to be there in those many good times and sometimes bad times, whether they are healthy or sick? Whether it be a life of wealth or poverty? Will you promise that this one person will be that one person and that you will not stray from this person emotionally in any fashion from this moment until death takes them or takes you away?”

“I do.” They all said.

“Before each of you is a box containing rings.” The judge motioned to the many boxes on the pedestals. “This ring you place on the finger of the other one you’ve chosen to spend your life with is more than just a claim. You are not just marking that other person as yours for the rest of your life. It is a symbol of the bond you forge at this moment. It will tell the world that this person belongs to you. It is also the symbol for the very emotion you have for this person. The ring, like this emotion, has no beginning and no end. As you place that symbol on the hand of this one soul, you will say, I take you as my husband from this moment forward for the rest of my life.”

I watched our friends take the rings. I saw them smile at the other, I saw happy tears in many eyes...not just up here, but on the faces of some of our guests, too.

“I take you as my husband from this moment forward for the rest of my life.” The many voices, many accents, but all heartfelt and said.

“I will now pronounce you, by the government of this land, by the power I have…I pronounce that you are all...married!” He looked at them all. “Kiss your husbands, gentlemen!”

I watched as each couple, some tears wiped and chuckles, but they lean into each other kissing the other person that meant so much to them. Our many guests were instantly standing and cheering, applauding and the music again began. The Wedding March! That was a tradition as all the guys were reluctantly letting the other go. I really wanted Colin now. Looking over at him, I saw he was looking at me the same way. He mouthed to me, as even with vampire hearing I wouldn’t hear him. I love you. I saw and nodded mouthing back, I know. I love you. Colin smiled and mouthed. I know.

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
  • Love 21
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Kev

Posted (edited)

I enjoyed the wedding on Saturday, but I must admit that I would have loved to have been at this one. Excellent chapter my friend. Can't hink of much else to say except that I would have loved Mark to have ended up downstairs before anyone noticed the trousers were missing.

 

12 hours again ... you my friend are working too hard!!! Take care. :heart:

Edited by Kev
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

So Holmes Labs should set up a new division for Devon to head: matchmaking. For single people who don’t work for VUN or Holmes Labs. Just to formalize what he’s already doing.  ;–)

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Kev said:

 

12 hours again ... you my friend are working too hard!!!

Yes, I am.  Believe me, I don't want to, but there is really no choice.  We can't seem to employ people that will come to work.  I've gotten used to it.  We hire, and I wait for two weeks to even know their name.  Lazy good for nothing kids.  It used to be "trust no one over thirty."  Now, I don't trust anyone under thirty.  My writing keeps me sane.  Sort of.  I never claimed to be too sane in the first place.  I love you, too!  :hug:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Another great chapter in the continuing story of the Wentworth men and their extended family of the people who they helped regaining the humanity they had lost. I'm glad that they're getting married and they all chose Colin and Devon to be their best men. It seems like the weddings always take place at Wentworth Manor which is great because it shows that the love is there on both sides. I hope that Chuck and Amanda are next in line for a wedding and it'll be at Wentworth Manor as well. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..