Jump to content
    robertlee
  • Author
  • 449 Words
  • 1,725 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Being Cam - 6. October 4th

Drenched in sweat and barely able to move I plopped down on my bed after 1 a.m. Mom let me break my curfew this one time since it was a special occasion. On the night stand beside me, she already printed some of the pictures out from her camera. I picked my favorite and pinned it to the board above my desk. I wanted to remember this night forever.

We all danced and laughed together forgetting that the boys even came with dates. Nate told Alexa how he felt and she ditched almost immediately after getting there to see her own friends. And Isaac, well Isaac couldn’t even remember whatshername’s name. Emma and Isaac kept flirting with each other and getting closer and closer even as they argued about stupid things.

Which left Nate and me off by ourselves. We danced, we talked and everything felt completely insanely awkward and made me sweat even worse. But in that good way. Like the movie kind of way.

Maybe that research was paying off. Maybe I was starting to get one of those strong emotional connections to someone. Someone like… Nate. My mind was frozen since our phone call the other night when he said those words. Those words you save for your girlfriend or your family. Not one of your random friends.

Bzzz. Bzzz.

Something with my phone at the early hours of the morning was becoming a habit it seemed. Especially when I was thinking crazy thoughts.

Nate: Hey…

Of course it was him. Why not, right?

Me: Hey what’s up? Miss me already? haha

You have to play it cool. That’s what my sisters always told me. Don’t be too eager or you come off as needy. Or clingy. Or something.

He was just a friend anyway it didn’t matter. I needed to get my head looked at after this weekend. The infamous “typing” icon was flashing on our message. Maybe I made him feel weird already. Jesus.

Nate: Yeah actually…

What?

Nate: I had so much fun with you tonight. Like 10x more than I would have had with Alexa. You’re super cool Cam.

Again, what? I had to be dreaming. Like someone needed to pinch me so hard it would snap me out of it. Was Nate someone like me? Confused and having no idea what he was feeling? How do I even respond to that?

Me: I was just thinking the same thing Nate. You’re awesome too.

I almost passed out. How do people do this all the time? I think I stopped breathing while I typed.

Nate: Let’s do something just us tomorrow?

Me: Yes please!

Then I really did pass out.

Copyright © 2017 robertlee; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well Nate is making some sort of run, but to what? Would love longer chapters but not at the expense of quality.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..