Jump to content
    robertlee
  • Author
  • 323 Words
  • 1,526 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Being Cam - 4. September 30th

Never in a million years would I have imagine staying up until five in the morning on a school night. A school night! Like, I guess being 13 actually did have some perks after all. Never would I have imagine being the person Nate would come to with dating problems either. The kid who had never been on a date being approached by the teen heartthrob.

I guess he wasn’t in much better shape than me. What I lacked in theory, he lacked in practice.

“I don’t know what to do. I’m sorry I probably woke you up too…”

“Nate you’re fine, don’t worry about it.”

It felt good to be needed.

“Like I have fun with her but I don’t think I feel the same way she does and maybe going to the dance was a huge mistake.”

Things like this is why I was glad I didn’t date. Or even think about it too much. I would be completely lost if I had to balance all those feelings.

“Maybe you could just tell her you only want to be friends. Let her down real easy. Just say you aren’t ready for a big commitment yet.”

Nate sat in silence for a second on the phone. A second that seemed to last an eternity on my side.

“Or not too.”

“Sorry. I was thinking about something. I really appreciate you picking up Cam. You’re a good friend. Go to bed. I’ll see you in the morning?”

“Of course. Don’t stress, get some sleep. Everything will seem clearer in the morning.”

There was more silence on the other end and I almost hung up before I heard a faint whisper.

I love you, buddy.”

Click. Love? That was a new one for Nate and I. Emma, sure. We said it all the time to each other but he was another story. If I wasn’t already confused about everything, I was now.

Copyright © 2017 robertlee; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 19
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..