Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 2,531 Words
  • 2,246 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Blueblood 5: Exposed The Secrets about V5H Revealed - 29. He's Gone

Sorry everyone, but work has been a real pain in the ass!! No days off, twelve hour shifts until we get someone to help. I still have a ways to go with this story, but...

Still with me, Daniel. I feel it. If you can put in a good word up there to send us help? Thanks. I love you, Baby.

The Wedding, Part 3

 

 

The Wedding March was playing grandly as Mark and Stan headed down the aisle as a married couple and so forth as they’d come up, they were proceeding down. At last, I came to Colin who leaned in quickly, kissing me. We walked down, too.

I saw the many other guests that had shown up like Mitch McKenzie and his cousin David McKenzie and David’s husband Sasha. Congresswoman Chance and her husband were there. There were others I didn’t know but would probably be friends of one of the others at the wedding.

Then came the dreaded moment with every wedding. The pictures. Pictures with all of us. Pictures with each couple and the judge. The judge, couples with Colin and me. Pictures with individual couples and their children and family. Amasis and Wayne had the most with Amir, Katy, Sean, and the grandchildren. Then again, we were all family. Mark and Stan had their pictures taken with each of their parents and siblings. Mark’s parents were very happy as was Marvin. Doris was still…well, she was just a little overwhelmed with all of it. Cindy was quiet but seemed fine with her brother’s situation. Even happy that she was getting attention from Rica. Rica was a very handsome young man. Stan’s mother was dressed well, but not fancy. Her reaction to Vlad and Gaius was surprise that she held back. Wayne and Amasis was also surprised which she tried to hide.

Mom came over as Colin and I wasn’t needed. “What did you think?”

I smiled at her shaking my head. “Unbelievable! You and Gabriella put together the best weddings!”

Mom smiled at the praise. “Of course.” She said simply. “If someone means something you want it to be unbelievable.” She looked at the family members were gathering and talking before going to the reception. “They all mean a lot to everyone.”

“The music!” I said in amazement. “How did you come up with that?”

Mom chuckled. “Believe me, that was not too hard, but…” she held her finger up, “I searched for all kinds of music. The only thing I was sure of was the countries they came from. England was easy, the United States was simple, Romania...well...there isn’t a lot of music for Wallachia and I had no idea what music from Egypt would have been two thousand years ago...I just...chose the anthems.” She said simply.

I nodded. “It was great! And was that Big Ben?”

Mom chuckled. “Yes, it was.”

Colin came walking over to stand next to me. “I know…” he muttered, “capturing memories and all that is important, but I’m hungry.”

“You ate four hours ago,” I said concerned knowing how it could affect him.

“Four hours ago!” Colin nodded pointing that out and grinned. “I’m fine.” He assured slipping an arm around me and kissing me gently. “All the food going past just was enticing me.”

I hugged him slightly. “We’ll have to do something about that.”

 

 

The reception was housed in the ballroom, but even the ballroom as big as it was couldn’t contain everyone to just stand around and eat. There was a live band in one corner, but there was a large portion of the ballroom cleared as all the grooms stood with their spouses. Another tradition that was kept, was the first dance being the ones that married.

Glancing around the ballroom, I saw that both Mom and Gabriella hadn’t skimped on decorations. The decorations were…elegantly masculine! There was the large head of the pharaoh on display to one side, below were the tables where the food was going to be served. The swords and shields were also around on the walls. There were the suits of armor that differed in style and I knew to be from different times and also different European kingdoms both Western and Eastern. There was also two Buckingham Palace Guards with the tall black hats and red coats at the entrance of the ballroom near the wide door that led to the house’s interior. Standing like statues as normal for them. It was only as I got closer did I realize they were statues. It was warm in this part of the world and it would have been cruel to have anyone wear that and stay cool. There were two male Egyptians in white kilts on either side of a large gong with the arms folded over their bare chests. There were people dressed as Egyptians in those white linen dresses and kilts that served along those dressed like English Tavern workers. The Wedding Waltz began with the live band, elegant and not quite pompous. Gaius and Vlad, of course, knew the right steps as they joined hands. They were about the same size, so who led they decided. John knew the steps, too, but George wasn’t too sure where his feet were to go but was led by John. Wayne was leading Amasis. Kev and Ellis knew but Ellis led because he was taller.

Then Colin and I stepped into join them and we began to dance. Amir held his hand out to Shelly, Nicolae held his hand out for Helga and those four began to dance. Then Katy and Sean joined us. Mom and Willie, Gabriella and Alex. Then I noticed Karen, Wayne’s eldest granddaughter was dancing with Marvin Goddard. Rica, Gaius’ eldest grandson was dancing with Kelly. I wasn’t even guessing about any potential matches in the long run there. It wasn’t that everybody knew what steps or how to even waltz, but we were out there. I wasn’t that big a fan of this sort of dance before, but Colin holding me in his arms and his smile at me. Those emerald eyes looking into mine with such content and filled with love, I didn’t want it to end. The tempo changed and so pace, but I chuckled as Ellis began to move…well, it wasn’t a dance I knew. Ellis did.

“Time to kick and prance!” Ellis said spinning Kev rapidly bringing Kev to a waltzing step a lot faster and closer than most couples danced the waltz. As I said the ballroom was big but people were eating outside as well. Laughter and music made it nearly impossible to talk to anyone, so they went outside to do that.

As the day went on, the days were lengthening as the sun was sinking in the West. Gabriella went over and spoke to the musicians. The music stopped and Gabriella nodded and both men by the gong turned holding large padded…mallets? They swung the mallets and struck the gong, making the loud “bong!”

A large cake was rolled in the middle of the ballroom. There were...well there was the large wide, round cake at the bottom about three feet diameter. There were five pillars that held up five smaller cakes above the main one. All covered in light blue icing with white icing on the edges made to look like ribbons draped decoratively. On the top of the five smaller cakes were the familiar wedding toppers of grooms, standing side by side, one couple on each cake.

Gabriella walked toward the cake. “As you know, every reception the couple cuts the cake.” She smiled at everyone, but a mystified look on Amasis’ face told him apparently no one had told him about this part. She looked at Amasis and smiled. “It’s to symbolize your first task as a couple.”

I just knew we did it but never knew why. It was just a tradition. I knew there was an ancient tradition about breaking a cake over the bride’s head in Rome. There were the superstitions about fertility, which...really? With these guys!? There were children for some, but not with the two of each couple. Knives were brought and given to each couple, plates for each couple.

“No smearing!” Stan said firmly to Mark pointing at him.

“Would I do that?” Mark asked with a smile.

“Yes!” Stan said quickly. “That’s why I’m saying it!”

They each stood and together, each couple sliced the cake and fed each other the cake. No one smeared. That was a dumb tradition anyway.

Vlad and Gaius were happily munching cake when Vlad’s eyebrows danced a little. “This is much better than those little buns or those little cakes we...” then he looked around realizing that some did not know, “eh, I heard was done in the past.”

I looked over as Doris Martin was still having...well, she wasn’t expecting what happened. She kept looking at the men and women around, none of which were having any problem with this whole situation. Again, it was my hearing. I was wondering what the problem was and so, I was concentrating on her when my mother came to her.

“Is there something wrong, Mrs. Martin?” My mother asked.

Doris shook her head but was looking at everyone around her. “I was just...surprised by all of this.” She looked over toward me. Colin was right beside me as we watched our friends giving the cake to their spouses. “Your son is happily married to Colin Wentworth.” It seemed she was still working it out in her mind.

“He is.” Mom said looking at Colin and me.

Doris sighed. “When Stanley was a child...” her voice broke, “I’m sorry, but my brother...right after my Curtis died...Stanley’s father. He came to...help he said.” Tears came to her eyes. “It was about two years later Stanley told me about Darrell, my brother...was touching him.” She shook her head. “I couldn’t believe Darrell would do that, but I found out...he was doing a lot more to Stanley.” She said sorrowfully.

Mom smiled a sad smile hearing that putting her hand on Doris’ shoulder in comfort. “I am so sorry.”

Doris nodded taking a handkerchief from her purse. “I had Darrell arrested, but...I was so afraid...Stanley was damaged.” She dabbed her eyes. “That what happened made Stanley...” she waved to her son and Mark, “what he is.”

My mother looked at Stan. “No one made Stan what he is.” She said simply. “But what I know is...Stan is a brilliant young man. He is kind and loving. He is a genius. He is a man of good character.”

Doris nodded. “He is...I was so...worried. He brought home Mark and...” she waved at the other grooms, “they all look so happy. Not one is feminine or...I wouldn’t have thought…”

“Would that make a difference?” Mom asked. “If one of them were, would it be less odd to you? Stan is not like that, but it wouldn’t make him any different if he were.”

“I was...expecting him to be.” Doris justified. “He didn’t go out for sports or do any of the things that boys normally do. He didn’t date. He stayed in his room and read or got on his computer.”

“So?” Mom asked. “Devon wasn’t into competitive sports, preferring to run or do something that challenged himself. I think that’s perfectly normal.” Mom smiled again as Mark and Stan were enjoying something as Mark was saying something to Stan making Stan frown and shove him back a little with a laugh. “Stan is a good man. Mark is a good man. Together they are a wonderful couple.” Mom looked at Doris again. “The only thing I was concerned about with Devon and Colin was the age differences.”

I heard Colin give a little snorting laugh, which told me he was hearing the conversation, too. “If she only knew.” Colin pulled me closer to him kissing the side of my head.

“Colin as a wonderful man.” Mom said. “He loves Devon so much. I’m proud to have him as a son-in-law. He’s my family.” She waved at Stan and Mark. “They are also family. Stan made a good choice. So, did Mark! Try to see what you’ve gained.”

Doris looked again at Stan. “I just didn’t know what Stan would accomplish so...I never pushed.”

Mom laughed. “I say Stan has accomplished a lot.” Mom said. “He didn’t need pushing.”

 

The reception was still going, but the grooms had to go to the airport. They weren’t taking the same planes as their destinations were different. Luggage had been sent ahead to be ready. This time, the limo was a super-stretch which was needed for the ten men. We all gathered and got our birdseed ready as they all headed for the front door. Five couples exited and were sent to the waiting limousine as we all did the traditional toss of the seed. Different flights on commercial airliners were happening, but only a few hours difference. Ellis, Kev, Gaius, and Vlad were taking the same flight, but going to different islands after getting there. Wayne and Amasis were taking a cruise. Mark and Stan were going to Key West. George and John were going somewhere in the Caribbean.

Colin and I were waving as the car drove off slowly.

“Well, five more happy couples,” Colin said in my ear from his position behind me with his arms where they were always. Around me. “Anymore matchmaking?” He asked me.

I shook my head. “No. Amir and Shelly, if they marry will be about her. Chuck, if he decides to marry, it will be about her.” I turned patting him on the chest. “They are on their own.”

“I love you, baby.” Colin grinned kissing me.

“I know.” I returned the kiss. “I love you.”

“I know.”

 

The reception was winding down. Partiers were going home or one of the guesthouses. Dr. Hathaway did stay a night or two. Everyone did have to return home, though.

We flew back to Manhattan with the family that remained and were part of the VUN. It didn’t seem the same without George, John and the rest. It was…empty. Dr. William Canaday was resolved to work alone for now, with the knowledge George and Kev would be back.

We were all fine. We all missed them. It was almost at the end of the two weeks when Colin and I were awakened by a pounding on our door and the rapid ring of the doorbell.

“…wake up!” A voice called urgently. “Colin, Devon wake up!!”

Colin got up and had to go get the robe he would need as…we didn’t use them normally. “Ruben?” Colin called back heading to the door followed by me.

The knocking continued. “He’s gone!” Ruben said through the door.

Colin opened the door to see a frantic Ruben Chance. “Who is gone?”

“George!” Ruben came in. He had thrown on jeans and a shirt…barely. His hair was a mess. “I was called by John. I was on Buddy while Stan’s gone. I was asleep as there were no teams out tonight…” he said breathlessly. “John called. George is gone!! He’s been kidnapped!!!”

My heart missed a beat as I felt the cold icy fear grip it.

 

 

Author’s note: Stay tuned for Blueblood 5.1: VUN Red Alert!! Not a new book, but 29 Chapters!? This…is a Cliffhanger!!!

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
  • Love 13
  • Wow 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

You do realize there are a few stories posted here that are more than 100 chapters long, don’t you?  ;–)

 

 

I’m guessing the other honeymoons will be cut short as everyone is needed back at VUN headquarters! Stan will have taken some sort of portable Buddy with him and can start searching for clues as soon as they let him know about the kidnapping! Ruben was too upset to think about calling Devon & Colin on the phone rather than pounding on their door?  ;–)

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

You do realize there are a few stories posted here that are more than 100 chapters long, don’t you?  ;–)

 

 

I’m guessing the other honeymoons will be cut short as everyone is needed back at VUN headquarters! Stan will have taken some sort of portable Buddy with him and can start searching for clues as soon as they let him know about the kidnapping! Ruben was too upset to think about calling Devon & Colin on the phone rather than pounding on their door?  ;–)

Yes, I know there are stories that have more.  North Meets South is probably going to be as long.  Yes, Ruben was upset, but he was there already so he came to them.  And stop reading ahead!!  You'll know when the others know.  I got HUGE plans for the next part of Bloodblood 5.  HUGE!!!  :P

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Loving this story ...

 

I like weddings though not invited to many now as everyone I know is ancient :blink: 

 

Hell even my kids seem old these days... My oldest got married this year,but couldn't get to it as was in and out of hospital having tests. He came up soon after just so that they could spend time with us. Youngest son got married at the same time and never even invited my partner, so he didn't get either of us. :devil:

 

Just hope these guys find happiness. Worried abut George... Maybe getting married didn't agree with him !!!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Dun dun DUNNN! I didn't know which emotion to pick. 

Anger: cliffhanger!

Surprise: kidnapping

Love: because I love your writing.

Sad: see anger and surprise

I'm so full of emotions now...I hope your happy. Lol

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Another great chapter in the continuing story of the VUN. I love the reception and the way that Betty went to speak to Stan's mom who seemed to be having a problem with the fact that Stan married Mark. While speaking to her Betty found out what Stan went through as a young boy, Stan was molested by his uncle and that's why his mom was having the problem. Stan's mom felt that Stan started liking men due to the fact that Stan was molested by his uncle, Betty told her that that he didn't like men because of the abuse he's suffered from as a boy. Betty also told Stan's mom that Stan and Mark both married strong men who didn't fit the stero type that says that if a man is gay then he's limp wristed and very feminine  and neither of them fit in that category. I hope that George is going to be alright after getting kidnapped while he and John were on their honeymoon. Colin, Devon and Ruben will get the ball rolling as they put together a plan to rescue George. It shouldn't be to difficult to locate him with his personal safety disc in. They'll have to get a few more people to help with the rescue of George. I can't wait to read about what happens next for George, and the rest of the VUN family. Thanks for the great story, I hope that your employer hires someone soon so you can have some time to relax. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

[rant] I want to point out that there’s nothing wrong with being effeminate. Some men are and they shouldn’t feel ashamed of who they are. We shouldn’t go so far overboard in denying that we are effeminate that others feel denigrated. There’s plenty of room for Gay men to express themselves in all sorts of ways without affecting other Gay men. It bothers me when ultra-macho he-men feel so threatened by the few who are effeminate that they make others feel bad about themselves. The one common thread among all Gay men is that we are all attracted to other men. Nothing else necessarily is shared, but that doesn’t change the fact that we are all Gay men. Don’t bully others just because they don’t express their sexual orientation the same way you do. [/rant]

Link to comment

I completely agree with you droughtquake. People need to just let others be who they are it's not like they or others are trying to convert the heterosexuals, unlike many religious people. I say be who you want to be not what others want you to be.😋

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, droughtquake said:

[rant] I want to point out that there’s nothing wrong with being effeminate. Some men are and they shouldn’t feel ashamed of who they are. We shouldn’t go so far overboard in denying that we are effeminate that others feel denigrated. There’s plenty of room for Gay men to express themselves in all sorts of ways without affecting other Gay men. It bothers me when ultra-macho he-men feel so threatened by the few who are effeminate that they make others feel bad about themselves. The one common thread among all Gay men is that we are all attracted to other men. Nothing else necessarily is shared, but that doesn’t change the fact that we are all Gay men. Don’t bully others just because they don’t express their sexual orientation the same way you do. [/rant]

 

4 hours ago, Lizzydolphin37 said:

I completely agree with you droughtquake. People need to just let others be who they are it's not like they or others are trying to convert the heterosexuals, unlike many religious people. I say be who you want to be not what others want you to be.😋

I do, too!  That's why Mom asked Doris would it matter?  Stan is just Stan.  Judging someone because what they do or act is wrong.  A person's merit should be gaged by who they are.  Moral, immoral?  Do they hurt people in any way?  Being butch is no gage.  Do they steal, are they honest?  Do they put their own needs before anyone else's?  Character rather than behavior!  (Whispered:  I am not that butch.  I don't fix cars or play sports.  I don't even watch the game on TV.)  I don't know those odd color names, (my character in the stories say that.)  I don't dress up or know designers.  I am comfortable.  Am I effeminate?  (Shrug)  Maybe.  :P

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
On 5/28/2018 at 10:50 PM, droughtquake said:

[rant] I want to point out that there’s nothing wrong with being effeminate. Some men are and they shouldn’t feel ashamed of who they are. We shouldn’t go so far overboard in denying that we are effeminate that others feel denigrated. There’s plenty of room for Gay men to express themselves in all sorts of ways without affecting other Gay men. It bothers me when ultra-macho he-men feel so threatened by the few who are effeminate that they make others feel bad about themselves. The one common thread among all Gay men is that we are all attracted to other men. Nothing else necessarily is shared, but that doesn’t change the fact that we are all Gay men. Don’t bully others just because they don’t express their sexual orientation the same way you do. [/rant]

 

AMEN!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

     I was pleased to see the use of birdseed thrown on the departing newlyweds Yes, the use of rice is more traditional – it comes down to us from pagan days (Rome) when it was used to symbolize rain falling on the fields to make the crops grow so the married couple should have enough to eat, but in recent times it stood more as a waste of food, and it is dangerous to the birds that may come the next day and eat it. The rice grains get into the birds crop, absorb the digestive juices and swell up causing great physical distress. It is not even necessary for birdseed to be swept up later – our feathered friends will take care of the clean-up very well. And birdseed does not swell up dangerously.
    Just as a suggestion, readers should listen to the Trumpet Voluntary by Purcell "The Prince of Denmark March", it is truly a magnificent substitute for the Wedding March which, in my opinion, has become somewhat overused and hackneyed. There is a version of it played on a magnificent pipe organ on the net, it even starts with a snare drum! 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..