Jump to content
    Sasha Distan
  • Author
  • 3,320 Words
  • 5,771 Views
  • 25 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Wolf And His Man - 11. Stories of Home

“Are you really sure you wanna do this?” Oli arched at eyebrow at his friend. “Really?”

Buddy tilted his head, one ear turned outwards. Oli knew that look; the wolf was doubting his ability to make useful decisions again.

“OK, fine. Go grab your collar.”

Oli slung his denim jacket over his shoulder and packed a smaller size sketchbook, some pencils and a tin watercolour set into his bag before heading downstairs. Buddy was waiting on the doormat, collar in his teeth, tail wagging happily. Oli rolled his eyes as he fastened the collar, taking the time to touch his own, as yet unused, collar hanging with his keys, and let them out of the house.

The trip was Buddy’s idea. For the last half of the week, the wolf had bugged him about his parents. Considering he didn’t have vocal chords capable of holding a conversation in English, it was fairly impressive the way he had managed to sway Oli’s mind. Any time anyone at the office had mentioned family, when Oli had been discussing the family-related angle of the pet shop campaign, and anytime anyone on the television had said the word ‘parents’, Buddy had whined and wheedled and poked Oli with his cold wet nose, and Oli hadn’t been able to put the conversation off forever.

“Why do you want to go see my parents?”

Buddy glanced at him in despair.

“You want to meet my parents?”

Nod.

“Because…” Oli had frowned, “you think I should talk to them more? No… OK, you want me to… oh…”

Buddy had wagged his tail happily as the truth dawned on Oli.

“You want me to introduce you to my parents.” The rest of the sentence was left unsaid.

People introduced boyfriends to their parents, and when a person got within grasping distance of their thirties, then the people you introduced to your parents tended to be people of great importance: partners, fiancés, people you wanted to marry. As Oli walked with Buddy down to the end of their road, he wondered what his parents would make of their unconventional relationship.

Buddy had never been on a bus before, and while Oli bought his ticket the wolf put his paws up on the barrier dividing the driver from her passengers and did his best puppy-dog impression. This got him ‘ooh’s and ‘aww’s from both the driver and most of the assembled lower deck of the bus, and Oli realised that his friend rather liked being the centre of attention sometimes. They sat up on the top deck, because, having taken the bus into university every day for three years, Oli had never quite gotten over the teenage fascination with sitting above most other traffic. Buddy spent the time alternating between standing on hind legs looking out of the giant windows, or trying to sit across the spare seat and Oli’s lap and failing because he was simply too much wolf to fit on such a small perch. Oli was also quite used to drawing on public transport, and so he drew his favourite subject as the wolf snuffled around the bus, grinning at him and pulling silly faces with his ears.

It was about an hour’s drive out to the village where Oli’s parent’s lived, and as soon as they arrived, Buddy whimpered, his nose turning directly towards the large village green. They went to go and seek some relief.

“Is that your dog?”

“Yeah,” Oli turned to the older gentleman who had spoken, “oh, hi Mr Turner.”

Turner smiled at him.

“I thought that was you, even though you have gotten taller since you left school. How’s your father?”

“He’s good.” Oli didn’t like that a chance encounter with his old English teacher had turned so quickly towards his least favourite subject.

“I see him around sometimes on the hills with that big Alsatian of his, she’s a handsome dog.” Turner stooped to scratch the ears of a slightly elderly springer spaniel. “Of course, I see you’ve got yourself a new friend. And who is this lovely boy?”

Buddy came running back across the green towards them, going full pelt with all his feet off the ground at once. He failed to check his speed as he got closer, and went skidding full-on into Oli’s legs. From his prone position on the grass, Buddy grinned at him before righting himself and shaking down his fur.

“This is Buddy. Bud, this is Mr Turner, and this must be Sally,” Oli hunkered down and held his hand out to the old liver and white dog, “hey girl.”

She sniffed him, but was much more interested in Buddy.

“I swear, she might be getting on for fifteen now, but she’s still a spring chicken whenever there’s a handsome man around,” Mr Turner chuckled, “we bred her with a standard poodle, and there are few of her pups about the county. They made lovely children. Is Buddy going to be making the acquaintance of your father’s Alsatian?”

“Um, no,” Oli said firmly, “it was nice to see you Mr Turner. C’mon Bud!”

Oli didn’t bother with a lead across the green and through the village, and he took Buddy on a looping route that gave the wolf a bit of a tour of the place Oli had grown up in, and told him whatever facts came to mind.

“My friend Harvey used to do a paper round down that road. I used to fill in for him on Sundays because a bunch of little old ladies used to leave chocolate out and Harvey didn’t like getting up. I didn’t either, but it was a good excuse to get out of the house. Ruff used to come, and mostly we took the long route home across the fields. That’s our old school,” Buddy’s reaction to the institution was to lift one leg against the green painted industrial strength security gate, “it was alright I guess. My attendance scores were rubbish, but the art department liked me.” They headed at an oblique angle away from the rest of the village and down a country lane with no pavement on either side. “And this is us, the last house in the village.” Ten yards from the front gate Oli stopped and turned to the wolf. “Buddy…”

Buddy pressed up against his leg reassuringly, his scent like a blanket of warmth and strength. Oli took a deep breath, smiled to the wolf, and nodded.

“Yeah, I hope they like you too.”

Oli was about to turn and step away, when the wolf woofed softly. Buddy bounced up onto his hind feet, front paws resting neatly on Oli’s chest. The wolf was tall enough to look at him almost head on and Oli found his fingers looping automatically around the wolf’s back. Buddy pressed his face against Oli’s, cheek to cheek, and drawing back pressed his nose and muzzle against Oli’s lips. He nodded before hopping down and automatically shaking out his fur. Oli stared at him. Regardless of shape, fur, the presence of muzzle, fangs and tail: that had been a kiss.

Oli was still in a bit of a daze as he opened the gate and walked with his fingers in Buddy’s fur up the front door. It had been years since he’d bothered to use it.

*

“C’mon…”

Oli hung back, hands in his pockets, watching the guy he’d brought home dance excitedly up the front path. Twice during the horrifically expensive taxi ride home he had wondered what on earth he was doing. Bringing someone back to his parent’s house was not a sensible decision. Unfortunately, Oli was no longer in a position to send the young man back home.

“We never use the front door; this way.”

The pretty boy took Oli’s hand and Oli spooled back through his memory to try and find his name. All he could manage was a chemical blue scent tinted with shiny overtones. His new friend took his hand, walking close enough to have their hips touching, and as they rounded the back of the house, he dragged Oli with him up against the wall. Oli lost himself in the kiss, because it was fun and it had been months since he and Liam had finally buried the hatchet in what had been left of their relationship. By the time they parted, Oli was nursing a hard on in his best jeans which was rather successful in overriding his subconscious objections.

“What’s the shed?”

“Dad’s studio,” Oli was sure he’d mentioned something about living with his parents, “I promise that my bed is way more comfy.”

“If you insist!” The boy giggled, squeezing Oli’s hand before trying to get his hands inside Oli’s clothes. They stumbled through the back door. Oli tripped on the doormat and ended up on his back. His new friend purred in delight, straddling Oli’s hips as he opened his shirt. “Oh, I did well…”

Oli shook in a combination of anticipation and desire, heat and misty-red lust spreading from his crotch. His new friend ground against him, and Oli pushed his fingers into the boy’s hair bringing their lips together.

They’d met in the club. Oli had gone out to the pub with Travis, Dennie and the other’s from his course. It was a Tuesday, which meant student night at Revenge, and so Oli, a few of the girls and a couple of slightly more open-minded and adventurous guys had all headed there and paid their two quid cover charge. Oli had stood with a Jack and coke and held up the wall right up until the point where a beautiful boy with a shiny scent had looked his way, twirled around, glanced back at him and drawn him away from the wall with swishing hips. They chatted about nothing, flirted with promise but without actual meaning, and when it had gotten late, Oli had grinned and asked if he wanted company. The boy had roommates, and it wasn’t convenient, and Oli had been sort of crestfallen, admitting that he lived a fairly long cab ride away from the city, preparing to be disappointed. And yet the shiny boy had gone with him. It had cost Oli a lot, but he was intending to make it worth the money and the wait.

“Well that’s not normally the way you ask for treats.”

Oli froze, and without fully breaking the kiss, looked up past his date to where his father stood above them hands on hips, looking pretty much the way a person would expect a werewolf to look in its human form: big, hairy, and threatening. And there was Oli, with his shirt open and someone else’s hands down his pants.

“Oh fuck!” There was a mad scramble to get upright and dressed, during the process of which Oli knocked skulls with his date and ended up apologising to the boy whilst trying not to meet Alexander’s eyes. “Dad!”

“I was just going to the kitchen for hot chocolate. You boys want some?”

“Dad!”

“He looks like he could use a few hot dinners. These city kids are so skinny.”

“DAD!” Oli growled at him, “go away.”

“Your mother made lasagne. Yours is in the fridge.”

Oli hid his face as his father finally walked out of sight towards the kitchen. His father’s appearance had sent his erection into hiding too. His date finished straightening his clothes and cleared his throat.

“I’ll be off then.”

“What?”

“Sorry, I’m not so keen on hook ups where your parents are gonna be listening. I figured they were out of town or something.”

“Oh…” Oli stuffed his hands in his pockets. The shiny scent had faded, the boy wasn’t so happy anymore. There was no way he was getting a phone number and a second date.

There was a long moment of silence.

“Can you call me a cab?”

*

“Oliver!” Oli growled silently; he hated it when his parents used his full name, “what a surprise!” his mother glanced down, “and you brought a friend.”

Oli felt like a guest in his parent’s house, hanging his jacket and bag on the bannister, leaving his shoes by the front door and taking a seat at the kitchen table. Buddy stuck right up against him the entire time, not wandering off to sniff at the myriad greenish scents that Anastasia and his father had left behind all over the house, and waited with his head on Oli’s lap as his mother fussed around the kitchen.

“Your father should be in from the workshop in a minute.” Andrea placed tea, cookies, and a selection of bone-shaped biscuits on the kitchen table. Oli’s jeans became quickly damp with Buddy’s desire to taste his mother’s home baking. “Who is your friend?”

“This is Buddy, I mean, Boris,” Oli shuffled in his seat, allowing Buddy to put his front paws up over his thigh, bring him into eye level for the conversation, “he’s a werewolf.”

“Fuckin’ strangest werewolf I’ve ever seen.” Oli gritted his teeth at the wash of green and yellow cedar scents of his father, entering with his usual good timing.

“Hi dad,” he wrapped his free arm around Buddy and felt the wolf press against him reassuringly; “this is Boris.”

“So I heard. He’s a wolf.”

It took a lot of explaining, another three cups of tea, and most of the dog-biscuit selection for Buddy, who was very appreciative of Andrea Volkov’s cooking, until Oli finally managed to get through to his father.

“So on the full moon, he’s a person?”

“He’s a still a person now dad,” Oli felt like tearing his hair out, “but he’s human at the full moon, and a wolf the rest of the time.”

“How interesting,” true to form, Andrea had absorbed this knowledge as easily as she coped with the over-eager pet ‘mothers’ at the clinic, “Boris dear, would you like a drink?”

“Anastasia’s bowl is right there.”

“Dad!” Oli glared at his father, “thanks mum.”

Andrea got another dog bowl out of the cupboard and filled it from the water-filter jug kept in the fridge. When she placed the bowl on the floor, the Alsatian immediately went to go investigate, but Buddy glanced at her sideways, and something about the big wolf made her retreat to Alexander’s lap with her tail between her legs. Oli didn’t miss his friend’s happy little tail-wave.

“I’ve never heard of anything so backwards,” Alexander’s tone was derisive, and Oli knew that he had taken Buddy’s snub of his dog personally, “bloody weird if you ask me.”

“I have.” With the exception of Anastasia, every single one of them stopped what they were doing to look up at her. Andrea turned from the kitchen sink to find three assorted werewolves giving her their undivided attention. “What? I have.”

“Mum?” Oli’s single word query was accompanied by Buddy’s inquiring ‘wrow?’

“Andrea?” Alexander sounded incredibly confused, “what on earth do you mean?”

Oli’s mother rolled her eyes and sighed. From the kitchen she brought back a pair of wooden chopping boards, some knives, a saucepan, a selection of vegetables and a large piece of fresh salmon. She pushed the some of this across to Oli.

“Dice the onion and the asparagus please darling,” she began slicing the salmon into fat orange cubes, and spoke mostly to Buddy, “Oli’s father was always awful at keeping his schedule. About the time we got engaged and about two months after the whole ‘I’m a werewolf’ conversation, his mother sat me down to teach me about the calendar. Yana was a wonderful woman, and a very good werewolf,” she turned to Oli, “I always wish you could have known her better. When she was teaching me how to work out the length of the full moon and all about the phases, we got to talking about lots of werewolf lore. I probably know more than either of these two.”

“Why didn’t you ever tell me?” Oli frowned. He’d always trusted his mother to be more truthful with him than his father was.

“Oliver sweetie, you never showed the slightest interest in being a werewolf. I didn’t tell you because you didn’t ask.”

“Oh…” Oli didn’t have much of an argument for that, so he focused on cutting all the thin asparagus spears at the correct angle and while Boris stood with his paws resting on Oli’s thigh, listening to his mother.

“Yana came from a little village outside Saint Petersburg originally. She met your grandfather while Kostya was on a trip visiting home. He had finished university by then, and he was going to go into business like his father. They met just before a full moon, and by the time the luna sway had dimmed, they were in love. Yana emigrated over here, the rest is history.

“But she came from a big family, and the woman in her family, nearly all of them wolves, had taught her all of the old legends and stories. But there were also newer stories. She told me about a man her father had met, many years before she was born, whose son was afflicted, as he called it, because his wolf was backwards.” She stopped to smile at Boris, “that was the phrase he used dear, and I don’t think he meant anything derogatory by it, it was just that, as far as he or any other werewolf was concerned, the wolf inside his son was the wrong way round. I remember Yana said he must’ve been ‘scared of the moon’.

“The boy had a perfectly normal childhood, was prepared for the time when he would change and what the moon would mean to him. Sometime around the waxing half-moon, he became a wolf, and he didn’t change back until the rest of his family had donned their fur. Yana said it was a shame, because she met him when he was an old wolf, and he seemed very friendly indeed. I believe he had a child with a human girl, but Yana never knew what had happened to them.

“Boris, if either of your parents, but especially your mother, was a ‘reverse-wolf’ then it is likely that she was human while she was pregnant with you, like all werewolves are.” Oli frowned at his mother and she shook her head despairingly. “Well, women were another thing you were never interested in. Female werewolves don’t change shape while they are pregnant. It has something to do with the relationship between foetus and mother. She would have turned back after she had you, which would explain why you were abandoned. If your father was another reverse-werewolf, they would have had no choice. If he was human, he may not even have known.”

“But do you know why it happens?”

“I’m not a geneticist Oliver,” Andrea took the saucepan and added butter before putting it on the heat. She sliced the potatoes with a tiny knife against her thumb while the onions began to sizzle. “I don’t know why it happens. It is probably very much like any other genetic condition, where packets of genetic material get mixed up, lost, switched or doubled.”

“Like chimera animals?” Oli remember meeting a housecat which had been half black with a green eye and half white and orange with a brown eye; it had been a fascinating and beautiful creature, if not overly friendly towards him.

“Quite possibly. Yana said the father of this poor boy had told her dad his misfortune had been because he was conceived during an eclipse, but that’s just silly.”

“How is it I never knew that you knew so much?”

“Because Oliver, you were much too busy being a moody artistic teenager,” Andrea winked at Buddy, “next time you two come over, I’ll show you his baby photos.”

“Aww, mum…”

Buddy barked happily, and waved his tail with excitement.

Come join us in the discussion forum. We don't bite.
Copyright © 2014 Sasha Distan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 50
  • Love 7
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Ha, I loved this. Oli's mum knows more about being a werewolf than his dad. Such a lovely irony. And she's a truly nice person who treats visitors the same whether they are in fur or not. But I guess you could say his dad is the same obnoxious, cold-hearted bastard no matter who Oli brings home, so no surprise there. How did he ever manage to persuade Andrea to marry him ? Oh and the Alsatian got the snub. :evil:

And Buddy/Boris working on Oli to be presented to his parents had me chuckling, he certainly has no doubts about their relationship. Give in Oli, no resisting a stubborn wolf. :P

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Love Mom, dislike Dad, who is a class A jerk. Oli and Buddy/Boris are, of course, great and I hope there's a way for them to sync their forms. Love the story.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Another nice chapter to the story--and I love Andrea being so in tune with how teenagers work! :) As for Alexander, he needs to stay in the doghouse with Anastasia rather than in the house with proper people.

 

I like Buddy/Boris more and more as the story goes on...Oli needs to just give in, he's not going to win against Buddy's determination to be in a relationshiip!

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Boris is , without a doubt, adorable. Wanting to meet Oli's parents was sweet but I had hoped that it would pave the way for a resolution to the "not in sync" reality. I am still with Tim on Alexander being a waste of fur and Anastasia, while an innocent victim, still gives me the creeps. I am not giving up hope, but I am closer to being resigned to Boris and Oli's fate. Great chapter but I am still left with a pervading sense of sadness, even though you are showing their relationship building and their love growing...sigh...need to go for a run now...Cheers and much thanks...G

  • Like 1
Link to comment

This was a fantastic chapter. It is no surprise that Buddy/Boris would want to meet his mate's parents. I was nearly positive that Andrea was a terrific mother and far more knowledgeable than it first seemed for Oli to have become the man he is. She seems a bit like my own mother, truly wonderful. Her presence gives me hope for Oli and Buddy/Boris. I hope that we see a strengthened bond between she and the guys.

I think Alexander is an ass not a wolf and fortunate that he and Buddy wear fur at opposing times or I think he would quickly learn he is not the alpha he believes himself to be. He also might want to consider how lucky he is that Andrea is willing to tolerate his stupidity and reprehensible behavior. Having learned lore from the older generation she likely knows things that could Alexander in his place.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I woke up today, fully believing that it was Friday. Only to have cold water dashed in my face on discovering my error. It was not a good morning! :unsure: UNTIL I hit the browser button on my phone and opened GayAuthors.org and found this chapter! While the coffee was being made and teenagers were grousing about being up so early, :thumbdown::thumbdown: I was grinning from ear to ear! That Oli is so attuned to what Boris/Buddy is telling me, to his own feelings, that Andrea is such a wonderful mother! The kids couldn't get over the change in my attitude as I read today's installment!

Thanks for making my Thursday! :thankyou:

Link to comment

What a sweet chapter. I LOVE Oli's mom...she is just like my mom...wiser than I gave her credit for and anxious for her son to be happy.

I was so pleased that anastasia got the cold shoulder...LOL! Oli's father is a P.O.S. if you ask me...he deserves to be out in the shed with his Alsatian.

I keep hoping there's a chance for Oli and Boris to be in sync and happy. They are so cute together!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Finally! A bit of back history to explain, possibly, why Boris is the way he is...

 

If I were to voice a complaint, and it really isn't a complaint per se, it is that sometimes I do not immediately pick up on the transition between current day and Oli's flashbacks. I think it has more to do with me being a bit tired or sleepy when I read these chapters - certainly not the fault of this story – LOL!

 

Thankfully it only takes a few sentences for me to realize what has happened and then I simply go back and reread the segment to get back up to speed!

 

Thank you for this engaging story, I only wish that you posted more than once per week!

Link to comment
On 09/04/2014 11:30 PM, Timothy M. said:
Ha, I loved this. Oli's mum knows more about being a werewolf than his dad. Such a lovely irony. And she's a truly nice person who treats visitors the same whether they are in fur or not. But I guess you could say his dad is the same obnoxious, cold-hearted bastard no matter who Oli brings home, so no surprise there. How did he ever manage to persuade Andrea to marry him ? Oh and the Alsatian got the snub. :evil:

And Buddy/Boris working on Oli to be presented to his parents had me chuckling, he certainly has no doubts about their relationship. Give in Oli, no resisting a stubborn wolf. :P

there really is no resisting a stubborn wolf, you are correct.
Link to comment
On 09/05/2014 01:46 AM, avidreadr said:
Love Mom, dislike Dad, who is a class A jerk. Oli and Buddy/Boris are, of course, great and I hope there's a way for them to sync their forms. Love the story.
I promise nothing!
Link to comment
On 09/05/2014 02:20 AM, ColumbusGuy said:
Another nice chapter to the story--and I love Andrea being so in tune with how teenagers work! :) As for Alexander, he needs to stay in the doghouse with Anastasia rather than in the house with proper people.

 

I like Buddy/Boris more and more as the story goes on...Oli needs to just give in, he's not going to win against Buddy's determination to be in a relationshiip!

Boris is a determined sort of wolf, isn't he?

 

alexander had redeeming features... I just can't think of any right now.

Link to comment
On 09/05/2014 02:31 AM, Headstall said:
Boris is , without a doubt, adorable. Wanting to meet Oli's parents was sweet but I had hoped that it would pave the way for a resolution to the "not in sync" reality. I am still with Tim on Alexander being a waste of fur and Anastasia, while an innocent victim, still gives me the creeps. I am not giving up hope, but I am closer to being resigned to Boris and Oli's fate. Great chapter but I am still left with a pervading sense of sadness, even though you are showing their relationship building and their love growing...sigh...need to go for a run now...Cheers and much thanks...G
I think Boris is gonna love him regardless of what shape he is.
Link to comment
On 09/05/2014 03:16 AM, dughlas said:
This was a fantastic chapter. It is no surprise that Buddy/Boris would want to meet his mate's parents. I was nearly positive that Andrea was a terrific mother and far more knowledgeable than it first seemed for Oli to have become the man he is. She seems a bit like my own mother, truly wonderful. Her presence gives me hope for Oli and Buddy/Boris. I hope that we see a strengthened bond between she and the guys.

I think Alexander is an ass not a wolf and fortunate that he and Buddy wear fur at opposing times or I think he would quickly learn he is not the alpha he believes himself to be. He also might want to consider how lucky he is that Andrea is willing to tolerate his stupidity and reprehensible behavior. Having learned lore from the older generation she likely knows things that could Alexander in his place.

Andrea knows things to put Alexander in his place> why do you think he's not as bad now as he is in all of Oli's memories?
Link to comment
On 09/05/2014 04:11 AM, mollyhousemouse said:
I woke up today, fully believing that it was Friday. Only to have cold water dashed in my face on discovering my error. It was not a good morning! :unsure: UNTIL I hit the browser button on my phone and opened GayAuthors.org and found this chapter! While the coffee was being made and teenagers were grousing about being up so early, :thumbdown::thumbdown: I was grinning from ear to ear! That Oli is so attuned to what Boris/Buddy is telling me, to his own feelings, that Andrea is such a wonderful mother! The kids couldn't get over the change in my attitude as I read today's installment!

Thanks for making my Thursday! :thankyou:

We are proud and happy to have done you such a service. Happy Thursday.
Link to comment
On 09/05/2014 05:07 AM, Gene63 said:
What a sweet chapter. I LOVE Oli's mom...she is just like my mom...wiser than I gave her credit for and anxious for her son to be happy.

I was so pleased that anastasia got the cold shoulder...LOL! Oli's father is a P.O.S. if you ask me...he deserves to be out in the shed with his Alsatian.

I keep hoping there's a chance for Oli and Boris to be in sync and happy. They are so cute together!!!

Andrea is the best. We should start the awesome mom club!

I promise nothing, except entertainment.

Link to comment
On 09/05/2014 05:58 AM, KevinD said:
Finally! A bit of back history to explain, possibly, why Boris is the way he is...

 

If I were to voice a complaint, and it really isn't a complaint per se, it is that sometimes I do not immediately pick up on the transition between current day and Oli's flashbacks. I think it has more to do with me being a bit tired or sleepy when I read these chapters - certainly not the fault of this story – LOL!

 

Thankfully it only takes a few sentences for me to realize what has happened and then I simply go back and reread the segment to get back up to speed!

 

Thank you for this engaging story, I only wish that you posted more than once per week!

but then it would be over faster... absence and longing make the heart grown fonder, and I'm not ashamed to say I rely on that fondness.

Thank you.

Link to comment

I would love it if Buddy could intimidate Oli's dad, even if only in his human form. That man is an ass! I was glad Buddy established dominance over Anastasia, if only to get back at them for the way they treated Oli while wolves. interesting back story, though it really doesn't give them much. It might be enough for boris to know there was another wolf like him. I wonder if it could have been a relative of Boris who Oli's Gram knew? boris is a Russian name afterall. I'm happy that they are finding ways to enjoy each other and that they love each other despite their forms...the 'kiss' was really sweet. I just can't help but be sad for them if they never are able to be human at the same time. It is a hard relationship to not be able to talk both at the same time etc. I really wish there were some solution. I am curious as to where you will go with this.

Link to comment
On 09/05/2014 03:05 PM, Cannd said:
I would love it if Buddy could intimidate Oli's dad, even if only in his human form. That man is an ass! I was glad Buddy established dominance over Anastasia, if only to get back at them for the way they treated Oli while wolves. interesting back story, though it really doesn't give them much. It might be enough for boris to know there was another wolf like him. I wonder if it could have been a relative of Boris who Oli's Gram knew? boris is a Russian name afterall. I'm happy that they are finding ways to enjoy each other and that they love each other despite their forms...the 'kiss' was really sweet. I just can't help but be sad for them if they never are able to be human at the same time. It is a hard relationship to not be able to talk both at the same time etc. I really wish there were some solution. I am curious as to where you will go with this.
Werewolves are not good at keeping accurate records, so what Andrea knows might be all they will ever get to know.

As for Oli and Boris, I promise nothing.

Link to comment

Oli and Boris are surely the perfect couple! And I believe that would still be true if they were ever the same shape at the same time. *sigh* I love Oli's mum - apart from being a wonderful person she must have the patience of Job to still be with Alexander. Now, does Buddy knowing the probable reason for his reverse shifting help our happy couple in any way? Can't wait to find out!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/17/2015 11:40 AM, jess30519 said:
Oli and Boris are surely the perfect couple! And I believe that would still be true if they were ever the same shape at the same time. *sigh* I love Oli's mum - apart from being a wonderful person she must have the patience of Job to still be with Alexander. Now, does Buddy knowing the probable reason for his reverse shifting help our happy couple in any way? Can't wait to find out!
oh, you'll just have to wait and find out!
Link to comment

So more confirmation, as if it were needed, of Alexander being a self centered, spiteful organism, undeserving of any family.

I don't hold Andrea in the same regard as many others here. Yes she was considerate, for today, of her son's good friend Buddy but she must have witnessed how her deadbeat husband denigrated her son throughout his life and yet she never did anything about it, except repeatedly demand that Oli obey his father. What kind of a caring mother does that?

I said this in an earlier chapter but I can't understand, how someone intelligent enough to be a vet, decided that the best way to introduce Oli to being a werewolf, was not gradually educate him throughout his childhood but to wait until the final moment and say Oli come down and see what your naked father can do! WTF!

She then has the audacity to blame Oli for why she never chatted about werewolves saying he wasn't interested and was a difficult teen. She didn't think that the reason Oli didnt ask about werewolves was because he simply didnt know that he was one.

OK, so now that I've said my piece, I'll try to say no more about his deadbeat parents. Andrea, may amount to something, in time. I know the Alsation is a bit creepy always seeking the attention of Alexander but she's an innocent dog, unaware that she has an asshole for an owner.

All that aside, I really love this story.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
15 hours ago, Bard Simpson said:

So more confirmation, as if it were needed, of Alexander being a self centered, spiteful organism, undeserving of any family.

I don't hold Andrea in the same regard as many others here. Yes she was considerate, for today, of her son's good friend Buddy but she must have witnessed how her deadbeat husband denigrated her son throughout his life and yet she never did anything about it, except repeatedly demand that Oli obey his father. What kind of a caring mother does that?

I said this in an earlier chapter but I can't understand, how someone intelligent enough to be a vet, decided that the best way to introduce Oli to being a werewolf, was not gradually educate him throughout his childhood but to wait until the final moment and say Oli come down and see what your naked father can do! WTF!

She then has the audacity to blame Oli for why she never chatted about werewolves saying he wasn't interested and was a difficult teen. She didn't think that the reason Oli didnt ask about werewolves was because he simply didnt know that he was one.

OK, so now that I've said my piece, I'll try to say no more about his deadbeat parents. Andrea, may amount to something, in time. I know the Alsation is a bit creepy always seeking the attention of Alexander but she's an innocent dog, unaware that she has an asshole for an owner.

All that aside, I really love this story.

All parents are learning on the job. some do a better job than others.

Link to comment
16 minutes ago, Sasha Distan said:

All parents are learning on the job. some do a better job than others.

Alexander is learning on the job??? :no:

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..