Jump to content
    RolandQ
  • Author
  • 1,050 Words
  • 2,113 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Sharing - 1. Prologue

The following is based on a fictional interview.
Each member of this family shares in telling the story.

The following is based on an interview. It turned out too long for the magazine article but ended as a book. My assignment was to interview an unconventional household: five gay men living, not as roommates, but rather as a romantic, sexual unit. Did this arrangement constitute promiscuity? Must a household of men resemble a frat house? What aspects of family did this group provide? I came prepared with these and other questions.

The idea for this article came through the usual channel of a friend of a friend who heard at a party of a group of guys living like an extended couple – dishes, laundry and sex. My editor loved the idea as an article for the series on the variety that was gay life and how it was redefining relationships and households. I was skeptical that this group would be open to a reporter’s questions, but was surprised to have the interview welcomed.

We had agreed that we would meet at the group’s loft apartment in a revitalizing section of the city. I was greeted at the door by John, the eldest of this group at twenty-nine years. He opened the apartment door, revealing a large, open space with exposed brick walls punctuated with windows along three sides. The center of the room had a free-standing fireplace. Easy chairs and couches seemed to have come to rest randomly around the space. The fourth side was a wall made up of doors. Just doors side by side the length of the room. No two were alike, but shared a character as if salvaged from old buildings. John led me to a seat in the great room of their loft apartment, facing the other men as they sat around the room in various casual attitudes.

As John crossed the sitting area and sat down, another of the men, strikingly beautiful in appearance and graceful in movement, reached out, taking John’s hand and pulling him into the large chair where he sat, making room for him. This was Mark. What I next observed spoke volumes about the relationship among these men and their comfort with who they are. As Mark snuggled against John, his hand came to light between John’s legs, absently stroking the growing bulge. John lifted Marks hand to his lips, kissing it gently, then put it into Mark’s own lap saying softly, “Not now Love, we’ve got company.” Mark replied only with a sweet smile toward me and a kiss on John’s cheek.

Another two of the men, who could be characterized as ‘twinks’, sat side by side on a couch. They sat with entwined arms, holding hands, Sean - Asian with dark hair and eyes, the other Tim - Caucasian with darkening blond hair and soft hazel eyes. I soon learned that they responded like twins, checking the other before responding, then answering my questions as one.

The last of the household, Brad, sat on the floor leaning against the couch where Sean and Tim sat. He was strikingly masculine in jeans and athletic shirt, his muscled arms and shoulders evident. Sean’s hand rested on Brad’s shoulder, occasionally stroking his earlobe. Brad stroked the sparsely haired leg of Tim.

Reporter: “I guess I’ll begin the interview with some questions about how you all interrelate. With five of you, it can’t be couples. Can you describe the dynamic?”

They all laughed as one. John spoke for the group. “Well, it’s pretty fluid. We’re a bit of a commune, everyone pitching in – and that goes for running the household as well as sex.” Again a group chuckle. “We each have our own lives. Brad and I have jobs, Mark splits his time between an acting career and odd jobs, and Tim and Sean are students at the University. There’s a changing mix of who is in the house at any one time. Most nights we all end up back here. Wouldn’t you say so guys?”

Nods in the affirmative.

I asked, “It seems kind of rude to jump to the bedroom so quickly, but I admit I’m wondering. So what are the sleeping arrangements? This is a pretty big place.”

Tim, the Caucasian twink stood, breaking free of the seated group. “Come on, I’ll show you the ‘kennel’.” He led the way to a door in a wall of doors – interesting design element – which he opened to a medium sized room at the center of which was an enormous raised platform bed. “Room for all, though we have two other bedrooms, too. At some point in the night, we all seem to end up in here in a big puppy pile – hence the name for the room. We do respect each other’s privacy – such as we can.”

Returning to the sitting area, the men had rearranged. Brad had assumed Tim’s place next to Sean. Tim extended himself across the back of the couch, occasionally nibbling on Sean’s ear. Mark was draped across John’s lap, looking up at him with open affection.

“I guess I can’t ask what goes on in the ‘kennel’.” I ventured with raised eyebrows.

“If you’re any kind of gay man, you can guess.” Sean spoke up. “We’re a fair mix of preferences. I’m pretty much a bottom, but as a small man there are limits to what I can take. Mark here, he’s our power bottom. All that male beauty and he’s only happy when he’s getting plowed. At desperate times, even I’ve been known to do him.”

Mark interrupted his gaze of John to toss out “Love you too, Sweety.”

Sean continued. “Now Tim here, top with major oral skills, not that we all don’t rival him there. John, he’s our all around player. A stud who loves to give and receive. This brings us to Brad, our most recent addition. He’s your basic big dick.”

“Hey, hey, I’m not just a piece of meat, you know. I got skills, too.” Brad answered, muscles flexed belying his response.

“That brings up a question. How did you all get together?”

They each looked at each of the others, knowing smiles were exchanged. John again spoke for the group. “There are lots of chapters in that story. I guess it goes back to when I was here alone…”

End of the Prologue
Copyright © 2014 RolandQ; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I can make more sense of the ending if I substitute "Brad" for the last two instances of "Mark." That would imply that before Brad's recent arrival, this large loft was supported by only one guy with a job: John. That would suck for John.

Link to comment
On 05/15/2014 04:22 AM, knotme said:
I can make more sense of the ending if I substitute "Brad" for the last two instances of "Mark." That would imply that before Brad's recent arrival, this large loft was supported by only one guy with a job: John. That would suck for John.
I'm not sure where I've lost the thread about Mark and Brad - but you're right, John was carrying the financial load with limited help from the others. But he has a good job, he has been carring the cost of the apartment anyway and is becoming himself through 'sharing.'
Link to comment

I had exactly the same thought, Mark was described as the 'power bottom', so it makes more sense if the big dick sentence (This brings us to Mark, our most recent addition.) and the reply is about Brad.

Link to comment
On 05/29/2014 01:36 AM, Timothy M. said:
I had exactly the same thought, Mark was described as the 'power bottom', so it makes more sense if the big dick sentence (This brings us to Mark, our most recent addition.) and the reply is about Brad.
Thanks, I'll have a closer look and straighten things out -
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..