Jump to content

You Promised Me a Tomorrow

   (6 reviews)

This story begins with Randy crying over TJ's grave. What happens to the beautiful boy, TJ, he meets the first day of school? You will have to read the       story until its dramatic ending to find the answer. Did T.J. break his promise to Randy?

Copyright © 2006 by Ronyx All Rights Reserved

Story Recommendations (3 members)

  • Action Packed 2
  • Addictive/Pacing 3
  • Characters 3
  • Chills 2
  • Cliffhanger 2
  • Compelling 2
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 3
  • Unique 3
  • World Building 3

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 3,582 Words
    • 4,092 Views
    • 15 Comments
  • 2. Chapter 2
    • 3,463 Words
    • 2,408 Views
    • 11 Comments
  • 3. Chapter 3
    • 3,688 Words
    • 2,312 Views
    • 12 Comments
  • 4. Chapter 4
    • 3,376 Words
    • 2,501 Views
    • 7 Comments
  • 5. Chapter 5
    • 3,430 Words
    • 2,262 Views
    • 12 Comments
  • 6. Chapter 6
    • 3,404 Words
    • 2,293 Views
    • 11 Comments
  • 7. Chapter 7
    • 3,230 Words
    • 1,899 Views
    • 11 Comments
  • 8. Chapter 8
    • 3,548 Words
    • 2,965 Views
    • 14 Comments
  • 9. Chapter 9
    • 3,919 Words
    • 2,440 Views
    • 24 Comments
  • 10. Chapter 10
    • 3,043 Words
    • 2,280 Views
    • 9 Comments
  • 11. Chapter 11
    • 3,482 Words
    • 1,774 Views
    • 9 Comments
  • 12. Chapter 12
    • 3,409 Words
    • 2,364 Views
    • 8 Comments
  • 13. Chapter 13
    • 3,667 Words
    • 3,310 Views
    • 18 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Summerabbacat

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This is one of @Ronyx's most challenging stories to read. Not an easy read from start to finish, with more tragedy, failure, hopelessness and profound sadness than the average Shakespearian drama.

As noted in other reviews, it is the story of two boys whose experiences in life are the polar opposite, yet something draws them together, something which if critically analysed could not be envisaged. 

With a supporting cast of mostly likeable characters, and is @Ronyx's wont a couple of characters you will enjoy detesting, the story is a deeply moving experience with strong social commentary.

  • Love 2
Link to review
Mancunian

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This is a gritty, realistic story that will have you wondering 'WTF' and at other times going 'AAAWWWWWW', yes it really does. I hated this story in parts because it had me worried for the main characters, it felt that real. But you know what, I really love this story and I know others will too. So stop reading reviews and go read it, I'm sure everyone will give it five stars just like other reviewers and I have done. This is definitely a recommended read.

  • Love 3
Link to review
JeffreyL

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Randy and TJ have really different backgrounds. They meet when TJ enrolls in Randy's school, and there is an immediate attraction. Will they be able to overcome their different backgrounds, or will those differences force them apart? Ronyx has written an engaging story about two young men trying to sort their feelings for each other. This story is not all sunshine and roses. There are dark moments, but it is a good story and worth reading.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to review
chris191070

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Not your conventional love story as it starts off at a cemetery. It contains many highs and lows and to be read to the end to fully understand the connection between TJ and Randy. One of my favourite stories by Ron.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to review
Graeme

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

TJ and Randy come from two different worlds, but despite that, they feel a connection. However, it's not that easy to escape their worlds and be together, and this story shows that struggle. Unlike a traditional love story, where the protagonists stand together against the forces that try to tear them apart, this is a story where those forces are within the characters, and they need to find the strength inside themselves to first accept themselves, and then to find the courage to reach out to the other.

 

This is not a light-hearted story, but it is definitely one worth reading. The characters are well written and distinct, as is normal for Ron's stories, and you'll fall in love with them as they go through their struggles, both internal and external.

  • Like 2
  • Love 4
Link to review
Wesley8890

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

This story was my favorite one. Even though the beginning took place at a grave, I implore you to keep up til the very end. While not an unconventional love stories by today's standards, the story has incredible highs and unforgettable lows. Randy and TJ have a love that is beautiful, unique, and painstakingly real.

  • Like 3
  • Love 5
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..